“Amazing first trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing first trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just got back from spending a week at the Rose Hall Suites, and what an amazing first trip to Jamaica and first stay at an Iberostar resort! From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a friendly staff at the front desk, to friendly cleaning staff and lastly an amazing and hilarious entertainment crew.

The resort was absolutely beautiful and well taken care of. The room was great and big, comfortable and well kept. The activities were fun and the beach area was stunning! Did I mention drinks and food 24/7? Ya mon! Amazing! The buffet was delicious. You can find everything even for picky eaters (like my wife). The restaurants were also great! We ate at the Mediterranean (loved the salmon dish), the Mexican, and the steakhouse.

The Star Friends entertainment team made our trip! A big thank you to them (crazy Kenny, VIP, Momo, OMG, Stingray, Sweetness and Happy feet) for putting a smile on our faces from morning till evening. Every night was a different show and they were hilarious!

Thank you to again for making this trip a memorable one and we'll definitely be coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to extend our sincere appreciations for choosing to be guests here at Iberostar and also for sharing your review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

We truly enjoyed reading your comments and are proud to know that we were able to contribute to making your stay an amazing one here at Iberostar. Your kind words will certainly motivate us to continue striving to exceed all expectations.

We are confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and therefore we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

2,479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just returned from an 8 night stay at the Suites and we were very pleasantly surprised. We travel a lot, but had never been to Jamaica. To be honest, we were concerned based on everything we had read and heard from others regarding Jamaica. I don't get it! We were traveling with 4 teenagers (16-18) and we did not have any problems. In fact, we found the Jamaicans (inside and outside of the resort), to be some of the warmest, friendliest, funniest people that we have ever met. On top of this, the beach is private and there is security throughout the night. Our kids were able to do whatever they wanted, on their own and were treated with respect by all of the staff. We made many friends on this vacation. We even ventured out for authentic Jamaican jerk BBQ and shopping at the markets. Our stay at the resort was a blast. We booked through Costco travel, so I thought the value was very high. I would call the Suites a 3+ to 4 star hotel. Again, the staff tip the scales to making this a 4 star hotel. They were truly incredible. The rooms are good size (for 3 people) and 99% of the views are great. The pool is a very fun hang out spot during the day, with a great activities staff and some of the best bartenders you will ever meet (Waylon, Jules and Chris...respect mon!). The food is good, but it was a bit of a hassle to get a reservation in the full service restaurants. We ate at the buffet 4 out of our 8 nights and it was very good (better than some of the full service venues). After dinner, there is the lounge bar, the music bar and the disco (in that order). If you have the energy, the party lasts until the early hours of the morning. My son and I went scuba diving every morning with Dressel Divers, which is located at the Rose Hall Beach. When staying at the Suites, you have full use of the facilities and restaurants at the Beach hotel too. A couple of tips/details...If you are going to gamble, this is not your place. The casino is SMALL. If you are going to relax, you can, but this is a lively energetic place. The pool had more of a Vegas vibe than a laid back feel. If you have teeneagers, they will be in their glory. We will go back. You would have to try to not have a good time here.

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra money for ocean front. Ask for the 4th floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks posted here on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled you chose Iberostar Rosehall Suites as your vacation hotel and also for highlighting the various aspects of our resort that you thoroughly enjoyed.
It strengthens our determination to continuously meet and exceed our guest’s expectations when we receive comments like yours. For all the areas mentioned, and for your commendations for our staff, we will let them know that their service quality was appreciated and expressed by another satisfied guest.

