“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Suites between May 2nd -9th 2009 for our Anniversary/babymoon vacation. The overall experience was excellent. It would be hard to find any faults with the hotel. One of the best features is the Spa. The Spa facilities itself are amazing, they could tell me they spent 2 million dollars in making it and I would not be surprised one bit. They have seperate wet areas for men and women which each include a dry and steam sauna, multiple showers, jacuzzi, one bubble bath, 2 roman tubs set to different heat, and a cold plunge. There is also a unisex area with heated tile recliner beds and a large spa tub. The Spa is free to use during your stay at the suites or the grand hotels. No treatment is necessary but I would recommend a massage because they have great therapists and it helped to fully relax while on vacation. Nice treatment rooms and lots of options on the menu. Camille the manager is most helpful and accomodating.

The rooms are large and clean, I liked that the areas are kind of broken up. When you enter you have a hallway where the closet and minibar is on one side and the bathroom is off the other. The bathroom is large and nicely decorated. One of the only issues here is the hair dryer lightly blew cool air, my wife had a hard time drying her hair. At the end of the hall is another door which leads to the bedroom/tv area then a seperate area with a desk and couch. The balcony is nice and large and has a drying rack for your swimsuits.

The whole hotel is very luxurious, from the lobby to the hallways and the restrooms. Their staff is always cleaning. We received excellent service everywhere, the restaurant and bar staff were very attentive even during the buffet meals. Natalee at the buffet was great... friendly, always smiling, and made sure my pregnant wife always had a full glass of water. Throughout the week she would ask how the baby was doing. The food was good at the buffet with a lot of selections and some different regional food each night including Jamaican Corner. We ate at the mexican restaurant which served good tacos for entrees and an appetizer bar that was really good. We also ate at the steakhouse and the tenderloin was really tasty and good quality.

The Beach was as said in other reviews, the sand was rough at some spots with rocks and shells and the sea upon entry was very rocky but once you are in a few feet it is clear and warm. The man made reef was really cool for snorkeling so bring your own mask and snorkel. The main pool is huge! Nice to hang out there by the pool bar and the infinity edge. Late in the afternoon the pool bar was shady and got cold if you were not in the water. Service at the beach was ok, there were a few times we did not get our drinks after ordering them. The poolside service was much better though. The server there was Virginia and she was really good. I got her name because she was coming by so often to check on us.

During the early part of the day we stayed on the beach, then spent the afternoons by the pool when the star friends have alot going on. They make it alot of fun, holding games and competitions by the pool. The beach aerobics were fun and got the heart pumping. And we enjoyed Carlos' Crazy Lazy Bingo each afternoon at 4. Even if you do not participate, you will enjoy meeting and talking to all of the star friends. Shout out to Georgia, Blanka, Monkey, Noodle, Crazy Kenny, Shane, Carlos, & Flexx for making us laugh and enjoy ourselves at the pool, the show, the disco. Their Comedy show was the best show all week!!! Hilarious, We laughed out loud non stop. It is put on, and features just the star friends. The other shows were good as well, we went 5 of the 7 nights to see the shows. The theater itself is amazing. They have a great sound system in the disco the DJ played hip-hop, top 40 dance music with good mixes. Lastly the music bar was really cool, loungy type of atmosphere and the band is really amazing. They covered contemporary songs and reggae songs beautifully and the singer can sing very well. I had a request and they made my night by playing a jammin "Rivers of Babylon". They did it very well.

All in all this resort is all that we expected and more and we would love to return. This was our third time in Jamaica and the best resort out of the 3!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Czech first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

We just returned from a week (May 1st to 8th) at the Iberostar RH Suites. This resort is by far one the best resorts we have ever stayed at. We are Riu resort lovers and this was our first trip to an Iberostar resort. We are hooked. We were booked at the Beach and were upgraded to the Suites.

The reception at the Front desk from "Ray" was just
over the top, he took care of everything for us and the rest is history!

Lobby bar is great to sit and listen to the musicians play, & you are guaranteed great service from "Michelle".

The Entertaiment staff (Star Friends) were all exceptional people, just to name a few, Carlos, Noodle, Pink, Baby Flexx, Monkey, Crazy Kenny, we had a blast!

The Food it was all good!
The jerk chicken at the beach hut was awesome!
I am not a buffet person, this buffet was excellent!
Plenty of alacartes to choose from, the Steakhouse, Gourmet, Japanese, all excellent!

The room, what can I say Ray got us a top floor room, overlooking the Pools, lazy river & the beach, it was stunning.

This resort exceeded all expectations I had. The entire resort is closed in, all air conditioned, even the night time Entertainment shows!

We will be returning next Spring & I can't wait!

