“Time of my life!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Time of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband took me to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for my birthday October 2012 and i had the time of my life. The resort was just lovely so clean and well kept. I love the way that it is shaped like the letter "U" so no matter where your room is you have a pretty good view. The food was awesome. I just think they need to come up with a better reservation system. We never got to try there Hibachi resturant and we tried to book it everyday we were there. Really sucked. The beach was very pretty and the land was well kept. Plenty of entertinment every night and drinks to make you feel just right.

Room Tip: Resort shaped like the letter "U" so no matter where your room is you have a pretty good v...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to vacation at our lovely resort, and we would also like to express our sincere gratitude for taking time from your busy schedule to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you had a wonderful vacation and had the time of your life while enjoying the food, the rooms and the cleanliness of our resort. We would like to point out that we have noted your suggestions and will have them conveyed to the corresponding manager.

We are privileged to have had the honor of hosting you at our resort and we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When we say all-inclusive this hotel delivers. The food, the value, sleep quality, Cleanliness, location rooms and the FOOD was perfect. it was an excellent stay and I would definitely return in a heartbeat. The grounds are kept up immaculately and the staff are all very friendly with many beyond friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We are honored to have had you, our esteemed guest, vacationing with us, and we would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments with the rest of the online community.

Your benevolent words certainly inspire us to continue improving in all areas, and to continue delivering world class customer satisfaction. It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you were overly pleased with our courteous staff, the value, sleep quality, cleanliness, ideal location, rooms, and food available at our resort.

It was definitely our pleasure hosting you at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we honestly look forward to your next visit. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Strawberry Plains, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We returned yesterday from a week long stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I would definitely return in a heartbeat. The grounds are kept up immaculately and the staff are all very friendly with many beyond friendly. We were in a room on the bottom floor meaning we really did not have a view of the ocean which was a little disappointing, but we were not in the room much anyway and where we were was close to the door to the exit at the pool which was nice. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The only thing I would request is that there be wifi in each room or at least improve the wired internet service which was some of the worst internet service I have ever experienced. It would also be nice to have some snacks in the mini fridge, but other than these two suggestions, the rooms and service to the rooms were great.

The location of the resort could not be better. The infinity pool was great because you could swim to the edge and just hang around and be right on the beach. The beach was well kept and great to look at.

My main suggestion would be regarding the food. The food was good, but not great. First of all, I understand it is Jamaica and the intent was to infuse Jamaica in all the restaurants, but a Japanese Hibachi should be Japanese. Johan, who was our chef was the best Japanese restaurant chef I had ever seen for entertainment, but please just allow the restaurant reflect the food it should be. Instead of using teriyaki sauces and having shrimp sauce and ginger to dip the food in, there was a green chili type sauce used on the meat. It just did not taste right. This is just one example, but it is the same with the other ethnic foods.

Our favorite restaurants were the gourmet, mexican, and medditeranean. The buffet for night was good as well. Also, the desserts really left a lot to be desired. They were in most all cases on the buffet and were about the quality of a cheap Chinese buffet. Having the desserts cooked and prepared fresh would go a long way. Other than these points, the food was pretty good.

One last thing relating to the food, please make it easier for making reservations. Instead of having to go to a desk and feel like I am having a credit check for a loan at a bank, work out another plan that does not seem so serious and would be able to do from our room or online. Also, there should not be a maximum amount of reservations that could be made ahead of time.

For those reading this, please note those are the only things I could find I would feel the resort could improve on and the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5. You really do need to go here if you have a chance and you will not regret it. The resort makes you feel relaxed and will make your trip enjoyable. If you get a chance, try some scuba at the dive center. It is a blast. All I have to say is 'no problem mon' .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our lovely resort, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We would also like to express our gratitude for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at our resort.

Having said that, we are delighted to have provided you with great vacation and are also pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our cleanliness of our grounds, our spacious rooms and pleasant staff.

Additionally, we would like to inform you that we have taken note of your suggestions will ensure that they are directed to the respective department managers for their cogitation.
In closing, we would again like to express our thankfulness for your kind comments and hope that we will once again have the pleasure of being your hosts in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I love weddings, I really do. I love the build up and the anticipation. I love the fact that families and friends come together for a happy occasion, and for a few hours emotions and relations are cheery. So having been lucky enough to attend a sensational New York wedding immediately before arriving at the Iberostar, my wife and I were already feeling great.

