“Returned for the 2nd time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Returned for the 2nd time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have been here before and absolutely loved it. This is our second time back and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The food is phenomenal and the rooms are great. The staff always bent over backwards to help serve us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express to you, our sincere gratitude for not only choosing to spend your holiday at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but also for taking the time to share with us your comments on your stay at our hotel.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of contentment upon hearing that you have had a remarkable experience while vacationing at our hotel, your kind remarks about our rooms, food, and hospitable staff, are well received as this will go a far way in further motivating our teams to continue improving on our already sublime standards.

It has been our greatest joy to have served you once more, and we do hope that you will once again grant us the privilege of hosting you our beautiful island of Jamaica, your home away from home. Again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at the Iberostar rose hall suites for our friends' wedding. The transfer to and from the hotel, although only a 20 min bus ride, will take about 1.5 hr total since the transfer service is trying to get their paperwork together once you arrive in Montego Bay. The pool and beach are great--and it's definitely nice to have access to the bar and the wait service pool and beach side. Went on an excursion to the mangroves and that was a blast! Whatever people tell you about all inclusives and the drinks being watered down--not true here, which is definitely a plus. However, the food is mediocre and they are very strict on what times you can eat at the buffets and if you do/do not have reservations to their a la carte restaurants. The pictures of the rooms are deceiving and have very little amenities. Our toilet constantly leaked lots of water on the bathroom floor, there is no maid service until about 4pm, and when they say ocean view they do NOT mean ocean view. Even thoughw e requested a non-smoking king room very far in advance, we were still given a smoking double room. Long story short--stay in the Iberostar Grand Hotel, we hear the amenities are much better.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel through a travel agent. Make sure you arrange for transfer to and from th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you on behalf of all the staff and entire management team, for not only choosing to be valued guests of our resort, but also for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at Iberostar.

We are pleased to have ascertained from your kind comments that you were pleased with several aspects of our resort including our pools, beaches and the refreshing drinks available at our bars and swim up bar. It is also quite thrilling to know that you went on an excursion and really enjoyed yourself.

With regards to the leaking toilet in the bathroom, we assure you that this is not a true representation of our standards of operation or the typical experience at our resort. Having said that, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere regrets if you were unsatisfied with any aspect of our resort and will certainly also forward your concerns and inconveniences to the respective managers for their consideration.

In closing we would like to thank you once more for choosing to be guests at our resort and we sincerely look forward to be given another opportunity of hosting you at our hotel in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Amazing experience all around. Fantastic food, clean and large rooms, amazing beaches, pools and the most incredible staff!

I can't imagine a better all inclusive vacation! I highly reccomend this resort to everyone!

Room Tip: You may want to save a few dollars and stay at the beaches instead of the suites but I highly reccom...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to be guests at Iberostar and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with us your view of your stay with us.

It has been an absolute honor to have hosted you, and it is most gratifying to know that you had a wonderful time while vacationing with us and that you were overly pleased with the exceptional and warm hospitality you received from our incredible staff, the tantalizing varieties of foods available and the cleanliness of our rooms, beaches and pools.

We are extremely pleased to understand from your kind comments that overall, you had an amazing experience at our resort and we therefore genuinely hope that we will once again have the pleasure of serving you in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Food was excellent, staff was very nice and friendly. My advice to you if you are thinking about Iberostar Rose would be if you're looking to bring kids then its a great place, if your looking for more of an adult place then you might not want to consider going here. The night life is fine because the kids re not around but during the day the pool and other areas have plenty of moms and dads spending time with their kids. Not saying thats a bad thing, but it was hard for me and my friends to drink and be "wild" in the pool area with the kids around. Some of the fun games they play during the day would of been nice to participate in but I didnt want to be "that guy" drunk and running down a slip and slide next to a 8 year old kid. Also another thing to consider is the "All Inclusive" part. yes, you technically dont need money for anything. Beer and food are free. But the store with the goodies "snickers & Red Bull, my hang over remedy" cost a lot of money. And even crazier is the price of things change everyday. Another BIG expense is the day trips. As much as you think your not gonna get bored, you will. But the do offer day trips to other places and they are well worth it!! But cost a lot of money. Oh and BOOK BOOK BOOK!! the minute you walk into the hotel run other to the booking table and BOOK everything. If you want to eat at a restaurant it has to be booked days in advance. Book everything right away!! cant stress this enough. I missed out on a few dinners with my friends because i hit the pool right away with a beer while they stood in a line and booked things. My mistake doesn't have to be yours. Another huge tip! if you go out to the rocks to snorkel or just to look at the fish, where a pair of pool shoes. The shoes with the hard rubber bottom. I stepped on a see Sea urchin while stepping around the rocks and the little spicks went right threw my foot. They stuck in my foot like splinters for the rest of the trip.
Have Fun :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us, and for taking the time out to share your view of your stay at our resort with the rest of the online community.

