“Nice stay good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
atlanta ga
“Nice stay good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Someone had smoked in our non smoking room but opened balcony and able to air out. They allow smoking on balconies and thus gets in rooms. Food was better than beaches and sandals, particularly enjoyed the stir fry station. Plenty of things to do and loved balconies and water slides.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,135)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
North Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is my 5th time at this resort since 2006, which was run by the Wyndham before being taken over by the Hilton group. What a difference!!! The property has been renovated, with new GMs Ron and Jaap. Jaap used to be Food and Beverage Manager when he was just hired in 2008 and has been promoted. Both Ron and Jaap run a tight ship. I actually went for a family wedding which on my recommendation was held there with over 80 family members from the USA and Canada. Reservations Mgr, Sherri-Ann Leslie was phenomenal with her team. Considering this was SumFest and a full house, we had no issues. Jovanni and Keri (both of whom could win a Miss Jamaica competition...very pretty ladies), were extremely helpful and very professional. The bartender assigned to the wedding has won local and international awards, her name is Melissa Fletcher. Ask her for a 7-11 or a Bam-Bam...if you can handle it!!! Marlene and Alicia in the lunch pavillion were just great with their services. Last, but not least, was my housekeeper Patricia White...she is a riot...LUV, LUV HER!!! Overall, I can't say enough of the staff., the new buffet menus, the rooms, amenities, the pillows and Egyptian cotton sheets...all outstanding. Even though I work for the airlines and am used to hotel accomodations being inconsistent, I have to say these folks have their act together for being an "all-inclusive". Kudos to a job well done and I will be back in December.

Kurt Hanson
Hilton Honors Member since 2000

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean or Resort view room. Corner rooms are also great if available. Mine was 7th floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_Hilton_RH, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Kurt,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our beautiful resort! It was good to see you and so glad you and your family and friends came back to again experience our authentic Jamaican hospitality. Thank you also for recognizing our excellent staff, you can be assured that we share your review with our entire team to celebrate our successes.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée & I went to HRH from the 7/10/13 to 7/24/13 to get married. We brought along some family. Our wedding planner was brilliant, she took away all the stress! Everything went perfect.
Our room was as in the pictures, it was cleaned every day & on our wedding day they made up two swans from towels on a bed & left a bottle of wine & a card.
We spent a lot of time at the lazy river, which was great. We ate in all the restaurant's, but our favourite was the Three Palms!
We did some tours all of which were good & value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Newly Weds,

The management and staff would like to congratulate you on your wedding.

We are glad that you and your family had a great time and everything was as you imagined when planning your dream day.

Again thank you for your feedback and we hope that we become your "Home away from Home" for your annual celebration.

Best regards,

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This resort is a great place if traveling with children. The pools, especially the awesome lazy river and slides, kept the kids occupied all week without any complaints of boredom. The access to basketball and the beautiful golf course kept the 12 yr old boy happy. I heard other kids and parents raving about the kids club, but our 9 yr old girl chose not to participate. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was mostly good at all the restaurants, but we seemed to prefer the Luna Di Mare meal the best. The Three Palms was a nice experience, and the great views from the golf course were wonderful, although my last meal there was not so great. I ordered the fish special, but it was very dry and tasteless. I do have to give huge kudos to Sylvester the omelet maker. He was phenomenal and entertaining to watch. We had fast, yummy omelets each day he was working. If you love mangoes you will be in heaven. Both the pineapple and mangoes were great. We were there during the 4th of July and had just returned from an excursion to find a huge poolside feast celebrating the holiday. The hotel went above and beyond on this theme night. Roast pig, brisket, US flag cakes, etc. That night I also got to try many unique Caribbean (Jack fruit, naseberry) fruits, some were interesting, some were great, but definitely a nice experience. I also have to give kudos to the pool bartenders, The drinks were great, and they would add more aocohol, etc. if asked. I did use the spa and wanted something different, so I got a body wrap instead of my usual massage or facial. The spa employees were friendly and accommodating, but I felt the treatment I purchased was not worth the high price. The boys spent a day on the golf course and continue to talk about their positive experience. The caddie (Brian I think) was very helpful when instructing the 12 yr old boy. His dad was so impressed he gave a large tip at the end of their round. The resort and the rooms were very clean and modern, but the rooms were rather small, especially with 4 people and 3 suitcases.We had the best view of the golf course, hillside and adult beach. My minor complaint would be not having enough lazy river floats for everyone. I would watch some people take their floats and put them by their chairs when going to lunch, etc. The staff seemed to be pretty good about telling these people not to hold on to the rafts when not using them. I will say that it seemed to be the same groups of people doing this each day. About the lazy river....it's fantastic, refreshing, fun, etc. I can't say enough good things about it, and I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw it. It gets crowded at times, and the chairs are always taken very early in the morning, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Now for my one major complaint...the beach. I hated the beach. Not only is it small, but it is murky, and it has a long row of rocks as you wade in up to your knees. You can't see them, and the waves knock you into them. You may be better off with wading shoes. We didn't return to the beach after the first day.

Room Tip: Ask for a west side room on 4th floor or above. The views are great, and there is no pool or nightti...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lovetravel,

Thank you so much for your detailed review and that you enjoyed your stay!

The water park can only hold a limited amount of tubes and it is our policy that all tubes must remain in the pool. Our natural beach is moving from East to West and back again to East depending on the time of the year. This affects our beach from time to time and we try to keep it as pristine as possible on a daily basis.

Once again, we thank you for sharing your experiences and we welcome the opportunity to have you and your family to return to our beautiful resort.

