“Best Deal For Experience in Montego - Read Pros & Cons Below” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$209 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Bristol, Connecticut
“Best Deal For Experience in Montego - Read Pros & Cons Below”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Overall - it was a great hotel with many activities to do for the most reasonable price in the area. I was very pleased with my stay as a first time all-inclusive guest.

Pros - I doubt you will find a better water park any where in Jamaica. The lazy river is very peaceful and fun. They have two water slides which are decently fast. The hotel staff, especially the waiters at the restaurants, were extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms were average, but clean. I'm not a big golfer, but our hotel room overlooked the Hilton golf course right next door which looked amazing. The food was well beyond my expectations for an all inclusive hotel. Breakfast offers an omelette station, eggs, meats, pastries and cereal. For lunch you can either go to the buffet, one of the outside restaurants, or grab a hot dog, hamburger, or Jamaican beef patty from the grill (I had a patty every day I was there :-) I was very impressed with the dinner selection from the 3 main dinner restaurants. Don't get me wrong, it was not like eating at Ruth Chris's steakhouse or anything, but they meals all were very good and had unique flavors. Every dinner would have at least cost $80 (for 2 people) if we were to get the meals at a real restaurant - so I thought it was nice to have it included in our stay. My girlfriend and I utilized the wind surfing with help of a guide almost every day which was fun. Every night they had a band or event around 8 or 9 which was always entertaining. Needless to say with the amount of drinks and food my girlfriend and I had paired with the flight costs - I'm not sure how the Hilton even made money with us there! We took 3 excursions while there which we booked at the hotel - Dolphins Cove, Dunns River Falls, and the Catamaran snorkeling/Margaritaville tour. All which I would highly recommend.

Cons - Sometimes on crowded days you may not get a tube for the lazy river quickly. There is no top shelf liquor at any of the bars to even purchase as an extra cost. If you want some there are small bottles 4 times their normal value at the gift shop, and only a few of them. Best bet is to have the taxi stop on the way from the airport to the hotel if you like better drinks. The beach has very choppy water - so if you are going to this hotel based on utilizing the non motorized water sports you may want to reconsider. Out of the 6 days I was there, kayaking was only allowed for 1 morning. Also - it down-pour one day and the ocean stayed semi cloudy for the remainder of the trip.

Cons of an all-inclusive in general - Well, even though I drank my fair share while I was there, the "well" drinks started to get gross after a while. My girlfriend and I consider ourselves adventurers and foodies, but being contained on an all-inclusive resort really doesn't allow that experience. However, in Jamaica, there's really not any "great restaurants" or places to walk to near a city - so I guess it didn't matter.

Room Tip: I don't know that there is a bad view from the hotel, but ocean view or golf course view is a pl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,102)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
nyc, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

i found most things to be to my satisfaction---great service good food-good weather-maybe because i had come to jamacia for the fifth time and stayed at ther hilton 3 times,the variety of the food selections was getting boring-not to say that it was not good which it was-but possibly the novelty was waring off

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I with our 9 and 11 year old daughters stayed 9/20/13-9/28/13. When we arrived at the resort at about 1pm we were checked in right away. Our room was clean and had a perfect view. Room 601. We spent most of our time at the pool since the waterpark was the girls favorite. My husband and I enjoyed the drinks and lazy river. The girls enjoyed their frozen fruit drinks and the water slides. I will admit my husband and I did too! We enjoyed the drinks and the food. We loved the buffet. However, we never had a bad meal at any place! There was something for all of us, and we really enjoyed the pasta stir fry nights. I will say, that the desserts could be better in the buffet. When we ate at Luna, the dessert was delicious. The desserts in the buffet have a pre-packaged look and taste. Evening shows were entertaining and fun, but we never stayed for the entire show, because we were so tired from the days activities. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and we always slept very well. No hot water or water pressure issues either. The staff was always kind and professional. We always had enough towels and if we ever needed anything, there was no troubles! We always felt that our needs were always met, and we never went without. We even took advantage of the onsite photo desk. Overall, we had a wonderful time and we will be returning guests.

