“The best all inclusive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Rd | Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
New Jersey
“The best all inclusive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

The restaurants were great. Beach party on the beach excellent with a great steel band. If you like Jamaican food you'll enjoy this

• Stayed October 2011

2,549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
Bradford, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Jamaica had never been on our radar for a vacation until my sister-in-law invited family along to celebrate a milestone birthday. As we were traveling with my mum who is in her late 70's with some health issues we decided to stay at the resort and not do any excursions. My husband and I have done a lot of traveling and have always stayed in much smaller resorts between 90 and 200 rooms where we have been well catered to, so we were cautiously optomistic about such a large resort. Although there are 3 resorts, The Grand, The Suites and
The Beach, they are all very separate. We had asked for 4 rooms close together and 2 rooms with king beds and our request was met. We have found in the past, if your request is important to you we have always called the hotel/resort a week in advance to talk over our needs/concerns and we have never been disapointed by doing this. We found that checking in took a bit of time but there was 6 of us. The lady attending to us was very efficient and very friendly. Our rooms were very spacious, clean and well appointed. The rooms were cleaned in normal fashion in the morning and the fridge restocked,the bathrooms were also tidied up with fresh towels in the evening with turndown service. The food was great. We had no complaints about any of the a la cart resturants or the buffet. There was always something different at the dinner buffet. Lots of fish, sea food, beef wellington,beef, turkey, chicken breast, jerk chicken, pork, a variety of cooked veggies, salad fixings, cheese, crackers, sushi a Jamaican and Asian station and so much more. We must say the Entertainment Team is amazing. Kiki and the staff made everyone feel welcome. MoMo, VIP,Happy Feet, Sparko and of courst OMG are always on their game. They converse and get to know the guests and really make you feel special and always greated us by name. They even took the time to sit a chat with my mum and made her feel part of the activities even though she was mostly sitting on the sidelines laughing and enjoying the antics. They also got everyone excited about doing the activities and challanges. They are a great group of men and women who work well together and give you good laughs and happy memories. We took our snorkeling gear with us and there is a man made area where one can snorkel. It is quite new, fish were plentiful there and some with lovely colour. As it is still quite new it will take time for the flora and under water vegetation to grow but we still had fun snorkeling around the area. We did have a problem with our door lock the afternoon/evening b4 we left that was not an easy fix. Maintenance and management came quickly however, we eventuly had to pack early and move to another room for the last night. The assistant GM and a bell hop stayed with us while we packed up and offered their help in moving to another room. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite for our last night what a special touch. The assistant GM had notified the resturant that we would be late for our final family dinner at the resort and when we arrived the rest of my family had been well taken care of until we arrived. The GM and the assistant GM came and found us to make sure we were taken care of. The only complaint we have is, at times we found there were not enough bartenders at the swimup bar and there was cigar smoking allowed in the pool.(this was only one larger party that was there for a wedding) We talked to the GM about this and she was not aware of people being allowed to smoke in the pool and would look into the matter. You are allowed to take drinks to your room but they must be in non-breakable glasses and hotel staff will transfer your drink over for you or give you a fresh drink to take to your room. The rooms are bug free(yippe) and this may be why food can't be taken from the resturants to your room. There is a solution, they do offer room service an no charge . One should take responsibility when traveling especially when going to an island or other country, take simple over the counter remedies with you that you may need it will make your stay much more pleasent. We had a GREAT time at this resort my sister-in-law had a GREAT birthday and perhaps when on vacation we should all learn to do what the locals do and RELAX!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

First time in Jamaica, and thanks to this wonderful resort we will be back again, and again. To start with the rooms are beautiful, large and very very clean. The entire resort is spotless and very new looking. The beach and water is amazing, some of the best we have seen, and if you prefer the pool side it is just as beautiful. We cant say enough about te resort. The food was amazing from the Buffet, to all the many restaurants to choose from. We loved every place that we tried. Finally, the people. We have never stayed at a friendlier place..... EVER. From the the moment we checked in we felt welcomed and in good hands. all the staff are amazing, from the management, to the wait staff, bartenders. house cleaning and everyone we dealt with. Finally A HUGE SHOUT OUT to the entertainment team. MoMo, Happy Feat, VIP, OMG and everyone else on that team, Thank you for making our vacation. Very special and talented people who will keep you entertained all day and night long. This is the best resort we have ever stayed at! Thank you all once again

Colin

Room Tip: Any room will have a great view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I won't repeat what a lot of people have already said.... yes, every room is an ocean view, the grounds are gorgeous. The pool is amazing and beach is well maintained.

We went in October, which is still the rainy season, but it was usually nice in the morning, it would rain for 30-90 minutes in the late afternoon, and then it would clear up at night. Plus, the Suites has a very nice indoor whirlpool and wellness pool area, so there are bad weather options. (Although it was a bit disappointing that the whirl pool temperatures were not working... the hot tub was barely lukewarm.)

