“Great Family and Wedding Destination Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Weston, Connecticut
“Great Family and Wedding Destination Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had such a wonderful time in Montego Bay for a wedding. It was my first vacation in Jamaica. The staff and the hotel was so beautiful. The food was great. The weather for August was warm but with a nice cool breeze. I highly recommend the place for couples or families.

Room Tip: Book a high floor with a oceanfront room. The view was breath taking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow us to express our gratitude to you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for posting your review of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to know that you had a great time seeing that this is your first time in Jamaica and also that you found our hotel to be beautiful. Thank you for your humbling referral and kind words

In closing we would like to once again thank you for making it Iberostar and we do hope that we will be given the privilege of hosting you at our hotel once more.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
Ft. Washington, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rose Hall Suites with my sister and nephew. This was my third time returning to the Suites because of its wonderful ambiance and customer service. We arrived on August 13th after a turbulent flight leaving from Philadelphia. Once we landed, we took a tour bus through Jamaica Tours to get to the resort. Upon arrival, we were greeted with two delicious “Dirty Banana” drinks and a fruit punch for my nephew. Orlando at the front desk had superb customer service and was very aware of my nephew’s severe peanut allergy as well as asthma. He immediately directed us to Andrew from management who thoroughly went through the protocols of the restaurants to ensure us of my nephew’s health safety. He was extremely professional and booked all of our restaurants for us. After leaving his office, we were pleasantly surprised when Orlando handed us our room keys and towel cards for the beach. Check-in begins at 3 pm and it was only 12:45. Our room was in fact ready! The bellhop escorted us to our rooms. We were on the top floor with a great view of the ocean as well as the pools. The rooms had high ceilings which made our room seem much larger. (3427) We basically had an oceanfront room. I would definitely suggest a room on the top floor so you can get a view of all the action from the pool area as well as the pristine ocean. Waiting for us in our rooms we had a large bottle of Appleton Rum and a platter of fruit! They also gave us Iberostar T-shirts.This gesture of gratitude towards us as being returning guest was truly appreciated.

Mainly during lunch we ate at Aunt Ruby’s steak house. We really like how it’s close to the beach and has an outdoor eating area. We had delicious jerk chicken with beans and rice. We found the food to be extremely delicious and amazing! The cooks in the restaurants were also aware of my nephew’s allergies. On Mondays and Thursdays they also have a beach barbeque on the beach around 12:30 which is not to be missed!

We spent most of our days on the beach. Beach chairs were not too hard to find considering the time of the year. The beach was a decent size. It was a bit rocky getting into the ocean, but once we got all the way in we found the water to be pleasant. We saw schools of fish and found an underwater camera to be truly beneficial. The pools were also refreshing as well. The pool cleaners do an amazing job of keeping the pools clean as well.

We found the guest of the hotel to be extremely friendly and pleasant to be around. We even met a few new friends from New York. There were several wedding parties and I noticed how the hotel did an amazing job to cater to all groups and organizing events.

During the evenings we sometimes ate at the main buffet in the main hotel. I found that they had many choices that catered to all sorts of dietary needs. There was a gentleman by the name of Desmond who was also extremely helpful with my nephew’s allergies. He was helpful to us last year and went out of his way to greet us this year. He remembered our family from before and is such a class act. He shows tremendous customer service.

For the specialty restaurants I would highly recommend the Gourmet restaurant and the Mediterranean. We had a waiter from the Gourmet restaurant who seem to do it all. I swear he was the only waiter working in the restaurant. I feel badly that I can’t remember his name, but he checked on all the guest and made sure that the food was satisfactory.

I found the entertainment at night catered to all ages. Around 8:15 pm, they have a wonderful show for kids. I really think that it’s mainly for kids ages 3-10. They really get the kids involved and encouraged them to get on stage! Around 9:15pm they have a show that’s more geared towards teenagers and mostly adults. And I can’t forget about the disco which opens up around 11pm. The music is really good and it truly resembles a club from the states.

What truly makes this resort are the Star Friends. On a nightly basis they entertain guests from the morning until late at night. I don’t know how they do it! VIP and Sting Ray really stand out to me the most! They work extremely well with the kids and they are always extremely professional towards their guests.

