“Destination Weddings Resort of Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Atlanta, Georgia
“Destination Weddings Resort of Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had our family and close friends share our special day of marriage the weekend of Aug 22nd at this Resort.
The staff pulled off my dream wedding (notice I said MY) haha My Husband loved it all and the Staff did it well. After 6 months of communicating with our Destinationweddings.com rep and them via email/phone we got what we desired in a Destination Wedding resort.

Our Family simply enjoyed the hotel including the kids! This is def a 4 STAR hotel. The only reason my husband and I would not give this particular Iberostar a 5 STAR is the slow service (if we had to pick). We have been to a 5 STAR hotel and those hotels are staff accordingly to accommodate a large crowd w/ 24Hr room service etc. Other than that, we don’t have much bad things to say about this Iberostar.

The food was great with a great selection.

The rooms are BIG and Spacious but a couple of our guest had to change rooms due to air vents that needed to be replaced that left a smell in the room if they were not replaced in sometime.
The Beach is nice, even though I did not have a chance to get in the beach while entertaining family but it was well worth it once we taken our photos on the beach for the wedding.

The resort is well kept up. You can take the Luxury of eating at the GRAND and the ROSE HALL which are the Iberostar’s next door. However, the GRAND is ADULTS only which is nice if you can get away. RSVP for restaurants book up fast so be sure to do this on your arrival day.
We did get a chance to eat at the Japanese Steak House and hhhmmmmm goooood. Just like the $100+ meal we pay for at home. ;-) Nice Touch.

They have Golf Carts taken you back and forward between the three resorts if you rather not walk but you can walk as well. Each are walking distance and in eye view.

Iberostar Montego Bay, Jamaica meet our needs!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear guest,

It is an absolute honor to have you choose our hotel as your destination wedding resort; from the multitude of other resorts worldwide. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for the opportunity of hosting your dream wedding at our hotel.

We are thrilled to know that you and your family enjoyed our resort, the wide selection of food, our spacious rooms, beaches and capable staff. Here at the Iberostar Rosehall Suites we take great pride in executing al our weddings and it is a delight to know you and your family had an ideal wedding here. We will pass on your kind comments to the Wedding department.

We are, however, disheartened to hear that you found the service to be somewhat slow we will be sure to pass this on to the relevant heads of department.

Having said that we are pleased to know that despite the minor setback that you were able to enjoy your vacation and celebrate your wedding with your family. We do hope that when planning your next vacation that you will once again consider spending it with us here at Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at this beautiful hotel for 2 weeks. I can honestly say we've had the best 2 weeks of our year!
I get really annoyed when I see bad reviews about this hotel because they are mostly petty complaints eg. We waited for our welcome drink too long, get up off your backside the bar is across from reception, order a drink and chill out ur in the most beautiful country in the world! There was no rack to put my shower gel, do you not know how to bend and pick things up! Ugh just annoys me to read things like that!

