“Will be going back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Mine Hill
“Will be going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just returned from a week at Iberostar Suites with my husband and three year old daughter and I can't wait to plan another trip back. I cannot say enough good things starting with the warm greeting to the exceptional service and friendliness by all the staff throughout our stay. Within a few days I felt like everyone knew us by name and so many of the staff went out of their way to get to know us and things we liked, ect.

Upon arrival, our room was not ready as we arrived a few hours before check in. We were each given a beverage and then invited to leave our belongings and go enjoy lunch at the buffet or any of the other activities. From that first meal to the last, we were never disappointed as there was plenty of variety to choose from. The staff at the restaurants were extremely attentive and went out of their way to bring us some Jamaican specialties that were an absolute highlight. I can't thank Trevor the chef enough not only for the DELICIOUS banana porridge, but also teaching me how to make it. Nadine was also especially sweet to my daughter as well as so many others any time we went to eat.

The room was quite lovely and spacious. As soon as we got to the room, we had already been provided with a crib for my daughter. However we chose instead to use the pull out couch and I was so pleased to see each morning they made her bed as well and would provide her with her own chocolate on her pillow with turn down service. There was one day where room service was quite late (came around 3:45 pm) and then the next day they were very early (9am). But they were very accommodating and always did a great job.

The entertainment staff was absolutely wonderful. Stingray, Sweetness, MoMo, and Peaches are an amazing team, along with everyone else. I can't remember all their names, but these four were especially fun. I participated in the water aerobics led by either Sweetness or Peaches daily and they were fun, energizing, and always amusing. Despite the low occupancy of the hotel, and a few episodes of "liquid sunshine", all of the entertainment staff always found ways to engage and entertain the guests who were around. My daughter especially LOVED the shows they put on each night.

The Kids Club staff...these wonderful ladies are a huge part of the reason my husband and I will definitely return to Iberostar. They were amazing with my daughter, learning her name early on and always including her in the kids games around the pool and engaging her. My husband and I weren't sure about leaving her initially, but by the end of the trip, we felt comfortable enough to leave her in their care for an evening drop off for two hours while we enjoyed a nice dinner. The staff fed the kids, put on a movie for them, and played games. My daughter had a great time and we had piece of mind knowing she was well cared for. The Kids Club staff also led a nightly kids show which my daughter HAD to attend each night. She is still singing and dancing some of the songs she learned.

We also booked a couple of off site excursions and worked with Ms. Beverly who was just lovely and very helpful in guiding us to the best/most appropriate activities to partake with our daughter.

I also want to mention the guys working at the pool bar were great, friendly, and served great drinks!

We will absolutely be returning to this resort in the future.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I booked this vacation with my boyfriend because we had heard so many great things about the Iberostar resorts!! This was our first time to Jamaica and we definitely will be returning!! We had such a great time! The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly! The entertainment team was very welcoming and genuine! They made us laugh the entire time! It was the off season for the resort and it was amazing how much the resort tried to have a variety of the restaurants open. They really went above and beyond, even though the hotel was not fully booked. The views are amazing in any of the rooms! The food was so good and had a lot of variety. Usually when I go away to other countries, I have to be careful of what I eat because some of the foods bother my stomach, but this was not a problem at all in Jamaica. My favorite restaurant was the Hibachi restaurant. The chefs were so funny and made it out to be such a fun night! The steakhouse was my boyfriends favorite restaurant. It was cool because it was like you were eating on the beach. I loved the Disco club, that I think is open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. It was great to enjoy a nice dinner, watch a great show, and then head to the disco to dance the night away. If the Disco was not open, then the resort had Karaoke night that was so funny because the entertainment team made it so funny! The service and drinks were awesome! The bartenders in the pool were such cool and fun people. They learned everyone's names and really made everyone feel welcomed! We never had to wait on any drinks and there service was exceptional! The overall service from Iberostar Suites was phenomenal & we now will only be booking our trips at Iberostar resorts. We also plan to come back to Iberostar Suites with a group of our friends because we know it will turn out to be such a great time! WE DEFINITLY RECCOMMEND THIS RESORT FOR FAMILIES, COUPLES, OR EVEN WITH FRIENDS!!!!

Room Tip: Higher level for better views & less humidity!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We just returned home from our destination wedding in Jamaica. I rarely write reviews, but it was the first thing I wanted to do when we returned. We relied heavily on the reviews we read on TA when determining. Let me say first, we did not stay at the Suites, we stayed at the Grand (I will be writing a separate review for the Grand). We were married at the suites and the majority of our guests stayed at the Suites. We traveled with roughly 25 friends and family members. So we spent the majority of our time at the Suites.

I was initially nervous with the minimal communication with the wedding coordinators in the months leading up to the ceremony, but Nichole and Simone are AMAZING and they put together an amazing ceremony with the little information they required from me. They were most accommodating, the ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. The wedding photographer was so much fun and knew exactly what I was looking for. We did not get to choose who we wanted, but if you do get a chance to request a specific photographer....Natalie ROCKS!!!

We had such a great experience spending time with our family and friends at the Suites, that even after our guests left we still would go to the Suites to hang out opposed to the Grand. The bartenders at the swim up bar (Jules, Christopher & Hesson) were SO much fun, they remembered all of our names and exactly what we all drank. The entertainment group at the Suites is a great way to get all of the guests involved and actually act as an ice breaker between other guests. Peaches and Colleen were great. We already decided that when we go back we will most likely stay at the Suite, everyone made us feel so at home.

