“The Good and the Bad..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Toronto
“The Good and the Bad..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just returned from the resort.We stayed March 11-18 with two teenage daughters. I am going to be quite honest and remember this is only my opinion. I rely on other tripadvisor comments to give me opinion prior to booking so I hope this review helps..remember my opinion only.

The GOOD:
The people are wonderful and I hope after I mention names that they recognize these people for their outstanding service. Radrick at the swim up bar, Lance and Damion at check -in, Tamele and Cassandra at the pool and Sonia our waitress at the buffet. They gave outstanding service and should be commended because its because of that level of service that people tell others. I cant forget Whelan and Lucic at the lobby bar...really great service!!!

Check-in was smooth. We had emailed the hotel one week prior to our arrival to make a request for a room on a higher floor with a great view. I was impressed that I receive a response from Toffel and Andrew in Public Relations within 24 hours of sending my email. Their response stated that they would do their absoloute best and they did. Thank you for the service.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool area is very clean with bar service all day long. Please make sure you tip those young ladies walking around getting drinks and picking up empty glasses they work so hard and the heat did not make their job easy..they smiled all day long.

The Star Friends were great. Stingray, VIP, Chin, Sweetness and OMG all so much fun and friendly. Brendan was a new Trainee and he too was so great with our girls and I really hope they hire him full time because he is such a people person!

The rooms were spacious and clean..no complaints. Our maid was good. We tipped her at the beginning of our vacation and asked her to do our room early in the morning so we could go back and relax early afternoon. She accomodated us and did a great job. I think her name was Marlene...we were in 4429. Great room and great view of the pool and ocean. All rooms are great views so no need to upgrade...

I feel terrible but I need to be honest there were areas that need huge improvement. We have travelled with our kids once a year since our oldest was 8 months old and she is now 16. We have been to many other destinations including Mexico, Dominican and Jamaica. Again this is only my opinions but I hope they may be helpful to some.

THE BAD:

It was hard to get into the restaurants but we did take what was available. Our favorite was the Japanese and the Steak house. We could not get into the gourmet or the Mexican. The meditteranean was terrible and we had a 9:00pm reservation so it was late. Food was cold and not impressive.

The food in my opinion needs much improvement in the buffet. Yes people are right there is selection but most nights at the buffet it was the same old. Yes they had theme nights but they werent great. To me this hotel was rated a five star and no way when it comes to food would I agree. I would go as far as saying it bordered on terrible. Again their is selection but its the same selection on the buffet except for the few changes each night based on their "theme" nights
The jerk chicken which we loved in Runaway Bay here was done differently. Instead of marinating the chickens in Jerk sauce the chicken was grilled and then you put jerk sauce on top. It was good but after going to Ocho Rios at the Riu and Gran Bahia in Runaway I much preferred to food selection, and preperation in Jamaica at those to resorts.

We had mold in our shower when we got there and blood stains on one set of sheets when we got to our room. Our television did not work and so we went down to Pubic Realtions and spoke with Toffel all matter were resloved within a few hours..thank you BUT a shower with MOLD going up the tiles is just poor cleanliness on the part of the maintenance department of that hotel. After the disinfected and bleached the shower there were no signs of mold. Here's a tip to the general mamger, Sonia...those things should be done prior to your guests checking into their rooms.

The lazy river is way to lazy..get it moving it was empty because there was no current and they only had 4 tubes to ride the lazy river on.

Have more lively activites at the pool. The star friends are great but you need to have more lively because once the 3:00pm time hit and our star friends came out to play games and activities and did their dance and the music started..people gathered at the pool and go involved. Stop apologizing and saying we are sorry for disturbing those at the pool trying to rest...go to the quiet area or the beach. By not wanting to offend those seeking quiet you offend those looking for a lttle fun and interaction. Find a happy medium because we found it quiet and boring.

Tipping is important people and those that have "trainee" after their names do not get paid by the resort while they are in training do not get paid while they are in training so show them some love..a few dollars goes along way!!!

Would I go back no I would not. The only resort that we went back to twice was Ocean Blue and Sand in Punta Cana. We try to go to new places each year but this one was not one of my better picks. I hope that people take my opinions with a grain of salt and realize they are to help those with little tips about the resort.

You may love it...

Room Tip: All rooms were good in my opinion..I had 4429
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to express our sincere gratitude for choosing to spend your vacation with us as well as taking the time out to share with the rest of the online community your view of your stay with us.

We are extremely thrilled to understand that you enjoyed several aspects of our resort including the comfortable rooms, the cleanliness of the resort and our friendly and attentive staff just to name a few. Having said that we are sincerely disheartened to understand that you were not overly pleased with the food in our restaurants and the entertainment activities provided, your concerns and recommendations will certainly be forwarded to the respective managers for their consideration.

