“Iberostar employee star friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Jamaica
“Iberostar employee star friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My stay was the best vacation ever thanks to some particular employees, who works at Iberostar suites in Jamaica
Their name is China & Sweetness! They made my stay worth while! If it wasn't for them I wouldn't want to come back! They were very energetic, supportive and welcoming! They are part of the star friends department In the resort! I was there for a week and I felt like I was home!

• Stayed June 2014
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are delighted to know that you had a great vacation and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community your review of the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica.

We will congratulate China and Sweetness on contributing to making your vacation one of the best.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Czech first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband, 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter enjoyed the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites during March Break (March 5-12, 2014). I booked at the end of January, through Air Canada Vacations. The majority of the guests were Canadian. One night at the evening entertainment show, the host commented "Canada must be empty right now"

All the rooms are good, I would think. We had a room with a kingsize bed and pull out sofa. Though it was not an ocean view room, when we looked from our balcony, the lazy river was in front of us and we had a nice view of the beach/ocean to the left.

The bar in the lobby made the best drinks in my opinion. I made special trips from the pool to get drinks from here (Dirty Bananas mostly) instead of from the pool side bar. The other beverage that I enjoyed throughout our stay were their cappuccinos. These were consistently good no matter which restaurant.

Don't expect fast drink service while sitting around the pool. You're better off getting whatever you want yourself.

My kids tried the water park. It was too small for my 9 year son...he was bored quickly. It was nice for my 6 year old daughter. The life guard and security guard who patrol the waterpark are very strict - no food, no drinks, always have your eyes on your children and they must be in your line of sight. They were strict to the point that I think they scared a lot of families away. My daughter enjoyed the place to herself, most of the time.

What both my children enjoyed was the lazy river. I enjoyed it too. For me it was definitely worth it to pay extra to stay here instead of the Rose Hall Beach because of this feature.

The resort has staff photographers come around and take photos - day and night. They are incredibly expensive but I was happy to purchase one of my daughter and husband on the beach, enjoying the sand. I wasn't with them at the time and it was nice to have that wonderful memory captured for them.

We also enjoyed many games of ping-pong and foosball outside and also the billiards table in the games room. The tables were popular and often there was a wait.

The food was good and plentiful. We tried all the specialty restaurants except for the Japanese (which a friend told me not to bother with). I loved the fact that you could help yourself to the appetizer buffet while you waited for your main course. One evening I ate from the appetizer buffet and didn't even bother with a main course because there was so much there that I liked.

The breakfast omelettes were a hit with our family. My son wishes Gavin could come home with us because he makes them just right. My husband and I also very much enjoyed the plentiful selection of tropical fruits and juices.

The kids club had some fun activities. My son played soccer with the kids, my daughter played "shuffle board" and did some crafts. Roxy and her team works very hard to keep the kids entertained and happy. The beach party one night after dinner was a lot of fun. All other nights, there was a kids show held in the auditorium. My children enjoyed participating in the talent show.

There was also a magic show in the jazz lounge one night. That was fun for the whole family.

The late entertainment (for adults) was not as good as I have seen at other resorts that we have stayed at. After a long day in the sun, and attending the kids program, we were satisfied taking a walk around the grounds, playing a game of pool in the games room, playing a game of cards on the balcony of our room, or relaxing in our rooms - reading or watching TV.

The two pools were nice. The activity pool which had a swim up bar was the busier of the two. The other pool was mostly empty. The annoying thing was that people would put towels down on the lounge chairs and then leave them there for the whole day. There were very few people around the pool but each of the many chairs was draped with a towel. I simple rolled up the towels that were left to save the chairs and put it on the table (between the two chairs). We then used the lounge chairs.

Housekeeping service was good though we didn't ask them to come into our room every day. We liked the large dispensers of soap and shampoo/conditioner which meant that we didn't have to use the small bottles and waste the plastic.

The resort issued towels were adequate. Each guest starts out with a towel card and can trade it in for one towel. During your stay, you can get a fresh towel as often as needed. Before you leave, you trade in your last towel for a card, which you then return when you check-out at the front desk.

One day, we hired a driver and took a day trip to Negril which gave us the chance to see the country side - the towns, markets, sugar cane fields, goats on the side of the road etc. On the way, we went through the mountains and on the way back we went along the coast.

Towards the end of the vacation, my daughter had a few braids put into her hair. The spa staff did this beside the ping pong tables.

