“Diamond in the rough” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Brooklyn, New York
“Diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our family of four, two adults and two children aged 11 and 5 visited 8/25 - 8/31. I'll detail the positives first. The beach is gorgeous and well maintained with an adequate amount of lounge chairs. The hotel created an artificial reef only 150 - 200 feet from the shore that you can see many tropical fish in their natural habitat. We had a junior oceanfront suite and were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of it. The fridge was well stocked but we discovered that the tv was broken which was quickly changed after calling the front desk. We found the people at the resort probably some of the friendliest people we have ever met in our travels, especially Nadine from the Gourmet restaurant and Shane in the Steakhouse. Nadine even gave my daughter a bow for her hair! The quality of the food in the restaurants was very good as well as the service. They have two shows at night: the children's show at 8:30,which is good for the little ones,and the family show at 9:30. We found the family show even though we were told they were appropriate for all ages to be a bit too "adult" for our children, but that would be something each family would have to determine on their own.

As far as the negatives I would say that there are none that stand out. My suggestions to the management would be to have a bar on the beach so that the patrons on the beach don't have to walk up to the pool to get a drink or have more people taking orders on the beach. We didn't see someone taking drink orders on the beach until the third day of our visit. I also felt that the lobby looked dated to me and none of the water fountains inside and outside the lobby were working, they were all empty and created an eyesore.

In summary I would say that our visit was positive and with a little work this property would be a diamond. I would recommend this property to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for your honest review of our hotel and for highlighting the various aspects of your stay that enhanced your stay including our well maintained grounds, our beautiful beaches and pools, accommodations, food, entertainment and super friendly staff. We also greatly appreciate that you chose to recommend our resort to your friends and family.

Please note that we have made note of your concerns and suggestions and we wish to inform you that the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites are committed to delivering top class customer service to all our clients. Rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration, as this is not a true depiction of our standards.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for vacationing with us here at Iberostar and we are certain we will be hosting you again in the near future.

2,538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to this hotel because of a wedding in my family, so most of my family members who don't live in Jamaica decided to stay in the suites hotel.

Resort: the resort is extremely clean, the beach is well maintained and the pools are lovely.

Staff: The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, very easy to talk to but still professional.

Room: most of the rooms all had the same design scheme and layout, ( i would forget i wasn't in my room) but each room is extremely clean and spacious with a lovely balcony.

Food: The food was satisfactory, but being a jamaican i found the food to be the bare minimum of actual jamaican cuisine. When there were the options of jamaican foods, they were very bland. I assumed this is for patrons with dietary restrictions. While i was at dinner one night i mentioned to my companion that i would like some fish and the chef was kind enough to make us some and brought it to our table! (As i said, great staff) Also drinks were great if you go try their signature dirty banana its delicious!

So by now you're probably wondering why i gave this hotel 2/5 when I have no complaints about the aforementioned. The hotel was lovely but my overall experience had me leaving this hotel in a very negative mood. If you missed good old fashioned classism then this resort is for you. There are actually 3 hotels, the Grande, Suites, and Beach. The Grande guests are treated like first class and get free roam of the entire resort, while Suites guests are treated like second class, they are not allowed to go to the Grande side (beach/bar/pool), but can go to the Beach hotel. Also Suites guests cant access wifi from they're rooms that "luxury" is only reserved for Grande guests. This angered me because I think if I pay $330 USD a night i shouldn't need to go to the lobby every time I need to use the internet.

Also If you have relatives or friends that live in Jamaica, I would suggest you don't use their venue for your celebrations. After the wedding my local family members went to another cheaper hotel to spend the night, but because of car troubles they could't leave Montego Bay right away the next Day and returned to the our hotel to wait for their ride. When I sorted out how they could get home and they left the hotel The security held them up and treated them like criminals insisting that they stayed in Iberostar without paying! Even after being shown the receipt of the hotel they stayed at after the wedding, they kept them on lockdown for hours and wouldn't let them leave until I came to the front desk. At this point they asked me to pay $100 USD in order for my family members to leave the resort.

My overall experience was not pleasant with this hotel so I doubt i will recommend to friends who want to use the venue for celebrations. I didn't come to a nice hotel to be treated like scum.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you for not only choosing to be esteemed guests at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Resort, but for also selecting our resort for your wedding. Thank you for taking the time as well to post your comments about your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

It certainly gives us a feeling of satisfaction upon hearing that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our resort, our friendly staff, and spacious rooms and we certainly appreciated you making special reference to these aspects.

Having said that, I would like to point out that regardless of which hotel our valued guests are vacationing at, whether it is the Iberostar Beach, Suites or Grand Resort, they are all treated with the same level of outstanding customer service and professionalism. Here at Iberostar Rosehall Resorts we have three different properties, with different service, amenities and add-ons. Our guests of the Grand have exclusive use of their resort as well as our other two properties; guests of the Suites can use their property as well as the Beach Resort and guests of the Beach property have limited access to only that resort.

