“I Have Jamaica Withdrawal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
New York
“I Have Jamaica Withdrawal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our 3rd time to Jamaica but 1st time staying in Montego Bay and the Rose Hall Suites. From our Negril experiences, Jamaica was already our favorite Island. We just love the warmth, friendliness and fun-loving style of the Jamaican people, and we also like the diversity of the people who visit. We knew up front that the beach wouldn't top Negril, but especially having kids, we wanted to avoid the hour and 40 minute drive to Negril. The beach is not up to Negril standards, but it is plenty nice. Actually the beach/sand is beautiful with plenty of seating. The water is just OK at best since you are going to be stepping on rocks and there's a lot of seaweed...unlike Negril which is pristine. But the 20-minute ride from the airport was a delight and more than made up for that. We loved actually being able to enjoy our first day...it really made the vacation feel longer.

The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites was the perfect hotel for us. Not too big, not too small. Everything is very convenient to get to. We loved the diversity and friendliness of our fellow guests...a little of everything. We are parents who want a place to be family/kid-friendly...but not "kids central". We also want a place where adults can have fun. That's what makes this hotel perfect. It's great for families, great for couples, great for singles. Unlike most all-inclusives, this one had a club/disco that was actually legit...we hit it three nights. There's really something for everyone.

There is a beautiful infinity pool and an activity pool. Love the way the pool looks out onto the beach. You can choose to sit at the pool or the beach and it doesn't really matter...either way you are close to both which is very cool. There is a kiddie pool with a pirate ship that has slides. My kids had a blast over there. Very nice little add-on and what made it even nicer is that hardly anyone uses it for some reason.

FOOD: I hate when hotels are too Americanized and don't offer a lot of local cuisine...especially since we love Jamaican/Caribbean food. I've never eaten so much Jamaican food in my life...which was great! Most nights at the buffet they have a Jamaican corner. They do Jamaican beach barbecue twice a week for lunch and offer Jamaican cuisine options every day at lunch. Like most all-inclusives, breakfast is great. But at this one everything tasted that much better. The fruit, the pancakes, the French toast...awesome! Omellettes I thought were just OK. For Dinner, the a la cartes as a whole I'd say are good, not great. I'd say a step down from ones we had in Negril...however, the buffet was better than others we've been to so we did the buffet more than a la cartes on this trip (we did two a la cartes...gourmet & Mediterranean, which were fine). I didn't hear people raving about the a la cartes, but I didn't hear them complaining about them either.

As much as we loved our stay I always like to point out areas that can be improved. These aren't complaints...didn't I say I loved this place? But in case you guys are striving for perfection, here you go Iberostar:
- lighting in the bathroom is horrible. My wife's biggest beef. Just fix it...that should be easy;
- fitness center is OK...but for this size hotel, it should be bigger with more equipment. Although it has most of what you need. Special shout out to personal trainer Kemuel...what a great guy and very helpful!
- try to resist the temptation of the big travel groups. We had one at the hotel our week. I didn't really mind them at all...they were fun and mostly pretty cool...but I can also see it being a turn-off to some guests.

Bottom line, we had an AWESOME time at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. A big thank you to a wonderful staff...from the front desk, to the buffet & restaurants, to the spa service, to the terrific entertainment all day from the Star Friends working their butts off and finally our cleaning woman Carol in Bldg #4 who was a delight...us guests appreciate every one of you!

Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing Iberostar to spend your holiday and for your kind comments posted here on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to know that for your first trip to Iberostar, you had an awesome time with us and that you enjoyed the amenities, activities, pools, and all the Jamaican food you could eat!!

With that being said, I would like to say that your feedback is invaluable to us and we have made note of your comments and suggestions and will ensure that they are conveyed to the respective manager.

It was indeed a pleasure to have had you here with us and with your recent stay being such a delightful one, we are convinced that you will return to Iberostar sometime in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Czech first
Warrensburg, Missouri, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first all-inclusive resort and I wanted to love it. Unfortunately, it was stressful and annoying. I didn't pick the resort to take my 15-year-old son and six-year-old daughter. We were invited to a wedding. It sounded great. Not worrying about paying for meals. Swimming, snorkeling, tennis, kayaking. Instead, we had six days of poor Housekeeping, problems in our room that required repeated calls for help, and random unscheduled closing that kept us from using the equipment. Plus, we didn't think the food was that good. As you can see from the reviews, people love this place. That was not my experience.

