“Friendly & happy staff, great service! Food, pools, diving, beach, etc.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Friendly & happy staff, great service! Food, pools, diving, beach, etc.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here in mid February 2013 as a part of a Packer Fan Tours trip & we all had a blast!
The workers were all SO friendly, helpful, and happy! That really makes your day when people around you are happy, I felt like they were excited to be at work which was nice.
The pools are amazing, one of the best features of this resort. The swim up bar and infinity pool was great. They also did discover scuba lessons in the pool. I HIGHLY recommend diving with Dressel Divers Jamaica which is down the beach, right by the Rose Hall Beach Resort. They are amazing there! I started my SCUBA certification there & I am actually going back in April to finish it with them. I had a blast, the people that work there make sure you are kept safe and make it so much fun! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dressel. Craig was my diver master/instructor and was absolutely fantastic! Marie helped me book my dives and classroom/pool dives and she was so helpful & always so happy. Mario was very fun & helpful, he used to train sharks & dolphins which I found so interesting! All of the people at Dressel Divers were fantastic, absolutely wonderful & diving there REALLY made my vacation! We saw lion fish, people on the boat saw eels, sting rays, a nurse shark, etc. The boat ride was 5 minutes max! The water was beautiful, it was clear, & the dive equipment was well taken care of & I felt completely safe with them. If you are considering a dive, dive early in your vacation, you will want to dive again! If you are considering starting your SCUBA certification, start it right away so you have time to finish it. :) The people that work at Dressel Divers Jamaica really deserve a raise, they are wonderful, fun, and overall great people!

Our room was great! Turn down service was offered every single night, which we declined but still got the chocolates. ;) Room service was very nice, especially for when our youngest was napping. I ordered a fruit plate late at night & saved it, I put it in the mini fridge for in the morning for the kids and myself, since I like to eat right away when I wake up.

Our room had 2 double beds, a balcony, & a pull out couch. The room was a decent size. Not huge & not cramped, even with 2 adults & 3 kids. (Kids ages: 3, 5, & 6) The only complaint I have about the room was that it got kind of moist, the humidity was bad, although we were in other people's rooms & theirs wasn't humid likes ours was. We did turn off the air conditioning though, this is probably why it was humid. In the bathroom there was no fan either, which kind of sucked & made it even more humid. The balcony has a rack to dry your clothes which was perfect! We had a nice view too.

There's a kids water park area that our kids LOVED! It is very nice, a wading pool sort of thing with a huge bucket that tips & dumps water, slides, & little spray things. You cannot bring food or drink in there though, so eat & drink before or after you plan on going there.

The hotel was very kept. Always clean & tidy!

The beach was very clean, & kept up. Workers were on the beach raking up leaves that had fallen as well as washed up seaweed/sea leaves etc. It was beautiful!

If you want to buy souvenirs, all the way down the beach, near Dressel Divers, there are some locals selling souvenirs. There is a guard at the end of the beach & you are NOT allowed over there past 6 pm. I purchased a few things from these guys whom were very nice. I did get asked if I wanted "anything special" aka ganja, which I declined of course & wasn't asked after I declined. I bought my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee from them. They also sell some of the same things that the hotel souvenirs shops sell, but with the beach guys of course these items are cheaper. I got a really cute Jamaican dread locks hat for my son, that was a hit. :) They sell wooden carvings & necklaces, clothes, etc. I only went in the first hut on the beach, as I was alone with my 5 year old daughter and didn't want to go too far alone. There were other people who said that it was safe, but I wanted to get in & get out of there because I always hear not to go off of the resort. Just make sure to get there before 6 pm so you can get your shopping done there.