Overall, a wonderful vacation for just the four of us (in the past we have taken many beach vacations with family friends).

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. We were in Room 2220. We had a room with a kingsize bed and pull out sofa. T...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites hotel in Jamaica for your family vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your experience at our hotel.

We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful vacation with your family at our hotel. We are glad to know that you were pleased with your room and the drinks at our Lobby Bar. It is great to know that you enjoyed the games offered at the hotel, the kids club, the specialty restaurants and the pools.

We will definitely pass on your comments to Gavin at the Omelet Station. We are also delighted to know that you were pleased with the Housekeeping service.

Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your family vacation and we look forward to seeing you again as we continue to improve on our services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a marvelous time at Rose hall suites! The rooms are very spacious. The house keeping comes twice a day to clean your room. The entire staff was overly friendly and made it feel like home. You get well acquainted with them because they are there from Sun up to Sun down. To me they were the best part of the trip! We stayed entertained from start to finish and they even learned our names! We learned their names too! They provide a kids club ages 4-12 throughout the day and just recently at night! My husband and I had tons of alone time in moderation and family activities as well. All water sports were included and we went out almost everyday! Each night there was a show or something fun to do for the entire family or for couples the same. After our stay here we visited the Hilton Rose Hall and the experience there was second hand compared to Iberostar! You won't want to leave!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are delighted to know that you had a great family vacation and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community your review of the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica.
Indeed we are thrilled to know that you had a great time with us. We will share with your review with the staff and congratulate them on their hard work towards ensuring that you had a great vacation experience. Once again we appreciate you choosing the IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a long review. We just came back from a week here. There was a group of approx. 40 of us to attend my daughter's wedding. The staff is personable and friendly and the expectation is to tip so my husband kept the tips rolling from the word go. Good service is worth it so we had no issue with that. Bartenders are very good/attentive. First, lets touch on the food. The buffet is average. Some foods are very good, some, not so much, but the selection is plentiful and food was fresh. We dined at the gourmet restaurants as well (you need to make reservations for these, but honestly, don't waste your time ) The mediterranean was our first. You help yourself to apps, they bring you your entree ( which you order from the menu), you help yourself to dessert. There was approx. 16 of us. Anyone who ordered the salmon received it overcooked. My steak was fine, but that was the exception. Vegetables served with it were raw (potato/broccoli). The best part was when we ordered coffee, and they brought everyone's coffee with milk in it. We had to ask for black. Then just before 10 p.m. they turned out most of the lights in the restaurant and they had already cleared the apps and dessert buffet. Talk about rude. Didn't get a chance to ask for a second cup of coffee or have more dessert. Next night was mexican. Service was terrible, mostly just taco's on the menu but the appetizer buffet was good. Our meals were awful. 2 of us ordered some skewers of beef which the waiter poured alcohol on and lit on fire in our plates, ( while they were in front of us...........what!! that's not hazardous at all!) Tasted awful, all you could taste was the booze. Side veggies were raw again so I asked if they could cook them please. I got them back after dinner was over. A large party of about 30 came in and instead of being seated they were standing around socializing and speaking loudly around our table. They were doused in heavy colognes and perfumes. One person at our table had to leave the restaurant because of her asthma. We asked the manager, Carlos, if he could please ask them to be seated so the asthma sufferer could come in and finish her meal. He didn't seem to care and was very unprofessional. He shouldn't be running an establishment if he can't deal with customer issues. We left without dessert or coffee. Aunt Ruby's steakhouse was the next night. Steak was ok. I ordered medium rare, received well done, sent it back, came back cooked fine. Some others were grumbling about how it was cooked as well. Again, very undercooked veggies. We tried the Japanese restaurant next door on another evening. The experience was fun, but the food wasn't good at all!! The sushi was a joke, beef and chicken were overcooked, shrimp was overcooked. Octopus and white rice were fine. If you stick with that you'll be ok. Now for the wedding planner First of all, take a class in organization, and maybe one on accountability. I understand about island time, but, seriously, if you call yourself a wedding planner, and you charge a premium for a wedding package, should you not be on hand to handle any issues/conflicts that may arise. Why do the parents of the bride and groom have to talk to the wait staff about there being enough of a certain entree. Why do a few different people have to ask several times to bring out the champagne for the toast, and then when you finally do, you only bring 6 glasses out for 38 people? How can the server pouring wine ignore the fact that she spilled red wine on the family member sitting next to the bride , and, when it was pointed out to her, she didn't seem at all fazed and mumbled "sorry", and continued to move around the table pouring wine. I had to stop her and ask her to go get some club soda and a towel. What planet was she on!! We occupied a corner of the gourmet restaurant, and they definitely didn't have enough people working the floor because , as the wedding guests were waiting for service, the staff was busy waiting on other restaurant patrons. How ridiculous!!!!!!!! Can you please finish serving our meals before you move on to the rest of the people that came in later. I watched the woman who was cutting the cake and serving it after the newlyweds cut into it. Could she have looked any more miserable. She was cutting and slopping it on plates. To top it off, the wedding cake, which was 2 tiers was about one third served from the bottom layer, and the top layer was left intact for the newlyweds to enjoy the next day. THAT NEVER HAPPENED BECAUSE THE CAKE SEEMS TO HAVE VANISHED. The newlyweds called 3 times and waited over 2 hours before someone finally showed up with someone else's partially eaten cake. They turned it away and they said they didn't know where it was and they couldn't do anything. They complained at the front desk, and were met with the same excuse. Didn't do anything for them or take something off the bill to compensate for it. What a ripoff. I have to say, the rooms were very nice, the hotel is clean and the beach is beautiful. If you are a young family this is a good place for you. Personally, I have nothing against children, but when I go out to eat I don't want screaming children in the dining room seated next to me. If they are going to seat them, they should atleast keep them in one area of the restaurant so that those of us who don't enjoy screaming children can enjoy our meals/vacation. Sometimes, we would leave and come back later, but it wasn't unusual to go for dinner at 9 p.m. and still have crying, fussing children in the dining room. We, will NEVER go back to this place.