In closing I would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar, and we hope to have you vacationing here with us sometime in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

John & Diane Rochdale,England
Just got back from the spending the last two weeks at the suites,what a place,we have stayed at the beach for the last two years,very nice.but this place is pure class.
Rooms were big and set out well.
Food was brilliant,so much choice you would never go hungry here.
Pool was clean and spacious,my wife loved to lean on the edge and look at the beautiful view over the beach for hours.
Beach was like walking on to paradise,could have stayed on it all day,did sometimes.
The staff were always courteous and ever so helpful,would do anything for you.
Just like to say a big thank you to a special lady called Simone on meals booking,you really made my birthday with your lovely gifts,love you.
There is no doubt we will try and get back next year,to see all you beautiful people again.x

• Stayed July 2013
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to extend our genuine appreciation for choosing to vacation at our resort and for also taking the time from your busy schedule to post your view of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

Words cannot express how pleased we are to hear your generous comments about our hotel. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the food, pools, beaches and our courteous and attentive staff. We will certainly inform Simone of the wonderful job she did in making your stay such a wonderful one.

In closing we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we anxiously await your visit to Iberostar next year.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the resort for a week to attend a friend's wedding as well as to visit family in Jamaica. The resort was beautiful. The rooms were clean and well taken care off. The staff was extremely friendly and beyond helpful. There were many activities to do and the beach was so beautiful and never overcrowded. Overall, we has spots of rain, but most days were spent at the pool or the beach swimming and lounging in the sun. The best food for me was at the buffet restaurant. We had daily breakfast, both American and Jamaican dishes and some nights were Jamaican themed foods such as curry goat, rice and peas, escaviche fish, jerk chicken and pork which we loved. The few complaints that I have were that the wifi was very spotty and you could only get free wifi in the lobby and sometimes the temperature in the room varied from cold to warm in the middle of the night. I would definitely stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites again - it was well worth the money and my family had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: I would do no more than 3 to a room if you can afford to do this.
Dear guest,

Let me begin by extending our heartfelt thanks for choosing to spend your holiday with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, in addition we are truly grateful for you posting your thoughts of your recent visit to our resort here on Trip Advisor.

Our hearts swell with pride upon hearing that we contributed to you having a relaxing vacation one filled with a wide variety of food, drinks, activities and extremely friendly and helpful staff. With that being said, we have taken note of your comments and will ensure that the corresponding manager is made aware.

We genuinely hope to serve you again at Iberostar and therefore look forward to seeing you again at our hotel in the near future.

Walworth, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm not an overly picky traveller but comfort and friendliness are key at a nice place. The resort, staff and food were all amazing. The room was great and the beds were comfortable. Cleaning staff did a wonderful job and kept things in order. The grounds and beach were beautiful and Ienjoyed spending time in the infinity pool with lots of drinks! The food was way better than I expected. Our friends wedding dinner at one of the restaurants might have been the best meal I have ever eaten and some of it was stuff I didnt even think I liked. The buffet had a lot to choose from and I never had an issue finding something I loved. One of the days they had a beach BBQ and the food was delicious, jerk chicken, pulled pork and steak....mouth is watering just thinking about it. The people of Jamaica are amazing, so friendly and always engaging. You feel at home and like you never want to leave. The bar/club was a lot of fun as were the other lounge areas when they were playing music. I think the only thing I wasn't in love with was the jacuzzi/hot tub, which was cooler than the pool water. If not going to heat it I would have preffered more jets. I also had a massage in the Spa and it was wonderful, highly recommend getting one. If your going to have a wedding they did an absolutely amazing job and I would recommend them.

Room Tip: I dont know if there is a bad room, of course the more you can see of the ocean the better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend your vacation and for posting your comments here on Trip Advisor.
It pleases us greatly to hear that you had an amazing stay with us and that you enjoyed the wide array of delicious food available to you throughout your stay. We will be sure to share your wonderful comments to the rest of our staff and commend them on contributing to your amazing vacation.

We would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and we hope to have you here with us once more in the near future.

