“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Rose Hall
Bronx, New York
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Iberostar Suites from April 11th - April 16th. I can't say enough about this resort.The rooms are clean and spacious, Staff is wonderful and friendly. Hi to the Star Friends who made our stay there enjoyable. Great entertainment, the club was wonderful, the food is excellent. we had such an amazing time, did not want to leave, will be back next year for sure. Ya Mon.

Room Tip: higher floors are better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for spending your special holiday here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for taking the time in sharing with other travellers and viewers here on Trip Advisor, your valued feedback in regards to your experience while vacationing here at Iberostar.
We are extremely proud to understand from your comments that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and also several aspects of our resort, including our spacious rooms, friendly staff, entertainment, food and disco.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we candidly look forward to be able to offer you our hospitality next year.

2,294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I just returned from a week long vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites with my soon-to-be 4 year old son. We loved it! The resort is family friendly yet still appeals to the adult population. There were plenty of children during our week-long stay; yet the resort never felt "over run" with kids. I am definitely considering an Iberostar property for our next vacation!

The property was very nice. The grounds were always clean and well maintained. The beach areas was absolutely wonderful. Although the resort seemed to be full, the beach never felt crowded. Most people hung out at one of the pools. Beach chairs were spaced apart nicely to provide some level of privacy. All beach chairs were stationed with a palm tree for shade which was very nice. We were always able to find chairs at just about any time of the day. We did not have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a spot. The stretch of beach where the Suites are located is definitely nicer than the Beach resort property. The Suites beach is expansive, with plenty of space for the kiddos to make sand castles without being too close to the water. We walked down to the Beach resort area. That stretch of beach was much smaller and seemed very crowded.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff, bell hops, restaurant staff...all very attentive and efficient. Check out was a tad long due to only one staffer on duty early in the am but that was certainly not a deal breaker for me. There were always staffers walking the beach if you wanted to order beverages.

The rooms were indeed what you would expect from a 5 star resort. Rooms were very spacious with a recessed seating area leading to a rather large balcony. We stayed on the 4th floor and had a partial ocean view. Very comfortable King sized beds with plenty of fluffy pillows. The bathrooms were very clean and well appointed. Large jacuzzi tub, separate shower stall with a rain shower head. The minbar was a nice amenity. I agree with another reviewer that snacks would have been a nice add. The cleaning staff did a fantastic job cleaning our room. Our room was typically cleaned by 10 or 11am each day. Floors were washed daily; towels refreshed. Nightly turndown service was a nice touch as well to replenish any supplies used after daily room service was completed.

The kiddie water park is amazing! My son had the time of his life! I was surprised that more children did not use the park. On most days, my son was one of a few kids at the park. The slides are designed so that your descent stops at the bottom of the slide; providing a fun yet safe time for the kiddos that can't swim. There is a lifeguard and security guard on duty at all times at the water park. They were both she very attentive; monitoring the safety of the children.

The two areas of improvement I can recommend are (1) buffet restaurants and (2) wi fi access. Since I traveled with a 4 year old, we spent time at the buffet restaurants. We never tried the restaurants that required reservations. The food was good and there was a solid variety. However, for a 5 start resort, the presentation and selection was not what I expected. Aunt Ruby's beach buffet was just ok for lunch. We ate there just about every day. In general, the food was tasty. Meats were tender and well seasoned. The fish was actually very good. However, the presentation was mediocre. The other buffet downstairs from the main lobby was better but still not great. The fresh fruit selection, desserts...all were just "ok". I was expecting something a bit more grand.

The lobby wi-fi was very, very slow. It would have been nice to have wi-fi in the rooms.

In all, this was a great resort and would absolutely recommend this property!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors will have some form of an ocean view.
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with other travellers your view of your stay at our hotel.

We are overly thrilled to ascertain from your comments that you had a great time at our resort and that you found our property to be clean and well maintained also that you were pleased with the spacious room, attentive and efficient staff, and our kiddies water park.
Your valued feedback is sincerely appreciated and we would like to inform you that your recommendations have been noted and will be forwarded to the relevant managers.
It has certainly been a privilege to have had you vacation with us and we look forward to your next visit to Iberostar. Thank you for making it Iberostar..

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel room was very nice -- complete with fresh linens daily (even a turn-down service in the evening) & options for fresh towels in the evening. Cleaning service organized everything during the day. Everyone who worked at the hotel was very friendly. Restaurants were good, much effort was put into making dishes appealing both in taste and visually; options were available for any palate. We slept very well with the beds far away from the front door & the balcony doors with a comfy mattress. Our only gripe was the pillows. Bartenders were great and able to make whatever you're looking for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to spend your holiday at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and in the same breath would like to express our sincere gratitude for sharing your review with the rest of the online community here on Trip Advisor.

Your generous comment certainly strengthens our determination in providing world class satisfaction and we are thrilled knowing that you were pleased with the friendliness of our staff, the comfortable beds, the cleanliness of our resort and appetizing foods in our restaurants.

