This was our 3rd time to Jamaica but 1st time staying in Montego Bay and the Rose Hall Suites. From our Negril experiences, Jamaica was already our favorite Island. We just love the warmth, friendliness and fun-loving style of the Jamaican people, and we also like the diversity of the people who visit. We knew up front that the beach wouldn't top Negril, but especially having kids, we wanted to avoid the hour and 40 minute drive to Negril. The beach is not up to Negril standards, but it is plenty nice. Actually the beach/sand is beautiful with plenty of seating. The water is just OK at best since you are going to be stepping on rocks and there's a lot of seaweed...unlike Negril which is pristine. But the 20-minute ride from the airport was a delight and more than made up for that. We loved actually being able to enjoy our first day...it really made the vacation feel longer.
The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites was the perfect hotel for us. Not too big, not too small. Everything is very convenient to get to. We loved the diversity and friendliness of our fellow guests...a little of everything. We are parents who want a place to be family/kid-friendly...but not "kids central". We also want a place where adults can have fun. That's what makes this hotel perfect. It's great for families, great for couples, great for singles. Unlike most all-inclusives, this one had a club/disco that was actually legit...we hit it three nights. There's really something for everyone.
There is a beautiful infinity pool and an activity pool. Love the way the pool looks out onto the beach. You can choose to sit at the pool or the beach and it doesn't really matter...either way you are close to both which is very cool. There is a kiddie pool with a pirate ship that has slides. My kids had a blast over there. Very nice little add-on and what made it even nicer is that hardly anyone uses it for some reason.
FOOD: I hate when hotels are too Americanized and don't offer a lot of local cuisine...especially since we love Jamaican/Caribbean food. I've never eaten so much Jamaican food in my life...which was great! Most nights at the buffet they have a Jamaican corner. They do Jamaican beach barbecue twice a week for lunch and offer Jamaican cuisine options every day at lunch. Like most all-inclusives, breakfast is great. But at this one everything tasted that much better. The fruit, the pancakes, the French toast...awesome! Omellettes I thought were just OK. For Dinner, the a la cartes as a whole I'd say are good, not great. I'd say a step down from ones we had in Negril...however, the buffet was better than others we've been to so we did the buffet more than a la cartes on this trip (we did two a la cartes...gourmet & Mediterranean, which were fine). I didn't hear people raving about the a la cartes, but I didn't hear them complaining about them either.
As much as we loved our stay I always like to point out areas that can be improved. These aren't complaints...didn't I say I loved this place? But in case you guys are striving for perfection, here you go Iberostar:
- lighting in the bathroom is horrible. My wife's biggest beef. Just fix it...that should be easy;
- fitness center is OK...but for this size hotel, it should be bigger with more equipment. Although it has most of what you need. Special shout out to personal trainer Kemuel...what a great guy and very helpful!
- try to resist the temptation of the big travel groups. We had one at the hotel our week. I didn't really mind them at all...they were fun and mostly pretty cool...but I can also see it being a turn-off to some guests.
Bottom line, we had an AWESOME time at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. A big thank you to a wonderful staff...from the front desk, to the buffet & restaurants, to the spa service, to the terrific entertainment all day from the Star Friends working their butts off and finally our cleaning woman Carol in Bldg #4 who was a delight...us guests appreciate every one of you!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Jamaica - Montego Bay