“Very good all inclusive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Long Island, NY
“Very good all inclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the nicest all inclusive hotel I have stayed at.. The rooms at the Suites are huge and very clean. The beach and pool are very nice. The food is just OK but it is better than most other all inclusive hotels where I have previously stayed. My primary complaint is that there is only wi fi in the lobby. The rooms require an internet connection and there is no wi fi connection on the beach or at the pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff and management team at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, please receive our most genuine appreciations for not only choosing to be valued guests of our lovely property, but also for taking the time to send us your comments on how your holiday went with us.

With that being said, it certainly motivates us to continue improving hearing that you have had an enjoyable experience at our resort and were satisfied with our rooms, pool, beach and food. We have also noted your complaint about internet access and will be sure inform the respective department manager as we are always seeking to improve on our already superb services and facilities.

We are quite confident that you will again be staying at Iberostar and we therefore sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
Plainwell, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

It ALWAYS “blows my mind” at the range of reviews that come from staying at the same resort. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, people!!! And some people will NEVER be satisfied. With that said……..Here’s my honest review:

My parents treated all 16 family members ranging in age from 1 to 81 to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary from December 28, 2012 to January 4, 2013. We flew into Montego Bay without issue and breezed thru customs/immigrations in no time. JTL had an air conditioned van ready and waiting for us. We were the only ones on it so we headed straight for the resort.

Upon arrival we were greeted with many smiles, welcomes and delicious frozen drinks. Since we were checking 16 people in to 7 rooms it took a little time. Half the rooms were ready and half were not. The BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT came when we were told that the OCEANFRONT rooms that we had booked 6 months ago and paid for were NOT AVAILABLE!! (Really?? I can’t understand WHY hotels overbook and oversell. And my husband and I were three times “repeat” customers~ two of which were GRAND hotel stays.)

Anyhow, the next day my exhausted parents and my husband and I each got our oceanfront rooms. We were compensated $50.00 each with resort credit. (Nice, but we just wanted the rooms we paid for.) Finally, on day two we all were settled. We had a few other “glitches” during the week~ keys didn’t work and needed to be reprogrammed, light bulbs burned out (some replaced/some not,) ran out of certain foods/drinks, etc. but not enough to make our stay bad.

The food was wonderful!!!!! The restaurants offered a liking for everyone. (We did have a few tough steaks.) But overall, we were all satisfied food wise!! There were two memorable dinner moments~ NEW YEAR’S EVE dinner at the buffet was EXCEPTIONAL!!!!! We were greeted by the staff and directed to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Each stop along the way offered a different type/kind of drink/cocktail and delicious tasty treats. The set up was INCREDIBLE!!!! And the decorations and lights were PERFECT for the occasion!! The 2013 ice sculpture was really neat too.
Inside, the food was displayed and presented BEAUTIFULLY and TASTEFULLY!!
There was a HUGE Christmas tree made of shrimp~ enough to feed a bazillion!!! There were many sculpted watermelons displaying art and HAPPY NEW YEAR and one with 2013. Even the bread was baked in a 2013 shape. The buffet offered tenderloin, lobster, fish, turkey, chicken and much more. It truly was SPECTACULAR!!!!
The other moment was celebrating my parents’ 60th anniversary. I contacted the “wait staff” prior to our dinner at the gourmet restaurant and they agreed to decorate the tables with the 60th anniversary decorations that I had brought. They did a superb job!! My parents were “blown away” at how festive it looked~ and all for them!!!! The food that evening was terrific as well.
I won’t go into detail on all of the other restaurants as many of the other reviewers have hit it “spot on!!” They’re GREAT and service was wonderful!!

The rooms were very clean and spacious. The maid service and turn down occurred daily, the refrigerator was stocked with any extras as asked. We always brought Bailey’s and Rum Crème back to our room each evening so we could enjoy it in our morning coffee out on the balcony. The oceanfront balcony was HUGE!!!! It sure made a nice place to view the New Year’s Eve fireworks. They were AWESOME!!!!

This brings me to the wonderful New Year’s Eve beach party and fireworks. There was ever-flowing liquor, wine and beer. Each person got a party bag filled with streamers, blowers, masks, hats, toys, etc. It was a GREAT, festive idea. There was a jamming Jamaican band that played well into the night. There was a huge screen T.V. set up so you could see the countdown and the ball drop. And the SPECTACULAR fireworks went off at midnight. This was one of the coolest moments in my life……..so far!!!!

The beach is nice. It doesn’t compare to Negril (IMO) and is much more course as it is man-made. It serves its purpose. The water was clear, turquoise blue. I love seeing my painted toe nails in neck deep water!!! Snorkeling was fun as was kayaking, sailing and parasailing. It sure was a FUN week. We didn’t do a whole lot of “night life.”

