“A wonderful, wonderful stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Toronto, Canada
“A wonderful, wonderful stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

As we stepped off the plane in Montego Bay I suddenly remembered why we were hesitant to go back, customs. The airport is a zoo (2-3hr wait to get through) and the air conditioning does not reach all areas, and the areas it does reach, it is not very strong..which normally I would be ok with, after all we're in Jamaica, but with 3 babies in the family traveling with us, they were not fairing well. Regardless, because of the babies, we actually got ushered through, which was nice. I'm sure it pissed off some people but it wasn't like we asked for it.

Anyways, transfer to the hotel was as expected, air-conditioned bus with the driver offering us Red Stripe and some island info for the ride. It was a 20 min ride to the resort. Check in was a breeze.

Rooms were clean and spacious enough. I asked for two cribs in the room and I got two cribs. We did rearrange the furniture a little so we could put the cribs where we wanted. Every room has a balcony and the view is great, we overlooked the pool area and also the ocean. There was plenty of space for family of four, two adults and two babies, two suitcases and a carryon. The maids made up the room everyday and also provided turndown service.
Mini bar is refilled every other day, but if you needed more of something you can just call and ask. Beds were alright, comfortable enough. Bathroom was spacious wit a depart tub and shower, along with toiletries and hair dryer. The step down from the main room to the living room is a bit of a hazard for my 9.5 month old and 2yr old (their still working on going up and down stairs). That's enough about the rooms.

The food is amazing. Amazing. The main buffet is where we had breakfast everyday. It has two omelette stations where you can get any eggs made to order. There are lots of pastries, yogurts, cereals, pancakes, French toast, fresh juices, fruits. Everything you need for breakfast and more. The main buffet was also great for dinner, they had different theme nights every day. There was also the buffet by the beach, which is a buffet for breakfast and lunch but it is the steakhouse for dinner. The beach buffet is also where you can get snacks during the day. You are allowed four à la cart restaurant reservations but we ended up getting an extra one because we had mentioned it would've been nice to try the Cajun as well but we already picked four. The gentleman at guest services was really nice and offered us the Cajun restaurant that night if we wanted to try it. We are so glad we did the Cajun (duck, chicken and shrimp were awesome) was so good! We also ate at the steakhouse (tenderloin and rib eye), Mediterranean (seafood platter for two and the steak was good), the Japanese (teppanyaki cooking tables, octopus was delicious), and the Mexican (grilled lobster, shrimp and tacos were good). They were all really really good. The house wine at the Mediterranean was the best. All the bars make their drinks really strong, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you want less just tell them to go light on the alcohol.

The resort itself was beautiful. The gardeners were always taking care of the landscaping. There are two pools, an activity pool and infinity pool. The infinity pool has the swim up bar as well as a shallow area for the kiddies. The lazy river was nice, but there are some real dead spots where you don't move at all. There are plenty of tubes available for it. We brought our own baby floats to use for the pool and lazy river, which was great because the little ones don't fit onto the tubes they provide. The kids club area was nice. Lots of toys to play with. They have their own little pools in the kids club along with a playground area. There's also movies you can watch in there. You can also leave older kids. We just brought ours to play with the toys in there, we didn't leave them. Next to the kids club is the water park. It's a giant ship, with water flowing through, a dunk bucket and slides. The kiddies had lots of fun in there. By the main pools there is also ping pong tables by the pool, along with other games. You can also borrow games from the towel hut. They also lend out their pump if you have anything you need to inflate...we used it for our beach ball and the babies floaties.

The beach was nice. Ocean waters were very warm. If you wanted to take a walk down the beach, it wouldn't take you long, but it's still a nice walk. The water is a little rocky in areas, water shoes would be nice. Plenty of chairs on the beach as well.
They have bonfires for the adults and dance parties for the kids on the beach a couple nights when we were there. Some days they have a beach BBQ for lunch..really good chicken!! Even though I go for the oxtail, their jerk chicken was so good too!

Servers do come around the pool and beach areas to take drink orders. Wifi was decent around the hotel, there are some areas where it doesn't work.

The lobby bar can get a bit cramped at times, but there is also seating out on the terrace which is nice. There's also a music bar with live bands and pool tables. The theater had some good shows and sometimes shows for the kids before the main show. There's a games room available. We never made it to the spa, but you can use their water areas even if you were not getting any spa services. There is a small "casino" with slot machines. There were a few stores in there for sundry items as well as souvenir shops and an Appleton store.

As a Suites guest, you are allowed to use the Iberostar Rose hall beach resort. The Japanese restaurant is over there, as well as the Cajun. Their buffet is much larger, and really good as well. They have a nice pier at the end of their resort (where the divers take off from).