Yonkers, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited this property for the third time in 3 years....it keeps getting better. I have a (bad?) habit of writing long reviews...lets see how I do here... stayed for 10 nights, 6/23 to 7/3

We got there early (had the 6am flight out of NY)... we got our bracelets and changed (put bathing suits in the carry on) we had a great first day and finally went to the front desk around 4pm and got our key. I didnt get the room I requested, but close enough (I was hoping for a ground floor ocean front...got 3027...ground floor, looking right at the sport pool) I know, everyone wants top floors....I like rooms close to the pool on ground, because my kids always run me back and forth and my son is 12 and I let him have a key. Room was clean, no smells, everything worked, air conditioner worked great.... our TV wasnt showing the cartoon channel and I was very happy with that and never even called to tell the front desk.... my kids were UNPLUGGED and I was thrilled. The lighting in the bathroom is still too low to put makeup on...but I just use the big mirror in the hallway....its in a bad spot though, because its behind a door and I got hit a few times when my family members threw it into me... cleaning was great, spotless and always done .... the ladies left chocolates which my kids loved and always had plenty of towels. I used the little sewing kit, and the next day, there was a replacement! I did ask for club soda in my fridge and never got it.... we played musical beds because my kids are annoying (hey, just being honest) and I thought the pullout was comfortable (husband and son thought it wasnt) beds are very comfortable..... So, as far as the room.... great

The pool and beach are amazing....they got REALLY nice new chairs at the pool and I LOVED them.... Cassandra, the waitress, was always around, she remembered us also. Bartenders are the best....when I was halfway to the pool bar, they started my drinks and had them waiting.... they remember EVERYONE's orders.

The lifeguards are great....my son got hurt and the lifeguard, Dick, tended to him quickly and was very helpful. BAD THING about the pool (which led to my son's injury....) SLIPPERY tiles.... they are gorgeous, just way too slippery.... maybe if they got a 'scratching' with some kind of buffing machine or a rubberized treatment????? VERY dangerous... went to the medical center.... very nice and clean and they took care of bandaging and cleaning him up....$30...not bad..... but I took him to urgent care when we got home and he needed a tetanus shot and COULD of used stitches but it healed up.... (he got hurt the day we were leaving and if we went to the hospital in Jamaica, we would have missed our flight)

Food was SO amazing.... breakfast was always awesome.... the papaya and mango is to die for.... there was only soursop a couple of days and I asked twice for it, but never got it :( but they had the juice and it was awesome... LOVED the porridges, loved the fruit..... my son loved the omelettes.... everything was great. Lunch was either in the same place as breakfast, in the steakhouse by the beach or on some days, the awesome beach bbq.... dont miss that! they had these AMAZING veggie patties... awesome... I liked lunch in the main dining room better...its cooler there and the food was better (temperture) regulated... the steakhouse was more open air and I noticed the cheeses were 'sweating ' and I just liked the main dining room better.... I do with they had a simple jerk hut or something on the beach.... just to grab some patties, maybe chicken and fries.... something simple instead of getting dried and covered and going to eat... ONE NOTE!! our second day there, I ordered an iced latte at breakfast... the next day, Lennox in the dining room, greeted us and brought me my iced latte! This is the kind of thing that gives this resort its WOW.... VERY attentive service...and the waitstaff REMEMBERED us from last year.... a couple remembered my kids names! just amazing.... genuine, friendly, hardworking people.....

Dinner... we only booked the steakhouse, japanese and mexican. I dont like red meat (or pork....and not really too much chicken either) Im a semi vegetarian I guess... so the steakhouse was ehh for me...everyone else loved it... our waiter, O'Neill, was AWESOME though.... I also got soooo many mosquito bites here.... just me, no one else in my family!

I didnt like the Japanese this time! Loved it the last two.... thought it was really greasy and salty...and its kind of rushed there.

