“Wonderful Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Point Pleasant Beach
“Wonderful Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We traveled to the Rose Hall Suites Nov. 9-13, 2011. This was our 5th time visiting Jamaica, and by far the BEST vacation we have had there. We always stay in all-inclusive resorts and have visited Dominican Republic, Cancun, Curacao, Bahamas, St. Lucia,Riviera Maya, and Jamaica. I was very pleased with the overall resort, from the beautiful grounds, lovely beach area, restaurants, our accomodations (room 4218), and most of all the beautiful people who work at this resort. I could not believe how friendly, warm, and welcoming these people were from those who work at the front desk, to the grounds people. We were always greeted with a smile and a friendly hello. The Star Friends work tiredlessly and with such enthusiasm. We had wonderful conversations with MoMo and VIP. We especially had a good time with Samantha who always made us laugh each time she greeted us at the various restaurants in the evening.
We had taken a few excursions. One through the hotel to the Luminous Lagoon. ($59 pp)Kind of a rough boat ride to get there and limited "glowing" in the water due to the full moon. We also went on two excursions through the Great River Tours for tubing and ziplining ($100pp). We loved the ziplining and thought the tubing down the Great River was just OK. Our guide spent more time suggesting we tip him at the end, rather than telling us about the area as we floated. The scenery was lovely. My husband went scuba diving 2X with the hotel divers which he enjoyed and I had two spa services (facial and massage) which were fabulous (Tracy Elliott was wonderful!).
I can't wait to return to this outstanding resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Jamaica. We used Clive's transportation for transfers to/from the airport. Highly dependable and good service.

Room Tip: second flooor seemed to work out best for this is the main floor with many of the other activities.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Brentwood, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I, along with another couple came to Rose Hall Suites for vacation and LOVED IT!

We had an absolute blast! The beach was beautiful and the pool was perfect! The drinks were strong and be sure to ask for the good Jamaican rum. The Bob Marley shots were so fun, but took forever to make. My favorite drinks were the Jamaican delight, Cool Runnings, and of course the Rum Punch, and Rum Runners. The shows and entertainment were great except for the Mr. and Miss Iberostar shows. Those two were lame, but the Ideal Couples show was hilarious! The music bar was very fun and the club was pretty nice and played great dance music. Our favorite place to hang out was the lobby bar before dinner. Great drinks made here and live music a few nights.

One of our favorite parts of the trip were the staff and Starfriends Entertainment crew. These people are AWESOME! Momo, Happy Feet, Sparko, OMG, and Crazy Kenny were so much fun!! They definitely made our stay even better. I recommend the beach party that they throw, pool games, and the karaoke nights. Very fun! Those kids work their butts off to be sure you're having a great time!

Our other favorites were the bartenders. Wailan at the lobby bar is the best bartender in Jamaica! Now, he knows how to make a drink! We will never forget our best Jamaican buddy and bartender, Lenford!! A shout out to bartenders Rayon and G-roy, and the best waitress, Sharika, at The Gourmet too! We hope to see you all again!

The only complaints I had were involving the food selection and quality. Not much of a variety. However, the Gourmet restaurant had AMAZING food and I wish we had eaten there more than one night. Avoid the restaurants at the Rose Hall Beach hotel. The Cajun restaurant there was awful, and the Japanese was just ok. I recommend staying at the Suites for your meals as their food was much better, but still could have been improved overall.

And don't miss the beach barbeque during the day on the beach. Now that was some real, delicious Jamaican food!

No one ever bugged us for tips and everyone was friendly. They even were very helpful and sincere when helping someone in our group change their flight who had to go home early due to an emergency at home. We loved Jamaica, and mostly because of everyone at the Iberostar Suites! Jamaica's must see resort! Thank you for the memories!!

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor due to no beach view from a standard room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We had a fabulous time at the Rose Hall Suites (two women). I cannot say enough good things about the people we came into contact with who work at the hotel. They made us feel welcomed and went out of their way to take notice of our needs (see shout outs below). Also, this is my first time in Montego Bay and this time it was great not having to get off the plane and drive another 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to Ocho Rios or Negril. However, the beach at the hotel is not as crystal clear as the beach in Ocho Rios or Negril.

Now as far as all inclusives go, I think this is one of the best I have been to for the price I paid and will definitely be back. Keep in mind that I go to an "all inclusive" so I can relax and not have to worry about were my next meal and drink will come from. Once I am relaxed then I don't mind going to explore outside of the hotel. That being said, FOOD: You won't go hungry. I didn't hear any complaints from fellow travellers regarding the food. I thought the "American" food at the buffet restaurants was good and that the Jamaican food was much better (curried goat, vegetarian stew, rice and peas, jerk chicken to name a few that I tried). I only tried 3 specialty restaurants: The Mexican, great service but only liked the lobster; The Gourmet, the service was great but we didn't like our dishes (other travelers we spoke to said say they enjoyed it); The Mediterranean was our favorite, we enjoyed all the courses and the service was great.
ALCOHOL: Although the hotel's website will say they have premium brands, I didn't find any premium brands. I drink tequila and they had some no name brand that should only be ingested if you have an iron stomach. The premium tequila was Sauza gold, which tequila drinkers will know is not a premium brand. For vodka, I did see Absolut. For whiskey, some Canadian travelers said the selections were basic and not premium. For beer, I only tried the Jamaican Red Stripe which I happen to like. (P.S.: We did "tour" the Iberostar Grand next door and their bar had everything you could want, for way more money of course; maybe next time). So if you do enjoy a good drink on vacation and don't want to pay $1000 more for it at the Grand, then pick up a bottle of your favorite drink at the duty free in your airport before you get on the plane.
ROOMS: we were in building #3, if you want oceanfront then you should ask for 3X29 to 3X38; X is the floor # with the ground floor being 0. If you want pool view with some ocean view then go for 3X23 (farthest from beach) to 3X28 (closest to beach). (Note: these are the room #s that I took notice of and is not a complete roster of the room #s). The suites were very nice with a big bathroom and separate sitting area as well as nice sized terrace.
POOL: very big and well laid out with a nice infinity edge and swim up bar.
BEACH: I stayed on the beach all the time and never felt overly crowded. If you get up early enough you can always find a spot with some shade. They also have beachside drink service, which is not always the case at other all inclusives. We also happened to meet some great fellow travelers on the beach, especially my Canadian friends from Windsor and Montreal.