Room Tip: Don't get a room below the bar, you won't get any sleep. Some nights people were drinking an...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel to celebrate the special occasion of your daughter’s wedding. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinions on the hotel and the experience you had while vacationing with us.

We sincerely regret to know that you were not pleased with the food and service at our restaurants. We will have a deeper analysis of the issues that you have mentioned in your comments and forward them to the relevant management team of the hotel. This is certainly not a true depiction of the hospitality/service that we offer to our valued customers here at the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. In spite of all the complaint we are happy to know however that you found the staff to be friendly and the bartenders to be very good and attentive – We will congratulate them on their hard work.

We would like to use this medium and extend an apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Once again we appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again as we continue to improve our services throughout our property.

Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at The Suites for a week from 9th May, just in need of a break, and I had a fantastic time. On arrival, I was offered a lovely refreshing drink, and my room was ready, so it was straight to the room with the bellhop, who gave a great overview of the facilities.
On the room, very well proportioned, with a massive, comfortable bed, with a duvet (!), which I was delighted at (as was expecting sheets, which I always get tangled up in). Nice sitting area, and balcony over looking the kids pool, which was never a problem, as there were very few kids using it! My coffee machine was missing on arrival, but promptly appeared when mentioned at reception. I also noticed my balcony light wasn't working (having hunted for a switch), and maintenance dealt with that whilst I was at dinner, leaving a note to say they'd been.
Being on my own, I didn't see the point in booking reservations for dinner, so generally ate at Aunty Ruby's for lunch, as it was nice looking out to sea, and at the main buffet for dinner. Great service, and Dianne didn't even need to ask by the third night... "Table for one, white wine coming up!". The food was varied, a couple of nights I will admit, I didn't really like the look of anything so resorted to grilled chicken, chips and salad (which was lovely, if not v Jamaican!), but I can definitely recommend the stir fry on Chinese night! The jerk pork I tried was a bit dry, and talking to a Caribbean guest, it wasn't just me over powered by the heat in it!
The beach was lovely, but quite windy, so I spent most the week around the pool. There are ladies taking bar orders by the pool, and they can sometimes take a while, but my suggestion, if you're that desperate, get off your *sun bed* (Trip advisor won't let me use the word I want to!), walk 20 steps and get it yourself!! The Star Friends provide some great entertainment around the pool too, and are really chatty, but in my experience, knew when to give up trying to drag you into an activity!! They also put on great shows nightly, so go and see at least one!! So many thanks to Professor, China, Sweetness, and behind the scenes, Ana, for stopping for a chat/lunch and being generally lovely people x
At the bars, special thanks go to Donald, David and the afternoon girls in the Lobby Bar, who were always a laugh a second!
The "disco" was hilarious, especially on a wedding night (which was most nights!!), reminded me of my younger days, that's for sure!!
I think that pretty much wraps it up, only one last thing... If you don't like loud, over exuberant wedding groups (of Canadians in particular), don't stay here!! There were at least five big wedding parties when I stayed, and I actually thought it was funny people watching, but I could guess that the over loud, shouting across the pool conversations were grating on other guests! But if you can cope with fun, rest, relaxation and having a great time, this is the place to be!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR. We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience you’ve encountered here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites property.

