“Margaret Burns” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Lindenhurst, New York
“Margaret Burns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my families 2nd trip, this time there were 14 of us for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. The Place, the food the staff was amazing!!!! Big shout out too Marlene Thompson for always giving us Superb Service for Lunch with my big family.....she went out of her way to make us happy. The treament I received on my Birthday from her, was the best!!!! She was awesome!!!! I also want to give a big shout out too Kamar Kaye and Latoya Wakefield.....We met Kamar last year and my children kept in touch and he could not wait for us to come back, he greeted us on arrival, and just was amazing with my son. He is an Amazing Dancer and entertainer, the staff goes way and beyond to make your vacation special!!!! Lataoya is an Amazing Dancer and entertainer as well and superb with the children. My family wants to go back for a 3rd time. Sylvester at the omlet station was a great cook....that man can flip omlets and got breakfast for all of us and then some Superb!!!! I definately recomend this resort to couples and families, they have a private beach and adult pool and also a family beach with a water park for the kids. The kids always had a great time, especially at night in the kids club with Kamar Kaye and Latoya Wakefield, they always made our children feel comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better the view, we stayed at the partial oceanview overlooking the golf course...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Margaret Burns,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to read the great comments about the food and especially about our staff. Our brand promise at Hilton is to ensure that every guests feels cared for, valued and respected. It is heartwarming to see that so many of our great team members succeeded in delivering this brand promise.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope that we may welcome you and your family again next year.

Yours sincerely,

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,038)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at this resort recently and it was our first trip to Jamaica. The pics on the site are accurate as are all the other good reviews I have read here. The staff is wonderful! Thanks go out to Mr. de Bekker for his personal assistance, Indihana for her efforts to get us reservations at all 3 restaurants and then pick which one I wanted for my birthday celebration our last night there. We also would like to thank Daveon and Kaymar for teaching us a new Jamaican card game! All the food and drink was delicious, especially the omelets and french toast at breakfast, the jerk chicken carts for lunch, and all 4 of the restaurants for dinner. The buffet had a great selection, including salads, fruits, different entrees every night, and lots of desserts to choose from. Evening entertainment was enjoyable each night, such as local singers, steel drum band, limbo dancers, and fire eaters. The vendors they allowed a few times a week were not overly pushy. I found several nicely priced things to take home to remember our week, including a carved cat and turtle, a necklace, and shirt. The lazy river was refreshing, as was the main pool by the sea. The beach was a little rocky, but we learned quickly the best places to enter the water where there was nice sand. The staff was friendly and I did not feel obligated to tip a lot, but did some. Our housekeeper always left a folded towel animal or heart on the bed each day. The room was not fancy, but nicely appointed and clean, with a very comfortable bed. For my birthday dinner at the Italian restaurant they decorated a plate with Happy BIrthday and had 3 little delicious cakes with candles on it. We would love to come back here for another special celebration! Thanks Hilton Rose Hall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_Hilton_RH, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Birthday celebrant,

Congratulations once more and I am thrilled that our staff went above and beyond to make your birthday a memorable one. What a better place then to celebrate with us here in Jamaica!

Regards,

Jaap van Dam
Hotel Manager
Sherwood, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were excited to come to this resort just from all the great reviews and the negative ones were really outnumbered by positive, so we weren't bothered by the super negative/picky people's reviews.

We were travelling to Jamaica to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we brought along our 20 year old daughter and one of her friends. We are Diamond Hilton Honors members. When we got to the resort at 12:00pm on June 20th (we stayed for 7 days) we were helped right away to our room. However, our room was not ready when we got up there so the hotel upgraded us to an Ocean View Suite. Originally we were reserved for a tropical view, and when we saw our upgraded room we were excited and very impressed!! The resort is lovely and the room was clean and spacious with a 180 degree view of the ocean outside our balconies (we had 2). The bed and bedding is so comfy, and we had no problems sleeping at all.

We had reservations made for all 3 restaurants right away. The buffet was great for breakfast (The french toast/omelet station is great!!) and lunch with lots of variety, dinners were themed nightly and we ate dinner there for a few nights that we didn't eat in the specialty restaurants, dinners were fine for buffet food, and it satisfied our hunger. Michael was one of the managers in the buffet and he was amazing and always met us with a smile. The servers that would bring drinks are always busy but were kind and brought us our drinks as quickly as they could. The specialty restaurants had food that we could all enjoy as all of our tastes are different.

During the day we enjoyed the lazy river very much!! We sometimes had to search for a float but always were able to find one. Chairs are saved for a long time without people being in them ever but what are you going to do. We managed to deal. The swim up bar was convenient when floating around the lazy river. We didn't like the ocean for swimming at all because of the murky water and seaweed, but I don't blame the hotel, because that is just how the water is in that area. The beach sand was nice though and we enjoyed laying out. The adult beach was always a great alternative if the regular beach was busy. We could always find a lounger at the adult beach.

We only left the resort to take a snorkle trip and to shop. Otherwise we spent our time at the resort and we were always able to find something to do, i.e chess, corn toss, relaxing, lazy river, water slides, kayaks, hobie cats, etc.

