Traveled with my family (wife and daughter, aged 7) in early February, 2013. We have been to many all inclusives in different places so am able to provide an honest opinion. I will break it down into different areas:
1) Room - The rooms were very large. We had two double beds (you could also ask for a king) and one pull out sofa. The patio had a partial ocean view, which was great. The rooms were clean and caribbean style in colours. The bathroom was great as it had a huge soaker tub and a separate shower. The mini-fridge was stocked with water, pop and beer. The beds were fairly comfortable and we had no problems sleeping. The rooms were quiet and could barely hear any noise from outside or from anyone above or beside us. The only slight negative about the rooms is housekeeping. Some days they were hit and miss in terms of timing. Sometimes, they would either come too early in the morning (8:30 am) or too late in the day (5:00 pm) to clean the room. When the room was clean, they did an excellent job.
2) Food - The buffet was good with a fairly good selection of items. People complain about the food, but there was always something we could find that we enjoyed, so we didn't have any concerns. The food at the other restaurants were all very good. The gourmet and steakhouse were excellent. The mexican was good and the cajun one on the Beach resort was just ok. Normally, I have eaten beef in mexico and in dominican and it hasn't been very good, but the filet mignon at the resort was very tender and tasty. The lamb at the gourmet restaurant was very very good! The drinks were never watered down at any of the bars and my wife and I looked at each other at times and thought wow...this is one strong drink. They only serve red stripe and red stripe light on tap, but the lobby bar also has bottles of heineken, but you have to ask as they don't advertise this.
3) Service - This was where we thought the resort was amazing. Because it is a smaller resort, the bartenders and serving staff get to know you quite quickly and even remember what you want to drink. The servers were all extremely friendly and helpful. A++ for all the service staff.
4) Kids club - Great staff. Although there were not a lot of kids at the time we went, the staff were extremely professional and friendly and truly enjoyed working with children. All the kids that attended the club loved the staff. There weren't many scheduled planned activities, but I'm guessing that is due to the very low number of children at the resort. The actual physical space of the kids club was great and very clean!
5) Beach and Ocean - The beach is huge with lots of space to get a chair with a palapa. The ocean is turqoise, but does not go out for a long distance. The water is also not the clear water. The beach sand is soft, but not as smooth as we have been on in some other beaches in the caribbean. The same with the ocean bottom.
Overall, I would highly recommend this Rose Hall Suites. We are planning on returning to the Iberostar Grand without our daughter next time. We wandered over and thought the layout and comfort level looked quite amazing.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Rose Hall Hotel
- Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Jamaica - Montego Bay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.