When it was time to check out, we called a bell hop to help with luggage, he was there within a few mins. They held our bags for us until it was time to board the bus. Return to the airport was uneventful. We checked our bags, went through security and waited for the plane.

Overall it was a wonderful stay, at a beautiful resort. It was a great week, the weather held out and we only got about 20 minutes of rain one day, where the forecast had actually called for 80% chance of rain almost all week. We would definitely go back...after I cross off the other countries on my list!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Two years ago I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall with my adult daughter. This hotel is all-inclusive and for adults only. The hotel, beach, pools and most of all, the FOOD were wonderful. I tend to stay away from all inclusive if I can because usually the food is terrible. Not the case at either hotel. This time as a family we stayed at a sister hotel, actually right next door, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites-all inclusive but for children as we had a 19 month old with us. The rooms in both hotels are identical. The pools were larger at the Grand but the Suites had a lazy river. I didn't see many people using that however. Food was good at the Suites but the choice of 'ala carte' restaurants at the Grand was much better.
My two complaints are 1. The nightly turn down service showed up much too late some nights, 10PM.
2. The hallways and hotel rooms are all tiled floors. VERY loud when people are walking and yakking down the hall at 2am.
All in all we had a great time in Jamaica-at both hotels.

Room Tip: Away from frequently traveled hallways such as near the lobby or close to a door out to the pool/bea...
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Neither one of us had been to Jamaica but knew we wanted to avoid Mexico and have a destination wedding. We worked with a travel agent (who we will never recommend to anyone) and once she booked our trip through Apple Vacations, we were given a contact name at the Iberostar and did all wedding planning/golf/excursion events through her. I worked with Nicole and Simone at the Suites resort and they were far from amazing, they were TERRIFIC! The resort only books one wedding per day so each bride and groom have their full attention and we both felt exactly that way! We did the Star package which included the wedding, flowers, music at the ceremony, a champagne toast and a dinner after the ceremony. Simone came to my room and walked me through the resort, she and Nicole then made sure no one walked across the beach during our ceremony. The minister was professional, kind and excellent. The ceremony and wedding experience completed exceeded our expectations! It was a gorgeous day!
The remainder of our trip was just as wonderful! Since we stayed at the Suites, we were able to utilize the Beach resort as well, which worked out best because majority of our family stayed at the Beach. The family activities were FABULOUS! There was always something to be involved in whether volleyball tournaments, Iberostar olympics, making kites, water aerobics, dunk contests, dance offs, etc, the energy was quite wonderful! We worked with Santena at the Beach as my mother in law hosted a bon fire on the beach as a welcome party the night before the wedding! The staff at the bon fire were extremely professional. Nicole from the Suites resort even made it down to check on how it was going. Bon fires are only allowed to be had after the sun sets which is around 7:30 therefor I would suggest not having appetizers but rather splurge on an extra hour for the party. We did a bar, appetizers and music for an hour but most of us had eaten dinner so the appetizers more than likely went to waste. We should have done two hours of dancing and drinks with no appetizers. Either way it was wonderful!
On my wedding day, I spent the morning in the spa with Tamara, who did an hour massage and Nicole who did my make up. My hair turned out gorgeous! All were extremely professional and just lovely people to talk to!!
The food was TERRIFIC!! Every morning at either buffet (Suites or Beach), there was an omelet bar, fresh squeezed juice bar and tons and tons of other food. The buffet at the Beach and Suites resorts were really top notch! There was a wide variety of food, perfect to please all different ages and ethnicity. We really enjoyed the lunch buffet at Aunt Ruby's. They had delicious smoked salmon and food was always fresh!
The rooms were kept clean however did have a musky smell but I totally understand it was from all of the moisture from the air. We loved having the sliding glass door open however it would create too much moisture on the floors. Never had any issues with housekeeping, filling the mini bar or turn down service. It all exceeded our expectations. We had some favorite bartenders, Hesson and Devon at the Suites, Andrew at the Beach, Natanya at the front desk was so professional. We arrived at the Suites at noon and could not check in until 3:00 and rather leave my wedding dress with other bags, she kept it behind the front desk's closed door on its hanger.
We had the please of meeting Richard at the Mexican restaurant. He was so polite, had no complaints and made sure we were all comfortable and taken care of in a timely manner. Again, the food was magnificent! We ordered room service two nights and even though we ate it, it wasn't overly amazing.
The only complaint we had is the lack of people at the people while all the chairs were taken by one towel. Each morning we headed out around 10:00 after breakfast, we were not able to find a chair because 90% of them were held by one towel and no people.