Room Tip: 601 is a partial ocean view and on the corner facing the golf course.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The rooms were cold and depressing, sheets had some stains at times,not a picture on a wall, white, cold and pathetic looking!! The food was disgusting at Fresh, Luna and Three Palms are the only place you will enjoy a real meal! No beach at all, the Hilton believes that approximately 50 feet of sand is suppose to be a beach. It is marked for adults only but many children were on it. No restrictions. The staff at Fresh look worn, probably because they are so miserable!! Met GM WHO APPRECIATED MY FEEDBACK, BUT NOTHING CHANGED WHILE I WAS THERE! I also met the food and beverage director, who also wanted my feedback, he sent me an amenity, which hasn't and will not change my view of the presentation at the buffets. I suggested keeping the baked on brown gravy off the sides of the servers to make it look more appetizing, and possibly using better ingredients to serve at the pasta bar. Also maybe use a bowl to place cheese for pasta in rather than a large yellow Pot.
I had a visitor who lives in Jamaica visit me. As I strolled down the lobby with my visitor, I was stopped by security and was told he was not allowed further then the Lobby. It not only embarrassed my guest but I was mortified. The locals are treated as if they live in a third world country! I have visited Jamaica nearly 38 times and never stayed at the Hilton, any resort I was at, ( The Ritz mainly) I was entitled to have visitors. I love the kind, loving people of Jamaica, and I have made some wonderful friends, who should not be restricted to a certain area because they are Jamaican. The Hilton rule is they are to not allowed to go passed the lobby. If I signed a document that they are visiting me, I the guest should be responsible for there visit. It truly was humiliating!!!
The staff at the pool, David and Christopher were amazing and made my stay enjoyable, at least they were smiling all the time!. Any drinks that you ordered are below low shelf liquors and must be watered down. It is all inclusive, so I guess that's where they make there money. The outdoor cabana massage was worth it, the spa it self is very nice. I would NOT recommend this Hotel! Try Secrets, Iberostar, Half Moon, or wait for the old Ritz that is becoming the Hyatt to open. It will be sooo worth it! I will never stay at the HILTON!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Resort for your recent stay. We appreciate your supportive comments about the staff at the pool and about the food in Luna di Mare and Three Palms. However, we are quite disheartened to read the negative impression you had on other aspects of your stay and are disappointed that our beautiful Resort was not the right fit for you.

To clarify our procedure, the safety and security of our guests is paramount and we do have in place a visitors policy for all non-registered guests coming into our property. Regarding your feedback about our food & beverage offerings, although our team strives each day to exceed our guest’s expectations, we know that errors do happen yet we remain committed to continuously improve upon our product and service.

Please be assured that your valuable comments have already been shared with our management team while you were still on-site in an effort to improve upon our guest’s experience.

Yours sincerely,

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Value: First check other online travel agent and keep Air Canada Vacation at the end of the list since they are more expensive and poor in-flight service is their policy. We could have gotten a much better deal for the same hotel and the same period from Air Transat.
Positive aspects: Nice, helpful and welcoming staff, very clean and well maintained, excellent rooms with beautiful view of the beach and highly comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast buffet.
Not so good: Polluted beach with seaweed and other trash, The beach was constantly cleaned but vawes brought more junk and seaweed. The beach floor is rocky and painful to walk on. During the week we stayed there, we saw only a couple of dozen guests who used the beach. The main swimming pool is much smaller than other all inclusive hotels we stayed at. Buffet restaurant had poor selection of food at noon and for dinner. Italian à la carte was OK but the food at the Seaside Grill à la carte was not good.
Disturbing aspect: Only one bar served drinks after sunset which is located right above the noisy entertainment area with load music. This made guests sitting around the bar shout in order to be heard. The combination of two noises was unbearable.

Room Tip: Take higher floor rooms of east wing to enjoy more daylight and better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear WandererBo,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our beautiful resort. We appreciate that you have highlighted our helpful and welcoming staff as well as our excellent rooms and breakfast buffet. At the same time, we are quite disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations of your other meals. Our food variety and quality is usually well-received. If we would have been informed of your dissatisfaction during your visit one of our skilled chefs would have welcomed the opportunity to customize a meal for you.

We take your feedback constructively and please be assured that your comments will be shared with our culinary and management team in an effort to continuously improve upon our product and services.

We do hope that we may welcome you again on one of your future travels to Montego Bay.

Yours sincerely,

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Just returned from short trip, December 10-14. I have stayed at a number of all inclusive properties in Mexico, Punta Cana, Jamaica, etc. While it is an older property, it is only the rooms that you really notice the age. From a room perspective, I would rate as a 3.5 star. However, the service was probably the best I have ever experienced. The staff are great, very friendly, happy and accommodating. I would also rate the food very high as well. Overall, I would rate the property a 4 star. The rooms and beach, would be rated low, but offset by excellent service and great food. It is a good location, 15 mins from airport. Cinnamon Hill is an excellent golf course right at hotel. There are 2 water slide for kids and everyone. I would have no hesitation recommending or returning to HRH.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Water slide made the whole trip wonderful. Food was good. Buffet was good but need more options. The staff went out of their to make our stay that more memorable. Would definitely return. Beach was good. Racked every morning of anything that washed up on it during the night. Room was great and a good size and very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!