We would also like to inform you that the Wi-Fi service in the rooms at the Grand Resort was a recent installation and we are now in the process of installation at all remaining properties. However, if you have a laptop, a complimentary internet cable is provided at our concierge desk at the Suites which would give you internet access in your room at no extra cost.

We do however regret hearing of the incident with your family members being held up due to a misunderstanding with payment and stays and moreover are truly disheartened to hear that you will not recommend our hotel to others.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation with us. We hope that your perception of Iberostar hotels and Resorts was not totally tarnished due to this isolated circumstance. We sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

You have to feel like your on vacation. I must say my wife and I felt like a super star couple at this resort. Somehow the staff found a.way to treat you as if you were royalty and family all at the same time. You have to stop in and see Simone at guest services. This young lady goes above and beyond everyday. Not only did she make all of our spec request happen instantly she personally assured she was there to see ua off as well as a few othee camilies leavi g that day. The beach is amazing make sure to ask for miss Holland in the shack when you get your snorkel and fins. So vwry impressed from the front door to the beach a 5 star experience! And I didnt evem memtion the food! World classss cuisine.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow us to thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel and also for having chosen to spend your holidays with us here at Iberostar. We are greatful as well for you sharing your valuable feedback with the online community here on Trip Advisor.

We are elated to know that you had a spectacular vacation and that you were overly satisfied with our tremendous staff, our beaches and world class food. We will be sure to congratulate Simone for having contributed to making your vacation a most pleasant one, and on a job well done.

We are confident that you will return to Iberostar and we anxiously await your next visit to our hotel.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this resort the last week if August and had a great time. The staff were all courteous, friendly and helpful. The food was awesome and plentiful. The rooms were clean and the property was constantly being maintained. The fitness room is surprisingly well equipped and the spas were incredible. We took a trip to the Secret Falls and had a blast!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to extend to you our gratitude for choosing to vacation at our hotel.

We greatly appreciate your kind remarks about our courteous and friendly staff, the cleanliness of our rooms and overall property as well as our well-equipped fitness center and spa. It is also truly satisfying to know that you participated in an excursion and that you enjoyed the experience.

In closing I would like to thank you once more for giving us the privilege of hosting you at our hotel and we sincerely look forward to your next visit to Iberostar.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The property is clean and typical Iberostar all-inclusive - good people, good food and good service. The Suites in this property were average. Not sure if it is truly a better value than Iberostar Beach resort, specifically for families. Call Donovan for all your taxi/car needs. We had him and he is the best. Much more reasonable than the published taxi rates at the property. You can text or call him. He also works for Jula Tours. Ask for him

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow me to extend to you our deepest appreciations for choosing to be valued guests of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Resort. It was a sincere pleasure to have been your hosts while on vacation in Jamaica. In addition, we would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travellers.

It is extremely gratifying hearing that you were pleased with our food, service and staff and hope that you will continue to make Iberostar Rose Hall Suites your destination of choice when planning your future vacations. Once more, thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

saint john
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went here for our honeymoon....food was best i have had.....been to cuba and dominican and jamaica was by far the best food. Nver had a problem finding lots to eat. The property was excellent. Always people working on it.......painting gardening even moping the outdoor tiles. They keep this place prestine. Staff were excellent always checking in to see how everything was going. Would love to go back to this place again. There was a bit of a musty smell in the hallways but your in paradise......hit the pool and get a drink

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for not only choosing to stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your honeymoon, but also for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for Tripadvisor about your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

We are truly honoured to have contributed to making your holiday and honeymoon enjoyable and very much appreciated your kind compliments about our food, cleanliness and especially our staff. We are certainly aware that it is through the efforts of our staff that we are able to achieve our goal of complete guest satisfaction and we are glad to hear that you were pleased with the services they provided during your stay.

We again thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again in the future.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went to this hotel last week and the service wasn't as good as I expected. The lady at the front desk told that we had to leave the hotel by six pm and we really wanted to see the entertainment. Our room keys were not working and we had to take a long walk from our room to the front desk not once, not twice but three times. No one was in their place; the life guards were no where to be found, the restaurant reservation personnel was rarely at her desk and to top it off, the lady at the front desk when we were checking out wasn't very friendly. I don't think I will be going back there. The food was the only good thing about the hotel. The hotel staff in general were not happy. Seems they are not being treated well by management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf the Management and all the staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to send our warmest appreciations for you choosing to be guests here. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback in regards to your experience with us as it is through communications of this nature, that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, in order to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our hotel.

The Management and Staff at Iberostar Resorts are committed to providing an ambience, services and facilities which satisfies our guests’ requirements and we sincerely regret if the circumstances mentioned affected your vacation experience and/or your perception of our hotel. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which you may have encountered due to such. I would however like to point out that guests who are checking out have access to the property until 6 PM on that day. Thereafter, they would be required to purchase a night pass in order to have further access to the facilities, rooms and services.

Thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation with us; we sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!