Norrsitown,PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

I visited Iberostar Rosehall Suites with my mom and my sister from 4/29/09- 5/5/09 on a recommendation from a friend at work who was there in Fall 2008. We had a great time! I'm very happy that I chose to go there. Upon arrival we checked in which was very quick and were immediately taken to our room, 4317....no wait at all! it was great! we had a view of the pools/garden and looking just to our left was the beach! I think it was worth it to stay in the garden view instead of paying extra for the ocean view room but that's just me. The room was very clean and the beds were definately comfortable. I saw other reviews mention not getting enough towels and wash cloths and that was true for us as well. My mom asked one of the ladies in the hall and she brought us more right away so no complaints there at all.
The staff was amazing! The Star friends were so cool and absolutely went out of their way to get to know you and make sure you were having a good time daily. Monkey, Carlos, Kenny and Blanka were exceptional. They really do entertain you day and night. And you absolutely do not have to participate, they don't make you feel uncomfortable at all. You can say no and sit back, relax and watch. The shows at night were ok too, definately entertaining....especially Ms. Iberostar and the one they did with couples, Meant for Eachother....very funny. The life guards were also very very nice....Odean and Dick always made their way over to say hello and see how our stay was. The cocktail waitresses on the beach and at the pool were very attentive as well. Make sure you bring $1's to tip everyone throughout the week. They definately deserve it!
Our favorite person was one of the managers Jorge.....maybe the sweetest person ever! He does a great job and is always around and available to help or talk or whatever.
The food was great too! we had no trouble at all booking a restaurant for almost every night we were there. We had grilled Lobster at the Mexican restaurant, surf and turf at the Mediterranean, a great Fillet at the Steakhouse...etc. We did get a little bored with the breakfast buffet and the lunch beffet at Aunt Ruby's towards the end of our trip but it was good for the most part.
As far as excursions go, we went to the shops at Rosehall which was a little dissappointing....way more jewelry stores then anything else. That same day we also took the $15 trip in the afternoon that takes you to the craft market, the Hip Strip and to downtown Montego Bay. That was ok but the tour guide from Jamaica tours was not very informative. We had to keep asking her questions, she wasn't very good at offering up touristy info. I would recommend just taking a cab. You can spend more time and probably less money. Basically every shop no matter where it is...Rosehall or the craft market....everyone has the same knick knack, touristy stuff. We didn't go down to the local market at the end of the beach but from what we heard, they had the same things there too. We also went to Duns River Falls. That was fun but the tour with 50 other people leaves you standing in the cold water waiting for everyone else to climb...but it was definately worth the experience!
I really can't say enough about what a great time we had at the resort! We really owe it all to the amazing people that work at the resort. Without them it probably would have been pretty boring pretty fast! I would definately go back!

• Stayed April 2009
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

We arrived on May 1st. Our room was ready and since we were repeat Iberostar customers, our room had Tshirts for us, rum, and fresh fruit. Our view was great, we could see over the pool and the beach. Our room number was 3320.
Our first night was great, we ate the buffet which had great food. The theater was fun and the entertainment crew kept us laughing. Thanks Monkey and Babyflexx for the laughs. The disco was great and the music starts slow and then picks up pace as the night goes on.
The breakfast is fantastic. Everything you can imagine and it all taste so good. The entertainment crew comes in early some mornings and eats breakfast with you. They are all personable.
Monkey and Kenny teach beach aerobics daily at noon. They teach in the sand while you are in the water. Very nice.
The lobby bar serves a drink called the hummingbird- awesome drink.
It had been about six years since we were at an Iberostar resort and we had forgotten just how good it can be. The entertainment crew keeps everyone involved and are very friendly. The food is fantastic, the beds are comfy, the hotel is clean, the liquor is strong,and the service is top notch.
The only complaint I would have would be Camille at the spa. She is not as personable as the rest of the staff. Other than that our vacation was great and we will try another Iberostar resort in the near future.
Just wanted to say hey to Gary and Gayle, We had a blast with you guys. Keep in touch.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

We just got back from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We were there from May 5-9th. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer. Everyone is very friendly, the hotel is beautiful and I loved the beach. The only excursion we did was go to the Shops at Rose Hall. Not really worth it at less you are buying jewelery. We did walk over to the Craft Village which is
next to the beach resort. I never felt unsafe and the people selling their crafts were nice.
I would go back to the suites with no problem. And definitely to Jamaica again.
Nan

Halifax, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

My husband and I (37 & 34) stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites from April 27th until May 4th, 2009. I spent about 2 weeks researching other resorts in Jamaica before finally committing to this one. I shouldn't have wasted all that time. We were MORE than impressed with the resort. From the modern/contemporary design to the unbelievable food (of which we ate FAR too much of)....we were both so impressed. My husband had never been anywhere tropical - and rarely stays at hotels. However, I stay at hotels quite often & I've stayed at a couple of resorts in the Dominican Republic. For comparison purposes - the (former) Coral Marien by Hilton (Good) & the Grand Serenis in Punta Cana (don't recommend).