If you're like us and were debating between booking here, the Beach or Grand... we did walk through the Beach Hotel and it also appears nice, but bigger and more rowdy. The Grand seemed very quiet from what we could see... not too busy. But nicer pool and beach chairs (ours were just plastic)

My only complaint about the Rose Hall Suites room itself was that the in room minibar was pretty pathetic. Too limited. No snacks at all, only a couple sodas and a couple of beers in the fridge. It was not easy to get the beer in the fridge restocked either since they say they only refill every other day. We tipped and managed to get service a little more often. You're not supposed to take glasses to the room, so if you want a drink, you're stuck in the bars, or running down to the bars to get plastic cups of beer. Compared to another resort we stayed at, it was just disappointing we didn't have the flexibility to have more drink options in our room. And sometimes on like your anniversary trip or a honeymoon, you might want to spend some time relaxing in the room ;-)

The dining options were fine, but the only one where the food wowed us was the Gourmet. It's just typical resort mass-produced food, but it's not bad at all. (Avoid the smoked salmon or any uncooked fish on the appetizer buffet... I got pretty sick the first night, and I think it was from that.) My only real complaint about dining options is that I would have loved more local food options. Curried goat... jerk chicken and pork.... The Jamaican buffet on the beach on Thursday was the best! How about offering something like that every day!? We grabbed a cab to go up the road to Scotchies, which looks like a shack from the road, but it's really a pretty cool place to grab some authentic local food, and it was delicious.

We had a friend with us who insisted on going into the city to see Montego Bay and see the historic sites. Not worth it. One was a tiny museum, the other site (an old jail) was turned into a gift shop.... so while the experience was interesting, I do not recommend it. Just stay at the resort and relax on the beach... trust me. Oh and we grabbed a quick bite at a local place which I am certain charged us more than double what they would charge anyone else. Rip off.

For excursions, we went to Dunn River Falls... and is it touristy? Yes. But it was very fun and worth it. Just be careful because we heard about a lot of people who hurt themselves... it's NOT as easy as they say it is, but it's not difficult... just treacherous. We booked through the Jamaician Tours place there at the hotel, and it was a fine tour, but the lunch at the Ruins in Ocho Rios was HORRIBLE. They say it's legit Jamaician, but it's just a resort buffet, and our rice was cold and crunchy and the curried goat was all bones and no meat and the jerk chicken was tough. And it costs you 15 bucks. You can book the tour without the lunch, but then you don't get the shopping, and the pottery shop was really a highlight for me... such beautiful artwork. So I guess you can decide what your priority is.

Finally... we also went on an excursion to the luminous lagoon. We booked it through the place where you get the snorkeling gear (at the end of the beach, just past the Beach resort) and you take a boat ride out there and back, and it's all you can drink. It was a fun adventure. We jumped in the water in the dark and our hands literally glowed as we moved around in the water... it was really amazing. I highly recommend that trip.
Hope that helps!! Have a great trip!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better ocean views, but all rooms have good ocean views
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
QUEENS ,NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We just came back from our vacation yesterday and I had to write a review. This place was great. Everyone was friendly including the front desk. The room was ok, I've been at better, but the pool and the beach made up for that. They serviced the room twice a day and it was always kept clean and our stuff was super safe. The food was actually really good the steak and the cajun were our favorites. Even the Mexican was good it was actually better than the food I had when I went to Mexico lol. The breakfast buffet had alot to choose from even oatmeal which was supreb.
The Star Friends are wonderful and they make your trip so much more enjoyable. So people join in on the fun. We drank, relaxed, made friends and had a great time. After reading reviews of this place, I honestly think people need to relax and remember you are on vacation...... We cant wait to go back. Oh and dont forget to try the jerk chicken oh how I miss that lunch meal already.....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Let me start by saying that over the years, I have become less and less a fan of megaresorts. And a megaresort is what Iberostar is. This was the second of 3 hotels that we stayed at on this trip. We (party of 7) went there (Suites) for the wedding of a family member where the wedding party and guests were supposedly booked into a “block of rooms”. Being the large hotel that Iberostar is, we were pretty much scattered around the hotel. They were overbooked for the weekend and some members of the group were upgraded to the Grand the day before. However, the hotel failed to recognize the bride and groom and they were not upgraded!

That said, we arrived in the evening to find that there were no more rooms with 2 beds (having reserved 2 such rooms plus a king bed room 9 months prior to our trip). Checking in was a nightmare because of the bedding situation. Yes, I realize that bedding configuration is not "guaranteed" but I think they failed to plan appropriately. They offered that “perhaps” there would be 2 bedded rooms available the next day, "if" the people checked out in the morning, and we could move then. However, given that we were only there 3 nights the preference was to have the rooms assigned only once!

Other family members had booked single rooms and were given rooms with 2 beds (instead of 1 king). One was kind enough to swap her room with us so that our young men were able to have their own beds.