The bars and bartenders were AWESOME!! Most remembered your name AND what you drank. AMAZING!!! The entertainment staff was very upbeat, perky and spunky!!
We played volleyball, soccer and horseshoes too!!! Lots to do!!!

The lazy river pool was a fun diversion. The main pool with the swim up bar was the place to “chill!!” The activity pool was a nice change of scenery too. DON’T MISS the SPA POOL!!!!! The pirate ship for kids is a neat addition to the resort.

The property is gorgeous. The plants and flowers are beautiful and there is someone always clipping, cutting, sweeping, scrubbing, buffing and polishing everything.

And a HUGE thanks to Loreto Lazo for allowing us to make reservations for my parent’s 60th anniversary celebration in advance. I did not personally meet her but I truly appreciate her willingness to work with me.

We had a GREAT week at IRHS!!!! Please take a moment and look at the photos of the exceptional work during NYE!!!! Again, it was an INCREDIBLE celebration all week long!!!!

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and particularly the General Manager of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing our resort to spend something as special as your parent’s 60th wedding anniversary. We would also like to express our sincere gratitude to you for the time you taken to share with us and fellow travelers, your opinion of your stay at Iberostar.

Having said that, we are truly thrilled to understand from your kind comments that we have not only been successful in providing you and your family with a memorable experience, but you were also very pleased several aspects of our resort including our cleanliness, suites, food, beach , pools and most importantly, the excellent service delivered by our staff. We will certainly inform all the respective department managers and especially Loreto about their contributions to making your holiday special as this will undoubtedly motivate them to continue improving.

On the other hand, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with regards to your room category when checking in, but are also thankful that we were able to rectify the issue in a timely manner and furthermore, that this did not affect the overall quality of your stay with us. In closing, we again thank you for choosing Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our current Jamaican trip started awefully by going to the Riu Montego Bay...that was a terrible place, food was terrible and accomodations unacceptable...after much trouble in trying to find an alternative hotel (all inclusive) we had the great fortune of going to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites...This was a very spectacular place and I would recommend it to anybody, especially family... The food, the entertainment and the accomodations all top drawer...we are definitely going back.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for not only choosing to be valued guests of our luxurious property, but also for taking the time to write a review for TripAdvisor about how your holiday went with us.

We find it extremely gratifying hearing that after moving to our resort, you have had a memorable experience in Jamaica and thoroughly enjoyed our food, entertainment and accommodations. We are also very proud to understand from your kind comments that you intend to return to Iberostar for a second visit and we therefore sincerely look forward to serving you again.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at this resort for 9 nights on a Family vacation.
Our Family has traveled extensively throughout the World primarily at 4 and 5 star hotels.

The Good:

-The food is actually not bad, there is a large selection in the buffet where you will probably have most of your meals.

The The rooms are decent. They are basic and fulfill a standard vacation requirement.
They are not "Suites" per say. They have a small couch and standard hotel room desk.They give you an illusion by having a step down to this area.

The Bad

-There is a definitive compound feeling in the hotel once you pass the 20 foot high metal security entry gates opened painfully slow by a uninterested security guard.

-The beach is man made. Sand was brought in to (build an artificial beach as a result of extensive erosion.

This is my fourth time to Jamaica, having stayed at Sandals properties in the past. I must be ver clear on this point This hotel is not a five star resort by global standards. In North America it would receive a solid 3 stars. Do not expect 5 stars. You will be disappointed.

- Being Jamaica, the service is very slow as you would expect. Waiting 15 minutes standing a the bar is not uncommon. Room service also never arrives as promised.

-The pool is brutally cold. After speaking to a lifeguard as to why, he explained there is a natural water bed below the property keep the pool VERY cold. Please also see other reviews mentioning this. It makes every dip or swim uncomfortable, even in the hot sun.

- The health club equipment is LifeFitness. I used the Gym 4 times and quickly realized the majority of the cardio equipment does not work and is rusting very badly and needs to be replaced. Other guests were actually laughing at the massive amount of rust on the machines.
The bikes are not calibrated properly and the treadmills sound like a very old car in need of a mechanic. The pictures provided by the hotel on their site are not representative of the current state of this hotel.

- As mentioned by other reviews, the rooms smell of mold! To say as other have said, that they are musty does not truly reflect the smell you will encounter.Stay away if you or your children have breathing issues. The sound of loud slamming doors never seems to end. Do not plan on ever being able to take an afternoon nap at this hotel. They need to invest in soft door closing devices.

The bottom line.

The only reason this hotel is rated #2 is that there are hardly any resorts in this area to compare it to. Most people want to avoid the Montego Bay area for safety reasons and lack of natural beaches.

Dear guest,

Let me begin by saying thank you on behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for not only choosing our resort to spend your vacation, but also for taking time away from your busy schedule to send us your comments on your opinion of your experience at our hotel.