We will definitely come back next year because of wonderful hospitality and how friendly the people of Jamaica are! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor and close to the beach and the pools. 3427
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. We are indeed grateful that you chose to spend your holidays with us once again and for bringing your sister and nephew to share with them the experience here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

It gives us a feeling of satisfaction and pride to know that you were thoroughly pleased with the service you received once again and the attention to detail and professionalism shown when handling your requests.

We are delighted to know that you were appeased by our gesture of appreciation in the form of amenities and T-Shirts, we also grateful to you for highlighting our luxurious rooms, the delicious array of foods at our various restaurants, beaches, entertainment, activities and our courteous, friendly and attentive staff. We are pleased to have all the team members here with us and we will certainly forward your comments about Orlando, Andrew and Desmond to their managers for their commendations. For all the departments you mentioned we will also let them know that as a team we were able to have another guest enjoy their vacation

It has been our pleasure hosting you and your family here at Iberostar and with your recommendation and assertion that you will be back next year, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back here. Thanks again for making it Iberostar.

Boonton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Apologies for delay in reviewing this. Stayed here with family for 6 nights, amazing resort!! From rooms, to views, to beaches, to activities, to restaurants, to hospitality, to pools, to wet bars, to awesome bob marleys (cocktail), everything was top notch! Our family had the most fun vacation in the recent times, my 5 year old daughter still talks about it. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Go for sea facing rooms (on the beach)...worth extra bucks!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It has truly been a pleasure hosting you and your family at our hotel the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your comments here on Trip Advisor.

We would also like to let you know that we are elated to hear that you had such an amazing vacation and that you enjoyed the activities, beaches, restaurants, pools, bars and the Jamaican hospitality you received while here with us.

We look forward to seeing you and your daughter in the near future and we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your special holiday.

Ringoes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was our first time traveling to jamaica. We went with a group of 20. We had 2 rooms for our family, they were nice with ocean views and patio's with 2 chairs each. Room's 3442-3443. Lot's of closet space and another door to bathroom area. The fridge was stocked with soda 3 water's and 3 beers(only re-stocked every other day)Maid service was ok. Bottled water was hard to get. When we asked the front desk every day for a bottle of water they always seemed to be "out of water"-usually the hotels we stay at would leave water at turn down service. All the bars just provided cups of water to bring to the beach or pool. Bathrooms were a nice size with a very nice walk in shower. Hallways in the hotel were always very warm-felt like they didn't have the air on.
The resort is pretty and beach was clean.We had lounges and shade at the beach and used the kayaks and beach volley ball. Beach service only provided drinks no food.One of the days they had a barbeque on the beach and the food was pretty good. The pool area is geared towards the "drinking crowd". Music/activities and employees try to involve everyone but not a place for kids.(under age kids) People leaving drinks/cups all over the place-some people getting pretty loud and drinking too much.The towel hut employees at the pool were very unfriendly and you have to make sure you keep your towel cards or you are charged at the end of your stay.Food- We did make reservations for dinner at night-being such a large group. Most of the restaurants require men 12 and over to wear pants-this was uncomfortable at the steak place which was not airconditioned. The service a few nights was very good and we had an outstanding server-Godfrey for 2 nights (mexican and mediterranean)Samantha was another server who was exceptionally nice. She allowed me to order dinner for my son one night who wasn't feeling well and was back in the room and sent it up as room service. Unfortunately it was delivered without utensils so he wasn't able to eat it. ROOM service overall was TERRIBLE-very limited menu and it took at LEAST 45 minutes /an hour to arrive every time.You have to be very specific about asking for catchup with fries/utensils and most of the time the food arrived cold.They also do not offer anything for breakfast room service. Food at the resort overall was just ok-breakfast was the best meal with made to order omletes and assorted juices, great jamaican coffee. They also did not have "to-go" coffee cups in the am-just plastic cups. House wine was included at dinner/lunch but to get a better wine you had to pay extra. The buffet's looked good early in the day/evening but would run out of food and look picked over.
We would rather pay for better food and good wine than an all-inclusive. The teenagers had a great time 18+ but the younger kids 12-13 didn't have much to do.
The show at night was entertaining. Spa looked nice. Overall it was ok but wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Ocean View was really nice-no need to upgrade to ocean front.
Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express our appreciations to you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your vacation destination. We also would like to thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers here on Trip Advisor.