I was concerned about the food because I am a vegetarian & was worried about finding something that I'd be able to eat at every meal. They were extremely accommodating, and the vegetarian dishes were delicious! I highly recommend the "make your own pasta bar" where you tell the chef what type of noodle you'd like, the type of sauce & veggies/cheese in it, etc. & they make it right in front of you! That is very quick & was awesome! They also had a TON of fresh fruit with a great variety at EVERY meal! I was so happy about that, considering my kids also eat pounds of fruit like I do. :) The desserts were OK. I am a sugar fan, I like my desserts sweet with lots of flavor. They had a huge selection of desserts, although the flavor in my opinion was lacking... they were bland. My kids and I LOVED their ice cream flavors though. My favorite was Rum Raisin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by saying thank you very much for choosing to be valued guests of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. In addition, I would like to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to write a review for Trip advisor about your experience at our hotel.

It gives us a great deal of satisfaction to know that we have contributed to our guests' happiness. Your kind comments about our cleanliness, rooms, beach, children’s water park, food and Dressel Divers will also go a far way in further motivating our team to continue improving. We will certainly inform all the persons mentioned above that they have helped towards making your holiday special. That being said, we would like to express our regrets if you were disappointed with the deserts at the buffet and will certainly share your comments with the respective manager for their consideration.

With your recent trip to Iberostar being such a positive one, we are quite confident that you will again be staying at our lovely property and as such, we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just arrived home from Iberostar Suites. Very beautiful hotel.I would recommend the buffet over the ala cartes. The Mexican restaurant was terrible. The Steakhouse was ok but would not recommend. Buffet has something different everyday.Lots of choices.

The beach is pretty.You can't walk very far so if you are looking for exercise very limited walking.

If you are wanting to relax over dinner it's not possible.Felt like you were being rushed. Some good waitstaff but some very rude ones as well.

They have a group of entertainers called Star Friends.They are good if you enjoy activities at the pool.

First time we have experienced an all inclusive and can say not a big fan. I would recommend if you are drinking.

I would recommend the hotel.We upgraded from the Beaches to the Suites.Spend the extra money it's worth it. We enjoyed our stay just a few tips if you are planning a trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for not only choosing to be guest s of Iberostar Rose Hal Suites, but also for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your experience with us.
With that being said, we sincerely regret hearing that you felt rushed at the restaurants but however assure you that this certainly not indicative of our standards of operation and we will certainly inform the restaurant manager of your concern in order to avoid any shared opinions by other travellers. We are also extremely pleased to know that you did enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the fact that you did not particularly enjoy our Mexican restaurant and are also very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the Buffet. We will certainly continue to make every effort to maintain the highest standards.

We genuinely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of being your hosts in the near future and as such, we look forward to seeing you again.

new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is beautiful.The grounds,rooms and lobby are great.The people at the resort are the nicest people you could meet.Security kept the vendors off the beach.Bar service and drinks were great.We were so disappointed in the buffets.While there was a great slection it is no where near the selection we have had at a coupleof different Riu's.The food was OK but looking at the rest of the resort it didn't match up to the greatness of the rest of the place. We even went from the suites to the regular hotel because the buffet was better there.We were there with a group of 150 people and the average was the biggest comment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff and Managers of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites we would like to take this opportunity for choosing Iberostar out of myriads of hotel to spend your vacation and to also take the time out to write about your experience with us.

We feel honoured to hear that you were breathe taken by our beautiful and well-kept ground, lovely suites and enjoyed the magnificent drinks prepared by our artistic bar staff. It saddens us to know that to know that you were disappointed with our buffet but never the less we appreciate your honest comment.

Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation we do hope we will be given the opportunity to offer our hospitality to you once more

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in the Rose Hall Suites and its only a short distance from the airport. As some other reviews said it may be faster to cab. We had the shuttle to the hotel but we had to wait about an hour and a half before we left and headed to the hotel and on return we had to be in the hotel lobby for 1130am for a 315pm flight. The drivers were fun and informative but I thought I would mention it in case you aren't the type that likes to sit around waiting. The property itself has 3 hotels side by side. The Suites sit in the middle of The Grand and The Beaches. You can go to The Beaches but the Grand is completely private and Adult only. We do not have children but the staff loved playing with all the kids and couldn't do enough for anyone. The were great! Other than the hotel staff, locals are not allowed on the beaches. We found the hotel to be beautiful and the gardens were very well maintained. The rooms are large suites with a great balcony. We went to the buffet a number of times and we thought it had a wide selection so no one should be unhappy. We also went to the Mediterranean, French, and steakhouse restaurant and they were all delicious. The drinks were never watered down like some resorts I have been too. The pools and beach were both nice and we never had a problem finding a place to lounge. The pools at the Suites included an infinity pool and also a lazy river. Because this is a family resort at times you could hear kids making noise in the halls very early in the morning and such so if that is something that may bother you I would suggest staying at the Grand instead. Although, adults can be just as loud (haha). The hotel has plenty of daily activities that you can participate in and also shows in the evening. Other activities we enjoyed were the catamaran and parasailing. For just 10US a person a guide will take you out in the catamaran. There is no grand destination as they take you to a sandbar some distance out. Its just nice to see the beach/hotel from a distance and enjoy the ride. There was two of us that parasailed together. The cost was only 75US single person but for two people it was 120US. If you have never tried it; be adventurous and give it a go. We loved it! We had a great experience at this hotel and we will definitely be back to Jamaica again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the pool and ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you to stay at Iberostar. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with other travellers your opinion of your holiday at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

We are thrilled to hear that you have had a fabulous holiday. I t is a cause of satisfaction to know that you enjoyed ambience and the facility that we have created for you. We are pleased to know that the excellent meals prepared in our exquisite restaurant liven your palates, our lovely suites with breathtaking views, our fun pool and relaxing beach and last but not least the unmeasured hard work our staff have contributed in your vacation.

In final conclusion of our appreciation we thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel to offer our excellent service.

Ripon, Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I absolutely love this resort! We had stayed here two years ago and couldn't wait to go back. We have traveled with the same group of friends the last three years, and all of us agree this is our favorite place to visit. The things we like the best are as follows:
The people working at the resort are the best. They are very friendly and accomodating from the entertainers and bartenders down to the people cleaning the property. From Renae at the pool to Cecille in the cigar bar, when the week was over it felt like we were saying good bye to friends. That is the number one reason we will return.
The layout of the property is also very nice. Everything is in close proximity to your room. Also, wether you choose to lounge by the beach or the pool, there is enough space to feel relaxed.
There is something for everyone. If you are looking to relax, you can go to the spa, lay on the beach and go to the cigar bar. If you want more action, there are kayaks and catamarans, entertainment by the pool, karoake, and the late night disco.
The rooms are spacious and clean, as is the resort. The food is good, and the atmosphere perfect for a getaway.
I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management team and all the staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing to be valued guests of lovely property once again. In addition, to take the time out to write such a well-crafted review of the wonderful experience you had with us.
It fills our hearts with the most joy to read such a review and how much we have contributed in giving you and your wife the perfect vacation. You could not thank the staff enough as they worked really hard to provide the level of service you are expecting from us. We will most definitely pass on your kind comment to Cecile, Renee and the entire entertainment and Bar staff for the wonderful work they have done.
We look forward to your next visit and is confident that you will be given our excellent service once again.

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Rose Hall Suites over President's weekend (2/14 - 2/19/13). The hotel was beautiful and the staff could not do enough for you. There were ten of us with four kids ages 4,6,13 and 16.
Pros: A quick ride from the airport. We stayed in Negril a few years ago and it was 90 mins from airport so that was nice. Mexican Restaurant was delicious. We celebrated my mother's 70th birthday in the gourmet restaurant, they served us champagne and brought out a beautiful dessert with candles. The pools and beach were nice, we were always able to get a chairs. Drinks were great, not watered down at all. Tips go a long way, please be nice to your housekeepers and bar tenders. The free scuba lesson was great in the pool. A must is to go to Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville. The water trampolines and slides were great.