Having said that, we would like to use this opportunity to express our most sincere regrets if you were in any way unsatisfied with our resort but however assure you that this is certainly not a true representation of our standards of operation or the typical experience of our guests. We nevertheless extend our apologies for any dissatisfaction or inconvenience you may have encountered while at our resort. Please note that we will definitely share your remarks with all the respective department managers as it is always our goal to continually improve upon our services and facilities in order to better serve our valued guests.

We are however thankful that despite some of your disappointments, you were satisfied with our delicious food and luxurious suites and hope that we will once again have the pleasure of serving you in the future as we would relish the opportunity to prove to you, our sincere dedication to excellent customer service and satisfaction.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I just got back from my first all inclusive vacation and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! Having done many years of adventure travel I have generally avoided the "all inclusive" resorts simply because of the fact I'd much prefer to be hiking the mountains than sitting pool side drinking at a swim up bar. The trip has randomly landed in my lap due to another family members last minute cancellation, and with little to no knowledge of the place i gladly accepted at the opportunity to spend new years on a beach. While the name Iberostar wasn't one I had ever heard of before I went with little expectations. Upon arrive we were greeted at the front desk by a dirty banana drink, which I must admit became my favorite of the week! The staff were all very friendly and helpful beyond expectation. The rooms was spacious with a fantastic view of the resort. The available activities both during the day and after hours was awesome and I found myself board by choice simply because I was tired of trying to partake in everything possible. While I'd love to say that it was 100% amazing, being a devoted review writer I do need to point out the flaws I noticed. 1. the beach is seemingly man made and not so clear as the water in Montego bay, this can also be seen in pictures of the resort from above as the beach makes almost a perfect rectangle in the water, plus I noticed the beach further in land had a concrete base, overall it wasn't a big deal I just prefer a more natural beach. 2ndly the food in the restaurants were great however book in advance as it books up fast. the backup buffets were average, looked better than it tasted and was kind of sad considering it wouldn't take much to make it amazing, just a little more spice and flavor. All in all I give them a 5 star as I wasn't really phased too much by the negatives. GO TO IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Room Tip: I was situated on the main level in the corner, I would recommend something further out from the inn...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all let me begin by thanking you for choosing to spend your vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for taking the time out to share with us and the rest of the online community your view on your New Year’s stay with us.

It certainly gives us a great deal of satisfaction to know that you had a lovely time at our luxurious resort and that you enjoyed the warm Jamaican hospitality you received from our courteous and attentive staff. We are also extremely pleased to understand that you were satisfied with the room and the view it gave of the resort. Our activities are indeed meant to be entertaining and we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed them so much that the only time you were bored was when you had to rest, and that you even found yourself a new favorite drink for the week!

Having said that, we sincerely regret to have heard that our beaches and food at the buffet were not entirely satisfactory for you, but we are nonetheless contented to know that you were not perturbed as a result of this.

Again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and we sincerely hope that if you do decide to visit our sunny island of Jamaica once more, that you consider staying at the Iberostar Resort, where your favorite dirty banana drink will be waiting for you.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This has to be one of the best resorts we have stayed at. Very kid friendly yet plenty of opportunities for adults to have fun. The staff genuinely seemed to be proud of the work they did and were very friendly and helpful. At one point in the Mexican restaurant we asked a person who was setting out snacks if they had coconut shrimp. He said it was only served at supper time and we said fine. A few minutes later he came out of the kitchen and said he would prepare some for us and he did. We were amazed to get such service.
The food was really good at all of the restaurants but the steakhouse was really really good.
Nice beach, nice pools. Bars and bar staff were great.
Overall a great holiday at a great resort.

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and particularly the General Manager of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to be valued guests of our luxurious resort. In addition, we would like to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community, your honest opinion of your stay at our hotel.

We are genuinely glad that to understand from your kind remarks that you have felt like a star at Iberostar and enjoyed so many features of our resort including our children friendly atmosphere, food, beach, pool, bars and most importantly, the friendly and attentive service provided by our dedicated staff.

We truly hope that when planning your next vacation, Iberostar will be the foremost resort in your mind as we would consider it an absolute honor to serve you again the future.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

You will not be disappointed, the resort has everything to accommodate families and couples. The staff is very friendly, beach is very nice, especially at the Grand! Food is EXCEPTIONAL!!!!! Entertainment is fun, however there was not enough music by the beach. Room is clean and spacious. Would highly recommend this resort.

Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express to you, our sincere gratitude for not only choosing to vacation at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but also for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of satisfaction hearing that you have had a memorable experience at our hotel and also appreciated remarks about our rooms, food, entertainment and staff, as this will go a far way in further motivating our teams to continue improving.

In closing, we again thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and look forwardto seeing you again at our hotel.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!