While we are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our spacious rooms, the cleanliness of our beaches, delicious food, entertainment and outstanding staff, we are saddened to understand that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay here with us. Upon reading your invaluable review we have made notes of your comments and they will be passed on to the respective heads of department for their attention.

It is hoped that this will not tarnish your overall view of our hotel and that you will give us another chance to prove to you our dedication to customer satisfaction. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent, will return to this Iberostar.
We stayed from Aug/3-Aug/17, spend 2 weeks , and we were a family of 5. We have 3 teenagers ages 15,17,18. The service was excellent, the value for the trip was well worth it. The Staff that entertained us was wonderfull , and so was the staff that served us. The rooms were very clean and large size for the "Suites Section". The food was excellent , The SteakHouse, The Japanese the Buffet was all great. The pool at the Suites , was the best pool that I have been in. You were able to enjoy your drinks , take some sun and even just snooze for a while ion this swimming pool. This was the best Iberstar Hotel which we stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow us this opportunity to relay our heartfelt thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for also taking time out of your busy schedule to share with other travelers your review of your recent visit to our resort.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we are indeed pleased to know that you enjoyed the delectable offerings from our food and beverage team, as well as the engaging hospitality of our team

It has been a pleasure hosting you here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we do look forward to your next visit on our sunny island of Jamaica.

Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I just got back from a week stay with my wife and two daughters’ ages 4 and 6 at this resort and I would rate my experience as B+. Please keep in mind that I travel every year and I’m basically comparing this service to the other 7 different resort we’ve stay over the past 10 years. Some lack of frontline friendliness by a few took what is and should be a truly 5 stars resort and experience. Please keep I mind that I tipped total of $180 during my stay, from random guys cleaning the pool area in midnight to the bartenders and waiters. The good news is that this is an easy fix. We did notice a major improvement in the level of service especially among the waiters on the night they were being evaluated.
“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching” John Wooden

Positives
Cleanliness: The hotel is extremely clean and well mentioned
Food: Awesome food selection. Again I’ve stayed at 7 different resorts. Probably the best food selection
Entertainment: Best part of the trip. Moo moo, Sweetness, crazy Kenny are the true Gems of this resort. Please Hotel Management, appreciate these guys because the work 15 hrs a day, 6 days a week
Room: Great size and well metained (P.S I hurt my neck and back sleeping on the bed and lost 3 days of my trip. Speak up early if your sense pain immediately. They will accommodate you. I wish I knew this going in
PR team. Everyone at the PR office was awesome. They made up for the mishaps that occurred during my stay

Opportunity for improvement.
Staff, Staff, Staff. Frontline friendless needs to be a major focus for longevity for this resort. Reinforce the 6 ft rule and probably implement some type of customer fee back upon check out..

Will I return to this resort??? I was say definitely yes.

Room Tip: I hurt my neck and back sleeping on the bed and I was in serious pain the last 3 days of my trip. Sp...
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the team members here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, thank you for choosing our resort for your family’s vacation. We would also like to thank you also for sharing your generous review of your stay with us.

We are thrilled to know that you and your family had a wonderful time while here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and that you were pleased with the cleanliness, the variety of food, the Jamaican hospitality and friendliness from our staff. Regarding your service experiences with our front line staff, we have taken note of your comments and suggestions and we will certainly have them conveyed to the respective managers for their deliberation.

It has truly been an honor having you here with us and we hope that your return to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites will be sooner than later as we look forward to welcoming you back here.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This resort was wonderful to stay at. EVERY single aspect of it was incredible. The food was great, the staff was incredibly friendly, cleanliness was not an issue and the rooms were great.The entertainment had to be my favorite thing about this resort, second being the food. Every staff member made you feel welcomed and made the stay fun. Great place to be especially if going as a family, for couples, I'd probably go next door to the Grand. My only complaint is that we had to leave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for spending your vacation with us and for posting such a wonderful comment on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to know that we were able to impress you with the food, cleanliness of our resort, our entertainment activities, shows and our incredibly friendly staff.

Having you here with us was indeed an honor and we only hope that your return trip will be much sooner than later as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!