Traveled with my family (wife and daughter, aged 7) in early February, 2013. We have been to many all inclusives in different places so am able to provide an honest opinion. I will break it down into different areas:
1) Room - The rooms were very large. We had two double beds (you could also ask for a king) and one pull out sofa. The patio had a partial ocean view, which was great. The rooms were clean and caribbean style in colours. The bathroom was great as it had a huge soaker tub and a separate shower. The mini-fridge was stocked with water, pop and beer. The beds were fairly comfortable and we had no problems sleeping. The rooms were quiet and could barely hear any noise from outside or from anyone above or beside us. The only slight negative about the rooms is housekeeping. Some days they were hit and miss in terms of timing. Sometimes, they would either come too early in the morning (8:30 am) or too late in the day (5:00 pm) to clean the room. When the room was clean, they did an excellent job.
2) Food - The buffet was good with a fairly good selection of items. People complain about the food, but there was always something we could find that we enjoyed, so we didn't have any concerns. The food at the other restaurants were all very good. The gourmet and steakhouse were excellent. The mexican was good and the cajun one on the Beach resort was just ok. Normally, I have eaten beef in mexico and in dominican and it hasn't been very good, but the filet mignon at the resort was very tender and tasty. The lamb at the gourmet restaurant was very very good! The drinks were never watered down at any of the bars and my wife and I looked at each other at times and thought wow...this is one strong drink. They only serve red stripe and red stripe light on tap, but the lobby bar also has bottles of heineken, but you have to ask as they don't advertise this.
3) Service - This was where we thought the resort was amazing. Because it is a smaller resort, the bartenders and serving staff get to know you quite quickly and even remember what you want to drink. The servers were all extremely friendly and helpful. A++ for all the service staff.
4) Kids club - Great staff. Although there were not a lot of kids at the time we went, the staff were extremely professional and friendly and truly enjoyed working with children. All the kids that attended the club loved the staff. There weren't many scheduled planned activities, but I'm guessing that is due to the very low number of children at the resort. The actual physical space of the kids club was great and very clean!
5) Beach and Ocean - The beach is huge with lots of space to get a chair with a palapa. The ocean is turqoise, but does not go out for a long distance. The water is also not the clear water. The beach sand is soft, but not as smooth as we have been on in some other beaches in the caribbean. The same with the ocean bottom.
Overall, I would highly recommend this Rose Hall Suites. We are planning on returning to the Iberostar Grand without our daughter next time. We wandered over and thought the layout and comfort level looked quite amazing.
Most rooms will have a partial ocean view due to the "U" shape of resort. Ask for a highe...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
February 25, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
On behalf of all the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for not only choosing our lovely resort, but also for taking the time to share with other travellers, your opinion of your stay with us.
Having said that, we are extremely proud to understand from your kind comments that we have been successful in providing you with a wonderful vacation at Iberostar as you were pleased with several aspects of our resort including our clean rooms, wide variety of tasty foods and refreshing drinks, clean pools and beaches and the excellent service delivered by our friendly staff. Rest assured that each department will be congratulated accordingly for a job well done.
We sincerely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you at Iberostar in the near future and as such, we genuinely look forward to your next visit. Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.
Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.