“Not that impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Not that impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a 4 night stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for our one year aniversary trip. We were all excited by the reviews and were expecting a lot but didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling that others have posted. We have stayed at a number of resorts and different chains as well and this one is honestly the bottom of the list for us.

We arrived at about 1:30 which we knew was early for check in. So that wasn't a big deal. All of the guest service representatives working the front desk looked very confused and rushed, which was suprising because there were not that many guests checking in at the time. They asked us when we reached the counter if we got our complimentary drink upon arrival, and we said no and one was then ordered for us. We are still waiting on that drink!

After checking in, the representative told us to just put our bags outside and go grab something to eat or book our dinner reservations. Well, no directions were given to find the buffet-so we wandered around looking for it. After we ate, we went back upstairs to book our reservations-that was a nightmare......Every restaurant we wanted to book was reserved for weddings or had 9 or 9:30 dinner reservations. Honestly, who wants to eat that late especially when you're coming from a different time zone? My husband had to constantly go back to the "Concierge" desk to ask about reservations.

The room: Overall-a beautiful room. No view and heard the wedding music from our room which was sort of annoying. The room was probably the coldest we've ever experienced at a resort-so that's a major plus! The bathroom on the otherhand, smelled terrible. It was mildew coming from the shower. We did call about that and the next day it didn't smell so I guess they did something to fix it. The mattress was the most uncomfortable I've ever had at a resort and the pillows were terrible. It was like my head was on a smelly rock. If you stay here, bring your own pillows! We reqested more, but they were the same.

The beach and pool area: Beautiful pool looking out over the beach. The beach and ocean was a bit rocky but once you were beyond knee deep it was sand. My husband and I enjoyed snorkeling in the early evening once the beach had cleared out-we did get to see a lot of fish, some starfish, sea urchin and I was lucky enough to see to rays right in the swim area! That was really cool! The pool was beautiful and the bartenders were a bunch of nice guys-I recommend the "Now you see me now you don't drink!" I would recommend that there be more waitresses poolside or beachside during the day. The entire time we were on the beach or by the pool-I had one come by and ask me for a drink. Because of the lack of waitstaff, cups and straws collected around the pool edge and on the beach. It definitely detracted from the overall look.

The pool towel situation: Stupid. You have to have a plastic key to get a towel. Return the towel get a towel or the key back. If your towel happens toget stollen from your chair while you are in the pool (by someone who lost theirs) they won't give you a replacement. You have to walk up to the main lobby, file a report then get a new card. Totally stupid. The towels aren't that great anyways, so who'd want to steal them?

Food: I was expecting flavorful food and was sadly disappointed. We wen to the Cajun restaurant-I had the jambalaya-no flavor-tasted like tomato sauce with rice and chicken in it. The steak place had a good steak and my husband liked his chicken. The buffet breakfast served cold waffles and pancakes for breakfast that looks like they were sitting out for a while. The Banana Bread though was awesome! Wish I could have had a whole loaf for myself! The gormet restaurant had really good lamb chops-we recommend those! The buffet for lunch and dinner-again underwhelming. No flavor or variety. The 5 lunches we ate there, we only saw jerk chicken or jerk anything twice. We stayed at Secrets last year and fell in love with Jerk sauce so we were hoping to have that same experience that we had there.

Checking out--we were never instructed that we had to get a ticket from the front desk to check out. Normally, every place we stay at we leave all the keys in the room and leave. We were already on our bus to get to the airport and they came back to us wondering where our "checkout ticket" was. Total waste of time.

Overall, the nicest employees we met were your bartenders (both at the lobby and pool). They really know customer service and always remembered us when we came back--even the next day.

Room cleaning schedule--why do they have to come so late? 4pm is rediculous. Twice, my husband and I were taking a nap and were woken up by the cleaning lady. Now don't say we should have hung our "do not desturb" sign, but we didn't have one. The houseleeper made us sign a piece of paper stating that we didn't want service. Honestly, we did but not at 4pm! The room was basically empty from 7:30-4 daily except for the one afternoon that it rained!

