“JAMAICA IS SPECTACULAR” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
peterborough,ontario
“JAMAICA IS SPECTACULAR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

First off let me say i have been to a lot of places anywhere from a 3 star to a 5. I am a little picky with food. As for iberostar rose hall suites you have nothing to worry about! The staff and people are super friendly, food was amazing both at the buffet and the a la cartes. Variety was amazing, i couldnt get over how much food to choose from. The drinks were good not watered down at all, in fact i found some a little strong. I brought my kids and they enjoyed the waterpark and also the kids club. The room was clean, bright and had lots of room. We ordered room service and it came within the 30 min time guarantee and it was hot. ( menu is limited though). I would highly recommend this place to all. Just a tip when you get there book your a la cartes as the reservations fill up quickly. Entertainment was also very enjoyable with the kids show and also the adults one with the fire breathing show. We even took a cab into downtown and felt safe our cabbie gave us a tour and showed us around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for vacationing with us. In addition, we would like to express to you our sincere gratitude, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

We are genuinely thrilled to know that you have enjoyed the room, our friendly and hospitable staff ,the water park and kids club and the wide variety of food and drink available throughout your stay.

With your recent trip to Iberostar being such a positive one, we are quite confident that you will again be staying at our lovely property and as such, we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Czech first
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

One week was not enough!! Outstanding service in all domain. What makes the difference is the very human approach from the staff and employee at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I was there on holidays but could see as well many advantages to be on business at that hotel which is near the airport but still isolated for tranquility.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the General Manager of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort to spend your vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on how your holiday went with Iberostar.
We are genuinely thrilled to know that you have enjoyed the resort and actually could not get enough of our wonderful service. Such a comment motivates us to continue improving and we truthfully hope we will again be able to offer our services to you in the near future. Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you would rather hang out with a group of wealthy, stuffy and fearful tourists than experience the real Jamaica, this is the spot for you. The hotel replaced the traditional ' no problem' Jamaica attitude with rules and fear- mongering about going outside the resort. That being said, the resort, amenities and food were amazing. The staff is really friendly, but they are paid ( very little) to be on their best behaviour at all times. Don't expect any of the typical Jamaican flavour. You probably won't even hear patois if u stay in this resort. I was really happy I stayed here at the end of my trip after I had a chance to tour around and see the real Jamaica. Jamaica is like anywhere else, there are dangerous areas and there is crime, but the people are amazing and willing to help. I toured all around and had no problems. Go out and help the people of Jamaica and their economy, spend money outside of these tourist traps. This place is wayyy overpriced as well. Don't use the ATM or exchange services here, go to a bank in town. If you book a tour out of the resort, be prepare to pay double. Hope this was helpful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire management team and all staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for being our valued guest and also for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with the rest of the online community, your experience with us.
With that being said we like to that this opportunity to express our sincere regrets for any dissatisfaction you may have experienced with our resort. We will certainly pass your comments along to each respective manager so they can have it under consideration.
However, we are pleased to know that you did enjoy the food, the wonderful amenities provided and the last but not least warm and friendly service from our staff. We are indeed also happy to hear that you were able to explore Jamaica beyond Iberostar and moreover that you were supportive of our country and all it has to offer.

We again thank you for choosing Iberostar and sincerely hope that we will once again have the opportunity to prove to you our dedication to excellent customer service and satisfaction

De Pere, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here in mid February 2013 as a part of a Packer Fan Tours trip & we all had a blast!
The workers were all SO friendly, helpful, and happy! That really makes your day when people around you are happy, I felt like they were excited to be at work which was nice.
The pools are amazing, one of the best features of this resort. The swim up bar and infinity pool was great. They also did discover scuba lessons in the pool. I HIGHLY recommend diving with Dressel Divers Jamaica which is down the beach, right by the Rose Hall Beach Resort. They are amazing there! I started my SCUBA certification there & I am actually going back in April to finish it with them. I had a blast, the people that work there make sure you are kept safe and make it so much fun! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dressel. Craig was my diver master/instructor and was absolutely fantastic! Marie helped me book my dives and classroom/pool dives and she was so helpful & always so happy. Mario was very fun & helpful, he used to train sharks & dolphins which I found so interesting! All of the people at Dressel Divers were fantastic, absolutely wonderful & diving there REALLY made my vacation! We saw lion fish, people on the boat saw eels, sting rays, a nurse shark, etc. The boat ride was 5 minutes max! The water was beautiful, it was clear, & the dive equipment was well taken care of & I felt completely safe with them. If you are considering a dive, dive early in your vacation, you will want to dive again! If you are considering starting your SCUBA certification, start it right away so you have time to finish it. :) The people that work at Dressel Divers Jamaica really deserve a raise, they are wonderful, fun, and overall great people!

