“4 star resort 3 star room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$139 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“4 star resort 3 star room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Resort
5 / 5 for the resort.
I loved the resort. If you do visit book a cabana, well worth the money. The water park was brilliant even for adults. Nice out door bars and service was quick. Great gym and good choice of exercise machines.

5 / 5
The staff were friendly, always smiling and extremely helpful. The omelette chef was great, chatty and remembered my exact order every day.

3.5 / 5
For me I was a bit disappointed with the food. I had called a head and informed the hotel of my food allergies (wheat, gluten and MSG) and was told they could cater for them. The buffet was fine as there were various foods to eat but still limited. The restaurants were limited also for me. Most of the foods came with wheat in the sauces and I ended up having plain salads as starters while my partner tucked in to what looked like delicious Jamaican delicacies.

Room
3/5
The room was tired. Tear in the divan and paint chipping away on the balcony. The room was in dire need of maintenance and updating. The room was immaculately clean and this was down to the maid that cleaned and tidied our room daily. Good view of the golf course with a partial view of the sea.

Special mention
Maid service & Buffet staff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,028)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Grand Blanc, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

May17-23 2013. We have been to a few all inclusive resorts and this one was the worst yet.. Im not sure what exactly was updated recently but it wasnt the rooms..they were not gross but they certainly were not new or what i expect in a Hilton. The food was mostly just okay. The Luna had great food and an awesome staff!! But the buffet was extremely lacking in choices (same thing always!) and was just okay, it was not all that big as far as selection so you were stuck eating what there was. And there were times when there was nothing open to get food. And the bars outside closed at 6pm....crazy (and didnt open till 10ish)!!!! The shows were not what we were expecting either, just some people sining and dancing not really a show like at most resorts.The clincher.....they double charged us for everything while we were there (our wedding!!!) and I spent a day trying to get that all sorted out!!!! A decent pace but we will not be going back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_Hilton_RH, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear recent guest,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your feedback in mind to improve our in-property experience.

The resort reopened in November 2007 after an extensive renovation of our rooms, lobby, meeting rooms and public areas and has a modern look with natural colors on white. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.

Jaap van Dam
Hotel Manager
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa was wonderful! The staff was nice, helpful, and pleasant to deal with. Our arrival and departure experiences were very well done and quick! The hotel room was clean and very comfortable. The food in FRESH was very good and the overall dining experience was very good as well. The dining experiences at both Luna di Mare and The Three Palms were EXCELLENT. The food at both places was very good! And, a special THANK YOU to Mark and Alrick, both Restaurant Managers and their staff, who made each night special! The environment at the resort was comfortable and felt safe and relaxing. The grounds were very well maintained. The staff at the Excursions desk was very helpful and we definitely recommend going to the Great House and to Dunns River Falls! When thinking of returning to Jamaica, the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa will definitely be on the list of places to stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is our fourth visit to this hotel, the reason we keep coming back is, the staff are amazing they cant do enough for you, great food fantastic facilities.The beach is just wonderful. I have re booked again for Sept 13 so I think that should say it all.
It is just paradise

Room Tip: Rooms that have resort view or beach view are better
Scarborough, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Hilton Rose Hall needs some updating....

Room: Rather disappointing. Sparse, very little decor. The bathroom was small and dirty. The back of the door had dirty finger prints and the shower curtain also appeared dirty. The bed was comfy, but overall we were not impressed with the room. Luckily we didn't plan on spending much time in our room so it wasn't a huge problem for us.

Beach: Beach was nice, some diff. getting beach chairs but overall the beach was nice. The water was warm and shallow. It's not clear like other areas of the Caribbean we have been to but it was fine.

Pool Bar: Swim bar was gross....water was cloudy and dirty. We spent very little time there. The lazy river was nice and relaxing and appeared to be cleaner.

Food: Food was okay, not a lot of healthy choices but it was fine. Not great, but no big complaints.

Service: The female employees overall are unfriendly and slightly rude. We had one nice female server, I cannot recall her name. We had one outstanding server in particular, Aston Hylton. He was friendly, informative and very attentive to our needs. He was often our server at the beach area and we looked forward to his friendly smile.

Overall, it was a nice trip. I do think Hilton Rose Hall needs to work on a few area such as room upgrades, cleanliness around the pool bar and the unfriendliness of many of the female employees.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of our beautiful resort we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you had an overall nice trip and thank you for highlighting Aston Hylton for his friendliness and attentiveness. At the same time we are disappointed to learn that other aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations. We strive to have every guest leave 100% satisfied and we are sorry that that was not the case. Please rest assured that your valuable comments will be shared with our team so we are able to use that to keep improving upon our products and services.

Thank you again for your review and we sincerely hope that we are afforded the opportunity to welcome you back again on your next visit to Jamaica.