Best regards,

Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my families 2nd trip, this time there were 14 of us for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. The Place, the food the staff was amazing!!!! Big shout out too Marlene Thompson for always giving us Superb Service for Lunch with my big family.....she went out of her way to make us happy. The treament I received on my Birthday from her, was the best!!!! She was awesome!!!! I also want to give a big shout out too Kamar Kaye and Latoya Wakefield.....We met Kamar last year and my children kept in touch and he could not wait for us to come back, he greeted us on arrival, and just was amazing with my son. He is an Amazing Dancer and entertainer, the staff goes way and beyond to make your vacation special!!!! Lataoya is an Amazing Dancer and entertainer as well and superb with the children. My family wants to go back for a 3rd time. Sylvester at the omlet station was a great cook....that man can flip omlets and got breakfast for all of us and then some Superb!!!! I definately recomend this resort to couples and families, they have a private beach and adult pool and also a family beach with a water park for the kids. The kids always had a great time, especially at night in the kids club with Kamar Kaye and Latoya Wakefield, they always made our children feel comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better the view, we stayed at the partial oceanview overlooking the golf course...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Margaret Burns,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to read the great comments about the food and especially about our staff. Our brand promise at Hilton is to ensure that every guests feels cared for, valued and respected. It is heartwarming to see that so many of our great team members succeeded in delivering this brand promise.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope that we may welcome you and your family again next year.

Yours sincerely,

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at this resort recently and it was our first trip to Jamaica. The pics on the site are accurate as are all the other good reviews I have read here. The staff is wonderful! Thanks go out to Mr. de Bekker for his personal assistance, Indihana for her efforts to get us reservations at all 3 restaurants and then pick which one I wanted for my birthday celebration our last night there. We also would like to thank Daveon and Kaymar for teaching us a new Jamaican card game! All the food and drink was delicious, especially the omelets and french toast at breakfast, the jerk chicken carts for lunch, and all 4 of the restaurants for dinner. The buffet had a great selection, including salads, fruits, different entrees every night, and lots of desserts to choose from. Evening entertainment was enjoyable each night, such as local singers, steel drum band, limbo dancers, and fire eaters. The vendors they allowed a few times a week were not overly pushy. I found several nicely priced things to take home to remember our week, including a carved cat and turtle, a necklace, and shirt. The lazy river was refreshing, as was the main pool by the sea. The beach was a little rocky, but we learned quickly the best places to enter the water where there was nice sand. The staff was friendly and I did not feel obligated to tip a lot, but did some. Our housekeeper always left a folded towel animal or heart on the bed each day. The room was not fancy, but nicely appointed and clean, with a very comfortable bed. For my birthday dinner at the Italian restaurant they decorated a plate with Happy BIrthday and had 3 little delicious cakes with candles on it. We would love to come back here for another special celebration! Thanks Hilton Rose Hall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Birthday celebrant,

Congratulations once more and I am thrilled that our staff went above and beyond to make your birthday a memorable one. What a better place then to celebrate with us here in Jamaica!

Regards,

Sherwood, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were excited to come to this resort just from all the great reviews and the negative ones were really outnumbered by positive, so we weren't bothered by the super negative/picky people's reviews.

We were travelling to Jamaica to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we brought along our 20 year old daughter and one of her friends. We are Diamond Hilton Honors members. When we got to the resort at 12:00pm on June 20th (we stayed for 7 days) we were helped right away to our room. However, our room was not ready when we got up there so the hotel upgraded us to an Ocean View Suite. Originally we were reserved for a tropical view, and when we saw our upgraded room we were excited and very impressed!! The resort is lovely and the room was clean and spacious with a 180 degree view of the ocean outside our balconies (we had 2). The bed and bedding is so comfy, and we had no problems sleeping at all.

We had reservations made for all 3 restaurants right away. The buffet was great for breakfast (The french toast/omelet station is great!!) and lunch with lots of variety, dinners were themed nightly and we ate dinner there for a few nights that we didn't eat in the specialty restaurants, dinners were fine for buffet food, and it satisfied our hunger. Michael was one of the managers in the buffet and he was amazing and always met us with a smile. The servers that would bring drinks are always busy but were kind and brought us our drinks as quickly as they could. The specialty restaurants had food that we could all enjoy as all of our tastes are different.

During the day we enjoyed the lazy river very much!! We sometimes had to search for a float but always were able to find one. Chairs are saved for a long time without people being in them ever but what are you going to do. We managed to deal. The swim up bar was convenient when floating around the lazy river. We didn't like the ocean for swimming at all because of the murky water and seaweed, but I don't blame the hotel, because that is just how the water is in that area. The beach sand was nice though and we enjoyed laying out. The adult beach was always a great alternative if the regular beach was busy. We could always find a lounger at the adult beach.

We only left the resort to take a snorkle trip and to shop. Otherwise we spent our time at the resort and we were always able to find something to do, i.e chess, corn toss, relaxing, lazy river, water slides, kayaks, hobie cats, etc.

On the day of our anniversary (June 25) we were surprised with breakfast in bed, compliments of the hotel. They customed the order to whatever we wanted and they also gave us a cute plate of desserts with a message written on the plate. The icing on the cake of breakfast in bed was champagne! We had rented a cabana at the pool for the day ($50), and it was so worth it!! We had a waitress that brought us drinks, and food, and we wanted for nothing. Her name was Channa and she was so wonderful and friendly!! We ate dinner at the Three Palms and were surprised with a cake! Just an amazing day all around to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel went above and beyond anything we would expect!!

Our daughter and her friend had a great time at the Cricket Nightclub and in the Bar King Frog. Some of the people that made their vacation even better were Leoneal, Rockcliffe, and Donald!!

We always felt safe at the resort and it was a nice mixture of families and couples.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!