“Just Excellent... YA MON” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Montreal, Canada
“Just Excellent... YA MON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent, will return to this Iberostar.
We stayed from Aug/3-Aug/17, spend 2 weeks , and we were a family of 5. We have 3 teenagers ages 15,17,18. The service was excellent, the value for the trip was well worth it. The Staff that entertained us was wonderfull , and so was the staff that served us. The rooms were very clean and large size for the "Suites Section". The food was excellent , The SteakHouse, The Japanese the Buffet was all great. The pool at the Suites , was the best pool that I have been in. You were able to enjoy your drinks , take some sun and even just snooze for a while ion this swimming pool. This was the best Iberstar Hotel which we stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow us this opportunity to relay our heartfelt thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for also taking time out of your busy schedule to share with other travelers your review of your recent visit to our resort.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we are indeed pleased to know that you enjoyed the delectable offerings from our food and beverage team, as well as the engaging hospitality of our team

It has been a pleasure hosting you here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we do look forward to your next visit on our sunny island of Jamaica.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I just got back from a week stay with my wife and two daughters’ ages 4 and 6 at this resort and I would rate my experience as B+. Please keep in mind that I travel every year and I’m basically comparing this service to the other 7 different resort we’ve stay over the past 10 years. Some lack of frontline friendliness by a few took what is and should be a truly 5 stars resort and experience. Please keep I mind that I tipped total of $180 during my stay, from random guys cleaning the pool area in midnight to the bartenders and waiters. The good news is that this is an easy fix. We did notice a major improvement in the level of service especially among the waiters on the night they were being evaluated.
“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching” John Wooden

Positives
Cleanliness: The hotel is extremely clean and well mentioned
Food: Awesome food selection. Again I’ve stayed at 7 different resorts. Probably the best food selection
Entertainment: Best part of the trip. Moo moo, Sweetness, crazy Kenny are the true Gems of this resort. Please Hotel Management, appreciate these guys because the work 15 hrs a day, 6 days a week
Room: Great size and well metained (P.S I hurt my neck and back sleeping on the bed and lost 3 days of my trip. Speak up early if your sense pain immediately. They will accommodate you. I wish I knew this going in
PR team. Everyone at the PR office was awesome. They made up for the mishaps that occurred during my stay

Opportunity for improvement.
Staff, Staff, Staff. Frontline friendless needs to be a major focus for longevity for this resort. Reinforce the 6 ft rule and probably implement some type of customer fee back upon check out..

Will I return to this resort??? I was say definitely yes.

Room Tip: I hurt my neck and back sleeping on the bed and I was in serious pain the last 3 days of my trip. Sp...
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the team members here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, thank you for choosing our resort for your family’s vacation. We would also like to thank you also for sharing your generous review of your stay with us.

We are thrilled to know that you and your family had a wonderful time while here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and that you were pleased with the cleanliness, the variety of food, the Jamaican hospitality and friendliness from our staff. Regarding your service experiences with our front line staff, we have taken note of your comments and suggestions and we will certainly have them conveyed to the respective managers for their deliberation.

It has truly been an honor having you here with us and we hope that your return to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites will be sooner than later as we look forward to welcoming you back here.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This resort was wonderful to stay at. EVERY single aspect of it was incredible. The food was great, the staff was incredibly friendly, cleanliness was not an issue and the rooms were great.The entertainment had to be my favorite thing about this resort, second being the food. Every staff member made you feel welcomed and made the stay fun. Great place to be especially if going as a family, for couples, I'd probably go next door to the Grand. My only complaint is that we had to leave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for spending your vacation with us and for posting such a wonderful comment on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to know that we were able to impress you with the food, cleanliness of our resort, our entertainment activities, shows and our incredibly friendly staff.

Having you here with us was indeed an honor and we only hope that your return trip will be much sooner than later as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites with a group of 37. We had a very nice time. The people were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were very nice. We were hoping to get on the 3rd or 4th floor like everyone in the reviews says to get but could not. We were on the 1st floor(which is really the 2nd floor) and we overlooked the lazy river. We couldn't see the ocean from our room but it was still very nice with a beautiful view. Beds were comfortable, airconditioning was a little annoying but the fan made noise so if the fan wasn't so annoying to my husband I would have been cooler. We weren't hot but I do like the fan on. The restaurants were very good. There was always something to get at the bouffet. We ate at the nicer restaurants but they all needed reservations which you should make as soon as you get there for the entire week.
We enjoyed having the sailboats and sea kayaks for our use. The pool was nice. The drinks were good and they had some call brands available for the asking. The beach was always clean, the water beautiful. We were planning on diving but heard from friends that went that there was not much sealife. (The reefs had been overfished). We did go on a couple of excursions to doctor's cove to snorkel. it was nice but you had to pay to get on the beach, We went to Negril for Rick's cafe to jump from the cliff and watch the sunset. It was a long ride but fun. We also went to Dunn River Falls. We did a snorkel trip to get to the falls. The falls were nice, the snorkel trip was so crowded and they wouldn't let you off the boat without a life vest. Then there was a reef nazi in the water with a whistle telling you where you could and couldn't go, NOT FUN. The boat ride back after the falls was fun. Bar was open and the music was playing. The real downer of it all was every excursion was taxed at a rate of 17%. Didn't encourage you to go off the grounds of the wonderful resort. Also saw a fatal accident between a car and a bus. Glad I was not in the car. I think I would go back to Jamaica but wouldn't be tempted to go off the property. Also another good thing about the property was it was only about 15 minutes from the Montego Bay Airport.