We skipped on the mexican because we took too long to get out of the pool! we ate at the buffet EVERY night and LOVED it.... different foods for ten nights.... everything was delicious (and I hate meat....and there were TONS of vegetables, the soups were delicious, the rices and fish were excellent) Everyone was happy in my family (by the way....me, my husband (HUGE meat eater) 12 year old boy and 6 year old girl) and the amazing thing???? I came home and LOST 2 lbs and my skin was clear and glowing (it was giving me a problem recently) I just KNOW everything I ate was clean, fresh and healthy.... just perfect.... I think the food got better from my last visits..... just DELICIOUS

The shows are great .... I think the Broadway show and Boogie nights are kind of cheesy.... my favorite show was Tutti Frutti....and I LOVE the beach party with the bonfire....LOVE the audience participation shows (they got us up there a few times..... just do it and laugh and have fun!) Theater is nice and cool and relaxing..... I noticed the waitresses werent around this time though.....

The Blue Moon Bar (???) I think its called.... forgot now.... was nice, but toooooooo smoky! I wanted to listen to the reggae band, but we couldnt stay with the kids because it was really bad (the smoke) We went to karaoke and it wasnt smoky that night.... They shouldnt allow smoking in there :(

We got a sitter (Petra, very nice girl!!) and went to the nightclub (go on a Friday and the Star Friends are there for a while...) I didnt like the music for most of the night.... very heavy gangster rap....ugh..... everyone else was ok with it, I must be old.... great people watching though (lol...LOTS of bad dancing....) finally, around 1:30 the music got more 'Jamaican' and the dance stuff was on... still too much pop and regular radio stuff from home..... wish it was more authentic.... like going to a REAL Jamaican club....

Internet is horrible.... my son tried his tablet in the lobby and gave up...(but again, YAY...he was UNPLUGGED!) I used the internet once to get boarding passes, it took forever, but I got it done....

Everything here is just perfect.... clean, beautiful and just amazing.... there are people that complain, but that must just be them.... maybe they are extremely wealthy and live in 5 star comfort at home.... thats great.... but for regular people like me.... I think this resort is just amazing.... I feel rejuvenated, relaxed and just wonderful from being there...

*********NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY REVIEW!!!!**********

with that all said.... yes, this Iberostar is amazing (I have been to the Iberostar in Mexico also....) same quality, same service, same everything..... the company itself is high quality and VERY consistent.... could you pick this place up and plunk it down ANYWHERE in the world??? YES.... and it is kind of small.... and its getting VERY expensive .... goes up every year.... so I can get a MUCH better price staying elsewhere.... so why did I come back again for the third time? and I emailed my travel agent for next year???? These are the reasons: OMG, MoMo, Happy Feet, Sting Rae, Roxy, Nickeshia, Mel, VIP, Kenny, Tasha, even Adrien the wine guy!!!! and this year we met China and Sweetness..... We have known some of these people (Star Friends) for three years now..... I keep in touch with some of them year round.... I consider them friends and family even. I actually MISS them and it hurts when I say goodbye to them!! my son adores MoMo...he followed him around like a puppy the whole time we were there.... MoMo had lunch with him almost every day and even sent my son over to me to reapply sunscreen because he thought he was getting red!!! Plus he is just a great, funny guy and can flip and dance like you wouldnt believe! We had lunch every day with someone....sometimes we sat at a whole table of Star Friends....I feel like Im watching OMG 'grow up' since we knew her for 3 years now and my kids LOVE her.... Sting Rae would be my best friend if she lived in NY...she's so funny and has my kind of sense of humor....she hosts alot of the shows and shes SOOOO funny and real and just the best.. I love her! Happy Feet is my sweetheart....we also know him for three years now... and his dancing is unreal... My daughter loves Roxy, Nickeshia and Mel in the kids club..... I dont leave my daughter with anyone really....I dont even trust FAMILY members really....so for me to leave her in a kids club on a vacation in another country near water, says alot... they LOVE my daughter, they care about her and watch her like their own. These girls recommended the babysitter I mentioned earlier and thats why I requested her....because I trust their word. They are moms too and good ones...and they bring that to work with them and care for the children beautifully. We got to know VIP this year and he is awesome.... funny, nice guy and another awesome dancer. Tasha in the towel hut is so sweet to my kids...they are always bothering her and she is so sweet...lol... China and Sweetness were new this year and they are great!!! I hope to see them and get to know them even better next year.... We also LOVE Adrian (the wine guy!) hes so funny and nice, I talked to him every day (never did buy wine though.... I like Moscato and they dont have it!!!) Bottom line........I honestly wouldnt go here if these people didnt work there anymore!! They are the MAIN reason we go back.... they are like family and we want to visit them..... but if they all picked up and went to other resorts, I would follow them.... they bring all the love and smiles and memories to our, now, annual trip....

