“We had a Blast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Edison, New Jersey, United States
“We had a Blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had our wedding Ceremony at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa. We had 38 guest staying with us at the resort. Our wedding coordinator was EXCELLENT. The staff went far and beyond to meet all of our needs. I have ZERO complaints. We all enjoyed our meals and the restaurants were Amazing. I see some negative reviews and I have to disagree. If you didn't have fun at the Hilton, I don't know what was wrong with you. They had entertainment every night and we made our own fun as well. We booked a private Catamaran cruise for our guest to celebrate our wedding reception and it was FANTASTIC. Everyone of our guest thanked us so much for the cruise and we had NO complaints about anyone's stay at the resort. We were always able to get pool chairs, and beach chairs and again the ENTIRE STAFF was AMAZING. I have visited several resorts in Jamaica and I can honestly say that the Hilton Rose Hall is #2 on my list. This has been my 8th time in Jamaica. We are already planning a big trip for our 1yr anniversary.

Room Tip: tropical and ocean view on the left side are excellent. We actually had a suite on the 7th floor and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,281)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I visited this resort during Memorial Day Weekend. It was my husband and 5th year wedding anniversary and we enjoyed every moment. Not one complaint. The staff was so hospitable. We let front desk know that it was our anniversary and they let housekeeping known and had our bed made with towel art and flowers, with a note wishing us a happy anniversary. Management also sent us a bottle of wine on the day of our anniversary. I thought that was so special.

Property:
The property is so lush and tropical. I have visited many different resorts and this is by far has the best tropical feel. It actually made you feel like you were in a tropical paradise. The grounds were maintained very well. The pools were nice as well as the hot tubs. The beach was nice as well. (not better than Mexico or Bahamas beaches though) We rented a cabana #14 right by the beach. That was awesome! It's only $50 and comes with butler service that brings you food and drinks at your request. (butler hours are from 10am-4pm) However, there are people that come around and get drink orders if you are lounging by the pool or beach. They also would bring you food if you ask them from the 2 restaurants that providslunch. So if you are balling on a budget (LOL) you don't necessarily have to get a cabana because food and drinks can still be brought to you. Just be sure to get up early and lay out a towel on the chairs in the morning to get a well shaded area.

Food:
The food was good. However, the Jerk chicken and rice & peas were EVERYTHING!! Please try! We dined at all 3 restaurants and they were ok. Nothing to rant about. We ate at the FRESH buffet for breakfast and it was good. The French toast is excellent! They even have a person making fresh fruit smoothies. Just pick out what fruits you want and they make it for you. Also, there was one of the chefs name Orville that made cooked to order things that were not out on the buffet. That was awesome.

Overall, my husband had a wonderful time not even leaving to property. The little special added touches by Hilton made this trip memorable. I would definitely return.

**tip**
Ask for a room in the west towers with a view of the golf course and beach.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the west towers with a view of the golf course. Phenomenal views of both aquaduct...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Madisonville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We arrived at Hilton Rose Hall on 6/6/13. The resort is very close to the airport in Montego Bay. The check-in was fast and easy and was the start of a great vacation. The rooms were clean, spacious enough and fairly comfortable. Our room didn't have a bathtub and that's my only complaint them. The pools were great. The beach wasn't fantastic. Our last day there was a lot of small debris and trash in the sand itself. Also the water was really cloudy. You couldn't see your feet in a couple of inches of water. I'm not sure if it's always like that, or if it was due to the recent storms in the Caribbean. Regardless, it was enough to turn me off. We're beach people, so we'll probably stay in Negril next time. Service at Hilton Rose Hall was the best I've ever seen at an all-inclusive, as was the food. Every meal we had was fantastic. We couldn't believe how good the food was, as most all-inclusives have terrible food. My husband and I took our 3, nearly 4 year old daughter and it was the perfect atmosphere for her. She loved the water slides and lazy river. If you're not into crystal clear water at the beach, this is the perfect vacation spot for a young family. All of the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. All in all, it was a great vacation.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

was dissapointed overall. Lack of restaurants and activities during day. Service not what expected at all inclusive resort. Extra charged for room service and quality of dinner buffett not up to other standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manager_Hilton_RH, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our beautiful hotel. Indeed room service is not included in the all inclusive package. Different all inclusive resorts offer different services and it all depends on what you are looking for. For a complete description of what our resort has to offer, please visit our company website.

Fresh, our action station restaurant served buffet style, offers a wide variety of freshly prepared food. The menu is on a 7 day rotation and posted at our restaurant reservation desk daily. If for some reason you do not find anything to your likings, our chefs are more than willing to cook something special for you.

Again thank you for your comments and we do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful resort.

Jaap van Dam
Hotel Manager
Grove City, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great:
- Beach is beautiful! It's not good for snorkeling because the sand makes it real cloudy. However, it's warm and inviting!
-Pools are fabulous! We spent several days in the water park pool alone. It has everything to keep you entertained; bar, slides, lazy river, waterfalls, etc.
-The staff was wonderful! The do everything possible to make sure you are having a wonderful time. I loved them all!
-The food was outstanding! We enjoyed breakfast, lunch, and dinner at every restaurant. We never had a bad meal.
-The grounds are gorgeous. The beautiful flowers, trees, and shrubs were maintained immaculately.
Not so great:
- Our only complaint was that the air conditioning does not get very cool in the rooms. It was in the high 80's the week we were there and luckily spent very little time in our room. However, we found it hard to get to sleep because we like to sleep in cooler temperatures.

Must do's:
-Dreamer Catamaran Day Cruise was a blast!!! Very reasonably priced and some of the best snorkeling we've ever done.
-Dunn's River Falls was a,aging to climb.
-Rick's Cafe was a place everyone should see at least once in their life. The cliff divers were amazing! Our 10 and 14 year old children could not get enough of jumping off the lower cliffs as well.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from room 622
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We recently spent 3 days at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort. I can sum this up quickly as a couple of 30-somethings. It was a beautiful hotel and the rooms were pretty status quo for a hotel. Decent size, clean, nice...nothing spectacular, but nice. The beach is beautiful but small, there are chairs all along the beach, if you get there early or late you can get one. The pool area (complete with lazy river) is lined with chairs we found most of those to be taken at any given time. Having said all that if you don't have your heart set on grabbing the "perfect chair" it's no problem to find space at the pool, beach, swim up bar, etc. The only annoying thing I can say about the daytime activities is the people that come off the cruise ships. Drunk and annoying, not that we were not drinkers (I mean it is all inclusive!) they just set up camp at the swim up bar, drank their faces off and had no respect for anything or anyone. May have been a bad group, but be prepared for things to be more crowded during the day than you would expect.

Otherwise the food is good. I would HIGHLY recommend getting reservations at one of the restaurants if possible, they are delicious. The nightlife is a little lacking. There is the typical cheesy resort/cruise-like music at night and then 1 "nightclub." I use parenthesis because it is really just a large room that they use as a sports book and nightclub. Never really saw it that crowded.

My bottom line is that I would absolutely return to this resort. I'm not sure where the negative reviews are coming from, maybe we happened to stay in a newly remodeled room?. I suppose if you are looking for a 5 star resort this is clearly not the one for you. But I can say I've done a lot of traveling and if you like Hilton's in general you will like this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hillside, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A good clean hotel. Beds were very comfortable. I did love evening re-fresh of the towels. Not a lot of extra amenities. Need more food choices and better adult entertainment. Dump the crab races! (Boring) Wifi should be extended to include bar area and stage area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!