Our room was great! Turn down service was offered every single night, which we declined but still got the chocolates. ;) Room service was very nice, especially for when our youngest was napping. I ordered a fruit plate late at night & saved it, I put it in the mini fridge for in the morning for the kids and myself, since I like to eat right away when I wake up.

Our room had 2 double beds, a balcony, & a pull out couch. The room was a decent size. Not huge & not cramped, even with 2 adults & 3 kids. (Kids ages: 3, 5, & 6) The only complaint I have about the room was that it got kind of moist, the humidity was bad, although we were in other people's rooms & theirs wasn't humid likes ours was. We did turn off the air conditioning though, this is probably why it was humid. In the bathroom there was no fan either, which kind of sucked & made it even more humid. The balcony has a rack to dry your clothes which was perfect! We had a nice view too.

There's a kids water park area that our kids LOVED! It is very nice, a wading pool sort of thing with a huge bucket that tips & dumps water, slides, & little spray things. You cannot bring food or drink in there though, so eat & drink before or after you plan on going there.

The hotel was very kept. Always clean & tidy!

The beach was very clean, & kept up. Workers were on the beach raking up leaves that had fallen as well as washed up seaweed/sea leaves etc. It was beautiful!

If you want to buy souvenirs, all the way down the beach, near Dressel Divers, there are some locals selling souvenirs. There is a guard at the end of the beach & you are NOT allowed over there past 6 pm. I purchased a few things from these guys whom were very nice. I did get asked if I wanted "anything special" aka ganja, which I declined of course & wasn't asked after I declined. I bought my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee from them. They also sell some of the same things that the hotel souvenirs shops sell, but with the beach guys of course these items are cheaper. I got a really cute Jamaican dread locks hat for my son, that was a hit. :) They sell wooden carvings & necklaces, clothes, etc. I only went in the first hut on the beach, as I was alone with my 5 year old daughter and didn't want to go too far alone. There were other people who said that it was safe, but I wanted to get in & get out of there because I always hear not to go off of the resort. Just make sure to get there before 6 pm so you can get your shopping done there.

I was concerned about the food because I am a vegetarian & was worried about finding something that I'd be able to eat at every meal. They were extremely accommodating, and the vegetarian dishes were delicious! I highly recommend the "make your own pasta bar" where you tell the chef what type of noodle you'd like, the type of sauce & veggies/cheese in it, etc. & they make it right in front of you! That is very quick & was awesome! They also had a TON of fresh fruit with a great variety at EVERY meal! I was so happy about that, considering my kids also eat pounds of fruit like I do. :) The desserts were OK. I am a sugar fan, I like my desserts sweet with lots of flavor. They had a huge selection of desserts, although the flavor in my opinion was lacking... they were bland. My kids and I LOVED their ice cream flavors though. My favorite was Rum Raisin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by saying thank you very much for choosing to be valued guests of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. In addition, I would like to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to write a review for Trip advisor about your experience at our hotel.

It gives us a great deal of satisfaction to know that we have contributed to our guests' happiness. Your kind comments about our cleanliness, rooms, beach, children’s water park, food and Dressel Divers will also go a far way in further motivating our team to continue improving. We will certainly inform all the persons mentioned above that they have helped towards making your holiday special. That being said, we would like to express our regrets if you were disappointed with the deserts at the buffet and will certainly share your comments with the respective manager for their consideration.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just arrived home from Iberostar Suites. Very beautiful hotel.I would recommend the buffet over the ala cartes. The Mexican restaurant was terrible. The Steakhouse was ok but would not recommend. Buffet has something different everyday.Lots of choices.