My biggest complaint was Housekeeping. Of the five days were were there, our room was cleaned two. It's possible it would have been cleaned eventually but it wasn't when we returned to our room in the late afternoon around 4 or 5. By that time, we needed to get dressed for dinner and the evening. I sent the cleaning lady away the first day because we had to get dressed at about 5 p.m. when she came. On the second day we were still in our room around 10 when I heard Housekeeping next door and went over and asked her to make sure she cleaned our room even if we were there. She didn't seem happy that we were in the room so we sat on the balcony while she cleaned. We joked that she might lock us out there.
Because she was in the area in the morning the day before I assumed that our room would be cleaned when we got back in the afternoon. I grabbed towels from a cart and we dressed again in a dirty room. The next day I grabbed another cleaning lady who cleaned while we were there. The next I asked them to come back. I was told that the person who turned down the bed would straighten the room. That hadn't happened when we returned from a wedding and a late dinner. I called and asked that it be done while we were at the reception. We came back to a dirty room and no towels. We left the next day.

I woke up on our first morning there to realize that we didn't have a coffee maker. I called and asked for one. The woman on the phone sounded like she thought I was lying. I had to explain how I had coffee and an ice bucket. Between the two, I could see a plug that would work nicely with a coffee maker. She told me I would have one in 30 minutes. After 45 minutes, I called back and asked for one. (I'm a big coffee drinker in the mornings so I was starting to get the shakes.) She apologized and one showed up 15 minutes later. Another guest in our party said she had to call 4 times before a crib was delivered to their room.

The posted times for tennis, snorkeling and kayaking didn't list any closing times for lunch but we got hit by those twice. I took my son to play tennis just before noon one day. The man was closing for lunch from noon to 2. He told us to come back. I told him that we couldn't because we had wedding events later in the day and that we didn't need him there to play tennis. He begrudgingly gave us rackets and balls then left for about an hour. The next day I took my daughter to get a kayak also about noon and was told that we would have to come back after one when the Captain would be back from lunch. Again, wedding events kept us from doing that. If I'd known that there was a schedule we could have worked around it but it was never posted. It also defeats the purpose of going somewhere that you can eat and play on your own time, not the staffs.

Lastly, and I'm a little embarrassed that I know this to complain about it but our tv didn't work right. I hate to think we spent time watching tv with the ocean outside our door but with a young child we needed to spend some time resting in the room each day so that she could stay up late for the wedding events. The first day I called for help with the tv. No one showed up but the tv started working. We realized that it had to warm up about 10 minutes before it would come on. We let it warm up every morning then left it on all day so that we didn't have to do it over and over again when we returned to the room. It was annoying.

I won't go back to an Iberostar resort - unless another relative gets married there.

Room Tip: The room service food, though not a large menu, was better than the food in the restaurants. It wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your holidays and for sharing with other travelers here on Trip Advisor.

Your review has left us disheartened and distraught, we would like to sincerely apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced and we would like to indicate that this is not a distinctive representation of our resort’s standards.

We have taken this opportunity to enlighten the respective managers of your valued comments for them to deliberate a cordial course of action.

It is hoped that this will not tarnish your overall view of our hotel and that you will give us another chance to prove to you our dedication to customer satisfaction. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Port Colborne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

already booked for 2 weeks in february this will be our third time at the suites food and staff are excellent . Staff were and are always helpful, my wife and I have been to several hotels in J amaica and find for the money this is the best. Dont worry about the vendors at the beach, a simple no thanks works very well and after they have seen u a few times they just say hi or ( whats up). c u there Dawn@ Dave

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are truly indebted to you for consecutively choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your vacation destination and for the time taken from your schedule to prepare this review.

It certainly fills us with pride knowing that we were able to provide you with unwavering world class service and that our consistent standards, excellent staff and delicious array of food are some of the reasons you will be returning to our island paradise next year.

In closing we would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and we anxiously await your return.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Although I was upgraded from here, I stayed on the suites side the majority of my trip for a wedding and entertainment. the restaurants including the buffets were great, the food was pretty good, the service and frequency of fresh food put out was very good. the beach was beautiful for the wedding, the restaurant for the reception was great the DJ was great, he made you feel like he knew you from home(brooklyn). the live shows were great also and all the beach parties were great(although I couldn't attend most of them, my family and friends said they were great!!! i will come back!!!

Room Tip: since I got upgraded, I can not give room tips.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We are delighted that out of myriads of other resorts you chose Iberostar as your vacation spot and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

We are humbled by your candid depiction of our hotel and it thrills us to know that you enjoyed the DJ, the various restaurants and buffets, the wedding location, beach parties and activities.

