“Rose Hall Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Syosset, New York
“Rose Hall Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Traveled with family for first time to Jamaica. Having never been there before was apprehensive. From the moment we got to the hotel, until we left it was excellent and the best vacation ever. The hotel and grounds are kept impeccable, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Our room request was honored and in a great location. The beach was beautiful and well maintained contrary to some negative reviews on trip advisor about it being rocky. The highlight for us, including my 9 & 14 year old daughter was the Star Friends, who definitely were the main reason the trip was great. From the moment my younger daughter met OMG until the New Year's Beach party they made us feel welcome and have fun, even got me doing aerobics at beach which was definitely an interesting sight. The activities kept us having fun and the setting allowed us to fully relax. OMG, Stingray along with Crazy Kenny, Momo, VIP , Special K and Happy Feet had unbelievable energy and always made us feel welcome. Looking forward to our return next year. The only issue was the lack of wifi anywhere but the lobby and slow internet in the room, but I guess it was a good thing that caused me to relax and enjoy it

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by expressing, on behalf of the management team and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, our most sincere appreciations to you for having chosen to be valued guest s of our beautiful resort. We would also like to say thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to write a review for TripAdvisor about how your family vacation went at Iberostar.

We are truly thrilled to have contributed to making your holiday relaxing and are also deeply grateful to you for your special mention about our suites, beach, and activities and last but certainly not least, the friendly and attentive service provided by our staff. We have also made note of your issue with regards to internet access and will be sure to inform the respective department manager about your concerns in order to better satisfy the needs and wants of our diverse guests.

We are however quite confident that you will again be staying at Iberostar in the future and we therefore anxiously await your next visit. We wish you and your family all the best.

2,295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites from Dec 26 - Jan2 2013. This was our 4th Iberostar location we have stayed at. Overall I think this is a great resort for families. Here are my comments:

Check in - when we checked in the hotel was over booked. This meant that some families were asked to stay at the Beach or Grand hotel on check in. We were lucky to get the ocean view room we requested but did not get two double beds. Instead we got a room with a king bed, sofa bed and they brought in a cot. We only received one room key and no towel cards because they ran out. Not a great first impression but by the next day we received the extra key and towel cards after informing our AC vacation rep of the issue.

Room - it was clean, spacious and had a nice washroom with double sinks, tub and shower. The room smelled a bit musty and after several complaints they brought in an air cleaner that solved the problem.

Food - we loved the food. Great selection, quality and presentation.

Service - great service all around. The people were very nice and friendly.

Pool - two pools and a lazy river. They were kept clean and were quite large. You needed to wake up early to get a lounge chair. By 10 am they were all reserved.

Beach - a bit rocky. Not the best I've seen but good.

Overall if you are going to this resort pay the extra money for the Suites. The Beach hotel is right next door but is not as good and we met several people who were unhappy there. We had a great vacation and enjoyed our stay at the Suites.

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and especially the General Manager of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for not only choosing our lovely resort, but also for taking the time to share with other travellers, your opinion of your stay with us.

Having said that, we are extremely proud to understand from your kind comments that we have been successful in providing you with a wonderful vacation at Iberostar as you were pleased with several aspects of our resort including our rooms, food, pool, beach and the excellent service delivered by our friendly staff. We would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while checking in but are thankful that the issue was rectified in a timely manner.

We sincerely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you at Iberostar in the near future and as such, we genuinely look forward to your next visit. Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Rochester, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

While we had a great time on our family vacation to Jamaica, i did have some issues at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites:

1) We were in room 3420 for Christmas week and it had a MUSTY smell. I complained to the front desk several times. They sprayed something in the vents which only masked the problem. After promising us a dehumidifier, they finally delivered one to the room 2 days later...and that did not resolve the problem. I was never offered the opportunity to change rooms.

2) The pool was very cold and I heard many guest complain about that.

3) The temperature in the lobby and hallways was extremely hot.

I thought the entertainment crew did an excellent job and we looked forward to the dance routine each afternoon. We enjoyed the food and the shows each night.

While I would consider coming back to the resort in the future, my hesitation is that if all of the rooms have that same smell I would not be happy and would be hard pressed to recommend the resort to others in case they would experience that same musty smell.

Dear guest,

Let me begin by expressing our sincere gratitude on behalf of the staff and management team at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for choosing to be valued guests of our lovely resort. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments onyour opinion of your holiday with Iberostar.