Shout outs and Big ups:
Jason, at the front desk, with the killer smile made check in a breeze. V.I.P./Courtney (Beach Coordinator) always made us feel included, even if we didn't “think” we wanted to be. They should definitely clone him. Deborah (the trainee), did a great job of taking and delivering beachside drink requests all with a smile. No matter how hot it got, she kept on going. Ishalee, the fabulous bartender at Aunt Ruby, went out of her way to make sure I had what I wanted although my request was only made in passing. At morning breakfast, Chef Dwight made us ackee & saltfish (Jamaica's national dish) and it was spectacular; we requested it and he had it for us the next morning. Gracelynn, at the morning buffet, was always cheerful and inquired about how our stay was going. The ladies at the Lobby Bar seemed to know how to make every drink concoction known to man and always with a smile.

Room Tip: ROOMS: we were in building #3, if you want oceanfront then you should ask for 3X29 to 3X38; X is the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Herculaneum, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Me and My wife got married here April 2010 the hotel was beautiful.Very big hotel. Everything we could have wanted, we got. We arrived and had a very smooth check in process. Nicole was the wedding coordinator and she did an amazing job. My wife had kept in contact with her before the wedding and everything we wanted for the wedding nicole had ready when we got there. Our wedding was small but it was better than anything we could have expected. The videographer did a very good job with the video he took of us too. If you get married here I strongly recommend paying the extra money for the videographer. The preacher made the wedding go very smooth without any problems. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

The entertainment staff was amazing as well. They had different activities all day long that they would encourage people to play. Kenny was one of the entertainment staff members and he was very comical as well. Almost everynight the staff put on a show in the auditorium and they where all very good. A few of them where audience participation show. I was in two of them which made for more fun. One of the nights they had a beach party with a live band and games. Another day they had a beach bar-b-que with amazing jamaican food.

The restaurants that they have you have to make reservations to them so book your spot early if you can. They had a buffet that was open almost all nights that had really good food and you don't have to make reservations to get in tere q. The steak house on the beach had some of the best steak i've ever had. The mediterranean or seafood resturant was ok, not much of a seafood person. They also had a mexican resturant but we didn't get to try it while we where there.

The servers by the pool and the bartenders in the pool are very good, drank a lot of Jamaican smiles. Very good drink.

We took a photographer with us and got amazing pictures of our wedding and of the hotel and activities that we did.

Overall we could not have asked for a better wedding or Jamaican vacation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Neptune City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We went to this resort as part of a small family wedding group and extended the stay for a little extra couples time. The facility was gorgeous. The staff was impeccable, courteous, and meet every need we had! The food was exceptional, as all-inclusives can be hit or miss. The Japanese rest. was a bit disappointing to us, but even the buffets were good, and served new/different items at every meal (many of these resorts cycle out the same menu every day on the buffets).

We were extremely happy with our room, the food, the staff, the facilities, etc.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites exceeded our expectations. We came as a family of 6 people ages ranging from 12-45. Everyone was entertained and enjoying themselves from start to finish. I cannot believe that anyone would have anything negative to say about this resort. The food was the best buffet style I have ever tried! The Japanese and Gourmet restaurants are absolutely fabulous. Try to lamb at Gourmet for sure. The ground were PERFECTLY clean, the rooms were nice and spacious but what REALLY made our trip memorable was the staff. The Starfriends are the perfect addition to this resort; Rayland Winter (front desk) and Starfriends VIP (Kourtney), MoMo (Alix Rose), Lady Rae (Renee Caseley), Sparkles were the most funny, kind, approachable people I have ever met in my life! I hope when I return back to Iberostar all of these people will still be there because I really cannot image the resort the same without these very special individuals.

Thank you Iberostar for a great vacation! I will be recommending this resort to ALL of my friends + family. Hope to see Montego Bay soon!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Southgate, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Duration of stay Nov. 9th - 14th. My decision to stay here was based on a "all inclusive" review from Foder's. I stayed in room 3319 which noticably should have been updated. The hotel staff was diligent in keeping my room clean with no shortage of fresh towels nor a stocked fridge. My "Very Good" rating has to be due to the excellent security (always an attended employee at the front gate to the resort), the beautifull ladsacape grounds, including the large beachfront with active lifeguards on duty. Everyone was very kind and most hospitable, from the front desk, waitstaff and knowlegable concierge. Since reservations are required for restaurants my dining was limited to the buffet, (some foods were better than others) the beach barbecue (very good), and room service {(not so good), limited menu selections with food arriving cold}. I treid the spa. I choose the sweedish massage. Ask for Wendy, she is an excellent message therapist with hands that will make your day an evermore relaxing one.

Room Tip: I booked my vacation through Funjet Vacations.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!