“So glad we picked the Hilton Rose Resort & Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$139 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Benfleet
“So glad we picked the Hilton Rose Resort & Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I read all the reviews before we chose a hotel to experience Jamaica and this was perfect from the short transfer ,surroundings ,hotel restaurants ,pools and beach. The staff are outstanding and made us so welcome from the beach with our free water sports ,pool attendants ,wonderful entertainments staff who give a great show every evening with guest appearances ,to the waiting staff and cleaning staff, grounds men who will cut a coconut for you and out tour rep from Fist choice who explained every trip available . A brilliant 12 days and everyone thanks you for visiting their island which just showed how proud the lovely Jamaican people are. No negatives just pluses from us .You will never be thirsty or hungry as it is all there .Even more fresh food served from 11pm till late. This hotel is great for all ages ! Regards Lisa xx

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and our King size was extremely comfortable
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,029)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous and super relaxing just what I needed on this getaway.I love there is a healthy menu to choose from and the food is healthy and delicious. Shavon and kamar from the
entertainment as well fitness were very professional and attentive to our needs we enjoyed power walking with them and when we went to the disco they were very kind and fun. I will definitely go back next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I love to travel, and we have always taken an International trip for our wedding anniversary. This year we decided to use some of our Hilton points towards the All-Inclusive Hilton Rose Hall Resort. I travel almost every week for business, so I stay in Hiltons across the US. I'd like to make a few comments and specific thanks for making our trip an unforgettable one!

The grounds of this hotel are kept immaculate. You can tell that they focus on that because the staff is up in the early hours of the morning attending to making sure everything looks perfect for you each morning. I would recommend a view on the West side of the Resort as you have fantastic views of the Cinnamon Hill Golf Course and Ocean (with the Sunset views).

I reached out to the GM ahead of the trip to let him know about our anniversary trip, and he was responsive and attentive in helping me out. He went beyond the extra mile to help make sure this was an amazing trip for my wife and me. It started with check-in. We arrived early to the hotel (before check-in time), and so we were having a few drinks while our room was being prepared. Ingrid came and greeted us by name to let us know that our amazing room / suite was available. We saw her a few other times over our stay, and she remembered us by name and always had a smile on her face ready to help in whatever manner possible!

I'm a big breakfast fan, so I was very pleased with the buffet selection for breakfast. Sylvester is a machine working omelettes in the morning. You can tell he's very good at his job as he works on about 6 omelettes at a time while being pleasant to visit with. Job well done.

On to the activities! The Hotel does a great job of giving you options if you get antsy sitting around / lounging all day (like I do). There is a board filled with activities from Hermit Crab Races to Bocce Ball and Volleyball to evening festivities. The entire staff was extremely friendly and made our stay memorable, but I wanted to specifically thank several by name. Daveon was the first activity coordinator we met. He was extremely pleasant and passionate about his job. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time meeting him. He's great at activities, and I'm sure will be equally successful at the front desk or whatever else he puts his mind to. Yuki !! - it's rare that I can meet someone to give me a solid challenge in ping-pong. Jess and I appreciated your lively energy throughout our stay. I had so much fun playing you in ping-pong. We are thankful for your experience at Hilton and the concern for making our trip fun. Kamar! - Jess and I think you might have the most sustaining energy of anyone we've ever met! Kamar did fantastic at his job! He keeps you entertained throughout the day and into the night (MCing for the activities). Your energy and smile are infectious! Thank you for keeping us upbeat and engaged throughout the trip! Shevon! - you're a talented individual. We appreciate you sharing your talents and happiness with us! Made our trip. We continue to talk about the dance moves and energy in the Cricket Club. Also, special thanks to Burton for showing Jess and I how to wind surf! Been a bucket list item of mine for many years.

I spent a lot of this review talking about the staff. You can go to a lot of places that have beautiful views, but it's the people that make the extra difference. What if it rains on your stay? You can't control that, but I can assure you this staff would still keep you entertained and enjoying your vacation.

Mgmt should be thankful for the staff that helps make this a wonderful place to visit!

Respect!
Mr. and Mrs. Jamaica (aka The Shockas)

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have just returned from a 10 night stay at this hotel and what an amazing holiday. From beginning to end we were made to feel welcome and the staff were all so friendly. A special mention to Christopher in "Fresh", Rick in "Seaside Grill" and Colin "Lune Di Mare". The water slide was so much fun and the lazy river really makes this holiday spectacular. I will definitely return to this hotel so ignore the negative reviews. Yes the bathroom could be updated but is that really going to affect your holiday? NO! There is good energy around the pool but also quiet areas for a time out. The food was outstanding and always so much choice, the jerk cart is a must. Even though there is no proper stretch of beach the views and sea are still amazing and water sports still to be done.

Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Read most of the reviews about the Rose Hall Hilton in Jamaica before spending just over two weeks there in August-September. The hotel is not as bad as some of the reviewers make it out to be - except for the stuffy smell and poor air quality in the hallways. A good carpet cleaning and maintenance job should take care of that. The restaurants were good, but getting low-sodium meals was a problem (the folks who prepare the fish dishes really lay on the salt. The amount of salt in the fish offerings would frighten even those who do not have hypertension.) The chefs were great in trying to accommodate us here, but most of the meal offerings were already prepared. The retiree crowd might want to investigate hotels that pay special attention to dietary needs, as this is not a priority for all hotels. I found some great local restaurants (The Drunken Squid, The Chill Out Hut) just up the road from the Hilton that prepared meals just how you want them. The stay at the Hilton was, overall, quite enjoyable, and I would gladly return if the question of reasonably easy availability of low-sodium meals was addressed.

toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just got back from the Hilton Rose Hall two years in a row and would definitely return again next year with the family. Food is good, liquor is good quality, loads of fun for the kids at the lazy pool with the tube slides and body waves. We will be returning in a few months. I'm already counting down.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had a great experience recently at both the hotel and the golf course. Would recommend that golfers ask for caddie Dwight Ledgister, who is a great guy and fabulous caddie, as well as an excellent golfer in his own right. He knows the course like the back of his hand and went out of his way to help us out and make our trip enjoyable and memorable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!