It is extremely pleasing to know that while vacationing with us you enjoyed the various activities and services offered by our resort and to know that our resort is now one of your great vacation spots.
We would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to your next visit with us.

Walnutport, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had the time of my life....traveled with 24 friends and we had a ball.....loved the all inclusive..everyone couldn't do enough for you and the hotel was awesome....loved...loved loved it...would stay and recommend the Iberstar Rose to anyone who is looking for a great place ro stay...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend your vacation and for taking the time out to share with us and the rest of the online community your view of your stay with us.

We are extremely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your week in paradise. The Management and Staff at Iberostar Resorts are committed to providing an ambiance, services and facilities which satisfies our guests’ requirements and we are indeed extremely pleased to understand from your kind comments, that you have had an enjoyable vacation at our resort.

We genuinely hope that if you ever return to our beautiful island of Jamaica, that you will again consider Iberostar, as it has been an absolute privilege to have had you stay with us. Again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the Suites from Jan. 26- Feb. 2, 2013 in an ocean view suite on the 3rd floor.and the view was beautiful! Everything is centrally located so not too much walking which was nice.The only place that was a little walk was Aunt Ruby's Restaurant which is located on the beach between the Suites and the Beach resorts.

Arriving in the shuttle the hotel didn't have the "wow" factor as my previous resort the Gran Bahia Principe and same with the lobby. Nice but not the "wow" factor I was expecting. I will break everything down for you. This is a long review but when I was reading reviews before I went the longer the better.

Check-in/out:Very smooth and effiecient and staff very friendly and they made you feel very welcome. However it would have been nice if they offered you a welcome drink like other resorts but not a dealbreaker. Strangly the clerk askd me what my fave drink was, not sure why he did. Check-in is at 3pm and trust me you won't get in before that BUT that is their policy like all hotels in Jamaica and I knew that so again didn't upset me. They give you your id band so you can roam the hotel and use the facilities but if you are like me and had been up for 24 hrs you just want to get in your room and unpack and maybe take a little nap.So I learned a lesson: never take an early flight ever again,lol. Again not ther fault they do make the check-in time well known when booking. Check-out was so fast I was shocked,lol...no problem mom.

Rooms: Very nice but again no "wow' factor like The Gran Bahia. There was a welcome letter from management saying I would recieve a welcome gift not nothing ever came. Again no biggie. Lots of closet space and drawers and huge bathroom with 2 dbl sinks,a sunken tub (which I loved) and walk-in shower. Lots of towels which were replenished when needed. Lots of hot water as well, never ran out. Nice flat screen tv which got many channels and even a few from Canada so I could watch the weather and laugh at my poor friends and family. Only issues with the washroom was the lighting was terrible and very hard to put make-up on. The blow dryer was very powerful but you had to hold the power button on while you used it which was a pain in the butt. The bed was sooo comfortable. I have a back problem and can't sleep on my bed back home but here I slept like a baby. Balcony is nice, even has a drying rack so you can dry your towel and swimsuit on it. The A/C was perfect!

Maid service: Wonderful! Never ran out of anything, mini-bar always stocked, she even folded my clothes! May have been the tip I left everyday that helped,lol. If you want to sleep in and don't want the maid coming first thing in the morning just put the do not disturb sign in the key slot, once you are up and out for the day, take it out and she will come back.They offer turn down service but I didn't take it.

