“I reserved for here for a wedding, I got upgraded but I hung-out here with friends & family it was great!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Although I was upgraded from here, I stayed on the suites side the majority of my trip for a wedding and entertainment. the restaurants including the buffets were great, the food was pretty good, the service and frequency of fresh food put out was very good. the beach was beautiful for the wedding, the restaurant for the reception was great the DJ was great, he made you feel like he knew you from home(brooklyn). the live shows were great also and all the beach parties were great(although I couldn't attend most of them, my family and friends said they were great!!! i will come back!!!

Room Tip: since I got upgraded, I can not give room tips.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear guest,

We are delighted that out of myriads of other resorts you chose Iberostar as your vacation spot and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

We are humbled by your candid depiction of our hotel and it thrills us to know that you enjoyed the DJ, the various restaurants and buffets, the wedding location, beach parties and activities.

All in all we are pleased to know you had such a wonderful time here and we look forward to your next visit to Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great family resort. Montego Bay. It has 3 sisters, rose hall, which is a slight down grade from the suites, the suites and the Grand which is adult only. We love it so much we went for two consecutive march breaks. Suites is spacious for a family with two teens. Super clean. We loved the food, whether it was the buffet or the speciality restaurants. Lobster tail or steaks at no added cost. Plenty of activities suited for all ages. My daughter was very shy to go to children zone but once she met a friend, we had to pull her away! The staff are incredible fun and try so hard. They make great effort to connect with guests. Hubby did go golf offsite, for a additional cost and loved it. This resort is only 15-20 minutes from the airport which is often not the case in Jamaica. The beach was lovely. The are very strict about guests from rose hall coming to sit on the Rose Hall suites beach or poolside. Which we appreciated. Night theatre is lovely, fun, as the staff really do try, but don't expect cruiseship night entertainment. If price is right go for it. Oh, watch out for the "pharmacy" just past the Rose hall beach, there are signs warning guests about risks. But we felt very safe and went both years to buy tshirts and things. I actually enjoyed the friendliness of the locals, just be careful. But the resort is fantastic

Room Tip: Ask for inside room facing poolside if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear guest,

First and foremost, let me extend our candid appreciations for repeating the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for two consecutive holidays and for sharing with other travellers online, your review of our majestic resort.

We are tremendously pleased to know that you had such a lovely time with us and that you enjoyed our super clean resort, wide variety of delicious food from various restaurants, the entertainment, activities, close proximity to the airport and our friendly and attentive staff.

Once again we would like to thank you for spending your vacation with us here at Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to your next trip to Iberostar.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Will be back September 2013
I keep saying I want to see other properties but I won't stay anywhere else. The staff is amazing the food delicious .. I truly appreciate these people who go over and beyond.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear guest,

You have our heartfelt gratitude for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your vacation and for sharing your experience online for others to see, this really means a lot to us. We anticipate your return as repeat clients to our beautiful resort in September here on the sunny island of Jamaica. Thanks for vacationing at Iberostar.

