“great! The place to stay in Jamaica.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
York, Pennsylvania
“great! The place to stay in Jamaica.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My kids still speak of the staff there, they are warm and friendly, by the end of your stay they will know your names. The rooms are beautifully adorned and kept immaculate. Housekeeping is amazing they took the initiative and turned down the sofa bed for us when they noticed 4 (2 adults 2 kids) in a junior double suite. The food is great you will skip reserved restaurant spots just to eat at the buffet. The resort is clean you will never see an empty cup sit for long before it is collected. We are all ready planning a return trip, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: There really is no bad room(s) everything is easily located. We never heard any hall noise from gues...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review on Trip Advisor and also for mentioning how professional and thoughtful the housekeeping staff were. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food and that you adored our decor. It gives us boundless satisfaction to know that we fulfilled your expectations and we are indebted to you for sharing this review with other travelers here on Trip Advisor. We are certainly looking forward to hosting you and your family sometime in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked to stay about 5 days & had a very nice time. I had emailed the resort with questions about bringing a child & the resort managers TOFFEL & ANDREW responded immediately. They were thoughtful and really went the distance to ensure that you were set up to be happy, stayed happy & left relaxed. The Star Friends staff were super friendly, sweet and professional (talking to you CHINA & SWEETNESS). They made sure you were comfortable & had a good time. The food was solid. All the restaurant staffers were efficient & nice. I really enjoyed the SPA treatment with my girl MITZIE. You have to make reservations to have dinner at the ala carte restaurants and SIMONE at the rsvp desk is awesome. She went above and beyond to get us rsvps. We were totally relaxed and had a very very very nice stay at the Suites!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to state that we are truly grateful to you for your elaborate review of your recent stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for mentioning how efficient, professional and thoughtful both management and staff were throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the food and spa treatment you received. It gives us no end of satisfaction up hearing this and we are indebted to you for sharing this review with other travelers here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know you genuinely loved your stay here and we do hope you return sometime in the near future.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to attend a wedding and loved everything about the resort. Rooms were beautiful and food was fantastic in every restaurant. Great beach and lots of things to do. Staff were there to help out whenever we needed them.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

Please accept our sincere gratitude for your benign comments posted here on Trip Advisor about our luxurious hotel, beautiful rooms, attentive staff, fantastic food, and great beaches. We are truly appreciative of you taking the time out to share this with the rest of the online community and we do hope that we when planning your next vacation that Iberostar is foremost in your thoughts.

Thanks for making it Iberostar.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The entertainment group was amazing I loved them they were all very nice and a lot of fun! The late night activities were fun when they involved the customers the 70's show was a bit boring though. The staff was also great and trustworthy, I left my iPad and cell phone out and the maid cleaned and it was left alone.

The food was also fine the only issue is that when we arrived we tried to book the restaurants but they were all booked and we were only able to book 2 restaurants in the 6 days we were there. The waitstaff was good for the most part. They were amazing at the restaurants but some of the waitresses at the buffet would yes you and never bring your drinks.

The rooms were very clean and beautiful and the room service staff was amazing. The only problem was that the rooms were very hot and humid and the pillows felt moist and it was uncomfortable to sleep and the party that I was with felt the same.

Overall, an amazing vacation due to good food, friends and entertainment. Hotel just needed better air conditioning and reservation scheduling for restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to reserve restaurants before you go and ask for a cool oomph and check the moistness of the pil...
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites I would like to thank you for vacationing at our hotel and also for your kind remarks about our entertainment, activities, food and our friendly and trustworthy staff. We also greatly appreciate you posting your review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

We regret to hear that we fell short in certain areas throughout your stay, but we do hope that these isolated impediments did not completely tarnish your view of our hotel as this is not the typical experience of our valued clients.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and we do hope that we will once again be given the honor of hosting you at our resort.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our wedding was amazing, we had over 80 people stay at the resort and each and everyone had a wonderful time. The wedding coordinators Nicole and Tiffany are awesome. They made my day memorable and everything i dreamed of. Our guests told me they felt like they were treated like a king and queen. That was very comforting. During my stay I came across many of the workers there that were awesome one in particular was Jules who worked at the swim up bar he was always friendly and polite. He remembered my name and he made awesome drinks. I got the feeling that everyone there loved there job, We received a complimentary spa visit and we upgraded to the full hour and I was very happy with the massage I received, I have received many massages prior to this one and it was very good. My husband and I are already talking about going back. My family is very picky about resorts and I never got one negative comment about the resort or our wedding. We loved our room, all of the common areas were always clean, even though the resort was totally booked, you could not tell it was totally booked, you never felt like you were crowded which was nice. I cannot say enough about this resort. It made our special day even more special because all of our memories of our wedding day are positive.

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your destination wedding location. We would also like to thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to send us your comments on how your wedding and holiday went at our hotel.

It certainly motivates us to continue improving hearing from your comments that you have had a memorable experience with us and actually intend to return to our property, possibly for your anniversary. We will surely share with Nicole, Tiffany, and Jules they have helped towards making your holiday and wedding special.