Pools/ Beach.They have two pools, one is an infinity pool with a few loungers in the pool, nice! But this pool is a drinkers pool with a swim-up bar, nobody really swimslol. The other pool has a volleyball net. No kiddies pool though. There is a lazy river that lived up to it's name very slow.
Lots of loungers at the pool and beach and I always found one even as late as noon, especially on the beach. The beach is lovely, my fave part. Soft sand and you don't need watershoes, I could sit at the ocean for hours. Which brings the question as to why so many people travel to the ocean but spend all day at the pool? Sorry don't get it, plenty of pools back home.But more room for me,lol!

Resort cleanliness: AMAZING!!!! Always someone cleaning, this place was sparkling!!! Landscaping is nice as well, again always someone working at it.

Staff: I cannot give enough praise to the staff of this hotel, I never met one employee who didn't say hello and with a smile. The onle ones who were not friendly were the girls at the Theatre bar but 2 bad apples do not affect my opinion, the rest especially the Starfriends more than made up for the 2. Many of the staff would ask how my stay was going. I have to mention again the Starfriends: Amazing group of young people!!!! They are definitely the "star" in Iberostar.These young people were so hardworking, keeping everyone entertained day and night and they really care about their guests and they are real not fake, they genuinely love their jobs, they told me so. A special shout-out to Sweetness (he really lived up to his name.) When ever he saw me he would give me a peck on the cheek and ask me if everything was ok, what a sweetheart!

Bars / Bartenders/ Drinks: All the bartenders were super nice, always a smile whether people tipped or not. I tipped all the time because I realize the people in Jamaica make a wage of about $85.00 a week and they work so hard and deserve the tips at this resort. I was very disapointed when I saw how many people were not tipping..really people? I wish the lobby bar was outside, would have been nice to have a drink under the Jamaican sky. The drinks were delicious and plentiful even if they werewatered down. My fave was the Blue Hawaii, miss them! However it is obvious the drinks are watered down but this is common at most all-inclusive resorts. I could tell they were because I get a buzz after one drink here in Toronto and I never got a buzz all week! I can see why...they would have too many drunk guests on their hands and it is a family resort. They would give double shots if you asked. They did have coxktail waitresses at both the pool and beach but was not very consistant at the beach, they seemed to pick out groups of people and ignore the rest. However Cassandra at the pool bar was awesome and took care of me all week, thanks Cassandra!

Spa: Didn't use the paid services only the wellness pools which were free. Nice but water too cold to be of any useful therapy. I may have used the paid services if they had a price list in the rooms or somewhere else in the hotel besides the spa.

Food: The food was very good but I expected to be wowed. Much better at my previous resort which surprised me. Don't get me wrong you won't go hungry, at the buffets but breakfast was my favorite, cooked to order omelettes which were awesome and there is food 24/7 somewhere in the resort. It wasn't tasty enough that I went for seconds.I liked the lunch buffets at Aunt Ruby's better then the other bigger one. Found although smaller, the food tasted better. The dinner buffets were good but not as much selection of seafood as I hoped except for on Asian night, lots of sushi, mussels, shrimp and calamari in the appetizers. Jamican corner was very good but wished they had "festival bread".;

A la Cartes: Thanks to Ruth at Tripguy I had my reservations taken care of before I left home with confirmations which was wonderful! The a la cartes were good but not great and I am not a picky eater. I guess I was comparing everything to my previous resort and figure with all the 5 star reviews on here that they would have been better. My fave was Calabash (gourmet) and Neil my server wonderful.. Aunt Ruby's steakhouse was good but the steak sauce was terrible, However my server Deon was fantastic! Mexican was my second favorite and again Raymond my server was awesome, The appetizers were fantastic and so was the main meal. Least fave was the Mediteranean (Mare Norstrum). The appetizers were better than the main meal and frankly if I had only had the appetizers I would have been thrilled. Unless you like spagetti soup don't order the Spaghetti fruit de mare.....just terrible, seafood was so tiny and I ended up wearing more of it than eating it., However the surf and turf looked very good.

Overall I think if you wre there for 2 weeks you would get sick of the food by the end.

Nightly entertainment: Loved it! I especially liked the "Tuttu Frutti" Show, had me laughing so hard! The shows were not as cheesy as other resorts. There was live music in the bars which was sometime great other times cheesy. The Reggae band was the best!

