“great for family and business too” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$139 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
A TripAdvisor Member
“great for family and business too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been to the Hilton Rose Hall several times both on business and vacation. After a rough day at a conference floating on the tubes in the "lazy river" is heavenly relaxing. Meals were excellent in the restaurants....the buffet had a good mix of choices, very convenient and good quality, though as would be expected is less savoury than the reservation type retaurants at the hotel. One of the two outdoor hot tubs was not hot and it was my favourite one in past visits....I like the waterfall ....and the water slides blend well into the landscaping ....the aqueduct captures the ambiance of the old ruin in the golf course....its a charming place ...all the guests i spoke with were pleased....beach swimming here is not the best in jamaica but that was not a distraction with all the other options to swim....I liked the Hobie cats and the kayaks , all included in my price....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3,385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,016)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Rosthern, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Mere words cannot describe my love and appreciation for Jamaica and this resort! Great family location, world class service and beautiful resort.

The Good

-service, I have been to Mexico and Cuba, and the service levels are not even close, Hilton staff are amazing and they will take care of you
-all-inclusive, I have been to many resorts and if you like to party or drink a lot, they free pour, if you don't want a lot of alcohol, they still serve you with a smile
-the a la carte restaurants, The Three Palms is an absolute must, the service and staff are fantastic and my family still talks about them (I have two teenagers that don't normally care about anything)
-I like to go late into the tourist season, as there are less people there, the staff was still plentiful and amazing
-the beach was great, the ocean was awesome and they serve you drinks on the beach
-on-grounds souvenirs, while not the cheapest you will find (see Bonus Section below) you will find them kind and accommodating
-security was all over the beaches preventing the guests from being harassed by peddlers and "street pharmacists"
-free shuttle to the Rose Hall Shoppes, very simple and safe
-the Lazy River in the pool, awesome, fun and leads you to the swim up bar
-Purple Lightning, Bob Marley and Toasted Almond are my favourite drinks

The Bad

-the elevators and stairs, the elevators (only 2) were not always reliable and just not enough for a resort of this size, the stairs, once found, were much faster
-the resort layout was a little "unique" and not easy to locate the Kids Room or Theatre, very inconspicuous location

Bonus Section

-the Hip Strip, best place to go for shopping IF you like the hustling and aggressive bargaining over souvenirs and gifts, they will be all over you like white on rice, I love this challenge and I will work them as hard as they work me! If you are introverted, shy or unable to haggle, then through in head phones and ignore their antics. Still a must see!
-Margaritaville on the Hip Strip, most definitely a tourist trap, take lots of money if you go there, still a great experience
-Rose Hall Shoppes, higher end stores, do not haggle much, more casual and laid back
-if you are American, they will sell you Cuban cigars and replace the wrappers with Jamaican so you can get through customs, thankfully being Canadian I did not have to play that game
-average monthly income in Jamaica is $200 (not including tips) where the average rent is $200 per month, tip when you get good service,don't tip when they don't take care of you, just don't be cheap!

Final Thoughts

As I said in my title, this is the resort that I use as the benchmark for every other resort. I have been here twice and I want to go back. Not to take away from Mexico & Cuba, but the service levels there versus Hilton & other Jamaican resorts are day & night. I have made friends in Jamaica that I still talk to 2 years later! The cost of Jamaica has skyrocketted so I do not know when I can go back, but when I do it will be the Hilton Rose Hall & Spa.

Room Tip: Room facing the golf course are less expensive and at times a source of great amusement!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had an awesome stay here in October 24-28, 2013. The food was excellent, entertainment provided caught my eye, and the hospitality of the staff was superior. From Casey (a server in the restaurant), Brandon (a front desk rep), Clayton (a chef), and Preston (a bellman), we were always greeted with a smile and they made sure we were informed on things going on at the resort. Casey shared with us one of his special drinks, which we had the pleasure of naming "All Of the Above," and he informed us about the nightlife in the city center of Montego Bay that the hotel provided roundtrip transportation. Casey also took time to answer any questions we may of had about the culture of the people and history of island. Clayton took time out of the kitchen to make sure our needs were being met and that any questions we had were being answered. He also personally served us at one our lunches. Preston always kept his eye on us (and our things) to make it easier for us to enjoy all that the resort had to offer from the moment we stepped in the from door to the final moments of our departure. Even the woman who did my laundry offered to sew a pair of my best friend's pants that were ripped! The beautiful pools and beaches are on constant replay in my memory. There was never a dull moment and we had the time of our life! The beauty of the resort and humbleness of the staff was remarkable. I can not wait to go back! "Kudos," Hilton Rose Hall!

