“great place for your buck” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$79 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
bronx, United States
“great place for your buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My stay at the Hilton Hotel was Great experience, and money worth spend.great for a family trip, food is good.Eentertainment is nice and relax the party in the hotel very verstaile and the water sport i tried was the banana boat and is was good but scary and the sane time would i do it again maybe overall great time and experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3,364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. The food was very good, the drinks were not watered down and the staff was amazing. They could not due enough to ensure we were happy and having a great time. Our children 8 and 5 really enjoyed the waterpark. It was really fantastic and the hotel was completely updated and immaculate. It was a fantastic vacation and we can't wait to go back!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Columbus Grove, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The service was wonderful. Rooms supper clean and new. Family oriented place to go. We loved it. Great for all ages. Food was excellent also ! My extended family went together and we all felt safe here and very pampered. The beach was so nice. Private and quiet. Plenty of chairs and shade. People working there were fun and friendly. The pool and water park was a lot of fun. They even took food and drink orders on the beach so we could sit in our beach chairs while waiting for our food !!!!

Room Tip: If you like to go to bed before 1030 pick a room away from the middle area where the entertainment i...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Went to Jamaica 4 the 1st time just me & my daughter! June 21-June 25. We had a great time Stuffed our faces with all the choices of food around the resort but I have my pros & cons with each!!! 1st let's talk Fresh (the buffet) Mornings great same old american favorites breakfast...Lunch didn't really try but 1x had cheeseburger. (Not the best) we saw kids leaving burgers & hotdogs left n right. Wasn't cooked right u can tell they were being rushed! Dinner everyday was a theme but I can say I've had much BETTER Jamaican food out in NYC seriously bland!! Seaside Grill was great for the JERK PORK!! Dinner there was so-so. Beautiful view while eating dinner! Mangos (serves lunch only) Mango BBQ chicken sandwich the best thing to eat. Everything else was Blahhhhh lol. Three Palms trust don't go sit outside in the dark or else expect Mosquitos in ur food & drinks. We left before dessert b/c of my daughter who's 9 being irritated by them. The Italian restaurant next door to Fresh in my opinion was the best service & best food surprisingly the pasta was really good!! They must have a set of chefs in the cut that only cook for them cuz it was unreal how good it was. Now to housekeeping they didn't really clean anything. I believe they just made the bed & that's it. Hair that I left n the tub & on the floor was never cleaned up. Towels were scarce! Was really never replaced to the amount of when you 1st checked in. Gift shop is overpriced!!!!!!!!!!!!! If u go with kids u will spend most of ur time running from the main pool to the waterpark. Mostly spending ur time at the waterpark. Go early like before breakfast to RSVP a lounge chair b/c if not u will be lost looking for 1. Best bet is to do what everyone else does instead of turning in ur beach towels to get ur towel card back. Just replace the wet towels with dry ones that way u have it to RSVP the chairs before breakfast & b4 the towel hit even opens (got hip to it after the 2nd day). Other than that. Sunbathing while my daughter made friends from all over the world made this trip a great 1. Just to know she was happy. Would I ever go back??? Sure

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I will start with the positives. The hotel, room and grounds where beautiful. The cocktails were delicious. However, the food, service, housekeeper and kids club was mediocre at best.
The food at the buffet (fresh) was no better than dog food except for breakfast which was good. Therefore, make reservation to the three other restaurants as soon as you get there. The Italian place was actually very decent.
The kids club is the worse I ever seen. The kids stay inside all day. They won't take the kids to the pool or beach... They could either paint or play video games. Needless to say, I kept my 7year old son with me!
The service at the restaurants is very slow and they seem to keep forgetting things. Same as for the housekeeper. No towels one day, no amenities the other, no cups the next and so on... A couple of my nice designer tops actually disappeared, which I only noticed once I got home.

In other words, we were very disappointed and will never go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Executive Chef at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
It is good to hear that you have enjoyed your overall stay at our resort,

I am very sorry to hear that we could not live up to your expectations when it comes to our food offerings at the Fresh restaurant. I would have loved if you had raised your concerns during your stay, so we would have a chance to make it right for you. Usually we are getting very good comments regarding our food and should any of our guest have a challenge to find anything that suits their taste my team and I will go through great lengths to prepare whatever the guest are craving for as long as we have the ingredients on hand or are able to source them.
Once again I would like to apologize and hope we will get a chance in the near future to welcome you back to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa. If you do decide to return, please advise me so I could get a chance to meet you and ensure your culinary experience with us is a great one.

Best regards
Michael Dannecker
Executive Chef
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

this was our 3rd trip to Montego Bay and this Hilton was the best resort we have found. Food was awesome, especially Italian restaurant, and Buffet was always good with different theme each night. Staff was very friendly and rooms were clean and nice. Beaches were clean, water slides were fun and we loved floating in Lazy river. Definitely the best place to stay if you want to play golf- free 5 minute shuttle to Cinnamon Hill, which surrounds Hotel. We played the course three times and it was amazing. Nice mix of stuff for kids, wife who wants to swim, and Golf.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laurel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Like most of your viewers I read just about every review and looked at every picture on here to see what I was getting myself into. The Hilton website doesn't offer to many pictures of the resort. Since I got just about all my info on here I fiqure I should contribute as well. PLEASE Ignore most of the negative reviews...some people just love to complain about any and everything. All I can say is Wowwwwwww as soon as we drove up to the front. The landscape at this place is amazing. We stopped at 2 different resorts before getting to this one and they had nothing and I mean nothing on this place. My hubby and I stayed here from June 14-21. We waited to check in no more than 5 minutes. I requested a partial ocean view room with a king size bed but was giving 2 queens and was told the room had a amazing view. Boy was the receptionist right....we had the most amazing view of the ocean and the golf course. I'll take the amazing view over the King size bed anyday. If you want a amazing partial view room ask for 407. You will not be disappointed....check out the pics below as well. The room was a good size for 2 people and maybe 2 small kids. The closet space was pretty big and the doors had mirrors on them which was a plus. The bathroom was average size with a hairdryer and some hotel toiletries for you to use in case you ran out of your own items like me...didn't bring enough SMH. The room is also equipped with a refrigerator and housekeeping gives you a daily supply of WATA bottles. MAJOR PLUS is the balcony has a clothing dry rack for you to hang your wet bathing suits. Ok enough with the room let's talk about the grounds....