We are quite confident that with your first visit being so enjoyable, you will again be staying at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in the future and as such we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely resort.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our family of four, two adults and two children aged 11 and 5 visited 8/25 - 8/31. I'll detail the positives first. The beach is gorgeous and well maintained with an adequate amount of lounge chairs. The hotel created an artificial reef only 150 - 200 feet from the shore that you can see many tropical fish in their natural habitat. We had a junior oceanfront suite and were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of it. The fridge was well stocked but we discovered that the tv was broken which was quickly changed after calling the front desk. We found the people at the resort probably some of the friendliest people we have ever met in our travels, especially Nadine from the Gourmet restaurant and Shane in the Steakhouse. Nadine even gave my daughter a bow for her hair! The quality of the food in the restaurants was very good as well as the service. They have two shows at night: the children's show at 8:30,which is good for the little ones,and the family show at 9:30. We found the family show even though we were told they were appropriate for all ages to be a bit too "adult" for our children, but that would be something each family would have to determine on their own.

As far as the negatives I would say that there are none that stand out. My suggestions to the management would be to have a bar on the beach so that the patrons on the beach don't have to walk up to the pool to get a drink or have more people taking orders on the beach. We didn't see someone taking drink orders on the beach until the third day of our visit. I also felt that the lobby looked dated to me and none of the water fountains inside and outside the lobby were working, they were all empty and created an eyesore.

In summary I would say that our visit was positive and with a little work this property would be a diamond. I would recommend this property to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for your honest review of our hotel and for highlighting the various aspects of your stay that enhanced your stay including our well maintained grounds, our beautiful beaches and pools, accommodations, food, entertainment and super friendly staff. We also greatly appreciate that you chose to recommend our resort to your friends and family.

Please note that we have made note of your concerns and suggestions and we wish to inform you that the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites are committed to delivering top class customer service to all our clients. Rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration, as this is not a true depiction of our standards.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for vacationing with us here at Iberostar and we are certain we will be hosting you again in the near future.

Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to this hotel because of a wedding in my family, so most of my family members who don't live in Jamaica decided to stay in the suites hotel.

Resort: the resort is extremely clean, the beach is well maintained and the pools are lovely.

Staff: The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, very easy to talk to but still professional.

Room: most of the rooms all had the same design scheme and layout, ( i would forget i wasn't in my room) but each room is extremely clean and spacious with a lovely balcony.

Food: The food was satisfactory, but being a jamaican i found the food to be the bare minimum of actual jamaican cuisine. When there were the options of jamaican foods, they were very bland. I assumed this is for patrons with dietary restrictions. While i was at dinner one night i mentioned to my companion that i would like some fish and the chef was kind enough to make us some and brought it to our table! (As i said, great staff) Also drinks were great if you go try their signature dirty banana its delicious!

So by now you're probably wondering why i gave this hotel 2/5 when I have no complaints about the aforementioned. The hotel was lovely but my overall experience had me leaving this hotel in a very negative mood. If you missed good old fashioned classism then this resort is for you. There are actually 3 hotels, the Grande, Suites, and Beach. The Grande guests are treated like first class and get free roam of the entire resort, while Suites guests are treated like second class, they are not allowed to go to the Grande side (beach/bar/pool), but can go to the Beach hotel. Also Suites guests cant access wifi from they're rooms that "luxury" is only reserved for Grande guests. This angered me because I think if I pay $330 USD a night i shouldn't need to go to the lobby every time I need to use the internet.

Also If you have relatives or friends that live in Jamaica, I would suggest you don't use their venue for your celebrations. After the wedding my local family members went to another cheaper hotel to spend the night, but because of car troubles they could't leave Montego Bay right away the next Day and returned to the our hotel to wait for their ride. When I sorted out how they could get home and they left the hotel The security held them up and treated them like criminals insisting that they stayed in Iberostar without paying! Even after being shown the receipt of the hotel they stayed at after the wedding, they kept them on lockdown for hours and wouldn't let them leave until I came to the front desk. At this point they asked me to pay $100 USD in order for my family members to leave the resort.

My overall experience was not pleasant with this hotel so I doubt i will recommend to friends who want to use the venue for celebrations. I didn't come to a nice hotel to be treated like scum.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you for not only choosing to be esteemed guests at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Resort, but for also selecting our resort for your wedding. Thank you for taking the time as well to post your comments about your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

It certainly gives us a feeling of satisfaction upon hearing that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our resort, our friendly staff, and spacious rooms and we certainly appreciated you making special reference to these aspects.

Having said that, I would like to point out that regardless of which hotel our valued guests are vacationing at, whether it is the Iberostar Beach, Suites or Grand Resort, they are all treated with the same level of outstanding customer service and professionalism. Here at Iberostar Rosehall Resorts we have three different properties, with different service, amenities and add-ons. Our guests of the Grand have exclusive use of their resort as well as our other two properties; guests of the Suites can use their property as well as the Beach Resort and guests of the Beach property have limited access to only that resort.

We would also like to inform you that the Wi-Fi service in the rooms at the Grand Resort was a recent installation and we are now in the process of installation at all remaining properties. However, if you have a laptop, a complimentary internet cable is provided at our concierge desk at the Suites which would give you internet access in your room at no extra cost.

We do however regret hearing of the incident with your family members being held up due to a misunderstanding with payment and stays and moreover are truly disheartened to hear that you will not recommend our hotel to others.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation with us. We hope that your perception of Iberostar hotels and Resorts was not totally tarnished due to this isolated circumstance. We sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!