If you are looking for over the top service and luxury, this isn't the place for you. For what we paid for our short trip, we should have gotten a lot more for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by saying thank you on behalf of all the staff and the entire management for not only choosing to be valued guests of our resort, but also for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Having said that, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere regrets for where we may have fallen short of your expectations. We however assure you that this is not a true representation of our standards of operation or the typical experience of your guests but nonetheless apologize for any dissatisfaction experienced. We have made note of your comments and will certainly forward your concerns to the respective managers for their consideration.

We are nevertheless thankful to hear that you enjoyed our bars, pools and beach but on the other hand are saddened upon understanding that you were not that impressed with your stay with us.

We sincerely hope that we will once again have the opportunity to prove to you our dedication to customer service and satisfaction and wish you all the best in your future travel plans.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My kids still speak of the staff there, they are warm and friendly, by the end of your stay they will know your names. The rooms are beautifully adorned and kept immaculate. Housekeeping is amazing they took the initiative and turned down the sofa bed for us when they noticed 4 (2 adults 2 kids) in a junior double suite. The food is great you will skip reserved restaurant spots just to eat at the buffet. The resort is clean you will never see an empty cup sit for long before it is collected. We are all ready planning a return trip, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: There really is no bad room(s) everything is easily located. We never heard any hall noise from gues...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review on Trip Advisor and also for mentioning how professional and thoughtful the housekeeping staff were. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food and that you adored our decor. It gives us boundless satisfaction to know that we fulfilled your expectations and we are indebted to you for sharing this review with other travelers here on Trip Advisor. We are certainly looking forward to hosting you and your family sometime in the near future.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked to stay about 5 days & had a very nice time. I had emailed the resort with questions about bringing a child & the resort managers TOFFEL & ANDREW responded immediately. They were thoughtful and really went the distance to ensure that you were set up to be happy, stayed happy & left relaxed. The Star Friends staff were super friendly, sweet and professional (talking to you CHINA & SWEETNESS). They made sure you were comfortable & had a good time. The food was solid. All the restaurant staffers were efficient & nice. I really enjoyed the SPA treatment with my girl MITZIE. You have to make reservations to have dinner at the ala carte restaurants and SIMONE at the rsvp desk is awesome. She went above and beyond to get us rsvps. We were totally relaxed and had a very very very nice stay at the Suites!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to state that we are truly grateful to you for your elaborate review of your recent stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for mentioning how efficient, professional and thoughtful both management and staff were throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the food and spa treatment you received. It gives us no end of satisfaction up hearing this and we are indebted to you for sharing this review with other travelers here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know you genuinely loved your stay here and we do hope you return sometime in the near future.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to attend a wedding and loved everything about the resort. Rooms were beautiful and food was fantastic in every restaurant. Great beach and lots of things to do. Staff were there to help out whenever we needed them.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

Please accept our sincere gratitude for your benign comments posted here on Trip Advisor about our luxurious hotel, beautiful rooms, attentive staff, fantastic food, and great beaches. We are truly appreciative of you taking the time out to share this with the rest of the online community and we do hope that we when planning your next vacation that Iberostar is foremost in your thoughts.

Thanks for making it Iberostar.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The entertainment group was amazing I loved them they were all very nice and a lot of fun! The late night activities were fun when they involved the customers the 70's show was a bit boring though. The staff was also great and trustworthy, I left my iPad and cell phone out and the maid cleaned and it was left alone.

The food was also fine the only issue is that when we arrived we tried to book the restaurants but they were all booked and we were only able to book 2 restaurants in the 6 days we were there. The waitstaff was good for the most part. They were amazing at the restaurants but some of the waitresses at the buffet would yes you and never bring your drinks.

The rooms were very clean and beautiful and the room service staff was amazing. The only problem was that the rooms were very hot and humid and the pillows felt moist and it was uncomfortable to sleep and the party that I was with felt the same.