Room Tip: Ocean view on the ground floor with access to pool and beach!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Outstanding time at the Hilton Rose Hall from October 29th, 2013 - November 6th, 2013. Absolutely loved the experience. The most incredible component of our time at the Hilton Rose Hall would have to be the beautiful Jamaican people that work at the hotel. Countless staff members showed us such kindness and service from the meals to the care at the front desk to our room being cleaned. We must say thank you to several who went above and beyond! Shareika and Suzette who did our turn down service in the evening you are such lovely gracious ladies. Nadia in the lobby came to our rescue with the Expedia fiasco!! Thank you Nadia! Keisha and Leonie, also from the lobby, were such a blessing to us not only in working out the mess with Expedia but in hooking us up with Chukka Tours. Melrose and Lacy in Fresh...two lovely ladies with such servant hearts. Danak and Charlotte at the Seaside Grill are two wonderful people...absolutely delightful! The lovely woman that seats the guests at the Seaside Grill is wonderful (I'm sorry I didn't get your name). Great waiters in the Italian restaurant, Bevon and Craig, plus all the gentlemen in the Three Palms...wonderful service. Food was excellent at all three of the ala carte restaurants. We also enjoyed the buffet in Fresh. Last but not least I have to mention a young man named Kamar Kaye. Kamar is absolutely delightful, friendly, out-going, and remembers the names of the guests! Kamar, you are the best! Thank you for such excellent customer service. We loved our overall experience at the Hilton Rose Hall. Truly a blessed time in Jamaica.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is our second trip back to Hilton Rose Hall!

This is a perfect spot for family with young children. We love that it isn't a huge property- no pain returning to our room as needed. There were lots of families with little kids so our kids never got bored and made friends with other kids.

Cleanliness: I am a bit of a clean freak, and this hotel passed in my opinion...yeah dated rooms if you want to call it that, but they were clean dated and if I can live with it, I think most people can.

Service: Everyone we met was great and there were some that simply went above and beyond and we leave already thinking of a third trip because of them. Devroy- probably the most gracious and pleasant person we met on the trip. Devroy is always smiling and goes out of his way to make sure that guests are happy. Mark, Nataline and Alicia are also amazing and we loved their personable attitudes. We could tell that every single staff we met are extreme hard workers. Most appear there all the time but they put so much passion and joy into what they do and that was very encouraging to see.

Entertainment: The entertainment staff were great. With 5 and 2 year olds we managed to attend all the night entertainment enjoying some of Jamaican musical culture! Some nights were better than others.

Food: Having lived in Jamaica for a few years we always made sure to go for the local meals. We thought that the food was very good. In our opinion, the jerk pork and chicken were just okay to us..maybe because of the lack of extra spice kick (Understandable). My 2 year old son loved the jamaican yam and was known as the 'patty baby' making his round every evening to Mangoes restaurant. My 5 year old loved the nightly stir fry station and quesadillas at lunch. Overall, we thought that there was enough variety to satisfy many.

The only negative issue we had was not having a great option of extending our check-out time, simply because of the kids, as we still had to wait until almost 5pm (7Pm flight). We appreciate that they would do this freely to customers with higher Hilton club status, but when you have very young kids who still need naps, it can be challenging to let them get some rest before the long trip home.

Thank you for another wonderful vacation. We will likely consider a third visit before we venture to other areas.

Great job to all the staff who work tirelessly to satisfying customers!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just got back from a two week holiday at the Hilton, my husband and I had a great time, when we arrived , check in was very quick, we went to our room on the 4th floor which was lovely and clean and spacious, the king size bed was so comfortable , we had a walk around the grounds just to get our bearings as it was 6pm and getting dark . We eat in 'Fresh' which at first I was disappointed , thinking the choice of food was limited, the tables were tin and the armchairs were dirty, we were told to get to breakfast early because you might have to cueue. We did get down early but chose to sit outside which was really lovely. So for the rest of our holiday we sat outside for breakfast and evening meals, which we loved, and even tho I thought the food was limited in choice, the food was excellent and had all you needed, The mango restaurant and seaside grill were great at lunchtimes, we were served by samara, Lacy and T,P who were so friendly, and could.nt do enough for you, they were amazing, I miss them already !!!! And Rosetta who kept us in drinks while sunbathing !! What more could you want. Two small beaches were fine for swimming ( tho take some jelly shoes as a bit rocky in some places) the water park was fantastic and good fun, I felt there was enough to do if you didn't want to leave the hotel, we booked trips as we wanted to see Jamaica , dunns river, black river and ys falls, Bob Marley, Martha brae raffting ,are a must , great days out, we also wanted to go to the The Big Rose Hall House which is meant to be haunted, we went on the night trip and was really interesting, only a 5min shuttle bus away, All in all a lovely lovely holiday, fantastic weather, fantastic Jamaican people. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Minus - not enough shade around the pool, Beach too narrow and not very clean, no TV guide in room, room noise heard from other guests above and next door. Plus- excellent food, staff friendly and helpful, waterpark lots of fun, nightly entertainment very enjoyable, bed comfortable, room very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!