I'll try to be fairly comprehensive in my review:

1) Check-in: We arrived at 12:00pm - about 3 hours before actual check-in. Our room wasn't ready but they told us to check back in about an hour. We both grabbed a drink and changed our clothes and explored the resort a bit. We did check back in an hour...but it was exactly 3pm before the room was ready. No big deal - we expected that.

2) The Room: WOW. What a gorgeous room #3316 (3rd floor/garden view). Very comfortable bed, Modern Bathroom with a separate tub & glass enclosed shower, and double sinks. Lots of counter space for allllll my stuff (I don't travel light). The balcony was large and we had a nice view of the gardens and fountains.

3) Food: Lots of selection. We ate at the buffet every day for breakfast, the Beach "Ruby" for Lunch and at the restaurants each night (Mexican, Gourmet, Steakhouse). We enjoyed all the food. My husband had some tummy problems - but he eats A LOT - so really, it could have been volume :-) It wasn't enough to keep us confined to the room that's for sure. Try the Jerk Chicken at the bbq on the beach. OMG. It was THE best chicken I've EVER had.

4) Service: No complaints at all. We're easy to please. Everyone was pleasant. We tipped a dollar whenever we requested something, and we left 3$ each day for our housekeeper.

5) Entertainment: They do their best that's for sure. We didn't really take part in that - but we tended to go to bed early and get up early. Everyone else seemed to really enjoy it.

Overall - we'll go back for sure. We'll even take the kids next time! Go, you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

We just returned from a 6 day vacation (April 28th - May3rd). We were a group of 8 (2 families/ 2 rooms) that arrived around 11 am (way before check in time) and were pleasantly surprised to find that our rooms were ready - and they put us right next to each other. The rooms were exquisite. Ceramic tile floors, marble showers, granite countertops, a tub that you can swim in, modern paint colors, comfortable couch, desk with 2 chairs, and a private balcony/patio overlooking the pool area and the ocean. We couldn't of hand picked a better room or location in the hotel. Everything was spotless and impeccable.

The lobby staff was ok - but the most valuable employees at this hotel is most definately the entertainment staff. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the great memories that I know will last a lifetime for me and my 2 kids ages 12 and 9. Most notably: Crazy Kenny, Georgia (Socksies), Carlos, Shane Barbie, Blanka, Baby Flexx --- they were unbelievable. The were truely fun people and they were so personable. I miss them greatly. - Although we are in contact with each other thru Facebook.

The entertainment staff not only keeps you happy and busy during the day with pool games, archery, air gun, dance lessons, darts, ping pong, billards, ocean aerobics, morning stretches, water polo, horseshoes, botchi, but they are the very same people you see in the theater every night putting on a great show. After that... they will hang out and socialize with you at the bars and disco until 3 am. It is amazing they get any time to sleep. Jorge (I think he was a resort manager) greeted us every day with a warm smile and we found him in every part of the resort. He was a pleasure. So friendly and cordial. Attn all management...and yes that means you Jorge...do not let any of your entertainment staff go! They should be considered an asset to your organization, for it is they that will make your resort a success - If you ever need to cut someone, start with the lobby help or the front desk staff first.

Food was very good. The drinks were amazing - try the "Planters Punch". The wait staff was very attentive and friendly -by the pool and/or at the beach.

The pool water was crystal clean, and the lifeguard were very attentive. The beach was a little too rocky for me. You definately need water shoes to do into the ocean. I recommend the banana boat and kayaking.

The one negative I must mention has to do with housekeeping...We could not get washcloths. On the first day, we requested that we get 5 washcloths per day and we also left a note for the maid on day 2. We got zero. I had to go to the front desk and request washclothes every day. When I stopped the maid one day, she told me that she was out of them, but would return with some. Needless to say, she never did. It was so frustrating. They would come in at night and turn down your beds and leave chocolates on your pillow, but could not accomodate us with washcloths.

If you don't want to spend a fortune in the hotel's souvenier shop, go the the little village on the beach (right past the water sports center). The natives have set up stands for the tourists. You can get really nice things (t-shirts, wood crafts, jewelry, ground coffee, photo albums, hair braiding, etc..- all for 1/3 the hotel cost. And don't worry, you will be safe. The natives can be a little pushy, but overall they were very nice and pleasant - they are just trying to make a living.

Although the lack of wash linens was a minor setback for me, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone. I would most definately stay there again.

Renee from Philly

Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
4.0 of 5 stars 521 reviews

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!