so much for a short review..... :) oops.... some final things.... photographers, great....but TOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE!!!! and they need a new system...maybe assign the pictures to the room number.... and a great idea would be a website that we can access once we are home.... look at ALL our pictures and then order what we want (kind of like school and team photos do?????) that photo desk was a pain.... always a line, I only bought one picture because there was always a line... plus they are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!! that NEEDS to be revamped.

We used Reggae Tours (I will write that review) AMAZING..... Club Mobay (another review to follow) AWESOME and ate at Scotchies (yes, I will review that too) ALSO.. we brought 3 suitcases of donations and went to Garland Hall Childrens Home and visited the children (orphanage)....amazing, if anyone wants to know about it, inbox me..... DO IT next time you go.... its a feel good thing and the kids are great......

ALSO!!! we stayed twice in Mexico and 3 times in Jamaica..... total of 41 nights!!!! I WISH Iberostar had a system like Sandals for frequent visitors.....free nights or something!!!

Iberostar....see you next year :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear guest,

First and foremost please allow us to extend to you our deepest and most sincere gratitude for visiting us once again here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for articulating yet another extensive, generous and immaculate review of our beautiful resort.

We appreciate you taking the time out to grace us with your generous review here on Trip Advisor, as it gives us an opportunity to assess and appraise our performance, as well as to ensure that we sustain and deliver the level of service expected from our hotel.

We are extremely proud to know that even on your third trip you still enjoyed the various amenities, restaurants, activities, shows, kids club, pools, beaches, superb service resort wide and of course our energetic and friendly Star Friends Team who have become a second family all of whom I am sure contributed to your amazing vacation. All of our staff here is treasured and we know that they give our guests reasons to come back here; we are delighted to know you were elate to see your old friends and make some new ones. We will be certain to express your kind comments to all the department managers to give their staff

We have also taken note of your observations and suggestions, as your feedback is invaluable to us. We will ensure that they are conveyed to the corresponding managers.

We would like to thank you for being such loyal guests to the Iberostar chain of hotels and we are pleased to have had the pleasure of hosting you at our hotel. The management and staff anxiously await your return and to welcome you back home.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first time to an Iberostar, as well as our first time to Jamaica. We booked through Melissa at Beach Bum Vacations. I don't know how to describe the trip other than "perfect". The resort was absolutely beautiful. The rooms were huge with separate tubs and showers. The views were great. Everything was clean. On top of all that, the staff was so incredibly kind and courteous. As the days went on, they started to remember us, know our names, and it almost felt like we were starting to form friendships. They genuinely wanted to do all they could to make our stay better. It was amazing.

For those looking to get married here, I can't recommend it enough. They only do one wedding per day, which makes it feel very special. They have multiple ceremony locations, and many dinner/reception options, including a beach bonfire. Our wedding was one of the most fun, interesting, and different that I've ever attended. I think our guests had a blast. The coordinators were great, too. Everything went really smoothly.

Probably the most important question though... would I ever go back? IN A HEARTBEAT! One of the best vacations ever :-)

Dear guest,

We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for choosing to be guests here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for sharing with us your opinion of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

It has been an honor to have hosted your wedding here at our resort and we are truly delighted to hear that you had a perfect destination wedding. We are also thrilled to know that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our resort, the rooms, our friendly and courteous staff and wedding coordinators.

In closing we would like to thank you once more for giving us the opportunity of serving you and we candidly await your next visit.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!