The rooms are spacious and clean. Towel service is provided twice daily and toiletries are replaced frequently. Internet service is only available in the lobby (free of charge) or in their computer room for a fee. The internet access did not work the first 2 days we were there. Finally, someone from the IT department did speak to me saying that they did not see any issues. Shortly thereafter, the access was more stable/available!! Perhaps it was because I explained that we needed to be in touch with others for business purposes.

The food is the run-of-the-mill mass-produced fare. There is a lot, but it is not of a very high quality (as is typical in all inclusive buffets) nor is it very tasty. The very small Jamaican corner had dishes that were not prepared as a typical Jamaican cook would have done. Therefore, guests who are unfamiliar with Jamaican dishes would be left wondering if that was all there was to the dishes. I did ask one of the waitresses and they said that the tourists would not want all the spices that are typically in Jamaican dishes. I feel differently in that those who want to try Jamaican food should be served authentic Jamaican food. If you prefer to have something other than Jamaican dishes, those are there for you…..pasta, pizza, etc.

The wedding ceremony was held on the beach, overlooking the water....a very special and beautiful setting. The wedding reception was held in one of the restaurants, which on a typical night, requires that men be dressed in pants. Since the wedding was on the beach, a few men wore shorts and were informed upon entering the restaurant/reception that shorts were not allowed in since we were in "a fine dining restuatrant". One guest suggested that this was a closed affair and since the bride/groom were quite alright with their guests in shorts, then he was not going to change. The lady kept insisting that because it was a "fine dining" restaurant, he had to change. Upon asking for the manager to come in, all the pressure went away, and that was the end of the "fine dining" pressure. She was clearly working within the parameters of her job and was unable to make a decision based on the situation.

The food served at the reception (I had the fish) was inedible, and looking around my table, most people felt the same way about their meals. The service was disjoined and all the meals did not come out at roughly the same time.

That night, my daughter became ill from her dinner (the steak which she ony nibbled at) and needed some Pepto-Bismol. The front desk representative told me that we would have to get that from the nurse and there is a $25 visit fee for her to assess my daughter before she could provide (sell) us a bottle. It was very late and the front desk was not sure if there were any pharmacies in Montego Bay that were open at that time, but they did offer that there is a doctor who receives patients anytime. Since we decided that we needed neither a nurse nor a doctor, I set out to find some tea, hoping that would calm her stomach. There was only 1 restaurant open at that time (the Mexican place) so I went there to ask for some tea – preferably mint or ginger. They had neither (only regular, decaf and 1 other type) so I asked for some hot water, remembering that I had a piece of fresh ginger in the room (having been given some at the hotel we stayed at before this stop). The waitres brought the water in a cup and when I turned to leave, she told me that I could not take the cup out of the restaurant. I asked for a disposable cup, which she had to go and find. I asked for a lid, but there were none, she said. Rather than return to the room with lukewarm water, I used a saucer from one of the tables as the lid and told her that I would return it the following day. The overall experience to get something to settle a queasy stomach was very irritating and difficult and made me realize – once again – why I do not like mega resorts. Everyone works within the parameters of their job.....again.

The beach is very inviting with small amounts of seaweed close to shore. This is not an issue and there was one area in the shallow waters where one can snorkel (not a lot to see though). The sand is not the “best” white sand since it is not as powdery as the natural beaches. For me, powdery sand is indicative of a “great” Jamaican beach!!

There are shady as well as sunny areas on the beach, so everyone can find what suites them. Bar service on the beach was convenient.

Disco on Thursday night was on the quiet side….a lot of people having a good time on Friday and Saturday night.

Generally, it appears that the staff tries to be helpful, generally....just our experience with the staff at the front desk, the IT department and the "fine dining restaurant" was less than desired.

Liked a lot: drying rack on the balcony for swimsuits; fresh fruit juices at breakfast.

Disliked a lot: lazy river extremely lazy in some spots; less than optimal wireless access; towel return policy (you have to bring your beach towels to check out)

Room Tip: "garden view" is less costly and the folks who were in these room also had a view of the o...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This was our second Iberostar hotel but first time to Jamaica, and it was our best holiday so far!

The hotel is immaculate, it is far more impressive than the Iberostar Beach to its right, and almost of the same standard as the Iberostar Grand on its left, but the beach for the Suites was the nicest. Plus all the staff are so helpful and friendly, especially the guys at the swim up pool bar, they can very easily become your best friends by the end of the holiday!

I don't have anything to fault the hotel for, it's 8 a la cartes and a superb buffet restaurant meant that the food was varied and very good quality, especially the authentic Jamaican dishes they prepared.

Also, don't miss the beach barbecues that happen once a week, they have a great steel pan band play there and again the food is phenomenal!

There are lots of excursions on offer but the best day we had was the Black River, YS waterfalls and Appleton Rum Tour...you get to see crocodiles, swim in the very beautiful falls and then try the amazing rum all in one day!

Book this hotel, you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: As far as we could see, all the rooms have a sea view (obviously some better than others) so no need...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!