Overall, an amazing vacation due to good food, friends and entertainment. Hotel just needed better air conditioning and reservation scheduling for restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to reserve restaurants before you go and ask for a cool oomph and check the moistness of the pil...
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites I would like to thank you for vacationing at our hotel and also for your kind remarks about our entertainment, activities, food and our friendly and trustworthy staff. We also greatly appreciate you posting your review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

We regret to hear that we fell short in certain areas throughout your stay, but we do hope that these isolated impediments did not completely tarnish your view of our hotel as this is not the typical experience of our valued clients.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and we do hope that we will once again be given the honor of hosting you at our resort.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our wedding was amazing, we had over 80 people stay at the resort and each and everyone had a wonderful time. The wedding coordinators Nicole and Tiffany are awesome. They made my day memorable and everything i dreamed of. Our guests told me they felt like they were treated like a king and queen. That was very comforting. During my stay I came across many of the workers there that were awesome one in particular was Jules who worked at the swim up bar he was always friendly and polite. He remembered my name and he made awesome drinks. I got the feeling that everyone there loved there job, We received a complimentary spa visit and we upgraded to the full hour and I was very happy with the massage I received, I have received many massages prior to this one and it was very good. My husband and I are already talking about going back. My family is very picky about resorts and I never got one negative comment about the resort or our wedding. We loved our room, all of the common areas were always clean, even though the resort was totally booked, you could not tell it was totally booked, you never felt like you were crowded which was nice. I cannot say enough about this resort. It made our special day even more special because all of our memories of our wedding day are positive.

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your destination wedding location. We would also like to thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to send us your comments on how your wedding and holiday went at our hotel.

It certainly motivates us to continue improving hearing from your comments that you have had a memorable experience with us and actually intend to return to our property, possibly for your anniversary. We will surely share with Nicole, Tiffany, and Jules they have helped towards making your holiday and wedding special.

We are quite confident that with your first visit being so enjoyable, you will again be staying at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in the future and as such we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely resort.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our family of four, two adults and two children aged 11 and 5 visited 8/25 - 8/31. I'll detail the positives first. The beach is gorgeous and well maintained with an adequate amount of lounge chairs. The hotel created an artificial reef only 150 - 200 feet from the shore that you can see many tropical fish in their natural habitat. We had a junior oceanfront suite and were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of it. The fridge was well stocked but we discovered that the tv was broken which was quickly changed after calling the front desk. We found the people at the resort probably some of the friendliest people we have ever met in our travels, especially Nadine from the Gourmet restaurant and Shane in the Steakhouse. Nadine even gave my daughter a bow for her hair! The quality of the food in the restaurants was very good as well as the service. They have two shows at night: the children's show at 8:30,which is good for the little ones,and the family show at 9:30. We found the family show even though we were told they were appropriate for all ages to be a bit too "adult" for our children, but that would be something each family would have to determine on their own.

As far as the negatives I would say that there are none that stand out. My suggestions to the management would be to have a bar on the beach so that the patrons on the beach don't have to walk up to the pool to get a drink or have more people taking orders on the beach. We didn't see someone taking drink orders on the beach until the third day of our visit. I also felt that the lobby looked dated to me and none of the water fountains inside and outside the lobby were working, they were all empty and created an eyesore.

In summary I would say that our visit was positive and with a little work this property would be a diamond. I would recommend this property to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for your honest review of our hotel and for highlighting the various aspects of your stay that enhanced your stay including our well maintained grounds, our beautiful beaches and pools, accommodations, food, entertainment and super friendly staff. We also greatly appreciate that you chose to recommend our resort to your friends and family.

Please note that we have made note of your concerns and suggestions and we wish to inform you that the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites are committed to delivering top class customer service to all our clients. Rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration, as this is not a true depiction of our standards.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for vacationing with us here at Iberostar and we are certain we will be hosting you again in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!