Room Tip: ask for the 3rd or 4th floor by the pool. you can usually see the ocean from there without paying f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your special holiday and also for sharing your pleasant review of your stay at our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

We are humbled by your review of our hotel and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the services, food and beverage and amenities we offer here. It is also humbling to know that you were pleased with the hospitality of our staff. We are also delighted to hear that you went to the famous Rick’s Café and had fun while you were there.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we do hope that when you are planning your next vacation that Iberostar is in the forefront of your mind.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from a 10 day stay at the suites....Aug 3/13 to Aug 13/13.....Upon arrival at the beaches we were upgraded for free to the suites....so I cannot review the beaches.....although I have to say that the suites is amazing.....loved everything about it.....beautiful hotel...wonderful food and friendly staff.....

Our rooms were on ground level 4023 and 4026....They were very nice with a nice view of pool and sea....close to the pool, beach, Miranda hill buffet and lobby....very central

The beach was beautiful, not long shared with the grand and beaches....not a long walk but lovely just the same....I noticed the beach at the suites is nicer than the beaches as there was not as much seaweed in the water.....sand was white and soft...and the weather was glorious...

My kids tried the parasailing 130$ u.s. for two....they loved it...we also did a half day to dunn"s river falls left at 9am and returned at 2:30pm perfect bought the photo of us in the falls 8$ and the video of our group walking up the falls 40$ all worth it as it is a great souvenir for 3 people it cost 180$us with Jamaica tours....I found this a very nice and reasonable tour as the bus was new and the tour guide was great, very informative...the ride there was one hour and half so you really had a nice view of Jamaica from montego bay to ocho rios......

The pool room was a favorite of my sons....everynight we played pool after supper....met new people and had loads of fun....shows were fun in their beautiful theatre....we will definitely try other Iberostars in other locations......loved loved loved this vacation spot!!!!

Just one thing to add.....please bring U.S. dollars for tipping....I know its all inclusive but that just means you don't have to pay for anything as far as food or drinks but I really saw to many people leaving their tables every day not leaving a tip for the service....you would tip back home if you went out for breakfast lunch or dinner......I spent tipping, roughly 150$ for 10 days at the restaurants,bars tours, baggage handlers, maid service and beach service.....not such a high price for great service....and they really do appreciate it....have fun....and many thanks to happy feet for his great yoga lesson, diamond, stella, tevon and chef peter...you guys are wonderful....

Room Tip: We had nice suites on the ground floor rooms 4023 and 4026.....close to everything....quiet and surp...
Dear guest,

Please allow us this opportunity to extend to you our gratitude for choosing Iberostar as your family vacation destination. We are also thrilled to have had you leave such a delightful review here on Trip Advisor, you have our sincere gratitude.

It gives us great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were pleased with the rooms, beaches, pool, shows, billiard room and the outstanding service provided by our staff. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the respective staff members. It is also fulfilling to know that you were able to experience Jamaica and that you and your family took part in various excursions and ventured off property to the famous Dunn’s River falls.

It has truly been a pleasure hosting you at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we anticipate your next return to our resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week in this hotel. Fantastic food,location. Staff were fantastic and great fun. We had a great time. Thanks to all the staff for making it for us.shopping facilities were good also.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor and also for choosing our hotel, the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, to spend your vacation.

We greatly appreciate your generous comments praising our staff for doing a fantastic job and for contributing to making your holiday such a wonderful one.

We truly hope that we will once again be given the privilege of hosting you at our resort once more. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

place was great . The staff was fantastic
the musty smell is the only complaint that I have about Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Nothing was done was done about the smell. the smell on the first floor was unbearable.

Room Tip: Ocean view was great I stayed on the third floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It has been a pleasure having you here with us and we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your holiday at Iberostar as we have considered it an honor to have you vacation with us.

We are dismayed to hear about the situation you encountered while you were here and we do regret any dissatisfaction that may have been brought about by this. We would, however, like to assure you that this is not the typical Iberostar experience. Your concerns have been forwarded to the respective department manager for their attention and action.

We hope that we will once again be graced by your presence here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!