On the day of our anniversary (June 25) we were surprised with breakfast in bed, compliments of the hotel. They customed the order to whatever we wanted and they also gave us a cute plate of desserts with a message written on the plate. The icing on the cake of breakfast in bed was champagne! We had rented a cabana at the pool for the day ($50), and it was so worth it!! We had a waitress that brought us drinks, and food, and we wanted for nothing. Her name was Channa and she was so wonderful and friendly!! We ate dinner at the Three Palms and were surprised with a cake! Just an amazing day all around to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel went above and beyond anything we would expect!!

Our daughter and her friend had a great time at the Cricket Nightclub and in the Bar King Frog. Some of the people that made their vacation even better were Leoneal, Rockcliffe, and Donald!!

We always felt safe at the resort and it was a nice mixture of families and couples.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NEWYORK/NEWJERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my first time visiting the island, Rose Hall was the best! The Islanders were awesome, they catered to our every need. Wonderful family filled vacation getaway. The front desk responded to any issues ASAP ! On another not do great note, one of my swimsuits fell from 4th balcony due to high winds following a small tropical storm, it has yet to be found nor returned to me. The workers at the hotel appeared to value there jobs, I just don't know what happen with the garnet , which is pretty serious , inspite of the wonderful time I had! Water under the bridge

• Stayed July 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have just returned from an amazing holiday at Rose Hall. The staff are the friendliest you will ever come across. Please DO NOT listen to anything negative written, in our opinion the only people who complain are the British as the food isn't chips, chips and more chips!!
The beach is superb, the three bookable restaurants were a chance to dress up, you need to book these a few days before hand so do plan your meals.
We tipped the pool attendents who always managed to find us sunbeds and sun shades! There are plenty of areas to sit around the lazy river, the beach front and the main pool.
Our room was on the fround floor woth a garden view which was fine, lovely comfortable beds, rooms cleaned daily, large room, a propoer hairdryer is provided. Also there is an iPOD dock/radio which was great for charging and playing my iPOD.
Some people have complained about the strength of the drinks, they are not as strong as our european cousins serve, but that was fine by us and the barstaff will add more if you ask!
Our two daughters of 20 and 16 were with us and I would say that the nightlife is limited for 12-17 year olds. There is a nightclub called Margarita ville in MoBay but it is for 18 years and above and the hotel provides a shuttle bus to and from the hotel there.
The American tourists that we met were lovely, friendly and helpful people, inlike the miserable Scottish family that we shared a lift with one night!!
Would definately recommend this hotel and would return, I even had a tear in my eye when we left!

midsouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really loved it there. I will start off by saying the rooms are not fancy but not bad either. Beds are good. Bathrooms do leave a little to be desired, but again not bad. It is an older hotel that was revamped. Don't go expecting a room such as secrets, palace hotels or riu, these rooms are the size of a plain hotel such as holiday inn express. However what makes this place is service and the people. They bent over backwards to offer things to us with no expectations for a tip, yes I did tip a few but it was for over the top service. I took the hobie out, was a perfect wind and place to do so. I have been to other places that were hard to get out due to location and the wind. They could use a couple more but I did get the chance to take one out. The food was good, enjoyed the pumpkin soup at three palms, jerk chick was great, The hot tubs were hotter then "well you know". Its a great place for younger kids, but our 17 year old daughter was more or less on her own because there really isn't much for her age group and they only had one basketball (are you listening Hilton, get more basketballs and get some that 28.5" not just mens size. I do have another suggestion for the hotel, since all minors are identified by the ID bracelet, they should take only the 16 & 17 year olds at check in and group them up right there, take them on a mini tour of the grounds, tell them a little about the island and the lores such as the white witch and a few more things, during which point at each one and have them state their name and where they are from and favorite sport and hobby. This would break the ice and create a opportunity for a bond. Also after the tour, have a meeting spot in the evenings so others who went out on tours that day can come back that night and tell everyone about what they did today on the island, cool or lame!! Would give them a voice. I guess my biggest complaint would be price, it's kind of expensive for the room, but the service made it easier to swallow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Activities staff give their all to ensure that all guests feel welcomed and are having a great time. They engage with children, teens and adults getting to know everyone and making sure by the time you leave you will want to come back. This team are the distinctive advantage contributing to the value added to this Hilton vacation. I say this from my experience of staying at other Hilton properties. This team work extremely hard and very long hours with constant input, energy and warmth. Senior management please ensure this team is looked after as they are contributing to the bottom line intangibly by creating an atmosphere which enhances the vacation experience and will generate repeat customers! The food at the resort is truly first class. The hostesses and wait staff are very pleasant. Infact even the room maids and other employees who you pass greet you with a smile. If you have any trouble concierge have the patience of a saint! Our family stayed at this resort from July 7th - July 19th. Our sons aged 12 and 8 also had a great time too! We will be back!

Room Tip: The king bed rooms include a sofa bed which may not be obvious when you first check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!