Anyway I'll talk about our experience
The moment we stepped foot into the lobby it was like wow this is beautiful and that was just the start. Quick check in all no problem mon! We arrived late at night and it took us 16 hours to get there so we just needed a big juicy joint of weed and sleep! bed was so big and comfy! The rooms where nice with a lovely sofa and spacious balcony, i would of loved something more comfy to sit out on the balcony like a hamack or swinging chair the grand beside us has this and looks class! But helloooo your not on holiday to stay in your room! Although after we got glammed up at night we like chilling on our balcony having a beverage so get something more comfy out there ok lol
The grounds of this hotel are immaculate, fabulous job done by the gardeners there is always somebody cleaning or trimming or brushing round the place!
Bartenders around the pool are so friendly and never keep you waiting on a drink. They love to join in a shot r two with the guests I liked that , they no how to have fun! Christopher and isheree are they only names I can think of but very hard workers all of them
Entertainment staff as I'm sure u have read are unbelievable, fit fit fit I don't know how they do it. I think they do 14 hours a day 6 days a week, dancing all the time, smiling all the time! We had such a laff with theses guys! Mo mo cheeky chappy and unreal flexibility! China such a cutie pie so funny the way she goes on she's got some moves! OMG so fun n let me tell u this girl can twerk! Sweetness, says it all in the name he's a really sweet guy that got really good moves and crap at football so my boyfriend kept saying to him but really, he's good hahaha! VIP he is like mr cool really really good dancer he can hop around on just his hands for ever was in awe watching him dance!! Happy feet he got some strength can hold his own body weight with just his hands! Crazy kenny the head of the entertainers and let me tell you he does an unbelievable job and he's got move like jäger haha! I mean I could go on and on about these guys because without them the hotel would not be as fun as it is!
The shows at night they perform to there best and getting on stage doing the ideal couple show was one of our highlights because we danced like nobody was watching!! Fun times..
Food yummy yummy in my tummy, we actually only ate out of the steak house maybe 4 times and the pork ribs delish. The waiter Adrian is the nicest guy to see there also O Neil and of course O Shane very plesent and attentive waiters! We ate once in the gourmet, we kinda rushed there to see one of the shows. My boyfriend suprized me with a romantic dinner on the beach one evening, if your there with your partner do this for them! I felt like the only girl in the world!! Love him for that! Oh and i had rose petals all over my room one night as another suprise with champers and choco strawberrys n a hot bath it was heaven!! We are by no means fussy people, we like to enjoy life and eating is not our no1 thing we came here to do! Drinking was tho because we like to drink and get merry ( we are Irish)lol they where not afraid to give us that little extra rum in our cocktails! We wanted mango tango a few times but they hadn't got them no
Biggy
In the lobby bar we liked to chill there and go on Facebook and post pics to make are friends jealous bk home haha! The seats are so comfy, shanike that works there this girl is so cool, she looked after us like we where celebrity's any time she seen us straight over to see how our day was going and also make sure we where well hydrated lol! The other guys at the lobby bar really happy all the time everything is no problem mon!!
The nightclub is like a proper nightclub with lazer lights, and good tunes to keep you bopping the whole night long ! We met so many amazing people on this holiday that we will never forget
The reggae bar very cool loved loved the reggae band very talented!
I actually could go on and on about how amazing this hotel is but I'd be here all day!!
Just go visit this hotel and see for yourself !
Go and do all the excursions that u can do u will not be disappointed they are a whole other review!! We had the time of our lives and just so sad to be back home and back to normal life again! Until next time Jamaica! best place EVER!!!
Much love and respect Aoife and Marty xx ❤

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Kindly allow us to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend your vacation and also for taking the time out to post your comments here on Trip Advisor.

We are sincerely grateful of your kind remarks about our beautiful rooms, our immaculate grounds, delicious food, our drinks, fantastic evening shows and our delightful and entertaining staff. It has given us a great feeling of satisfaction having heard that you enjoyed the romantic dinner hosted for you on the beach.

We are proud to be a part of a team that works very hard to achieve our guest’s satisfaction, and for all of the staff mentioned her we will give them your flattering comments

It has been a pleasure hosting you at our hotel and we are confident that you will once again return to our hotel sometime in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are a family of four, two adults and two children aged 7 and 5 we stayed for 14 nights in a junior suite in August.

Check in

Check in was professional friendly and efficient, they had us down as a different name as someone miss spelt or names but it was sorted quickly by Damion, no problem! The porter was very helpful and got our bags and us to our suite quickly.

The Suite

The Room / suite is basically a large room with a small step and small wall that separates a sofa bed area from two double beds next to each other, it was very clean with ample storage space and a well stocked fridge with free branded drinks (no Old Jamaica ginger beer) but all the facilities you need. The maid that look after our room was always friendly and always cleaned the room very well. The turn down service was nice as they changed the towels and tidied up, between us coming from the pool / beach and having a bath messing up the room and going out for dinner, which meant often when we come back to bed; it was clean with a chocolate on the pillow, which the kids loved.

The bathroom had a double sink and separate shower and large bath, it was a nice spacious area and handy for a family of four although I think they could have designed the rooms to be more like a small suite with separate sleeping areas than a large room.

We were on the fourth floor (top floor) in room 4429 there were some maintenance issues the TV did not work and when fixed it needed to warm up for about 20 minutes before it went on. The hair dryer stopped working twice and there was a leak from the aircon over the toilet but after a few calls the dryer was replaced and fixed and they tried to fix the aircon. We had a offer to change rooms three days before we had to leave but the room offered was no better than what we had and the packing to move for three days was not worth it so we put up with it.