We thrilled to know that you were satisfied with your room and overall stay here with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed our Steakhouse and Buffet Restaurants. We will share your review with the staff and congratulate in particular Dianne, Professor, China, Sweetness and Ana for their contribution towards making your stay such a wonderful one.

Once again thank you for choosing the Iberostar Suites and we look forward to seeing you again.

Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a destination wedding. We stayed for 4 nights 5 days. The grounds are pristine and luxurious. It makes you move slowly without a care in the world. Parts of the beach are very rocky and hard to walk on but not everywhere. Once you find a clear path to the shore, the water is so soothing and serene as you soak in the sun. Be sure to catch one of the jerk bbqs on the beach where there is a delectable buffet full of lip smacking finger licking Jamaican cuisine with a live steel band playing as you eat. It's seriously amazing and delicious. The can easily get lost in the infinity pool all day as you make countless rounds to the swim up bar. Warning! Your drinks will NOT be watered down. A few sips will have you feeling irie. They want you to feel good and have a good time! I found the food at the buffet to be really good and satisfying with tons of variety. And I was happy to see Jamaican dishes at every meal. Their night club Mangos is open to the wee hours of the night and is much more fun than I anticipated. You will party all night long. I would run back to this place in a heartbeat. However, I would not say that it is particularly a romantic couples getaway. There are romantic aspects such as their spa, with a wellness pool and jacuzzi and pool room that it included in your stay! Don't forget to check it out! But the resort is much more appropriate for families because it is very child friendly. My 2 yr old is still talking about and wants to go back. A great choice if you are going to Jamaica and it's only 10 min from the airport!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here, we would like to thank you for choosing the IBEROSTAR for your family vacation . We appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments on your experience here in Jamaica at our Rose Hall Suites property. As a top class hotel in such a competitive hospitality geographical location we always seek to ensure that we provide our valued guest with the best and most outstanding service that exceeds their expectation.

We are pleased to know that you found our grounds pristine and luxurious and delighted to know that you enjoyed our Beach BBQ here on property as well as the Buffet Restaurant. We are also thrilled to know that your son enjoyed his time here as we always seek to provide our kids with a great experience as much as our teenagers and adults.

Once more thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

North Ferrisburg, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is our second time to the resort. We absolutely love it! We visited in May 2010 and had a wonderful time and decided this is where we wanted to get married - so we did! Our wedding was 11/17/13 and it was perfect! Every detail that we gave the wedding coordinators was met or exceeded our expectations!

This is a great resort for families and couples. The resort isn't really geared towards kids, which we liked (because we don't have any), but there was a play structure/small water park around the corner from the resort, I think a lot of the families stayed at the beach resort. There were a few families with small children and they seemed to be occupied. There is a shallow section to the pool that goes up to your knees or so and that's where the small children were. We honestly didn't venture too far away from the bar! :) The drinks and bartenders were amazing! We did tip our bartenders every day because they truly work VERY hard, however, it is certainly not expected.

The food and service was amazing! The rooms were great, watch out - the floors are VERY slippery when wet. We had an ocean front suite and we loved it, we were upgraded from ocean view to ocean front. If you ask for upgrades you will typically get them if they have room. We ordered room service quite a few times late night after we got back from the club, and the food was really good!

I would definitely recommend taking the hotel shuttle to the Montego Bay shops. You can definitely negotiate price with the vendors! We got a lot of last minute wedding supplies there: cigars, liquor, jewelry, photo albums etc. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes.

We visited Montego Bay and Negril during this trip and we really enjoyed Negril better. There was a lot less hustle and bustle there, it seemed more relaxing and peaceful. The ocean was also a lot more blue and there were less waves. All and all this resort is great and will definitely be visiting again in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for returning the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and choosing our hotel for your destination wedding. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community a review of the experience you had here. We are also thrilled to know that you had the wedding of your dreams and it did exceed your expectation

It is great to know that you enjoyed the service provided by our bartenders and the food that the resort offered. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your room and received the upgrade which you asked for.

Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to host such a very special occasion as your wedding and we look forward to seeing you again.

Online Reputation Manager

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!