We are very grateful for ALL of the wonderful staff at Rose Hall Suites. My husband has done all inclusive and he said this was his favorite, I on the other hand had not visited an all inclusive. I have pretty high standards for our next all inclusive visit based off Rose Hall Suites. It was a glorious time in a beautiful country! Highly suggest to everyone; adults or family friendly!

Room Tip: Ocean View for sure! Even though you don't plan on spending much time in your room, the extra sm...
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our first visit to Rose Hall Suites. We stayed the 2nd week of April.
Overall it was a pretty good vacation. We stayed in all inclusive locations in
Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Aruba in the past. As seasoned travelers
know there are usually pros and cons everywhere. You will not find one place that
is absolutely perfect. You just hope to find something that has pros for what
you enjoy. Our preferences are beach, food, cleanliness, and service. I will comment
on each of those.

Beach:
The water was surprisingly warm in the early morning and almost hot in the late
afternoons. I did not measure the temp, but it seemed to be warmer than most of the
other places I have been to. The water was pretty calm for most of the week, except
for 1 day. Montego Bay seems to get a bit windy at times (almost like Aruba), so it
could feel a little cool getting out of the warm water. Before our trip I was worried
about the rocks people mentioned, so we brought water shoes for the kids. However,
it was not an issue as there were some little rocks scattered about and less so
towards the Iberostar Beach side. There was also some seaweed pieces floating about
on a daily basis, so the water was not totally clean as I would have liked. The huts
on the beach do not seemed to get reserved as early like in the other AI resorts we
have been to, as there were plenty available. It seemed like more people spent time
at the pools which didn't make sense to me. There was beach/waiter service as well.
The only negative was that my daughter got stung by a jellyfish, but we didn't see
any and it could happen anywhere. Overall I would rate this beach/water an 8/10.

Food:
We ate regularly in the buffets and also dined at the Gourmet and Mediterranean
restaurants. The variety of food in the buffets was pretty standard you would see at
most places. There were freshly squeezed juices for breakfast. I would say the variety
and quality of fruits was not as good as in some places. There was good jerk chicken
for lunch at the beach buffet. There was usually good fish and chicken available during
lunch and dinner at the buffets. One day there was a beach barbecue with a live band
too. I was not impressed with the gourmet restaurant as much probably due to the fish
I ordered, but my wife really enjoyed the duck. The Mediterranean restaurant had
decent lobster bisque and good salmon. There were plenty of brand drinks available
as well. The buffets (except beach) and restaurants were fully enclosed and air
conditioned - so you were not hot and didn't notice any flies flying around. While the
variety of food may not have been excellent, the quality was very good.
Overall I would rate the food an 8.5/10.

Cleanliness:
The place looked very clean. Workers were cleaning regularly everywhere as you would expect. I would have given it a 10/10 except for one minor thing. After arriving
at home, we found a roach in one of our suitcases which must have gotten inside during
our stay. This was the first time this ever happened to us, but could happen anywhere.
I would recommend to always have your luggage zipped. We were surprised as we didn't really see roaches anywhere. Perhaps they need to do some more regular spraying. So overall I would give it a 9/10.

Service:
I was expecting worse and was surprised that most people were nice and quickly
responded to issues. The only minor thing was that the maid service seemed to
usually get done around in late afternoon - we were used to morning service at
other places. They also had turn down service as well which could late sometimes at
9:30pm. Overall I would give it a 9/10.

Other Positives:
It's just a 25 minute ride from the airport, unlike some other 2 hour bus rides.
There's a lazy river with tubes.
There's a small water park with slides for kids.
They have 3 ping pong tables under cover/roof
They have some slot machines in a room.
You can use the Iberostar Beach Resort to for anything if you want.
The rooms/bathrooms were large.

Other Negatives:
It's pricey.

Overall I would rate our vacation a 9/10. The negatives I mentioned will not
prevent us from returning as the positives outweigh the negatives. The
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites definately has some very good qualities and like I
mentioned originally you need to look at it as an overall experience for
the features you are most interested in. That's my opinion on how to evaluate
it properly.

Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great time at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Hotel and Accommodations: Check-in and out was great, and hassle free. We were upgraded at check-in which was unexpected and awesome, have never had that happen... The grounds and hotel were beautiful and very well maintained. Our room was great--- king size bed with sitting area, bathroom had a soaker tub and stand up shower. (Ladies bring your hairdryer from home). The balcony was very nice, we stayed in room 3219 and had an ocean view and view of the pools.