West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Suites from July 20-July 27th. Upon arrival some of our group were upgraded so that all our rooms could be close by which was very helpful and a great way to start our vacation. From check in to check out the staff at this hotel could not have been nicer or friendlier. They always had a smile and a hello for us. I want to start with a quick nod to our housekeeping woman, Crystal, who had our room cleaned every morning by the time we got back from breakfast and the room turned down when we arrived back in the evening. I saw other reviews where people complained out their rooms not getting cleaned till 5 pm but that was definitely not the case with us. We were in room 3410 on the top floor and had an awesome view off of the large balcony.
The food was plentiful and there was a large variety. Some things we liked and some we didn't but that was just personal preference and not a reflection of the hotel. There was always someplace to get food no matter what time of day or night and again we always received service with a smile whether we were just getting coffee for our morning walk or sitting for a full meal. A special nod to Janice the hostess in the Steak House who made our two meals there a lot of fun! We not only enjoyed the food but laughs we had with you! Also we had no problem getting reservations for every restaurant we requested for the early seating. Again, I did see in previous posts that people couldn't get a reservation but we went Sunday morning and there was no waiting and we got everything we asked for and then on Friday morning we stopped again and were able to get a reservation for the Steak House for that evening without any hassle.
Ok, I covered the food and the rooms now the pools, grounds etc. The pools are beautiful and kept very clean and other than the 45 minutes or so in the afternoon when they do the crazy games and dancing, it is quiet and relaxing. The games and dancing are so much fun to watch that we looked forward to it every day. The Star Friends asked people to participate but I don't think anyone was forced to participate that didn't really want to. They seemed to know who wanted to but needed a push and those people they pushed but if you really didn't want to they just moved on. There was plenty to do all day including darts, soccer, beach volleyball, water polo, horseshoes etc. The snorkeling right off the beach was awesome and we did that every day.
All I can say is our vacation was all that we could have hoped for. Sometimes I wonder if the people who have problems at this resort cause the problems by being rude and treating the staff disrespectfully which would of course not want to make them help you. Any questions we had were answered promptly and we truly felt that we were treated wonderfully by everyone we came in contact with from the front desk to the maintenance staff and I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 3406,3408,3410 and all were quiet and had beautiful views off the balconies.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, q at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear guest,
Please allow us this opportunity to express to you our gratitude for choosing Iberostar to spend your holiday and also for the time invested in preparing this review.
We are thrilled to know that you had an awesome vacation with us and that you were thoroughly pleased with the overall experience of your stay. It is truly delightful to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of our resort including the various activities, shows, pools, and food we greatly appreciate you highlighting our staff friendliness, how smooth your check in, check out and making dinner reservations was.
It has been our pleasure hosting you here with us and we truly hope that when planning your next holiday that Iberostar is foremost in your thoughts. Thank you for making it Iberostar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time vacationing in Jamaica and we loved it. We have vacationed at other islands, but Jamaica was our favorite. The hotel was beautiful and well maintained. If you could not find something to eat then truly that is all you; there was food for every pallet. The staff was friendly and very willing to please you with your requests. The entertainment staff was great, very friendly, and my 10 year old would just walk up and chat and they took the time to chat with him. It was one of the friendliest islands. We did tours thru the hotel to Dunns River Falls and The Dolphin Cove and both were great. Bring cash to both for a DVD of you doing the falls for $40.00 and a picture for $8.00. Tip for the guides, too. Locals try to sell you items which we did buy one item and everyone will come back to your bus for your money. Swimming with the dolphins, a DVD was $100.00, but if your whole family is in the water, you will want that memory. The time at the cove could have been longer, you do not have time to see and do everything, pick and choose. We would definitely go back to the Iberostar

• Stayed July 2013
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to vacation at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We also very much appreciated the time you have spent sending us your comments about your experience with us.

It gives us much satisfaction knowing that we have contributed to making your holiday special and furthermore, we are pleased to understand from your comments that you enjoyed our luxurious resort, friendly staff and our talented entertainment team. We are also thrilled to know that you ventured off property to experience some of our islands adventures.
We would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and we candidly look forward to your next visit.

La Quinta, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had reservation for the Ritz Carlton, Rose Hall who informed me two weeks prior to my June 3, 2013 arrival date that they were sold and they would not honor my reservation. Ritz (owned by Marriott) gave the choices of Iberostar, Half Moon and Hilton. I had stayed at the Hilton previously and was underwhelmed and was not impressed with the beach there or accommodations (and I am a Hilton Honors guy!). Upon arrival at the Iberostar Beach Hotel (one of three separate buildings there) I saw a "working girl" being pulled out of the hotel by security while the front desk laughed and said "they try and sneak in but have no wrist band". I was taken to view a room that was available at the rate provided $177.00 per night to match the rooms only rate at the Ritz. The room had saw dust all around the base of the closet and smelled like monkeys had lived there.