The beach is pretty.You can't walk very far so if you are looking for exercise very limited walking.

If you are wanting to relax over dinner it's not possible.Felt like you were being rushed. Some good waitstaff but some very rude ones as well.

They have a group of entertainers called Star Friends.They are good if you enjoy activities at the pool.

First time we have experienced an all inclusive and can say not a big fan. I would recommend if you are drinking.

I would recommend the hotel.We upgraded from the Beaches to the Suites.Spend the extra money it's worth it. We enjoyed our stay just a few tips if you are planning a trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for not only choosing to be guest s of Iberostar Rose Hal Suites, but also for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your experience with us.
With that being said, we sincerely regret hearing that you felt rushed at the restaurants but however assure you that this certainly not indicative of our standards of operation and we will certainly inform the restaurant manager of your concern in order to avoid any shared opinions by other travellers. We are also extremely pleased to know that you did enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the fact that you did not particularly enjoy our Mexican restaurant and are also very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the Buffet. We will certainly continue to make every effort to maintain the highest standards.

We genuinely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of being your hosts in the near future and as such, we look forward to seeing you again.

new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is beautiful.The grounds,rooms and lobby are great.The people at the resort are the nicest people you could meet.Security kept the vendors off the beach.Bar service and drinks were great.We were so disappointed in the buffets.While there was a great slection it is no where near the selection we have had at a coupleof different Riu's.The food was OK but looking at the rest of the resort it didn't match up to the greatness of the rest of the place. We even went from the suites to the regular hotel because the buffet was better there.We were there with a group of 150 people and the average was the biggest comment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff and Managers of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites we would like to take this opportunity for choosing Iberostar out of myriads of hotel to spend your vacation and to also take the time out to write about your experience with us.

We feel honoured to hear that you were breathe taken by our beautiful and well-kept ground, lovely suites and enjoyed the magnificent drinks prepared by our artistic bar staff. It saddens us to know that to know that you were disappointed with our buffet but never the less we appreciate your honest comment.

Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation we do hope we will be given the opportunity to offer our hospitality to you once more

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in the Rose Hall Suites and its only a short distance from the airport. As some other reviews said it may be faster to cab. We had the shuttle to the hotel but we had to wait about an hour and a half before we left and headed to the hotel and on return we had to be in the hotel lobby for 1130am for a 315pm flight. The drivers were fun and informative but I thought I would mention it in case you aren't the type that likes to sit around waiting. The property itself has 3 hotels side by side. The Suites sit in the middle of The Grand and The Beaches. You can go to The Beaches but the Grand is completely private and Adult only. We do not have children but the staff loved playing with all the kids and couldn't do enough for anyone. The were great! Other than the hotel staff, locals are not allowed on the beaches. We found the hotel to be beautiful and the gardens were very well maintained. The rooms are large suites with a great balcony. We went to the buffet a number of times and we thought it had a wide selection so no one should be unhappy. We also went to the Mediterranean, French, and steakhouse restaurant and they were all delicious. The drinks were never watered down like some resorts I have been too. The pools and beach were both nice and we never had a problem finding a place to lounge. The pools at the Suites included an infinity pool and also a lazy river. Because this is a family resort at times you could hear kids making noise in the halls very early in the morning and such so if that is something that may bother you I would suggest staying at the Grand instead. Although, adults can be just as loud (haha). The hotel has plenty of daily activities that you can participate in and also shows in the evening. Other activities we enjoyed were the catamaran and parasailing. For just 10US a person a guide will take you out in the catamaran. There is no grand destination as they take you to a sandbar some distance out. Its just nice to see the beach/hotel from a distance and enjoy the ride. There was two of us that parasailed together. The cost was only 75US single person but for two people it was 120US. If you have never tried it; be adventurous and give it a go. We loved it! We had a great experience at this hotel and we will definitely be back to Jamaica again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the pool and ocean.