Yours sincerely,

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

May 10-15, 2013
Hotel: The entire hotel is upgraded to modern and trendy interior design. The rooms are the perfect size (we had a King Room with a couch). There’s a min-refrigerator in the room, with daily, complimentary bottles of water. The beds are super comfy; however, the feather pillows were rather flat. The flooring is tile. The balcony has two chairs and a drying rack for your wet items. Our room was a Partial-Ocean View Room, overlooking the Fresh Stage and terrace area. There is a band that plays nightly, but the noise did not bother us. Closing the balcony sliding door took care of that. The staff at the hotel is always friendly and willing to help. We racked up a $54 phone bill. BEWARE. All 1-800 have a $1 or $3 connection fee, + the cost of the actual call. We had some issues using our credit cards and had to make a few phone calls. We also had an issue with our airport shuttle and had to call them. The grounds and landscaping are very well taken care of. It is a beautiful resort. I would recommend taking the stairs if physically able. On the west wing for a few days one of the elevators was broken. Between this and large volume of people it was much quicker to take the stairs.
Hotel Gift Shop: The prices here are very reasonably priced, as compared to the Shoppes at Rose Hall. The SARH have items marked high and “if you smile enough I give you a discount.” You can purchase calling cards here, which we found out upon departing. A few random nights crafters would set up their items for sale- be ready to bargain with them! These crafters are also set up during the day by the far east side, by the lazy river in the sand.
Beach: The beach is a private, hotel-guests-only beach. There is also an adults-only beach in front of the volleyball courts on the west side. This beach is a bit more on a hill so you may want to drag your chair down to a more level plane.
Drinks: The drinks are made nice and strong. The Dirty Banana is delicious. The Pina Coladas are of course delicious. The rum used is Jamaican rum. It’s alright. The food is tasty. There is quite the selection.
Food: There are mixed reviews on the food, however, I feel that the selection beyond adequate. The service at the restaurants is rather slow; however, we were on vacation so I suppose we weren’t in much of a hurry anyway. As for reservations, I would recommend calling a few days before you arrive to make a reservation for a restaurant or two. There are three that take reservations and we made reservations for two prior to arriving which is a great idea! Despite the restaurants not filling to capacity, they will turn your away if you don’t have a reservation or show up unexpected!
Water/Pool: The pools are fantastic. Although you do have to arrive a tad early to get the chair you want, you will still be able to find a lawn chair; it just may not be in the section you’d like to lie. The lazy river was surprisingly relaxing, despite the large crowds at the pool. The slides are neat; however, the winding stairs to take you up to the top smells like urine. Be sure to wear flip flops in most areas because the ground is piping hot! The hot tubs were significantly hot, too hot to relax in, we opted for the lazy river instead. The “all-inclusive non-motorized sports” attendants expect a tip. I thought that was rude considering the all-inclusive status.
Fitness Center: There are daily workout/exercise activities planned in addition to the fitness facility. The gym is nice, with 5-6 treadmills and a decent selection of weight machines and free-weights.
Shuttles: There is a free shuttle nightly to and from Margaritaville, however, once again, the driver expects a tip- they all do!! And they’re not shy about it either. There is a shuttle that you take to get to Three Palms restaurant. This is because the restaurant is on the other side of the golf course. There’s a free shuttle to the Shoppes at Rose Hall. These stores are souvenir, high-end jewelry, or high-priced clothing stores. There was one jewelry store, however, that had reasonable priced jewelry near the coffee shop. Transportation to and from the hotel- I would recommend purchasing something beforehand, i.e. Priceline. We paid $19 per person roundtrip. A taxi, one-way, is $35, as confirmed with the hotel. There’s a taxi/shuttle list outside in the front with prices for areas.
Weather: Although this has nothing to do with the hotel, I thought readers may like to know that one should not read the forecast. We were anticipating “partly cloudy” or “occasional thunderstorms.” The weather we experienced was the complete opposite. One of the workers stated that the forecast is not accurate, as most of it comes from southern Florida.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a Partial-Ocean View, West Wing, 5th floor, perfect level for quiteness, yet enj...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I LOVE to travel!!!

Since December I have literally been to Naples Fl, Cuba twice, Mexico, Saskatchewan, and now Jamaica!! Second time in Jamaica but the best experience!!! This trip I went on with my sister Sam and our amazing friend Kim...
We paid a little more than I have paid for my previous, most recent trips and it was well worth the money!! So, as you can tell from my last review I do not hold back so, here goes!
The food....amazing! Fresh, tasty and so much to choose from! My sister who is a vegetarian and so ew hat of a picky eater was completely spoiled for choice every meal! You were able to eat literally anytime during the day. The service was wonderful everywhere. Whether dining, or room service. We had Internet that worked every time without fail. This was really wonderful for me since my father in law is terminally ill. I won't lie, it was also nice to see my husband and kids over FaceTime too! I must say I got up later every day because our beds and linens were so nice! My view was not of the pool and beach but, the other side faces a beautifully groomed golf course that has ruins on it in plain view. You could take a short walk to the ruins and explore without even leaving the grounds of the hotel. If you would like to further explore, you could take the shuttle bus to the famous Rosé Hall Plantation and go on a tour! It was stunning and the tour awesome! The perfect thing to do on our one rainy day! After that we took another short shuttle ride to the outdoor shopping area. It was a little pricy but, not worries good deals were found!
Just to mention there is a lovely Resturant on the golf course to enjoy a fancier ambiance and meal.
Let me say, the main pool was huge, and so warm...great mix of people, families and couples....
There is a lazy river with a swim up bar and 3 slides to enjoy on the other side of the hotel. So much fun!! This left the main pool mostly for the single people and couples alike!
The spa was really lovely.
My only complaints.......the spa was pretty pricy but, our massage, amazing!!
Our drinks were soooo good. There were always drinks of the day to try. My only complaint with my drinks is that there was sooooo sooooo much rum and a allot of other liquors. Some may just find that to be a bonus!
Well I could go on and on but, if you are considering this resort, go for it!!!! Enjoy!

Room Tip: They were all pretty nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!