All in all we are pleased to know you had such a wonderful time here and we look forward to your next visit to Iberostar.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great family resort. Montego Bay. It has 3 sisters, rose hall, which is a slight down grade from the suites, the suites and the Grand which is adult only. We love it so much we went for two consecutive march breaks. Suites is spacious for a family with two teens. Super clean. We loved the food, whether it was the buffet or the speciality restaurants. Lobster tail or steaks at no added cost. Plenty of activities suited for all ages. My daughter was very shy to go to children zone but once she met a friend, we had to pull her away! The staff are incredible fun and try so hard. They make great effort to connect with guests. Hubby did go golf offsite, for a additional cost and loved it. This resort is only 15-20 minutes from the airport which is often not the case in Jamaica. The beach was lovely. The are very strict about guests from rose hall coming to sit on the Rose Hall suites beach or poolside. Which we appreciated. Night theatre is lovely, fun, as the staff really do try, but don't expect cruiseship night entertainment. If price is right go for it. Oh, watch out for the "pharmacy" just past the Rose hall beach, there are signs warning guests about risks. But we felt very safe and went both years to buy tshirts and things. I actually enjoyed the friendliness of the locals, just be careful. But the resort is fantastic

Room Tip: Ask for inside room facing poolside if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear guest,

First and foremost, let me extend our candid appreciations for repeating the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for two consecutive holidays and for sharing with other travellers online, your review of our majestic resort.

We are tremendously pleased to know that you had such a lovely time with us and that you enjoyed our super clean resort, wide variety of delicious food from various restaurants, the entertainment, activities, close proximity to the airport and our friendly and attentive staff.

Once again we would like to thank you for spending your vacation with us here at Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to your next trip to Iberostar.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Will be back September 2013
I keep saying I want to see other properties but I won't stay anywhere else. The staff is amazing the food delicious .. I truly appreciate these people who go over and beyond.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear guest,

You have our heartfelt gratitude for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your vacation and for sharing your experience online for others to see, this really means a lot to us. We anticipate your return as repeat clients to our beautiful resort in September here on the sunny island of Jamaica. Thanks for vacationing at Iberostar.

West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Suites from July 20-July 27th. Upon arrival some of our group were upgraded so that all our rooms could be close by which was very helpful and a great way to start our vacation. From check in to check out the staff at this hotel could not have been nicer or friendlier. They always had a smile and a hello for us. I want to start with a quick nod to our housekeeping woman, Crystal, who had our room cleaned every morning by the time we got back from breakfast and the room turned down when we arrived back in the evening. I saw other reviews where people complained out their rooms not getting cleaned till 5 pm but that was definitely not the case with us. We were in room 3410 on the top floor and had an awesome view off of the large balcony.
The food was plentiful and there was a large variety. Some things we liked and some we didn't but that was just personal preference and not a reflection of the hotel. There was always someplace to get food no matter what time of day or night and again we always received service with a smile whether we were just getting coffee for our morning walk or sitting for a full meal. A special nod to Janice the hostess in the Steak House who made our two meals there a lot of fun! We not only enjoyed the food but laughs we had with you! Also we had no problem getting reservations for every restaurant we requested for the early seating. Again, I did see in previous posts that people couldn't get a reservation but we went Sunday morning and there was no waiting and we got everything we asked for and then on Friday morning we stopped again and were able to get a reservation for the Steak House for that evening without any hassle.
Ok, I covered the food and the rooms now the pools, grounds etc. The pools are beautiful and kept very clean and other than the 45 minutes or so in the afternoon when they do the crazy games and dancing, it is quiet and relaxing. The games and dancing are so much fun to watch that we looked forward to it every day. The Star Friends asked people to participate but I don't think anyone was forced to participate that didn't really want to. They seemed to know who wanted to but needed a push and those people they pushed but if you really didn't want to they just moved on. There was plenty to do all day including darts, soccer, beach volleyball, water polo, horseshoes etc. The snorkeling right off the beach was awesome and we did that every day.
All I can say is our vacation was all that we could have hoped for. Sometimes I wonder if the people who have problems at this resort cause the problems by being rude and treating the staff disrespectfully which would of course not want to make them help you. Any questions we had were answered promptly and we truly felt that we were treated wonderfully by everyone we came in contact with from the front desk to the maintenance staff and I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 3406,3408,3410 and all were quiet and had beautiful views off the balconies.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, q at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear guest,
Please allow us this opportunity to express to you our gratitude for choosing Iberostar to spend your holiday and also for the time invested in preparing this review.
We are thrilled to know that you had an awesome vacation with us and that you were thoroughly pleased with the overall experience of your stay. It is truly delightful to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of our resort including the various activities, shows, pools, and food we greatly appreciate you highlighting our staff friendliness, how smooth your check in, check out and making dinner reservations was.
It has been our pleasure hosting you here with us and we truly hope that when planning your next holiday that Iberostar is foremost in your thoughts. Thank you for making it Iberostar

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!