With that being said, we would like to use this opportunity to express our genuine regrets if you found that your room had a musty smell during your stay. We have indeed taken note of the room number and will be sure to have our housekeeping department address your concerns in order to avoid any shared opinions by future guests. We also apologize if a room change was not offered but assure you that if one was requested, we would have been more than delighted to honor your request.

With respect to our pools, they are in fact not heated and therefore in the colder months, such as the time when you visited, the pools may be colder than they are in the summer months. In addition, our lobby and hallways are all air conditioned and we will therefore surely inform our maintenance department about your concerns regarding the temperature in those specific areas. We are however very pleased to hear from your kind remarks that you enjoyed the lively entertainment provided by our Star Friends and our delicious food.

We hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of hosting you at our resort again so we may prove to you, our sincere commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again at Iberostar.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Rose Hall Suites as a large group (7adults and 4 children from 5 to 2 years). We had a great vacation! The food was great, the chefs really went out of their way to accommodate the vegitarians in our group! The entertainment was lots of fun and the facility was excellent overall.

Pros - Good food, friendly service, even at hotel capacity there were lots of beach chairs and pool was clean. Very family friendly and only 15mins from the airport.

Cons - We had problems with the AC in our room and it took the hotel 4 days to move us, partly because they thought they fixed the problem and partly because the hotel was fully booked. The AC was blowing ice cold air which was a problem for our 2 year old. They tried to resolve it but communication broke down a few times and I found myself spending way too much time at the front desk instead of being able to enjoy the vacation. That is really my only complaint.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Let me begin by expressing our sincere gratitude to you on behalf of all the staff and the entire management team at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, for having chosen our luxurious resort to spend your family vacation. Furthermore, we would like to say a special thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to send us your comments on your opinion of your stay with us.

It certainly strengthens our determination to know that you and your family have not only had an outstanding time at our resort, but also felt like stars at Iberostar. Additionally, we sincerely appreciated that you took the time to highlight the most memorable aspects of your time at our resort including our food, entertainment, and the staff and will be sure to forward your comments to all the respective departments. On the other hand, we would like to use this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with the AC being too cold but are also thankful that you nonetheless fully enjoyed your vacation.

With your most recent trip to Iberostar being so pleasurable, we are confident that you will be staying again at our resort and as such, we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have frequently researched vacations on trip advisors but have not bee very good about writing reviews on the back end. There were a few points that really made our vacation that I felt the need to share.
I, like most of you, had read all of the recent reviews on iberostar suites. Overall I would say that it was better than the reviews give it credit for and better than we expected.
I'll start by saying that we were there over Christmas break and while the hotel was full, it never felt crowded. The chairs at the beach and pool were crowded but we were always able to find a free chair. And we frequently bounce back and forth during the day. I will say that we were in room 5035, which I believes a grand hotel room. I was a nice clean room with a terrific ocean front, large balcony. The balcony had a couch and two-person swing outside which was really nice.
The food was better than I thought it would be including both the specialty restaurants and we well as the buffets.
Suggestion #1: The pools were mice and I will say that i was happy to have taken the suggestion of another poster and bought wetsuits for the kids. The ocean and pool were cold at first. If the sun was out, it was way get used to the water. However, if it was overcast of even a cloud blocking the sun, it was cold. The wet suits were a good purchase for $50 a piece.
Suggestions #2: there are some large rocks out by the ropes I between the suites and beaches hotel. There were some really colorful fish including so,e lion fish. Plus it is only about 30 feet off shore and I cold stud - easier with the kids.
Suggestion #3: when booking your excursions, ask what the cruise ship schedule is. We booked through Real Tours Jamaica and they were great. They suggested to us to take the tours on the two days that there were no cruise ships in town. That was a great idea. We did the falls hike and while we were not alone, the parking lot was on 25% full. I can't imagine if the parking lot was full. We also did the tubing excursion with the falls and had the river to ourselves. The tubing was fun but I wouldn't do it unless as an add on to falls tour. We also did the bamboo rafting tour another day and that was great. We had the whole river to ourselves. Neko was our guide. If you plan ahead, I would definitely ask for him.
The only other point I would make is that that staff is great. We have been to a lot of places in different countries and the staff at Iberostar is right up there at the top. Not sure how any review could say other wise. Everyone was extremely friendly. The lifeguard walking on the beach stopped talk for 20 minutes, the gardener was quick to say merry Christmas with a smile and the Star Friends really know how to do their job.

