“EXCELLANT DAY PASS EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Leisure Escapes
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Plant City, Florida
“EXCELLANT DAY PASS EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We used the hotel as a day pass experience while on a recent cruise.After we arrived in falmouth took a short walk thru the port to the shuttles and after a 30 minute drive were at the hotel. were processed within a short period of time and let loose on our own.

The day pass included all you could eat or drink. There were a number of opinions to eat at from casual far to more elaborate settings.As ar as the drinks were concerned you asked for it. they made it.

In addition to the beach and pools there is also a water park with tubes and water slides. I enjoyed the swim up bar and met some younger people that made me feel welcome. At the end of the day at the prescribed time we met the shuttle and was retutned to the ship

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,258)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I decided to go away for our 5 year anniversary and he is also a diamond member. We could only go over Easter weekend (only time we had someone able to watch our kids) and it was very crowded! We expected this since it was a holiday weekend but if you are going away without kids do not go here. It is a family resort and has tons of things for the kids to do. I would go back but only with kids and with other families.

Pros: Our room was ocean/pool view and was very clean and comfortable. We didn't hear any noise at night. The diamond desk staff was very very nice. The food is above average (not like most all inclusive resorts). The breakfast was awesome (french toast was so good) and the omelet guy was the nicest guy!!! The water slide and tubing slide were a lot of fun! There is a lazy river that was nice. The drinks are good (and strong!). There are lots of activities during the day for kids and adults.

Cons: There is a lot of seating but you can never get a seat. I was up every morning around 6 and had slim picking of chairs (not many umbrellas). The staff was a hit or miss. This is an all inclusive resort and the staff expects you to tip. If you don't tip they can be rude (I feel the staff was either overly nice or extremely rude). Once you tipped they were the nicest people. I don't mind tipping but when you come to an all inclusive resort you shouldn't have to worry about money. They require you to eat at all 3 reservation restaurants before you can make a reservation at the same restaurant. Luckily we were only there for 4 nights so we at a the 3 reservation restaurants and the buffet. There is a lazy river which was great but with so many people there it can be hard to find a tube. The beach is nice but there isn't much beach since it is covered with chairs. My biggest complaint was the spa. I went to the spa twice - once for a facial and once for a seaside massage. The facial was supposed to be 50 min it only lasted 40-45 including getting into the room and redressed. The seaside cabana was supposed to be 80 min and was maybe 70. They also have the cabanas right next to the water sports so it is VERY loud and not relaxing. There are so many other areas to put the cabanas where no one is. My massage therapist also would get "distracted" watching the people on the beach and would almost stop massaging and there realize she was "dazing" and start again. It was not a great or relaxing massage at all.

Overall it was a nice resort but do not go during the holidays or without kids.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_Hilton_RH, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room, that you were comfortable and that you liked our breakfast selection. However I understand that there were a few issues that you were not satisfied with. I do thank you for selecting our hotel and truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I did however want to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the experience you had at our hotel. I very much regret if some of our staff were rude toward you and if you had issues finding seating arrangements. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve the quality of our offerings.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Jaap van Dam
Hotel Manager
DeWitt, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This property does not live up to the expectations of a Hilton facility. Rooms are small, very noisy hotel overall

I will not return to this property.

As a Diamond member, I've come to expect a higher level of service at Hilton Hotels. This one disappoints at every turn.

Room Tip: I am certain that the 7th floor would be quieter, but not totally sure of this. Rooms are small over...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us. However, after reading the negative perception you had of our property and team members, please understand that had we known of your discontent any one of our managers including myself would have welcomed the opportunity to discuss your concerns in person while you were onsite.

Our team takes great pride in our product and service execution. It is atypical that we receive anything but great comments about our staff who truly are our biggest asset. Please accept our sincerest apologies as we will address with our team and refine our service levels.

We do hope that we are afforded the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful resort so you may enjoy a more favorable experience.

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I just got back home late last night. We spent 5 days and 4 nights there and it was great. The weather was perfect everyday and the people at the hotel and in Jamaica were very
friendly and warm. We went shopping and took a back woods safari. Other than that we just enjoyed the grounds at the hotel. There was entertainment every night and the quality of the entertainers were first class. The food, water park, golf coarse, beach, and the pool, all were well
maintained and prepaired. One bad part is it's not part of the U.S. so you have to go through all the customs delays and proceedures. It was a nightmare on the way back at JFK in N.Y. But, all in all, it was a nice get away to a place were we had not been before. My only comment for improvement is that the internet cafe needs more seats. People were setting all over the floor because there were only 5 seats. Most of the time there were at least 10 or more people so it needs to be corrected. Also, DO NOT PLAN ON DRIVING THERE. They drive on the other side like England and Japan. The drivers are crazy cutting in and out everywhere and as U.S. driver you would not be able to do it without having serious problems. There are buses and cabs to get around and the hotel also has shuttles. This hotel is worth giving it a try, good luck and have fun.

Room Tip: Try to get a high room on the west side in the west wing over looking the ocean and golf coarse. If...
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

At first glance, the hotel looks a little boxy, and it is. It is an older box-style hotel. However, the rooms are nice and clean and you aren't spending much time in your room. The resort has something for everyone. The bartenders make great drinks, there's local artist with goods you can purchase, games, music, etc. The lazy river isn't just for the kids! The staff is wonderful. Any request, big or small, the staff jumped right on it to get it done. I took several groups here and have been blown away by how awesome the staff is. Even with special dietary needs, every restaurant's chef would make a meal (and a good one at that) to fit the person's needs. People weren't stuck eating the same thing every day. You don't get that kind of service everywhere. I definitely will be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for the golf course/ocean view rooms. You get the best of both worlds, and you don't hear th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The staff is brilliant: they remember your name, your beeds and so on. Jamaicans are laid back at super friendly.
Location: very good, close to the airport (without noises) and Montego Bay. The beach is good, but not perfect.
Food and drink: a very good all inclusive hotel, with much to offer and it taste very good. The beverages are good too.
Rooms: nice, clean and well equipped. Could have been more water in the mini bar. Many tv channels.
I would love to go here again! The staff should be employed as CEOs at hotels all over the world to teach service!

• Stayed March 2013
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I should of wrote on here way before now but I'm searching for another vacation and I came across Hilton rose hall resort and well there is no chance I will ever go back to this resort. At the time we were looking for a quick getaway and it was super cheap. (Canadian $2300 for me my husband and 4 year old) we are young parents and we like good entertainment in the evening and what we got was so boring my 4 yo wanted to get out of there. It's a small resort the slides and lazy river are awesome but that's it. Food not that good compared to the other resorts we been on and that was our 4th time to Jamaica we love it there because of the people are so friendly but this resort not so friendly which we found strange. At dinner time we would be waiting for our drink so long we would have to go find someone to help us and we give tips people so I'm not sure what happened. The hotel is Super clean and tidy. Food was awesome At the restaurants the buffet was ok but breakfast is my fav loves their French toast. One day we were late getting in for lunch and when I got to the chef who was making sandwiches I asked for one and he said CLOSED! Awkward moment. So I hope by now the service is much better and they finally got some GOOD entertainment. Also the disco bar I went their one night with my sister and well let's just say we stayed for 20 min ....no one is up late enough to go there and where it's mostly just families I wouldn't recommended couples to go there or anyone who enjoys big shows and dancing and likes to interact with the staff this is not your resort.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Jaap van Dam
Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!