I returned to the front desk and they said "maybe you need to be at the Suites (second of two buildings)?" I was shuttled over there and it appeared much the same. I was shown to the front desk where I was greeted with the typical friendly Jamaican style I have enjoyed for the past 25 years on 20 visits. I was told however that I would need to pay $282.00 per day (more than $100 I had planned at the resort and I was promised by the Ritz Carlton in the hand off). I know that there is typically a possible negotiation available, especially at night after the senior management has departed. I was told by the agent if I tipped him $100 US my rate would be lowered to the local rate of $202.00. At this point I had been traveling ALL day from Palm Springs, CA and just wanted to get into my room with a cold Red Stripe.

Upon my visit to the night club which opens at 11:00pm, I was approached by a club worker and offered drugs and working girls or anything else I needed. I drank a beer and retired to my room. I got up in the morning and went to the gym which was nice. After the gym I went to the buffet at 9:00am which was nearly wiped out and wasn't being replenished. I asked the wait staff to bring be some scrambled eggs please. It took about 15 minutes and they were delivered with a very bad attitude.

OK...enough. The next 3 days were similar and I left. Plenty of drugs and working girls available, but service and appropriate replenishing of the buffet sucked. I had a piece of silver jewelry stolen from my room and they said....hummmm. I checked out, took a cab to Negril and had a WONDERFUL visit at Coco La Palm!!! I highly recommend.

Let's not forget the Ritz Carlton and Marriott in this mix. Upon my return I called Ritz/Marriot in Salt Lake City (Pamela Mc) and she washed her hands and was completely impotent in solving my issues. Having been a 25 years hotel executive I knew how to proceed up the ladder. I then was transferred to the Maryland office and engaged by Debi H. (a senior customer service person) who basically said she would give a couple hundred dollars for the cab, but she would do nothing about the 4 days in purgatory I spent at the Iberostar. Get this!! Her reason was I was given a choice of 3 hotels by Ritz and I chose this one. WOW!!! Think twice about patronizing Ritz/Marriott internationally if your expectation is for them to stand behind their endorsement. THEY DO NOT!! This is a yearly excursion I enjoy and I am now 100% a Negril guy. Much much more relaxed and the drugs and prostitution are more subtle and discreet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
isle of man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

stayed 27 Sep 2012

bedroom was amazing, ocean front view. room large, comfy and bathroom fab. large balcony.
beachfront hotel with long long beach. it’s hot hot hot
lobby bar serves free top shelf drinks and great cocktails.
no identity bracelets which I found weird.
maids turn down rooms at 10pm. not good when you’re already in bed.
a la carte restaurants give a miss. stick to the main restaurant and aunt rubies steak house on the beach. prawns in garlic and steak cooked in front of you. delicious.
thought the place would be full of exotics fruits and pineapple.
don’t go into montego bay. fees to get on the beach. too much hassle from locals so suggest stay at hotel where you have beer, aircon and space.
first and last time to montego bay. would go negril next time.
hotels insurance company took over whole hotel so holidaymakers forgotten about.

PEOPLE WORTH A MENTION:
beach and pool staff nice – casey ann
security guys at hotel entrance nice. Kevin mcfarlane
bar staff in hotel lobby nice – wilton
manager very nice and helpful – hugh samuels
booked local taxi driver to take us places – he was very good - george
restaurant waiters/waitresses – do not wish to comment

Room Tip: keep emailing them for your preferred room. it pays off.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for your kind review that you have submitted about our luxurious resort and your positive comments about our food, beaches, pools and staff.

We would like to state that we do have fresh fruits, including pineapples, available at our resort; we do however, apologize if for some reason you were not able to get any throughout your stay. We will be sure to inform the respective manager of this. We also would like to point out that we do have bracelets that identify which .

It is always gratifying to know that we have accomplished our mission of guest satisfaction. We do hope that you choose to spend another vacation here with us.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!