4429 is at the end of the hall which was very quiet and had a good view of the sea and the pool areas. I read in some reviews that the rooms smelt damp and was damp, I smelt damp in the halls on the lower floors but on the fourth floor, there was no problem other than our leak, bring some clothes pegs for hanging your swimwear on the dying rack on the balcony as it got very windy at times.

The resort

The resort was a nice design with lots of marble and modern furniture and fittings and generally well maintained but I notice some design issues, the lovely design disabled toilet space but no low sinks to wash hands in any of the toilets. I notice things like this with small children that cannot reach the sink to wash their hands also the restaurant do not have toilets within them so you need to leave and go to the buffet restaurant or out in the lobby toilets. My general feeling is that this complex was not designed with families in mind and was an afterthought to get more business. Life guards around the pool and security were always around and looked focused which was nice.

The food

The food was a generic all inclusive set up, it was nice and if you like paella you are well catered for, what was a little disappointing was the lack of Jamaican food. If you go to the US you would expect to get a burger easily, in Cornwall you would expect to get a Cornish pasty and if you go to Jamaica you would expect Jamaican patties, but no. In almost two weeks no patties, I asked why and they said they would get some in and they did. Around twenty beef ones that went very quickly, unfortunately beef is the only one I do not eat but I was told it was nice.

There is a lot more to Jamaican food than Jerk Chicken, yes, they did ackee and saltfish and curry goat on occasions but not in any logical rotation, it was if you were lucky to get Jamaican food, why is this when we were in Jamaica?

Come-on chef where was the Hard Dough or Cocoa bread with the other breads on offer every day or the coconut drops or bun and cheese along with the other deserts, fried fish, Saturday soup and I could go on and on. I think the food was good but it should represent the country it is in more as I am sure that people would love it if they were offered it to try.

Also they should put up a snack hut on the beach offering simple foods like patties and burgers so on. when I stayed at Sandals in Ocho Rios it was nice to just go up to the hut and get something without needing to get a top on and walking to a restaurant to have a sit down meal each day. Note if you would like to book a la carte dining remember to bring a shirt and trousers, the a la carte was ok but could improve on service and food but it was nice to go and eat in a place that had a slower pace and a little more refined.

The entertainment

The biggest asset Iberostar Rose Hall Suites have is their staff, what lovely people and their entertainment staff will bring people back, Happy feet, OMG, VIP and all of the rest were outstanding! If they were in Europe or the US they would be stars! My wife also loved the daily yoga at the poolside that the fit entertainment staff put on.

I think the hotel could improve on the children’s entertainment and giving more focus on entertaining them more throughout the day and not just giving them 30 minutes of time at the end of the day and getting them on stage to perform for their parents and others. Other than the magic carpet poolside game that was on for the children the rest of the entertainment was more of an adult theme.

Kids club

The kids club and staff are lovely and they have a nice clubroom and pool area but no entertainment why? Activities yes but they need to get people like OMG, Happy feet, VIP just for the kids area and entertain them each day for a period of time. This will encourage the kids to use this area and make friends to play with on holiday. If you would like peace and quiet the kids pool area was the most peaceful place on the resorts, this should not be the case.

The Gym /Spa area

Nice and had a good rage of weights and machines although two out of tree of one set of machines were out of order for two weeks which is totally unsuitable, other than that it was nice.

Excursions

Although our First Choice advisor Jackee was lovely and informative, check all the prices with the other advisors as our US friends we made got the same trip we booked a lot cheaper though their rep.

Location

Nice location minutes from the airport but if you are getting a transfer included you will stop at a few hotels before you get there which took around 30 minutes, cost of taxis are high and you can get cheaper red plate local taxies for almost half the price if you haggle well.
At the end of the beach to the right of the Iberostar Rose Hall complex, you will find a little bit of real Jamaica. Past the menacing signs that you are no longer protected by the hotel you will find traders have set up an unofficial market selling tourist bits and pieces. They all want you to come to see their shop first and drive you to buy a little something from them. I like the haggling and buying things from these small traders that are just trying to scrape a living, it make me feel like I am seeing and giving a little direct to the real Jamaicans fighting for survival.