Cons: The beds were uncomfortable. The buffet was just ok, we have been to other all - inclusives that were amazing. The fruit was not ripe and I would have expected fresh squeeze juices. The website stated that they had archery, which my kids were excited about,but when we asked about it, they said they stopped it years ago. Having to wear a wristband the entire time. I understand why they have to do this, but it really bothered us a night sleeping.
Overall - We had a nice time, but I would try another resort next time, maybe going back to Negril Beaches.

Overall, the people and resort was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Let me begin by saying special thank from the Mangers and staffs for not only choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites but to also share with the Trip advisor family the experience you have with us.
We are extremely proud to hear that we have contributed in the celebration of the mother 70th celebration and that you were pleased with the level of service that was offered to your during this very special occasion and that you enjoyed multitalented staffs in the bars. We regret to know that you did not found our beds the most comfortable and that you were unimpressed with our buffet. It is also regrettable true that we do not offer archery anymore but we do hope you enjoyed the other outdoor activities.

We thank you once again for your honest comment and we wish you all the best in your future trips and that you will receive the excellent service that we once gave you.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Iberostar property is about 20 mins from the airport so the transfer is quick. If you have purchased a return transfer within your travel package, I would suggest taking a cab instead. It's US$35, readily available, and you won't have to be prepared to leave the property way too early so you can be delivered to the airport 3 hours prior to your plane's departure. There are no activities at the airport that will keep a child occupied for 3 hours.

Waterpark, Kids Club, Lazy River, Kids Pool Activities and Kids nightly disco are excellent for the kids. The Beaches property is more cost friendly (and does not offer access to the Waterpark/Lazy River and Kids Club) but the Suites property offers more for kids. The one pool at the Beaches property also does not have a good shallow end for kids to play in. If you have a family, the Suites property is a no-brainer.

Rooms are all suites so they are roomy. Be sure to close your balcony door all the way to activate the air conditioning. On especially humid days, condensation does build up on the the tiled floors so be careful. Tiny ants have a way of gaining entrance into your suite. This seems to be a common problem so just ask maintenance to come and the issue will become non very quickly. Bring some extra clothes/toys for the Housekeeping ladies. They have families too. Cosmetics are also appreciated.

Daily buffet is very good. The Chefs will try to accomodate as best as possible if you have special requests or have a favourite from a previous day as the options do change. Breakfast is great with the omelette bar and the variety of juices and smoothies. Speciality restaurants include Japanese, Mediterranean, SteakHouse, Mexican, and Gourmet. All are ok but surprisingly I found the Mexican to offer the most variety and tasted the best. Don't expect triple A prime beef at the steakhouse.

Beach service for drinks is excellent with servers coming by frequently. Create your own drink as there are so many mixes/fruit juices, etc. available. The bartenders at the swim up bar can make whatever you ask.

The beach is a combination of soft sand and fine shells. The water is beautiful but be mindful of the debris and cloudiness of the sea after a rainfall or storm out at sea. It takes a few days for the beach and water to clear. In the meantime, you will have to evade the endless vegetation and seaweed that seem to follow you wherever you are in the water.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to express our gratitude for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for also taking the time out to share us and the rest of the online community your experience at our hotel. It strengthens our determination to know that we have contributed in giving you a memorable experience.

We are indeed pleased to know that you and your family have enjoyed our resort to the fullest and that you were pleased with the facilities that we have to offer such as the our luxurious and spacious suites, our warm and welcoming beach and our exquisite restaurants and buffet. It is also please to know that you have found the resort to well carter for kids such as the fun filled Lucy’s Kids club, our relaxing lazy river and our most recent addition the kids’ water.

We truly appreciate your kinds comment as it depicts the hard work our staff does to provide the level of service that you expect from us. Once again, thank you for making it Iberostar and we will be more than happy to offer to hospitality to you once more.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!