“A nice all inclusive hotel on a bad beach and below average food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa

Special Rate
$209 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Montreal
“A nice all inclusive hotel on a bad beach and below average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Value: First check other online travel agent and keep Air Canada Vacation at the end of the list since they are more expensive and poor in-flight service is their policy. We could have gotten a much better deal for the same hotel and the same period from Air Transat.
Positive aspects: Nice, helpful and welcoming staff, very clean and well maintained, excellent rooms with beautiful view of the beach and highly comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast buffet.
Not so good: Polluted beach with seaweed and other trash, The beach was constantly cleaned but vawes brought more junk and seaweed. The beach floor is rocky and painful to walk on. During the week we stayed there, we saw only a couple of dozen guests who used the beach. The main swimming pool is much smaller than other all inclusive hotels we stayed at. Buffet restaurant had poor selection of food at noon and for dinner. Italian à la carte was OK but the food at the Seaside Grill à la carte was not good.
Disturbing aspect: Only one bar served drinks after sunset which is located right above the noisy entertainment area with load music. This made guests sitting around the bar shout in order to be heard. The combination of two noises was unbearable.

Room Tip: Take higher floor rooms of east wing to enjoy more daylight and better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear WandererBo,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our beautiful resort. We appreciate that you have highlighted our helpful and welcoming staff as well as our excellent rooms and breakfast buffet. At the same time, we are quite disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations of your other meals. Our food variety and quality is usually well-received. If we would have been informed of your dissatisfaction during your visit one of our skilled chefs would have welcomed the opportunity to customize a meal for you.

We take your feedback constructively and please be assured that your comments will be shared with our culinary and management team in an effort to continuously improve upon our product and services.

We do hope that we may welcome you again on one of your future travels to Montego Bay.

Yours sincerely,

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,102)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Just returned from short trip, December 10-14. I have stayed at a number of all inclusive properties in Mexico, Punta Cana, Jamaica, etc. While it is an older property, it is only the rooms that you really notice the age. From a room perspective, I would rate as a 3.5 star. However, the service was probably the best I have ever experienced. The staff are great, very friendly, happy and accommodating. I would also rate the food very high as well. Overall, I would rate the property a 4 star. The rooms and beach, would be rated low, but offset by excellent service and great food. It is a good location, 15 mins from airport. Cinnamon Hill is an excellent golf course right at hotel. There are 2 water slide for kids and everyone. I would have no hesitation recommending or returning to HRH.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Water slide made the whole trip wonderful. Food was good. Buffet was good but need more options. The staff went out of their to make our stay that more memorable. Would definitely return. Beach was good. Racked every morning of anything that washed up on it during the night. Room was great and a good size and very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Hilton Rose Hall completely exceeded my expectations. I've only had one other all-inclusive experience which was not good (think budget college trip), so I had set the bar pretty low for my 2nd trip to an all inclusive (I stayed here for work). After staying here I would say this is 4 star property with 5 star guest service. The best part of the Hilton Rose Hall is definitely the staff! Every single staff member I met was incredibly friendly. The greeter was so welcoming, the front desk staff was professional and friendly (thank you Kimona!), the bartenders, restaurant associates, and housekeeping were always smiling, and the lifeguards and pool/beach staff were great too! I needed directions to the restroom and an off-duty lifeguard escorted me instead of just pointing which was very kind. Garry at the watersports was the best! The property itself was beautiful too and the grounds were really well maintained. My favorite part of my stay here was the lazy river and water slide; and at the end of my fifth and final day, I still wasn't bored because there is so much to do here. My advice to future guests is to request a renovated, ocean front room (mine was and I loved my room! Bright white and super clean!). Also, some of my colleagues were not in love with the food here, but if you come in with the expectation that the food is prepared to serve a huge amount of people, you may end up being surprised. I thought there was a good variety of healthy items and also local specialties and if you're in the mood for something more basic, you will find plenty of pizza and burgers too. The jerk chicken at the hotel is actually very good, but I also had awesome jerk chicken at Scotchies up the road, and a wonderful fine-dining meal at the Sugar Mill Restaurant at Half Moon. In summary, if you're looking for a and guest service is something you care about, then stay here!

Room Tip: my renovated ocean front room was beautiful, clean, and had a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and I had a great time at the Hilton Rose Hall in Montego bay. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. In particular, Casey who works at Mangos did a superb job of looking after us. He went above and beyond the standard to ensure our enjoyable stay. From the food, to the wonderful weather, to the relaxing environment, we enjoyed it all! I highly recommend this resort to couples, groups of friends or families. Thank you Hilton Rose Hall and thank you Casey!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Camden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We traveled to the Hilton Rose Hall over the Thanksgiving holiday which included my husband and two young children (8 and 4). What a fantastic resort! The hotel and grounds are impeccably kept. The place was beautiful. Our room was not ready when we arrived as we got there before check-in but were told we could store our luggage and enjoy the resort while our room was getting ready. We did just that. We enjoyed a walk through the resort and a late lunch at Mangoes. When we were finished our room was ready. Our room was partial ocean view and I was pleasantly surprised by how much of the ocean was in our view. It was a great location. My children enjoyed the lazy river the best as well as the swim up bar where they always ordered pink lemonades. I enjoyed both pools as well as the beach (though the beach is a bit small). There are plenty of activities for kids to enjoy too. We ate at all of the restaurants and enjoyed every one. The staff at the Hilton were wonderful and made sure we had beverages and that everything was ok.

My son became ill during our stay and was promptly cared for by the hotel physician and treated with antibiotics. I would especially like to say thanks to Simone who helped me with insurance forms that needed to be completed by the doctor since coming back from our trip. She even followed up with a phone call.

I would recommend this resort to anyone. It's especially great for families!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My family and the other family we were traveling with participated in the "Jamaica for a day" resort program you can do as an excursion from a cruise ship. This was such a fun day, and we are so glad we did it.
Not only is the staff very welcoming.. they had everyone checked in quickly. We had access to the pools, 3 food establishments, several bars, wi-fi, the water park and non-motorized sports. The *only* thing about the staff that bothered me was when the 6 of us walked out to the pool to decide where to sit... we were immediately "stalked" by an attendant. He was "trying" to help us find seats but honestly, it was pushy and intrusive and I felt like he just wanted a tip. I wanted to be left alone to find seats on our own because I am more than capable. Other than that pushy employee, everything else was fine.
We had lunch at the Seaside Grill and it was delicious! The chicken strips for my son were so good that my husband ended up eating them and giving my son his burger! haha! I had the Rose Hall Club and it was very very good. We really enjoyed lunch.
The drinks we were able to have unlimited were very good. I was definitely a little tipsy for a good portion of our stay.
The water slides were SO MUCH FUN, especially the tube one... my son had a BLAST. So did I - I got to play like a kid again. It was tough finding tubes.. you really need to hold onto yours. And many weren't as inflated.
I had such a fun stay for the day that we would definitely do this again on a cruise. Thanks Hilton Rose Hall!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!