In closing we would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and with your last visit being such a wonderful one, we are confident that you will be staying at Iberostar in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband took me to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for my birthday October 2012 and i had the time of my life. The resort was just lovely so clean and well kept. I love the way that it is shaped like the letter "U" so no matter where your room is you have a pretty good view. The food was awesome. I just think they need to come up with a better reservation system. We never got to try there Hibachi resturant and we tried to book it everyday we were there. Really sucked. The beach was very pretty and the land was well kept. Plenty of entertinment every night and drinks to make you feel just right.

Room Tip: Resort shaped like the letter "U" so no matter where your room is you have a pretty good v...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to vacation at our lovely resort, and we would also like to express our sincere gratitude for taking time from your busy schedule to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you had a wonderful vacation and had the time of your life while enjoying the food, the rooms and the cleanliness of our resort. We would like to point out that we have noted your suggestions and will have them conveyed to the corresponding manager.

We are privileged to have had the honor of hosting you at our resort and we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When we say all-inclusive this hotel delivers. The food, the value, sleep quality, Cleanliness, location rooms and the FOOD was perfect. it was an excellent stay and I would definitely return in a heartbeat. The grounds are kept up immaculately and the staff are all very friendly with many beyond friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We are honored to have had you, our esteemed guest, vacationing with us, and we would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments with the rest of the online community.

Your benevolent words certainly inspire us to continue improving in all areas, and to continue delivering world class customer satisfaction. It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you were overly pleased with our courteous staff, the value, sleep quality, cleanliness, ideal location, rooms, and food available at our resort.

It was definitely our pleasure hosting you at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we honestly look forward to your next visit. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Strawberry Plains, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We returned yesterday from a week long stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I would definitely return in a heartbeat. The grounds are kept up immaculately and the staff are all very friendly with many beyond friendly. We were in a room on the bottom floor meaning we really did not have a view of the ocean which was a little disappointing, but we were not in the room much anyway and where we were was close to the door to the exit at the pool which was nice. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The only thing I would request is that there be wifi in each room or at least improve the wired internet service which was some of the worst internet service I have ever experienced. It would also be nice to have some snacks in the mini fridge, but other than these two suggestions, the rooms and service to the rooms were great.

The location of the resort could not be better. The infinity pool was great because you could swim to the edge and just hang around and be right on the beach. The beach was well kept and great to look at.

My main suggestion would be regarding the food. The food was good, but not great. First of all, I understand it is Jamaica and the intent was to infuse Jamaica in all the restaurants, but a Japanese Hibachi should be Japanese. Johan, who was our chef was the best Japanese restaurant chef I had ever seen for entertainment, but please just allow the restaurant reflect the food it should be. Instead of using teriyaki sauces and having shrimp sauce and ginger to dip the food in, there was a green chili type sauce used on the meat. It just did not taste right. This is just one example, but it is the same with the other ethnic foods.

Our favorite restaurants were the gourmet, mexican, and medditeranean. The buffet for night was good as well. Also, the desserts really left a lot to be desired. They were in most all cases on the buffet and were about the quality of a cheap Chinese buffet. Having the desserts cooked and prepared fresh would go a long way. Other than these points, the food was pretty good.

One last thing relating to the food, please make it easier for making reservations. Instead of having to go to a desk and feel like I am having a credit check for a loan at a bank, work out another plan that does not seem so serious and would be able to do from our room or online. Also, there should not be a maximum amount of reservations that could be made ahead of time.

For those reading this, please note those are the only things I could find I would feel the resort could improve on and the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5. You really do need to go here if you have a chance and you will not regret it. The resort makes you feel relaxed and will make your trip enjoyable. If you get a chance, try some scuba at the dive center. It is a blast. All I have to say is 'no problem mon' .

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our lovely resort, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We would also like to express our gratitude for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at our resort.

Having said that, we are delighted to have provided you with great vacation and are also pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our cleanliness of our grounds, our spacious rooms and pleasant staff.

Additionally, we would like to inform you that we have taken note of your suggestions will ensure that they are directed to the respective department managers for their cogitation.
In closing, we would again like to express our thankfulness for your kind comments and hope that we will once again have the pleasure of being your hosts in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I love weddings, I really do. I love the build up and the anticipation. I love the fact that families and friends come together for a happy occasion, and for a few hours emotions and relations are cheery. So having been lucky enough to attend a sensational New York wedding immediately before arriving at the Iberostar, my wife and I were already feeling great.

In fact we could not have chosen a better place to continue our overseas trip, as for the whole week we were in Montego Bay, the Iberostar managed to lay on a different wedding every day of our stay. Some were locals marrying and partying in an idyllic location. Some were those exchanging vows a second time around. But topping the league were a 90-strong wedding party from Colorado who seemed, for the few days that they were in residence, to be having the time of their lives.

Their vibe was infectious. They contributed to a near constant pool party, fuelled in equal measure by performance pool bar staff and a very Jamaican entertainment crew. Games around the pool ranged from bingo, to running along a water carpet, and what looked like an aquatic bucking bronco, all to a hypnotic Reggae beat. So any hopes of making a dent in my reading were quickly dashed. Debit books, credit fun!