Like I said before the landscaping at this resort was amazing. A tropical feel everywhere. The pool and the lazy river was nice. At certain times of the day it was hard getting a tube and chairs. If you get out there before 9am you should be able to find something. They had daily activites for all ages to participate in. This is a family friendly resort soooooo if you don't like being around kids this is NOT the place for you. With that being said kids will be kids...we saw a couple of kids getting half empty cups and dump them into the pool. Soooooo being a parent of 4 I know how kids can terrorize and destory things. So don't blame The Hilton for majority of the flaws at the place that was probably done by kids. The only DISAPPOINTING thing I can say is that the beach area is VERY VERY SMALL but that's only cause they're trying to keep unwanted guest away so they have it fenced up. My hubby walked over by the boat dock and some guy was in the bushes trying to sell him some jewelry. He said all he was was eyes and teeth LOL. I did see security walk over by the dock doing random checks to make sure nobody was over there on a daily basis. The resort also have their own vendors there as well for you to buy souvenirs. The beach was never really crowded...I guess cause everyone was at that amazing pool area...so we alway found a beach chair. There is also a Adult only beach area by the golf course. You will definately find a seat over there cause not to many people utilized that side. I only got in the beach water once. I didn't like the way the seaweed felt on my legs and feet...felt kind of creepy LOL and the water was murky. If you can go over to Margaritaville...the water over there is BEAUTIFUL. You can the rocks, fish, your hands and feet....crystal clear water. Back to the seaweed issue..the resort tried they're best at getting the seaweed up. They had people out there on a daily basis taking care of it.

Now the food was DELISH especially at the Fresh restaurant. We ate there everyday well mainly for breakfast. You really didn't have a choice. That was the only place open for breakfast. Make sure you get there before 9 am. or you will be waiting in a long line. The Fresh restaurant had a differant theme each night so take a look at the board on you left when you enter the restaurant..I didn't take notice to that board til the last night of our trip....go fiqure. This is a buffet stlye place so there is quite a bit to choose from. They DO SERVE Jamaican food here. I had curry goat, chicken, beef, ox tail and escovitch fish to name a few. They even served ackee and saltfish for breakfast. They DO NOT just serve fried food. When you want a late night snack this place is open til 2. Whenever we was at the pool or beach we grabbed a bit to eat and drink at Mangos. There is a mongoose over in that area but I only saw him twice. It is about the size of a squirrel..very small. We ate at the Seaside grill twice..once for lunch and dinner. You do have to make reservations for dinner at this place tho. Food at Luna Di Mare was average. They say you have to dress up but I saw quite a bit of men in there with tennis shoes on soooooo. Didn't get a chance to eat at Three Palms..you have to catch a shuttle to get to this place. The Bar King Frog had some of the best bartenders there.....WAYNE and Andrea were the best. Wherever they was stationed to work they hooked us up. Always smiling and happy to be at work. Watch out for the Bob Marleys...they will creep up on you LOL! So many frozen drinks to choose from...Bob Marley, Purple Rain, 7 Eleven<---what in the heck is a 7 Eleven..LOL! There is quite a few bars around the resort so you do get enough to drink. There is even a nightclub with a bar in it. It doesn't get crowded tho. Maybe it depends on the night and what music they're playing. The resort has a free shuttle that takes you to Margaritaville @ 10pm & 11pm and pick u up at 1am & 2am. The day we tried to catch it tho it never showed up. :0(

Doing the same thing over and over again can get boring. So take advantage of the excursions the resort has to offer at the tour desk. The staff at that desk are not to quick in selling they're product. You have to ask them a million questions to get anywhere. I asked them do they offer a shopping tour. They said a shuttle takes you to Rosehall Shoppes for free every 30 mins. That place was wack...overpriced especially the liquor. It's way cheaper to get it at the airport dutyfree. So I went back to the tour desk and asked do they have a tour that takes you to the hip strip and Margaritaville. That's when I was told the shuttle only runs at night wronggggg. They had a shopping tour for $20 that I missed cause it only runs in the morning. So we were forced to catch a cab and paid $70 roundtrip...highway robbery. Make sure you find out what they offer the very first day you get there so you can plan ahead and try to book it online @ Jamaica Tours LTD if you can way cheaper than at the resort. Recommedations: the ATV tour at Chukka was awesome. You get a scenic route of Jamaica on the bus and the atv...well worth the money. Tip: Wear dark colors or something you don't mind getting dirty. You will get dirty..LOL Ohhhh and basically anywhere a tourist will be or shop the stores will take U.S. Dollars. I didn't have to exchange any money.

Even tho there were a few minor issues I still give this resort 5 STARS! The positive out ways the negative.

Room Tip: Ask for 407...the best partial ocean view and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!