Tipping

I recommend looking up tipping on trip adviser I got lots of US one dollars bills and did discreetly give tips on the way and I noticed others giving tips but at no time did I feel like I needed to tip or the staff was expecting a tip. Other than the coach driver on the excursion that drove fast and did not give people time to sit down so he got a small tip from me.

All in all

All in all this is a good hotel we had a lovely stay and may come again briefly mainly to see the entertainment staff, but there is room for improvement for the money spent. I would recommend this place mainly for couples and young adults to stay no longer than a week then go onto Ocho or somewhere you can get out of the complex easily as they only put on buses to go to their own shopping area and it is costly to get a taxi an

Room Tip: Fourth floor (top floor) 4429 is at the end of the hall which was very quiet and had a good view of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for taking the time out to share with us and with the rest of the online community your generous review of your stay and for choosing to spend your special vacation with us.

It fills our hearts with pride to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and hotel grounds, our entertainment, spa, friendly staff and close proximity to the airport.

We are saddened; however, to learn that you were somewhat disappointed with the selection of Jamaican cuisine and also to know that your general feelings towards our complex is that it was not designed with families in mind. We would like to point out that both the management and staff are dedicated to create an ambiance which satisfies our guests’ requirements and the needs of their families.

In closing we would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and we hope that we will be given the privilege of hosting you at our hotel once more.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a 4 night stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for our one year aniversary trip. We were all excited by the reviews and were expecting a lot but didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling that others have posted. We have stayed at a number of resorts and different chains as well and this one is honestly the bottom of the list for us.

We arrived at about 1:30 which we knew was early for check in. So that wasn't a big deal. All of the guest service representatives working the front desk looked very confused and rushed, which was suprising because there were not that many guests checking in at the time. They asked us when we reached the counter if we got our complimentary drink upon arrival, and we said no and one was then ordered for us. We are still waiting on that drink!

After checking in, the representative told us to just put our bags outside and go grab something to eat or book our dinner reservations. Well, no directions were given to find the buffet-so we wandered around looking for it. After we ate, we went back upstairs to book our reservations-that was a nightmare......Every restaurant we wanted to book was reserved for weddings or had 9 or 9:30 dinner reservations. Honestly, who wants to eat that late especially when you're coming from a different time zone? My husband had to constantly go back to the "Concierge" desk to ask about reservations.

The room: Overall-a beautiful room. No view and heard the wedding music from our room which was sort of annoying. The room was probably the coldest we've ever experienced at a resort-so that's a major plus! The bathroom on the otherhand, smelled terrible. It was mildew coming from the shower. We did call about that and the next day it didn't smell so I guess they did something to fix it. The mattress was the most uncomfortable I've ever had at a resort and the pillows were terrible. It was like my head was on a smelly rock. If you stay here, bring your own pillows! We reqested more, but they were the same.

The beach and pool area: Beautiful pool looking out over the beach. The beach and ocean was a bit rocky but once you were beyond knee deep it was sand. My husband and I enjoyed snorkeling in the early evening once the beach had cleared out-we did get to see a lot of fish, some starfish, sea urchin and I was lucky enough to see to rays right in the swim area! That was really cool! The pool was beautiful and the bartenders were a bunch of nice guys-I recommend the "Now you see me now you don't drink!" I would recommend that there be more waitresses poolside or beachside during the day. The entire time we were on the beach or by the pool-I had one come by and ask me for a drink. Because of the lack of waitstaff, cups and straws collected around the pool edge and on the beach. It definitely detracted from the overall look.

The pool towel situation: Stupid. You have to have a plastic key to get a towel. Return the towel get a towel or the key back. If your towel happens toget stollen from your chair while you are in the pool (by someone who lost theirs) they won't give you a replacement. You have to walk up to the main lobby, file a report then get a new card. Totally stupid. The towels aren't that great anyways, so who'd want to steal them?

Food: I was expecting flavorful food and was sadly disappointed. We wen to the Cajun restaurant-I had the jambalaya-no flavor-tasted like tomato sauce with rice and chicken in it. The steak place had a good steak and my husband liked his chicken. The buffet breakfast served cold waffles and pancakes for breakfast that looks like they were sitting out for a while. The Banana Bread though was awesome! Wish I could have had a whole loaf for myself! The gormet restaurant had really good lamb chops-we recommend those! The buffet for lunch and dinner-again underwhelming. No flavor or variety. The 5 lunches we ate there, we only saw jerk chicken or jerk anything twice. We stayed at Secrets last year and fell in love with Jerk sauce so we were hoping to have that same experience that we had there.