In fact we could not have chosen a better place to continue our overseas trip, as for the whole week we were in Montego Bay, the Iberostar managed to lay on a different wedding every day of our stay. Some were locals marrying and partying in an idyllic location. Some were those exchanging vows a second time around. But topping the league were a 90-strong wedding party from Colorado who seemed, for the few days that they were in residence, to be having the time of their lives.

Their vibe was infectious. They contributed to a near constant pool party, fuelled in equal measure by performance pool bar staff and a very Jamaican entertainment crew. Games around the pool ranged from bingo, to running along a water carpet, and what looked like an aquatic bucking bronco, all to a hypnotic Reggae beat. So any hopes of making a dent in my reading were quickly dashed. Debit books, credit fun!

If you’re not into Reggae, you soon will be after a stay at the Iberostar. It’s all you ever hear. Now, I don’t mind it at all, and have been searching through the pirate radio stations at home to get it, but I really object to the same tunes being repeated five of six times a day every day – particularly the one about the “cuts” and “no hesitation”. We were not alone with this complaint as I heard several lobby bar conversations voicing similar concerns. I’m amazed that with such a high occupancy rate they can’t shell out for a few more tunes.

The hotel itself was perfectly adequate for a week’s stay. Nothing flash, but everything you needed. The room was a fair size with two double beds, sofa and a good size bathroom. We were lucky. Our room was quite close to the pool area but some were a good distance away.

Food and drink were acceptable. The buffet proved repetitive after a while but served a good range of local, and international fare. Imagine jerk chicken with a side order of pizza.

The occasional lunchtime beach barbeque offered a welcome respite a couple of times during our stay. The jokes in the hype wore a little thin though. “Jerk chicken, jerk pork, jerk fish, everything there is jerk – even the chef’s a jerk!”. Thanks. But the food was plentiful, fresh, and really good, so it was worth it.

The Iberostar had a number of instantly forgettable specialty restaurants, some of which featured their own buffets. How odd. These had to be pre-booked and were rationed according to the length of stay. This proved a chore but ultimately worthwhile, so stick with it if you go.

As a bit of a try on I tried to make a reservation for a restaurant in the Rose Hall Beach hotel next door. It has the same ownership, but is operated separately. Amazingly we got away with it, and ate at the Cajun restaurant. The food was fairly predictable, but we were served by probably the nicest and most helpful waiter in a bowler hat on the island. I’d go back just to be served by him.

Fresh from our success we promptly booked the Japanese restaurant next door. This was pure theatre and sensational in every respect. Go there just for the performance. If you like the food too, as I did, then that’s a bonus.

It was a rather odd set up with the neighboring hotels. There was certainly a hierarchy, with the Rose Hall Suites clearly ranking in the middle. The Rose Hall Beach is positioned as slightly inferior, but I really couldn’t tell the difference. Certainly the restaurants and pool area there were better than at the Suites. The premium option, the Grand Hotel Rose, was the adults only option. But when I asked one of the staff how the places compared, she just commented that the guests were “so uptight” over there. Charming.

Strangely enough the Grand Hotel guests themselves agreed, with a few of them straying into our pool area for better poolside entertainment and friendlier holidaymakers to chat to.

This aspect shouldn’t really be underestimated. At the pool, strangers really did become friends. It’s a great formula. Take a great beach side resort in the sun, add in unlimited food and drink, and allow friendship to result.

So what about the downside? In a word, wifi. It was pathetic.

Connecting took an age. I don’t know which antiquated system they have there but it needs replacing. Each guest gets a unique username and password, which can only be used for a single device. So with a couple of phones and a tablet it confused them no end why we needed extra.

In the end they gave us a pile of twenty codes. None worked, and a frustrating argument developed.

But what on earth is the risk here? It’s not as if they charge non-residents for wifi. This was completely baffling. Someone, somewhere, must have a head office procedure to follow.

Once we were able to connect reality struck that it wasn’t the fastest connection around. Email and facebook were ok, but if you need to download apps then forget it.

Coverage only extended to the lobby area and lobby bar, but I did once manage to get a signal in the “Gourmet” restaurant. Surely it can’t be difficult to extend the range to the pool area and into the rooms. Keep up Iberostar, things have moved on and you really cannot get away with this these days.

