We are currently staying at the Hilton Rose Hall hotel. Family of 5 so we have two connecting rooms. In day 5 of the trip. Definitely a 4+ star experience.
Good: we enjoyed the buffet food and theme nights. Much better than cruises we have been on. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Lots of amenities for young and old. Grounds are very nice. Live reggae band each night plus other entertainment, definitely fun. Lazy river nice for kids. Beach is decent. Shops selling crafts on site. Never too far from food or drinks anywhere in resort. Grounds are lushly landscaped, and very nice. Nice exercise gym and some group classes with a trainer they fly in as a guest. Decent shop downstairs with lots of items and gift stuff.
Took an excursion and booked it here. Ocho Rios falls and dolphin swim. Both were great. Going on catamaran ride tomorrow.
Don't need to pack much other than bathing suit and sandals.
Staff generally friendly and helpful, though a few have seemed to have an attitude. Though tips are supposedly included, service level goes up when you tip.
Food so far has been good. Lots of options for everyones taste. Be adventurous and try the local options. Trying the nicer ones the next few days. Get your reservations the day you arrive or you will be eating at 9 each night.
Needs Work: not too much bad to say. Rooms are a bit warmer than I'd like my AC to be. Cool, just not cold. A few areas such as lazy river and paint in a few spots could use a touch up. Not enough tubes for lazy river during busiest times of day. Top shelf drinks hard to come by. Generally well brands are included. Hard to get beach towels after towel stand closes at 7, if you need them for a water excursion, get them at night before they close. Beach erosion setting in. Plenty of places to sunbathe, but grab the beach front sunny spots early in the day.
Overall very happy and will recommend to friends and family. I would give 4.5 stars if it were an option because it was 4+. To be fair that is a rating, not a star rating for quality of hotel. If someone is used to the Ritz or W, in a big city, this isn't at that level. But for an island vacation for those looking for fun and a laid back attitude, this place is excellent for that.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rose Hall Resort And Spa
- Hilton Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Rose Hall Hotel
- Hilton Hotels Montego Bay
- Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa Jamaica - Montego Bay