Checking out--we were never instructed that we had to get a ticket from the front desk to check out. Normally, every place we stay at we leave all the keys in the room and leave. We were already on our bus to get to the airport and they came back to us wondering where our "checkout ticket" was. Total waste of time.

Overall, the nicest employees we met were your bartenders (both at the lobby and pool). They really know customer service and always remembered us when we came back--even the next day.

Room cleaning schedule--why do they have to come so late? 4pm is rediculous. Twice, my husband and I were taking a nap and were woken up by the cleaning lady. Now don't say we should have hung our "do not desturb" sign, but we didn't have one. The houseleeper made us sign a piece of paper stating that we didn't want service. Honestly, we did but not at 4pm! The room was basically empty from 7:30-4 daily except for the one afternoon that it rained!

If you are looking for over the top service and luxury, this isn't the place for you. For what we paid for our short trip, we should have gotten a lot more for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Let me begin by saying thank you on behalf of all the staff and the entire management for not only choosing to be valued guests of our resort, but also for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Having said that, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere regrets for where we may have fallen short of your expectations. We however assure you that this is not a true representation of our standards of operation or the typical experience of your guests but nonetheless apologize for any dissatisfaction experienced. We have made note of your comments and will certainly forward your concerns to the respective managers for their consideration.

We are nevertheless thankful to hear that you enjoyed our bars, pools and beach but on the other hand are saddened upon understanding that you were not that impressed with your stay with us.

We sincerely hope that we will once again have the opportunity to prove to you our dedication to customer service and satisfaction and wish you all the best in your future travel plans.

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My kids still speak of the staff there, they are warm and friendly, by the end of your stay they will know your names. The rooms are beautifully adorned and kept immaculate. Housekeeping is amazing they took the initiative and turned down the sofa bed for us when they noticed 4 (2 adults 2 kids) in a junior double suite. The food is great you will skip reserved restaurant spots just to eat at the buffet. The resort is clean you will never see an empty cup sit for long before it is collected. We are all ready planning a return trip, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: There really is no bad room(s) everything is easily located. We never heard any hall noise from gues...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review on Trip Advisor and also for mentioning how professional and thoughtful the housekeeping staff were. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food and that you adored our decor. It gives us boundless satisfaction to know that we fulfilled your expectations and we are indebted to you for sharing this review with other travelers here on Trip Advisor. We are certainly looking forward to hosting you and your family sometime in the near future.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked to stay about 5 days & had a very nice time. I had emailed the resort with questions about bringing a child & the resort managers TOFFEL & ANDREW responded immediately. They were thoughtful and really went the distance to ensure that you were set up to be happy, stayed happy & left relaxed. The Star Friends staff were super friendly, sweet and professional (talking to you CHINA & SWEETNESS). They made sure you were comfortable & had a good time. The food was solid. All the restaurant staffers were efficient & nice. I really enjoyed the SPA treatment with my girl MITZIE. You have to make reservations to have dinner at the ala carte restaurants and SIMONE at the rsvp desk is awesome. She went above and beyond to get us rsvps. We were totally relaxed and had a very very very nice stay at the Suites!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to state that we are truly grateful to you for your elaborate review of your recent stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for mentioning how efficient, professional and thoughtful both management and staff were throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the food and spa treatment you received. It gives us no end of satisfaction up hearing this and we are indebted to you for sharing this review with other travelers here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know you genuinely loved your stay here and we do hope you return sometime in the near future.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to attend a wedding and loved everything about the resort. Rooms were beautiful and food was fantastic in every restaurant. Great beach and lots of things to do. Staff were there to help out whenever we needed them.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

Please accept our sincere gratitude for your benign comments posted here on Trip Advisor about our luxurious hotel, beautiful rooms, attentive staff, fantastic food, and great beaches. We are truly appreciative of you taking the time out to share this with the rest of the online community and we do hope that we when planning your next vacation that Iberostar is foremost in your thoughts.

Thanks for making it Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!