Lighting in the hallways was weak, and the whole resort appeared a little tired and in need of a makeover.

The lock on our patio door didn’t work, and although the engineer fixed it, still didn’t look like it would resist a firm shove.

The minibar was very poorly stocked indeed.

We didn’t take any trips outside the resort but they were available. There was a free shuttle to a shopping park if needed. With everything on site we felt this was just a waste of poolside time and made up for it at the airport shops. I don’t regret this at all.

With the exception of those on the front desk, all staff we talked to were great. They were really friendly and genuinely wanted to help you enjoy your stay. You could see that they took a real pride in their job.

All told, this was a really good choice for a week in the sun. Don’t expect luxury, but on the other hand, don’t expect to rough it either. Go for the weather and for the staff, but take a rest from the internet for true relaxation.

Room Tip: Go for a room near the pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are honored that you have chosen to be guests here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we would like to take this opportunity to candidly express our appreciations.
It undeniably gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you were pleased with several aspects of our resort including our friendly and courteous staff, our pools and beaches, and the services and facilities offered both here and at our sister resort the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. All in all your comments and suggestions have been well received and for areas where in your eyes we fell short, we will certainly direct these concerns to the respective departments for their deliberation.

In closing, we again thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and sincerely hope that we will have the absolute pleasure of serving you at our resort in the future.

Auburn, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our second trip to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and it was just as good if not better than the first time. Me, my wife and our 2 1/2 year old daughter stayed from April 21 to April 28th and had an amazing time. The weather was excellent once again, the food was perfect and the beach and pool equal 100% relaxations. The one thing that is always going on at Rose Hall Suites is cleaning. The resort is spotless, everyone is very friendly and that what keeps us going back. The beach is never too busy the pool is always fun and the drinks are perfect. If you need anything just ask and they'll do the best they can to help you out. If you're looking for a great location, fun relaxing family vacation than Rose Hall Suites is the place to be! We're already planning our trip back in April 2014!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us to host you yet a second time around at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and also for sharing with us and the rest of the online community your view of how you spent your holiday with us.

We are extremely elated to know that you’ve had yet another amazing stay with us and that you are already planning a return trip in 2014, this is definitely good news and we earnestly look forward to your next visit. In addition, we also appreciate you mentioning a few facets that contributed to making your vacation an amazing one such as the friendliness of our staff, our beaches, pools, and the cleanliness of our resort.

As always it has certainly been a pleasure having you vacation with us. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was our first trip to Jamaica and what an incredible trip. The staff was incredible. Just innately nice and respectful. Always greeted us with hello's and smiles. That meant a lot. We went down below the hotel and was able to talk and buy from the locals which was an experience as well. Makes me really appreciate what I have. The security guards were very friendly. I was amazed how much work they put into keeping the grounds clean and perfectly manicured.

The food?!!!! OMG!!! all kinds. I don't know about anyone else. But I had the opportunity to taste foods I've never tried and still eat what I eat at home. It was absolutely great!!!

The only problem we had was the room was musty but they sent us a dehumidifier and that solved the problem No problem . I would definetly return and recommend this to my friends.

Whoever had a problem with this place? Well, I don't know what to say. I loved it.

You will definetly get the feel of ONE LOVE Mon.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the garden. It was on the 2nd floor and it was musty due to the humidity...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and also for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor about your recent holiday at our resort.

We are delighted to learn that we have contributed to making your vacation an incredible one and your kind comments will certainly motivate both management and staff alike to continue improving on our services.
It has sincerely been an absolute pleasure to have hosted you at our resort and we definitely look forward to your next visit.

Sergeant Bluff, Iowa, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly! The only thing we had issues with we're the restaurants. We felt that we were rushed and we like to visit and enjoy our meals. If we visit again I think we will just stick with the buffets. Overall we had a great stay and will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the General Manager, we would like to thank you for not only choosing to spend your vacation here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites but also for sharing with other travelers, your opinion of your stay with us.

It is indeed a cause of satisfaction to hear that you had a wonderful time at our resort and that you were pleased with the overall friendliness of our staff. We however sincerely regret hearing how you felt about the restaurants and will certainly inform the respective manager about your comments. Nevertheless, we do hope that you will once again give us the opportunity to prove to you our dedication to customer service satisfaction.

It has been a great pleasure hosting you at our resort and we do hope to offer our hospitality to you again in the near future. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!