Food: We ate at the French and Mexican restaurants, as well as the Japanese restaurant at the sister resort. They were all packed full of great food. Our favourite by far was the Japanese restaurant. All three restaurants had tons of seafood, and all it pretty fresh and very good. We did the breakfast buffet almost every day, visited Henry, for fresh cooked omelettes every time---very good!. For lunch there were two options the beachfront buffet or the main buffet. Both of which had very similar items each day. The main buffet had a to-die-for pasta station which had freshly cooked pasta and sauce with your choice of toppings/additions. We actually stayed away from this buffet for that sole reason, I'd be too tempted to eat the pasta every day! lol. They also had jerk chicken quite often and chicken and beef patties. The service was very good! Especially at the a-la-carte restaurants. We ordered room-service on two occasions, it was nothing to write home about BUT it served its purpose at midnight after too many drinks... All-in-all we enjoyed the food quite a bit!

Pools and beach: the pools were great. The pool bar was great. My only complaint and it remains the same at most resorts are if you aren't up by 7:30 and reserving your chairs they are all reserved and most of the time remain empty throughout the day. Not really a resort thing but something to consider. The beach is beautiful, tons of beach chairs, enough shade-- if you want it, or need it, and literally steps away from the pool/resort with access to the pool bar. The entertainment crew was great and there were plenty of activities if you like to get involved.

Entertainment and nightlife: We attended one of the shows in the theatre, it was great, very funny! And after the wedding we went to the disco and had a great time!

Gym: I really liked the gym. Has everything you need to get what you need done while on vacation.

Wifi: for the most part worked really well and was FREE. You get access in the lobby, your room and the pool. It was kind of hit or miss but wasn't a big deal to us.

Wedding: we went for a friends wedding, and it was beautiful! Nice and peaceful, right on the beach. Their dinner was at the steakhouse and the food was amazing. They had a bonfire and dance on the beach with a DJ and it was a great time!

We had an amazing time at this resort and would definitely recommend this to friends and family. I'm trying to think of cons but we truly don't have any other than booking through Air Canada Vacations!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Been to several Iberostars, and the competition. I've always been a fan of Iberostar and this is my second time to their Rose Hall hotels. Not sure I'd go back after what happened on my last 2 days there.
Forget that the buffet dining area is WAY too small; I've never had to wait to be seated at the buffet anywhere! They're not equipped to handle a large volume of guests, say during a holiday week like last week was. The pool was VERY crowded, with very little space for little kids...again, a function of not being able to handle a large volume of guests. And it has to be mentioned that there would be knocks on the door every night after 10PM from "turndown" service or the guy to replenish the minibar...SERIOUSLY! I had to actually remember to put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door (never had to do that anywhere...I've always assumed the staff wouldn't try to turndown at 10PM!)
Here's the kicker: suddenly, out of no where, security decided to selectively enforce the rule of not putting towels down by the pool. Mind you, it's not like they removed ALL of the towels, just a few. I was there with 2 little kids and 2 older grandparents. As is the norm (***and I'm not saying it's right to "reserve" seats, but if that's what everyone's doing, I'm not going to be the only one without a comfortable area for my kids to enjoy their vacation), we'd put 3 towels down, have a truly quick bite to eat and come right back to spend the day by the pool. On the last 2 days, security decided to remove a couple of towels, both times being ours, while leaving EVERYONE else's in place...then I had to go plead with the front desk to get the towels replaced while my family waited by the pool like hobos...oh, while the other guests who put their towels down at sunrise were enjoying their day by the pool.
If they're enforcing the rule, then enforce the rule globally. But let's be real, EVERYONE does this, and it's not a big deal to hold 3 chairs for a family of 6 for half an hour; We paid over $10,000 to stay at a nice hotel, and the hotel can't even provide seats by the pool for their guests??? It's not acceptable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Iberostar H, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites hotel to host your vacation once again. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us and the online community as communication through this nature helps in the improvement of our product and services offered.

We regret to know that you were displeased with the last two days of your vacation at our hotel with the towel and pool chair situation. Regarding the reserving of chairs this is strictly against the hotel policy. We try our best to advise our guest that this practice is not acceptable by placing signs and also have our security patrol the area during the early morning period. We will continue to enforce the this rule to make it fair for everyone. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Online Reputation Manager
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We reluctantly booked this hotel when Moon Palace Jamaica failed to open for spring break. A word of warning to all Moon Palace customers, this is the second time it has failed to open and to this very day they have NOT told me they would not be open for our vacation! If left to them I would have only found out when I got off the plane! I only found out by chance and I now hear they will not be open for their 3rd new opening date (April) either so please be very careful if you are dealing with them now or in the future because they treat the customer very badly.

