“6th time and booked again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$209 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
kent
“6th time and booked again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

have re booked for next october, hotel has a fantastic water park which my 9 year old son loves,the pool is not too deep and we feel he is safe around the pool with plenty of life guards.The pool can get a bit full of children at times but there is the other larger pool which is peaceful and only a couple of children most times.there is along beach,1 end is quiet only a handful of people the other has water sports,music and more people,so if you want to chill there are plenty of places to go.The Palms is a fine resturant with good staff.
Staff remember us each time we go wich makes it nice and having stayed at many other hotels around the caribbean this hotels staff are the nicest you will ever meet.The kids club staff are wonderful with my son he loves it in there,they play plenty of games all day not just sitting in front of game consols all day.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,107)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Spent a week here(April 19 to 24). Everything was top notch. Staff are friendly and professional. Tips are most appreciated--remember a dollar means way more to them than it does to us. Food is very good especially at the Sea breeze Grill and the Luna de Mare. For an excellent breakfast omelette with a big smile and a warm greeting you can't beat Kevin Spence at Fresh. The resort should give this guy a bonus because he epitomizes what people want when they come to Jamaica-- a big friendly greeting and quality service.

The nightly entertainment offers something for everyone during the course of the week from ages 1 to 81. Our room was great on the golf course side of the resort with a view of great sunsets, the ocean and the old sugar mill ruins. The beach is smaller than some resorts but offers a range of options from action packed by the lazy river/activities end to quiet and secluded at the golf course end.

• Stayed April 2010
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

The rooms were tidy and clean.The people were wonderful, the beach was clean, not too crowded, enjoyed the lazy river and swim up bar. The night life was not great, but by being out in the sun all day, eating the wonderful food and drinking red stripe I was ready for bed by 10 PM anyway. If you are looking for a party place I would go to Cancun, but if you want a vacation with your signficant other or with your kids, you can't go wrong at Rose Hall. Wanted to go golfing, but I couldn't justify $200 for a round of golf. It had a great fitness center.
I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

We went to the Rose Hall Resort for a wedding. When we got there, our room was not ready so we had to wait. Our premium package only included bottom shelf drinks and no bottled water or room service. The staff insisted that they take care of your luggage and then insist on a tip afterward. The food was awful. The sister of the groom had her camera and belongings stolen on the beach and when she inquired of them, she was told they were taken for her protection and she had to pay to get them back. The hotel was unprepared for rain for the ceremony and the preacher was 15 min late. The bride and groom ended up with a standard room with two beds. Good views - waterpark was fun. I can find the same thing elsewhere without issues for the same or lesser price.

• Stayed April 2010
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I am a very seasoned traveller and have been to Jamaica MANY times. The hotel I wanted for Spring Break was sold out so I chose this resort as I have an 8 year old son and there's a new waterpark. Well, I was completely dissappointed. ALL the beach chairs were gone by 6 am with no one showing up to occupy them until after lunch; the rooms had very limited amenities; you can't get reservations at the specialty restaurants unless you can eat at 9:30 pm; the most of the staff seemed to care less that people with out wrist bands (meaning they weren't on the all-inclusive plan) were gorging themselves at breakfast, lunch and dinner while not having a paid a dime extra. I told the dining room manager that I had noticed this and I was told that they were aware that this was an ongoing problem and that they were working on it. Yeah, on my $$$$ and it wasn't cheap!

In addition, the beach is not very good and the surf because of the rocky location is very rough and cloudly. It also isn't truly all-inclusive like a Beaches resort. You had to pay extra for glass bottom boat and banana boat rides. Rediculous!

I made the best of it but even my 8 yeard old was ready to go home in 4 days!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Just returned from 4 nights at the Hilton Rose Hall and traveled with two kids 7 and under. They ask every day if they can go back and I miss it too. The hotel is beautiful and you can see the ocean from almost every spot. The waterpark is really fun for both kids and adults and I love that the swim up bar is in the water park!! My 3 year old was able to do the 3 fun slides by herself (tho she is more daring than most) and my 7 year old loved both the smaller slids and the big one with the tube. The lazy river is fun too. There is a ton of shade in the waterpark which is great for not getting burned, and the vegetation is beautiful. There is also a fun playground and swing set for kids. We did the morning power walk, the late morning water aerobics, husband played volleyball and the kids did a couple activities by the pool. Personally, I think the beach and ocean on Florida's gulf coast is prettier, but the sand was nice and cleaned every morning and the water was a pretty color. If you want pristine beaches, go to Negril. But having small children, it was much easier to stay somewhere 15 minutes from the airport. Our kids wanted to be in the pool all day anyway. Overall, we thought the food was pretty good. Lots of different choices each night at the Fresh Buffet and we were able to get reservations at the Italian place and at the golf course restaurant. Both were excellent. You can't make reservations before arriving, I tried calling and they said you had to be checked in first. We made our reservations seconds after arriving and had no problems getting what we wanted. The jerk chicken as the seaside restaurant was amazing, and such a gorgeous view too! A downside is that as far as we could find, there is no snack food option from 2:30 until 6pm, so bring snacks from home. You can't even get ice cream in that time frame. We did the all inclusive plan and felt we got our moneys worth, especially with drinks. I think perhaps we went at a quiet non-spring break time, but we never had trouble getting lounge chairs and the hotel and room were very quiet at night. Unless you are an extremely picky person, this hotel is a true gem!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New Bruswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We Travelled with a group to the Rose Hall. Everything was set up for us so the check-in process was easy, I don't know how it would be on your own. Staff is all so friendly and helpful. They ALL greated me with smiles and/or in need of anything. The food was so good. We ate in all the places except Three Palms. The beach is cloudy, but still very nice. Water park is really neat and I loved the swim-up bar. The rooms are a good size, but the bathrooms are small ~ but really you don't spend that much time in your rooms ~ Great trip, beautiful resort and I would go back in a heartbeat. 5 stars in my opinion!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!