We are however extremely thankful that these isolated issues did not affect the overall quality of your stay at our hotel and we sincerely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you again at our resort.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Czech first
peterborough,ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

First off let me say i have been to a lot of places anywhere from a 3 star to a 5. I am a little picky with food. As for iberostar rose hall suites you have nothing to worry about! The staff and people are super friendly, food was amazing both at the buffet and the a la cartes. Variety was amazing, i couldnt get over how much food to choose from. The drinks were good not watered down at all, in fact i found some a little strong. I brought my kids and they enjoyed the waterpark and also the kids club. The room was clean, bright and had lots of room. We ordered room service and it came within the 30 min time guarantee and it was hot. ( menu is limited though). I would highly recommend this place to all. Just a tip when you get there book your a la cartes as the reservations fill up quickly. Entertainment was also very enjoyable with the kids show and also the adults one with the fire breathing show. We even took a cab into downtown and felt safe our cabbie gave us a tour and showed us around.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for vacationing with us. In addition, we would like to express to you our sincere gratitude, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

We are genuinely thrilled to know that you have enjoyed the room, our friendly and hospitable staff ,the water park and kids club and the wide variety of food and drink available throughout your stay.

With your recent trip to Iberostar being such a positive one, we are quite confident that you will again be staying at our lovely property and as such, we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

One week was not enough!! Outstanding service in all domain. What makes the difference is the very human approach from the staff and employee at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I was there on holidays but could see as well many advantages to be on business at that hotel which is near the airport but still isolated for tranquility.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the General Manager of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort to spend your vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on how your holiday went with Iberostar.
We are genuinely thrilled to know that you have enjoyed the resort and actually could not get enough of our wonderful service. Such a comment motivates us to continue improving and we truthfully hope we will again be able to offer our services to you in the near future. Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you would rather hang out with a group of wealthy, stuffy and fearful tourists than experience the real Jamaica, this is the spot for you. The hotel replaced the traditional ' no problem' Jamaica attitude with rules and fear- mongering about going outside the resort. That being said, the resort, amenities and food were amazing. The staff is really friendly, but they are paid ( very little) to be on their best behaviour at all times. Don't expect any of the typical Jamaican flavour. You probably won't even hear patois if u stay in this resort. I was really happy I stayed here at the end of my trip after I had a chance to tour around and see the real Jamaica. Jamaica is like anywhere else, there are dangerous areas and there is crime, but the people are amazing and willing to help. I toured all around and had no problems. Go out and help the people of Jamaica and their economy, spend money outside of these tourist traps. This place is wayyy overpriced as well. Don't use the ATM or exchange services here, go to a bank in town. If you book a tour out of the resort, be prepare to pay double. Hope this was helpful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire management team and all staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for being our valued guest and also for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with the rest of the online community, your experience with us.
With that being said we like to that this opportunity to express our sincere regrets for any dissatisfaction you may have experienced with our resort. We will certainly pass your comments along to each respective manager so they can have it under consideration.
However, we are pleased to know that you did enjoy the food, the wonderful amenities provided and the last but not least warm and friendly service from our staff. We are indeed also happy to hear that you were able to explore Jamaica beyond Iberostar and moreover that you were supportive of our country and all it has to offer.

We again thank you for choosing Iberostar and sincerely hope that we will once again have the opportunity to prove to you our dedication to excellent customer service and satisfaction

De Pere, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here in mid February 2013 as a part of a Packer Fan Tours trip & we all had a blast!
The workers were all SO friendly, helpful, and happy! That really makes your day when people around you are happy, I felt like they were excited to be at work which was nice.
The pools are amazing, one of the best features of this resort. The swim up bar and infinity pool was great. They also did discover scuba lessons in the pool. I HIGHLY recommend diving with Dressel Divers Jamaica which is down the beach, right by the Rose Hall Beach Resort. They are amazing there! I started my SCUBA certification there & I am actually going back in April to finish it with them. I had a blast, the people that work there make sure you are kept safe and make it so much fun! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dressel. Craig was my diver master/instructor and was absolutely fantastic! Marie helped me book my dives and classroom/pool dives and she was so helpful & always so happy. Mario was very fun & helpful, he used to train sharks & dolphins which I found so interesting! All of the people at Dressel Divers were fantastic, absolutely wonderful & diving there REALLY made my vacation! We saw lion fish, people on the boat saw eels, sting rays, a nurse shark, etc. The boat ride was 5 minutes max! The water was beautiful, it was clear, & the dive equipment was well taken care of & I felt completely safe with them. If you are considering a dive, dive early in your vacation, you will want to dive again! If you are considering starting your SCUBA certification, start it right away so you have time to finish it. :) The people that work at Dressel Divers Jamaica really deserve a raise, they are wonderful, fun, and overall great people!

Our room was great! Turn down service was offered every single night, which we declined but still got the chocolates. ;) Room service was very nice, especially for when our youngest was napping. I ordered a fruit plate late at night & saved it, I put it in the mini fridge for in the morning for the kids and myself, since I like to eat right away when I wake up.

Our room had 2 double beds, a balcony, & a pull out couch. The room was a decent size. Not huge & not cramped, even with 2 adults & 3 kids. (Kids ages: 3, 5, & 6) The only complaint I have about the room was that it got kind of moist, the humidity was bad, although we were in other people's rooms & theirs wasn't humid likes ours was. We did turn off the air conditioning though, this is probably why it was humid. In the bathroom there was no fan either, which kind of sucked & made it even more humid. The balcony has a rack to dry your clothes which was perfect! We had a nice view too.

