“Beautiful resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
London, Canada
“Beautiful resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to attend a wedding and loved everything about the resort. Rooms were beautiful and food was fantastic in every restaurant. Great beach and lots of things to do. Staff were there to help out whenever we needed them.

• Stayed December 2012
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Please accept our sincere gratitude for your benign comments posted here on Trip Advisor about our luxurious hotel, beautiful rooms, attentive staff, fantastic food, and great beaches. We are truly appreciative of you taking the time out to share this with the rest of the online community and we do hope that we when planning your next vacation that Iberostar is foremost in your thoughts.

Thanks for making it Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The entertainment group was amazing I loved them they were all very nice and a lot of fun! The late night activities were fun when they involved the customers the 70's show was a bit boring though. The staff was also great and trustworthy, I left my iPad and cell phone out and the maid cleaned and it was left alone.

The food was also fine the only issue is that when we arrived we tried to book the restaurants but they were all booked and we were only able to book 2 restaurants in the 6 days we were there. The waitstaff was good for the most part. They were amazing at the restaurants but some of the waitresses at the buffet would yes you and never bring your drinks.

The rooms were very clean and beautiful and the room service staff was amazing. The only problem was that the rooms were very hot and humid and the pillows felt moist and it was uncomfortable to sleep and the party that I was with felt the same.

Overall, an amazing vacation due to good food, friends and entertainment. Hotel just needed better air conditioning and reservation scheduling for restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to reserve restaurants before you go and ask for a cool oomph and check the moistness of the pil...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites I would like to thank you for vacationing at our hotel and also for your kind remarks about our entertainment, activities, food and our friendly and trustworthy staff. We also greatly appreciate you posting your review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

We regret to hear that we fell short in certain areas throughout your stay, but we do hope that these isolated impediments did not completely tarnish your view of our hotel as this is not the typical experience of our valued clients.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and we do hope that we will once again be given the honor of hosting you at our resort.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our wedding was amazing, we had over 80 people stay at the resort and each and everyone had a wonderful time. The wedding coordinators Nicole and Tiffany are awesome. They made my day memorable and everything i dreamed of. Our guests told me they felt like they were treated like a king and queen. That was very comforting. During my stay I came across many of the workers there that were awesome one in particular was Jules who worked at the swim up bar he was always friendly and polite. He remembered my name and he made awesome drinks. I got the feeling that everyone there loved there job, We received a complimentary spa visit and we upgraded to the full hour and I was very happy with the massage I received, I have received many massages prior to this one and it was very good. My husband and I are already talking about going back. My family is very picky about resorts and I never got one negative comment about the resort or our wedding. We loved our room, all of the common areas were always clean, even though the resort was totally booked, you could not tell it was totally booked, you never felt like you were crowded which was nice. I cannot say enough about this resort. It made our special day even more special because all of our memories of our wedding day are positive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your destination wedding location. We would also like to thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to send us your comments on how your wedding and holiday went at our hotel.

It certainly motivates us to continue improving hearing from your comments that you have had a memorable experience with us and actually intend to return to our property, possibly for your anniversary. We will surely share with Nicole, Tiffany, and Jules they have helped towards making your holiday and wedding special.

We are quite confident that with your first visit being so enjoyable, you will again be staying at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in the future and as such we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely resort.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our family of four, two adults and two children aged 11 and 5 visited 8/25 - 8/31. I'll detail the positives first. The beach is gorgeous and well maintained with an adequate amount of lounge chairs. The hotel created an artificial reef only 150 - 200 feet from the shore that you can see many tropical fish in their natural habitat. We had a junior oceanfront suite and were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of it. The fridge was well stocked but we discovered that the tv was broken which was quickly changed after calling the front desk. We found the people at the resort probably some of the friendliest people we have ever met in our travels, especially Nadine from the Gourmet restaurant and Shane in the Steakhouse. Nadine even gave my daughter a bow for her hair! The quality of the food in the restaurants was very good as well as the service. They have two shows at night: the children's show at 8:30,which is good for the little ones,and the family show at 9:30. We found the family show even though we were told they were appropriate for all ages to be a bit too "adult" for our children, but that would be something each family would have to determine on their own.

As far as the negatives I would say that there are none that stand out. My suggestions to the management would be to have a bar on the beach so that the patrons on the beach don't have to walk up to the pool to get a drink or have more people taking orders on the beach. We didn't see someone taking drink orders on the beach until the third day of our visit. I also felt that the lobby looked dated to me and none of the water fountains inside and outside the lobby were working, they were all empty and created an eyesore.

In summary I would say that our visit was positive and with a little work this property would be a diamond. I would recommend this property to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for your honest review of our hotel and for highlighting the various aspects of your stay that enhanced your stay including our well maintained grounds, our beautiful beaches and pools, accommodations, food, entertainment and super friendly staff. We also greatly appreciate that you chose to recommend our resort to your friends and family.

Please note that we have made note of your concerns and suggestions and we wish to inform you that the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites are committed to delivering top class customer service to all our clients. Rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration, as this is not a true depiction of our standards.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for vacationing with us here at Iberostar and we are certain we will be hosting you again in the near future.

Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to this hotel because of a wedding in my family, so most of my family members who don't live in Jamaica decided to stay in the suites hotel.

Resort: the resort is extremely clean, the beach is well maintained and the pools are lovely.

Staff: The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, very easy to talk to but still professional.

Room: most of the rooms all had the same design scheme and layout, ( i would forget i wasn't in my room) but each room is extremely clean and spacious with a lovely balcony.

Food: The food was satisfactory, but being a jamaican i found the food to be the bare minimum of actual jamaican cuisine. When there were the options of jamaican foods, they were very bland. I assumed this is for patrons with dietary restrictions. While i was at dinner one night i mentioned to my companion that i would like some fish and the chef was kind enough to make us some and brought it to our table! (As i said, great staff) Also drinks were great if you go try their signature dirty banana its delicious!

So by now you're probably wondering why i gave this hotel 2/5 when I have no complaints about the aforementioned. The hotel was lovely but my overall experience had me leaving this hotel in a very negative mood. If you missed good old fashioned classism then this resort is for you. There are actually 3 hotels, the Grande, Suites, and Beach. The Grande guests are treated like first class and get free roam of the entire resort, while Suites guests are treated like second class, they are not allowed to go to the Grande side (beach/bar/pool), but can go to the Beach hotel. Also Suites guests cant access wifi from they're rooms that "luxury" is only reserved for Grande guests. This angered me because I think if I pay $330 USD a night i shouldn't need to go to the lobby every time I need to use the internet.

Also If you have relatives or friends that live in Jamaica, I would suggest you don't use their venue for your celebrations. After the wedding my local family members went to another cheaper hotel to spend the night, but because of car troubles they could't leave Montego Bay right away the next Day and returned to the our hotel to wait for their ride. When I sorted out how they could get home and they left the hotel The security held them up and treated them like criminals insisting that they stayed in Iberostar without paying! Even after being shown the receipt of the hotel they stayed at after the wedding, they kept them on lockdown for hours and wouldn't let them leave until I came to the front desk. At this point they asked me to pay $100 USD in order for my family members to leave the resort.

My overall experience was not pleasant with this hotel so I doubt i will recommend to friends who want to use the venue for celebrations. I didn't come to a nice hotel to be treated like scum.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you for not only choosing to be esteemed guests at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Resort, but for also selecting our resort for your wedding. Thank you for taking the time as well to post your comments about your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

It certainly gives us a feeling of satisfaction upon hearing that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our resort, our friendly staff, and spacious rooms and we certainly appreciated you making special reference to these aspects.

Having said that, I would like to point out that regardless of which hotel our valued guests are vacationing at, whether it is the Iberostar Beach, Suites or Grand Resort, they are all treated with the same level of outstanding customer service and professionalism. Here at Iberostar Rosehall Resorts we have three different properties, with different service, amenities and add-ons. Our guests of the Grand have exclusive use of their resort as well as our other two properties; guests of the Suites can use their property as well as the Beach Resort and guests of the Beach property have limited access to only that resort.

We would also like to inform you that the Wi-Fi service in the rooms at the Grand Resort was a recent installation and we are now in the process of installation at all remaining properties. However, if you have a laptop, a complimentary internet cable is provided at our concierge desk at the Suites which would give you internet access in your room at no extra cost.

We do however regret hearing of the incident with your family members being held up due to a misunderstanding with payment and stays and moreover are truly disheartened to hear that you will not recommend our hotel to others.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation with us. We hope that your perception of Iberostar hotels and Resorts was not totally tarnished due to this isolated circumstance. We sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

You have to feel like your on vacation. I must say my wife and I felt like a super star couple at this resort. Somehow the staff found a.way to treat you as if you were royalty and family all at the same time. You have to stop in and see Simone at guest services. This young lady goes above and beyond everyday. Not only did she make all of our spec request happen instantly she personally assured she was there to see ua off as well as a few othee camilies leavi g that day. The beach is amazing make sure to ask for miss Holland in the shack when you get your snorkel and fins. So vwry impressed from the front door to the beach a 5 star experience! And I didnt evem memtion the food! World classss cuisine.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow us to thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel and also for having chosen to spend your holidays with us here at Iberostar. We are greatful as well for you sharing your valuable feedback with the online community here on Trip Advisor.

We are elated to know that you had a spectacular vacation and that you were overly satisfied with our tremendous staff, our beaches and world class food. We will be sure to congratulate Simone for having contributed to making your vacation a most pleasant one, and on a job well done.

We are confident that you will return to Iberostar and we anxiously await your next visit to our hotel.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this resort the last week if August and had a great time. The staff were all courteous, friendly and helpful. The food was awesome and plentiful. The rooms were clean and the property was constantly being maintained. The fitness room is surprisingly well equipped and the spas were incredible. We took a trip to the Secret Falls and had a blast!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to extend to you our gratitude for choosing to vacation at our hotel.

We greatly appreciate your kind remarks about our courteous and friendly staff, the cleanliness of our rooms and overall property as well as our well-equipped fitness center and spa. It is also truly satisfying to know that you participated in an excursion and that you enjoyed the experience.

In closing I would like to thank you once more for giving us the privilege of hosting you at our hotel and we sincerely look forward to your next visit to Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!