If you’re not into Reggae, you soon will be after a stay at the Iberostar. It’s all you ever hear. Now, I don’t mind it at all, and have been searching through the pirate radio stations at home to get it, but I really object to the same tunes being repeated five of six times a day every day – particularly the one about the “cuts” and “no hesitation”. We were not alone with this complaint as I heard several lobby bar conversations voicing similar concerns. I’m amazed that with such a high occupancy rate they can’t shell out for a few more tunes.

The hotel itself was perfectly adequate for a week’s stay. Nothing flash, but everything you needed. The room was a fair size with two double beds, sofa and a good size bathroom. We were lucky. Our room was quite close to the pool area but some were a good distance away.

Food and drink were acceptable. The buffet proved repetitive after a while but served a good range of local, and international fare. Imagine jerk chicken with a side order of pizza.

The occasional lunchtime beach barbeque offered a welcome respite a couple of times during our stay. The jokes in the hype wore a little thin though. “Jerk chicken, jerk pork, jerk fish, everything there is jerk – even the chef’s a jerk!”. Thanks. But the food was plentiful, fresh, and really good, so it was worth it.

The Iberostar had a number of instantly forgettable specialty restaurants, some of which featured their own buffets. How odd. These had to be pre-booked and were rationed according to the length of stay. This proved a chore but ultimately worthwhile, so stick with it if you go.

As a bit of a try on I tried to make a reservation for a restaurant in the Rose Hall Beach hotel next door. It has the same ownership, but is operated separately. Amazingly we got away with it, and ate at the Cajun restaurant. The food was fairly predictable, but we were served by probably the nicest and most helpful waiter in a bowler hat on the island. I’d go back just to be served by him.

Fresh from our success we promptly booked the Japanese restaurant next door. This was pure theatre and sensational in every respect. Go there just for the performance. If you like the food too, as I did, then that’s a bonus.

It was a rather odd set up with the neighboring hotels. There was certainly a hierarchy, with the Rose Hall Suites clearly ranking in the middle. The Rose Hall Beach is positioned as slightly inferior, but I really couldn’t tell the difference. Certainly the restaurants and pool area there were better than at the Suites. The premium option, the Grand Hotel Rose, was the adults only option. But when I asked one of the staff how the places compared, she just commented that the guests were “so uptight” over there. Charming.

Strangely enough the Grand Hotel guests themselves agreed, with a few of them straying into our pool area for better poolside entertainment and friendlier holidaymakers to chat to.

This aspect shouldn’t really be underestimated. At the pool, strangers really did become friends. It’s a great formula. Take a great beach side resort in the sun, add in unlimited food and drink, and allow friendship to result.

So what about the downside? In a word, wifi. It was pathetic.

Connecting took an age. I don’t know which antiquated system they have there but it needs replacing. Each guest gets a unique username and password, which can only be used for a single device. So with a couple of phones and a tablet it confused them no end why we needed extra.

In the end they gave us a pile of twenty codes. None worked, and a frustrating argument developed.

But what on earth is the risk here? It’s not as if they charge non-residents for wifi. This was completely baffling. Someone, somewhere, must have a head office procedure to follow.

Once we were able to connect reality struck that it wasn’t the fastest connection around. Email and facebook were ok, but if you need to download apps then forget it.

Coverage only extended to the lobby area and lobby bar, but I did once manage to get a signal in the “Gourmet” restaurant. Surely it can’t be difficult to extend the range to the pool area and into the rooms. Keep up Iberostar, things have moved on and you really cannot get away with this these days.

Lighting in the hallways was weak, and the whole resort appeared a little tired and in need of a makeover.

The lock on our patio door didn’t work, and although the engineer fixed it, still didn’t look like it would resist a firm shove.

The minibar was very poorly stocked indeed.

We didn’t take any trips outside the resort but they were available. There was a free shuttle to a shopping park if needed. With everything on site we felt this was just a waste of poolside time and made up for it at the airport shops. I don’t regret this at all.

With the exception of those on the front desk, all staff we talked to were great. They were really friendly and genuinely wanted to help you enjoy your stay. You could see that they took a real pride in their job.

All told, this was a really good choice for a week in the sun. Don’t expect luxury, but on the other hand, don’t expect to rough it either. Go for the weather and for the staff, but take a rest from the internet for true relaxation.

Room Tip: Go for a room near the pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are honored that you have chosen to be guests here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we would like to take this opportunity to candidly express our appreciations.
It undeniably gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you were pleased with several aspects of our resort including our friendly and courteous staff, our pools and beaches, and the services and facilities offered both here and at our sister resort the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. All in all your comments and suggestions have been well received and for areas where in your eyes we fell short, we will certainly direct these concerns to the respective departments for their deliberation.

In closing, we again thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and sincerely hope that we will have the absolute pleasure of serving you at our resort in the future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!