There's a kids water park area that our kids LOVED! It is very nice, a wading pool sort of thing with a huge bucket that tips & dumps water, slides, & little spray things. You cannot bring food or drink in there though, so eat & drink before or after you plan on going there.

The hotel was very kept. Always clean & tidy!

The beach was very clean, & kept up. Workers were on the beach raking up leaves that had fallen as well as washed up seaweed/sea leaves etc. It was beautiful!

If you want to buy souvenirs, all the way down the beach, near Dressel Divers, there are some locals selling souvenirs. There is a guard at the end of the beach & you are NOT allowed over there past 6 pm. I purchased a few things from these guys whom were very nice. I did get asked if I wanted "anything special" aka ganja, which I declined of course & wasn't asked after I declined. I bought my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee from them. They also sell some of the same things that the hotel souvenirs shops sell, but with the beach guys of course these items are cheaper. I got a really cute Jamaican dread locks hat for my son, that was a hit. :) They sell wooden carvings & necklaces, clothes, etc. I only went in the first hut on the beach, as I was alone with my 5 year old daughter and didn't want to go too far alone. There were other people who said that it was safe, but I wanted to get in & get out of there because I always hear not to go off of the resort. Just make sure to get there before 6 pm so you can get your shopping done there.

I was concerned about the food because I am a vegetarian & was worried about finding something that I'd be able to eat at every meal. They were extremely accommodating, and the vegetarian dishes were delicious! I highly recommend the "make your own pasta bar" where you tell the chef what type of noodle you'd like, the type of sauce & veggies/cheese in it, etc. & they make it right in front of you! That is very quick & was awesome! They also had a TON of fresh fruit with a great variety at EVERY meal! I was so happy about that, considering my kids also eat pounds of fruit like I do. :) The desserts were OK. I am a sugar fan, I like my desserts sweet with lots of flavor. They had a huge selection of desserts, although the flavor in my opinion was lacking... they were bland. My kids and I LOVED their ice cream flavors though. My favorite was Rum Raisin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by saying thank you very much for choosing to be valued guests of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. In addition, I would like to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to write a review for Trip advisor about your experience at our hotel.

It gives us a great deal of satisfaction to know that we have contributed to our guests' happiness. Your kind comments about our cleanliness, rooms, beach, children’s water park, food and Dressel Divers will also go a far way in further motivating our team to continue improving. We will certainly inform all the persons mentioned above that they have helped towards making your holiday special. That being said, we would like to express our regrets if you were disappointed with the deserts at the buffet and will certainly share your comments with the respective manager for their consideration.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just arrived home from Iberostar Suites. Very beautiful hotel.I would recommend the buffet over the ala cartes. The Mexican restaurant was terrible. The Steakhouse was ok but would not recommend. Buffet has something different everyday.Lots of choices.

The beach is pretty.You can't walk very far so if you are looking for exercise very limited walking.

If you are wanting to relax over dinner it's not possible.Felt like you were being rushed. Some good waitstaff but some very rude ones as well.

They have a group of entertainers called Star Friends.They are good if you enjoy activities at the pool.

First time we have experienced an all inclusive and can say not a big fan. I would recommend if you are drinking.

I would recommend the hotel.We upgraded from the Beaches to the Suites.Spend the extra money it's worth it. We enjoyed our stay just a few tips if you are planning a trip.

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for not only choosing to be guest s of Iberostar Rose Hal Suites, but also for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your experience with us.
With that being said, we sincerely regret hearing that you felt rushed at the restaurants but however assure you that this certainly not indicative of our standards of operation and we will certainly inform the restaurant manager of your concern in order to avoid any shared opinions by other travellers. We are also extremely pleased to know that you did enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the fact that you did not particularly enjoy our Mexican restaurant and are also very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the Buffet. We will certainly continue to make every effort to maintain the highest standards.

We genuinely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of being your hosts in the near future and as such, we look forward to seeing you again.

new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is beautiful.The grounds,rooms and lobby are great.The people at the resort are the nicest people you could meet.Security kept the vendors off the beach.Bar service and drinks were great.We were so disappointed in the buffets.While there was a great slection it is no where near the selection we have had at a coupleof different Riu's.The food was OK but looking at the rest of the resort it didn't match up to the greatness of the rest of the place. We even went from the suites to the regular hotel because the buffet was better there.We were there with a group of 150 people and the average was the biggest comment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff and Managers of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites we would like to take this opportunity for choosing Iberostar out of myriads of hotel to spend your vacation and to also take the time out to write about your experience with us.

We feel honoured to hear that you were breathe taken by our beautiful and well-kept ground, lovely suites and enjoyed the magnificent drinks prepared by our artistic bar staff. It saddens us to know that to know that you were disappointed with our buffet but never the less we appreciate your honest comment.

Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation we do hope we will be given the opportunity to offer our hospitality to you once more

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!