There is a beach party every Saturday but I was too tired to go as I had just checked in and I was not aware of it. If maybe the check -in clerk had mentioned it to me I probably would have made the effort to go, bet it was awesome at night on the beach! Also maybe they can do it twice a week so everyine can make it. it. Be warned it's very loud and if you have kids, it goes unril 11pm.

WIFI: Free in the lobby with a code from the front desk. I was surprised to find an internet cafe by the games room and gift shop. Yes you have to pay to use it but I was thrilled they had one and since I needed to keep in contact with family as I was travelling alone and my cell phone plan didn't kick in, paying for it was well worth it!!

Be warned, bring lots of sunscreen, a bottle in the gift shop costs $25.00 US. I ran out and had to buy but I was prepared from my last trip. The gift shop at the beaches is much bigger and has more stuff and is just a short walk away.

Security: Excellent! I never felt unsafe, not outside, in my room not anywhere. Guards in the lobby and there is even a guard at Aunt Ruby's, not sure why unless it's to keep the people at the Beach hotel from coming in. There is a safe in the room and I used it and had no problems. If you don't use it then don't complain about your valuables if they go missing. I even left my change purse with tip money in it in my beach bag at the pool and beach and never had any issues.

Overall: I had a great stay and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the food just didn't wow me and the overall appeatance of the hotel didn't wow me.

I would like to thank Ruth at TripGuy for a stress-free vacation from the time we said hello at booking to the moment I left the resort. I didn't have to worry about anything. She is so personable and I highly recommend her. She changed my dates for me no hassles. (make sure you purchase insurance) I will only book from her from now on.

Again the staff at the buffet, front desk, a la cartes, bar, cleaning staff, everywhere were top notch. A special thanks to Melicia at the front desk for helping me with my phone when I was having issues. None had a chip on their shoulder and they never made you feel like you were bothering them unlike other resorts in Jamaica. They really actlike they enjoy their jobs and it shows!

I defintely recommed this resort to family and friends. Would I personally stay here again? Onlyafter I visit other resorts, I never stay at the same place twice.

Room Tip: You really don't need to get an upgrade, it looked to me that all the rooms had some view of the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and particularly the General Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for not only choosing our lovely resort to spend your vacation, but also for taking the time to send us your comments on how your holiday went with us.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of contentment upon hearing that you have had a remarkable experience while vacationing with us. Your kind remarks about the cleanliness of our resort, the various beverages available, nightly entertainment and hospitable staff, are well received as this will go a far way in further motivating our teams to continue improving our services.

As it relates to the welcome amenities that you said were not delivered to the room, we would just like to point out that this is not our typical standard of operations and this issue will be directed to the respective manager.

We do hope that should you decide on visiting our beautiful island of Jamaica again, that we will be given the opportunity of serving you once more.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Maybe my 3/5 rating is a little harsh. There really is nothing wrong here. The entire resort is beyond clean. The staff are all great. The beach is much better than anything you will see in Mexico or Florida. The food is surprisingly good. It's safe. What more could you ask for?

It's just that it is what every other mid-range resort is. It doesn't exceed in any specific category. It's good. It's great if you believe it to be. You get to hang out near the ocean with a never ending supply of boat drinks. That's pretty excellent. Why do that here over any other resort in the Caribbean? I really couldn't figure that question out. There was no 'wow _________ was the best _________ I've ever had. We have to come back.'

Maybe the only negative thing was that they play Gangnam Style a little too much. Also, reserving restaurants is becoming annoying. I've come to love the no reservations policies at the Now resorts I've been to. Planning ahead (several days) for meals really hurts the experience. It's a vacation. You should be able to get back to the room when you're ready. Take your time getting ready. Then just go out for dinner when and where you want to.

There are more kids here than any resort I've been to in the past, and they all appear to be having a good time. So maybe that's who this resort is for.

Would I select this resort over any other resort in it's class? Only if the price was right.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us and we are most gratified to know that out of the many resorts available, you chose to vacation with us. We are also pleased that you took the time out to share your reviews online.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of contentment upon hearing that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and your kind remarks about the cleanliness of our facilities and our hospitable staff, are well received as this will go a far way in further motivating our teams to continue improving on our standards.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and we sincerely look forward to your next visit with us.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!