Anyway, on to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. There are 3 hotels on this property and this review pertains to the Suites area only. Check in and check out was a breeze and the reception area is stunningly beautiful and serene and the staff are super warm and welcoming. No one expects a tip here (we did tip because we got excellent service from everyone). We watched and saw that everyone was treated and served equally as well irrespective of whether they tipped or not.

Property- Right on a beautiful clean beach with shallow waters. The grounds are absolutely immaculate. Gardeners clean and trim all day and at night the every concrete surface is scrubbed with an industrial scrubber. The lazy river is clean and fun., although comes to a lazy standstill at some points. The pool has zero entry points, plenty of sun beds and is warm. The activity pool is close by and well used. Beach and pools have a lifeguard on duty. There is a games room (pool, foosball etc.), a kids club (our kid was too old to use it), a spa, a theater with nightly shows, a family friendly music bar. Our tween was busy, entertained and active throughout the vacation. He loved this hotel and not a video game insight!

Rooms- The rooms are spacious and clean. Our room was ground level overlooking the ocean. We had a very large patio, with 2 chairs and a small table and a clothes drier attached to one wall. The bathroom was clean and spacious, with a bath, toilet, 2 sinks and a walk in shower. We found the rooms be very quiet, we heard nothing from the beach or neighbors and any sound from public hallways is prevented by a second heavy door between the bedroom and the room entry door. Our son slept comfortably on the pull out sofa in the separate seating area. There is a safe, copious amounts of hanging and drawer space and a fridge with beer and soft drinks. No wine or spirits and no snacks in room.

Food- There are plenty of restaurants to choose from with varying dress codes and menus. All give excellent quality food and we enjoyed them all and appreciated the fact the seafood and vegetables were so fresh and there was always a variety of food, which included delicious authentic Jamaican offerings. No milkshakes anywhere for kids but we found a virgin Jamaican kiss was better than the frozen slushy drinks. Delicious fresh juice at breakfast. Desserts were not so great. All the buffets include a cooked to order station.

Staff- We have travelled the world and never have we met such warm, friendly and accommodating staff. Stephan at the swim up bar, is particularly kind and accommodating. All the cooks and wait staff too. And then there are the famous Star Friends. This is where Rose Hall suites excels. These staff will welcome, befriend and entertain you no matter your age. They are among the kindest, funniest people we have encountered. They are responsible for all the day and evening entertainment and activities. I could talk forever about each of them. We chatted, laughed, played and teased just about all of them. Kudos to Kiki who took care of our son when we became separated one evening. A big hello and thank you to VIP, Peaches, MoMo, Professor, Tasha, Kiki and all the team. I hope the resort appreciates and values you because in our opinion you make the hotel what it is and compensate for any shortcomings (more on that to come) Because of you all we will be back for sure!

What could be improved? We did not appreciate the silly outdated towel card system. It’s not necessary and really lowers the tone of the hotel. We were also told the hotel had top shelf liquor, yes they have some international labels but for the main part it is local. Of the international labels there were not really any top shelf, not even in the cigar lounge. My husband likes to drink cognac and there were none available, I like Baileys but made do with a local rum cream. The frozen drinks are made using the kids slushy mix, and were quite insipid. I really feel that he resort can do better than this.

The best things about this resort- location, rooms, food, activities, evening shows, beach BBQs, beach parties, the constant feeling that you are really welcome, the ways in which every one works to ensure you enjoy your vacation in whatever way suits you, all the hotel staff and especially PEACHES and all the Star friends.

One final top tip for you…… You can use the hotel unisex spa facilities without having a treatment. I highly recommend you do. They have a lovely wellness pool with a variety of water treatments in it and heated relaxation beds surround it. Then in a separate area there are multiple hot tops, plunge pools, sauna etc. Sadly the steam room and the Swedish shower were non functional but there is still plenty to do there. I have spent hundreds of dollars to use the same facilities for a day elsewhere (with no food/drinks)

In summary there is plenty to do at this hotel be you young or old, male of female, alone or in a group, do it all or do nothing at all. Water sports, work outs, pool games, boards, games, game tables, team sports, individual challenges, spa, DVD rentals, books, ping pong, foosball, volleyball, aqua aerobics, magic acts, bingo, slots, snorkel, catamarans, kayak, and on and on. The Star friends will not pester you but they a hugely responsible for the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. They set the whole tone of the hotel and people actually talk to each because of them.
There is ample security but we never felt is necessary. There are a couple of regular hawkers that come on the shoreline very early each morning and later in the evening but they are very respectful (and expensive) and do not approach anyone directly.

Do not hesitate to book this hotel; you will love it because they go out of their way to make sure you will. I am happy to answer any specific questions you have about the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!