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and particularly the General Manager of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosingto be valued guests of our lovely resort. We would also like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review for TripAdvisor about how your holiday went at our hotel.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of satisfaction understanding from your gracious comments that you not only had a memorable experience at our resort, but were also very satisfied with several aspects of our resort including our easy access to pool and beach loungers, plush suites, delicious food and last but not least, the friendly hospitality of our staff.

I would also like to point out that our pools are not heated and therefore, during winter months, such as the time when you visited, the pool may in fact feel a bit colder than in the summer months. We are however glad that that you were able to bring wet suits and nonetheless enjoyed our amazing Infinity pool. We are also extremely happy to hear that you were able to find the time to experience some excursions outside of the resort and moreover, it is delight knowing that you enjoyed them.

We genuinely hope that if ever returning to our beautiful island of Jamaica, you will again consider Iberostar, as we would consider it an absolute privilege to serve you again at our hotel. Again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Overall a very clean and well managed hotel. Had a very good time. Hotel is clean and daily maid service was excellent. The maintenance staff was fast to repair a hair dryer that would not heat. The entire family enjoyed this vacation very much. One area that could be a ltittle better was the food. Believe me you can not go hungry at this all inclusive, however the food at times was very repetitive and for a five star hotel I could not rate the food selections a five star. Another area to discuss was the bell hops, front desk, waiters, waitresses, bartenders and the Star Friends were outstanding in freindliness, service and entertainment. An area that needs work is the snorkel/kayaks and sailboat rental huts. The people there were not nearly as friendly and customer service oriented. We tried to obtain a snorkel juast before noon one day and the rental person told us that it was lunch time and to come back later. Same thing happened with the kayaks. When you are spending this kind of money the last thing you want to hear is I am at lunch come back later. The brach rental hut is managed by an offsite company not Iberostar, but they still handle Iberostars customers.

Dear guest,

Please allow me to begin by expressing, on behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar, our most genuine appreciations for choosing our luxurious resort to spend your vacation. We would also like to use this opportunity to thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

We are truly honored to have contributed to making your holiday a wonderful one and also very much appreciated you making special mention about our resort’s cleanliness, and the friendly and efficient service delivered by several different departments. Having said that, we have also in fact noted your suggestion for improvements in the restaurants and we will surely inform our team of executive chefs for their careful consideration. In addition, as you mentioned, Dressel Drivers is a separate company from the hotel and will therefore certainly convey your concerns to them in order for them to consider ways of improving their services for the satisfaction of our valued guests.

We are however extremely thankful that these isolated issues did not affect the overall quality of your stay at our hotel and we sincerely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you again at our resort.

SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The resort is kind of divided in 3 parts: Iberostar Rose Hall Grand (adults only), Suites (where we stayed) and Beach (looked like a bit cheaper option). the whole resort's quite a bit smaller compared for example to Barcelo Maya (Riviera Maya, Mexico), and service (rooms, restaurants, food, etc) is one notch lower. But in my opinion the resort is still pretty good, particularly if you can adopt the attitude "just do it... later". Very relaxing atmosphere, quite clean. The beach is nice, particularly if you snorkel: they built 3 small artificial reefs 50 feet from the shore, and each of them has a decent population of fish, etc (though the Great Barrier Reef it isn't). Also, there is a pretty decent diving outfit (for beginners).
Overall, as far as Jamaica goes, I liked the place. Paid $3500 for a week (2 adults and 11 y.o.) including tickets from Atlanta. Turned to be fair value for money.
One again: if you want to relax and able to enjoy slow rythm of the place - go by all means.
If you are expecting pesonnel looking into your eyes to anticipate any wish and running around to please you - just spare yourself some misery , go somewhere else. As I said, it's Jamaica!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and particularly the management team at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for not only choosing our wonderful resort to spend your family vacation, but also for taking the time to share with other travellers, how your holiday went at Iberostar.

The Management and Staff at Iberostar Resorts are committed to providing an ambience, services and facilities which satisfies our guests’ requirements and we are indeed extremely pleased to understand from your kind comments, that you have had an enjoyable vacation at our resort. In addition, your remarks about our cleanliness, picturesque beach and value for money will also go a far way in further motivating our team to continually improve.

In closing, we again thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you at our resort in the future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!