We did stay in the beginning of September which is the slow season in Montego Bay. We could not really understand why it was slow season, the weather was beautiful every day. There were a few afternoon showers that did not last more than a half hour. Once the rain passed, it was right back to being beautifully sunny. Due to it being slow season, we truly had the staffs full attention. Everyone was very accommodating and remembered all of our names. From what I understand, if you go in the busy season...the experience can be very different. We just returned home last night and are already talking about returning next year. We loved every part of it!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just returned from the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for our wedding and it was AMAZING!!!!! We had 13 total people going and everyone had the time of their lives. We got married on the beach and it was just perfect!!!!!

This resort was top notch....incredibly clean...amazing views...food and drinks were fantastic. We had two connecting rooms (3414 and 3415) and they were perfect....

All of the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. A huge shout out to Peaches...Mo Mo and Sweetness....they are incredible...make u feel like u are at home...and absolutely great people. Another huge shout out to Kevin in the buffet wait staff. Incredibly friendly always went above and beyond for us. And one last shout out to Christopher and Jules at the swim up bar.... Thank u so much to all of them.

This resort was recommended to us by our travel agent Kim at Liberty Travel. And we can't thank her enough. If u live in Rhode Island go and visit her...u won't be disappointed.

We will absolutely be back to this resort and would highly recommend this resort to anyone....

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR to host your wedding day. It was a pleasure to have hosted you for such a special occasion and on this note we would like to say congrats and wish you both a lifetime of happiness.
We are thankful that you have taken the time to share with us and the online community experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaica. It pleases us to know that you had a great time and an amazing wedding. Also we are thrilled to know that your guest had the time of their lives while vacating with us. We will share and congratulate the staff especially the above mentioned entertainment team and bartenders that offer their great service and friendliness towards you our valued guest.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I went to Jamaica for the first time to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we stayed at the Iberostar Rose hall Suites and let me tell you, it was awesome! I don't usually say that about a hotel/resort but this place deserves it. The hotel was nice and clean at all times, the rooms were as well. The food was excellent and the staff was some of the best that I have ever come across. The entertainment staff, Peaches, Sweetness, Collen are awesome! They always made sure some type of activities were going on day and night that kept us busy. The pool was great with the swim up bar and it was just a nice atmosphere all the way around. My husband and I wanted to stay longer, but had to get back to reality. I would recommend this resort to anyone that is planning a trip to Jamaica. All I can say is awesome!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite with an ocean view, it is to die for!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR to celebrate your 10th Wedding Anniversary. We would like to use this medium and congratulate you such a significant milestone in your life. Thank you for taking the time to share with our online Trip Advisor Community the experience you've encountered here at the Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaica.

Indeed we are please to know that both you and your husband had an awesome time and enjoyed the facility and daily activities that the hotel has to offer to you our valued guest. We will certainly share your review with the staff and congratulate them on their hard work towards ensuring that you had an awesome vacation.

Once again we thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to your return for another awesome experience as expected.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The IRHS provides all of the big resort amenities with a small resort feel. Prepare to be blown away by the warm and genuinely friendly staff who not only welcomed us with pure Jamaican hospitality (Sonja and Kimoya) but also sent us off with hugs, thanks and “see you next year”. Big props to Jules and Christopher at the pool bar and Kaycee for her stellar beach service It’s been mentioned before but I’ll say it again: the Star Friends really make your time here extra-special and fun… shout-outs to Sweetness, OMG, Stingray, VIP, and Momo for the dance moves and the laughs! In the buffet and restaurants I have to acknowledge Shandice, Terry-Anne, Raymond among others.

Our suite was large and more than comfortable for our family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids ages 12 and 10), with twice daily housekeeping ensuring we always had a ton of fresh fluffy white towels and perfectly comfy beds topped with some “towel art” on several occasions. Even with a view of the pool, we never found the room noisy.

Beyond the staff, the things that set this resort apart include:

Beverage service at the beach and pool, free room service, spectacular views from all rooms, superior air conditioning in the rooms, both rain shower and double soaker tub with handheld shower, cushioned pool deck chairs, top-shelf liquor, high quality food in the buffets and restaurants, etc. The added bonus of regular beach barbecue lunches with a festive steel band as well as a weekly evening beach party not to be missed.

Activities are available to suit everyone without any pressure to join… float down the very lazy river, play ping pong, foosball, darts, volleyball, soccer, sample the frozen concoctions at the swim-up bar, or do some serious work... on your tan.

We did the banana boat with TJ and Dave at Dressel – so much fun for everyone and we all enjoyed the free sea kayaks.

The sea is warm here and reefs are close enough for older children to snorkel to from shore. There is some beach erosion but not enough to negatively impact our experience. We spent much time under palapas by the sea and sinking our toes in the sand. No water shoes needed.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer not only the best view but a quieter stay. Consider how much walking you want to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear guest,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your family vacation. We appreciate the time you have taken to share comments on your recent vacation experience with us.

We are extremely delighted to know that you felt the genuine Jamaican hospitality of our staff and we will definitely pass on your comments to Kymoya, Sonja, Christopher, Jules, Sweetness, OMG, VIP, Stingray, Momo, Shandice, Terry-Anne and Raymond who contributed to making your vacation a great one.

We are happy to know that you were pleased with your room and the housekeeping service along with the beverages, room service, air condition, the food and the room amenities. It is great to know that you enjoyed the activities provided daily to our guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the banana boat and kayak activities along with the beach.

Once again thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very typical Iberostar Type hotel - complete with the marble stairs, marble columns and marble flooring. The beach itself is so-so - the sand is missing at some points and the beach itself is very short...On a different note the food is very good - always fresh, tasty and plenty to choose from.
The hotel and the amenities are very clean.
The entertainment staff is great and we also loved the kids park.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to have hosted you at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your vacation and we appreciate your feedback on your recent vacation experience with us.

While you were not pleased with the beach it is great to know that you enjoyed the food, entertainment and overall amenities of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Online Reputation Manager

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!