“Hilton Rose Hall - NO PROBLEM!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$139 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Reading, United Kingdom
“Hilton Rose Hall - NO PROBLEM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this gem-of-a-hotel from 8 to 17 February 2013.

A great example of how tourists should be treated! I am a Jamaican living in England since 1957, and have worked in travel industry. This was my first time to Jamaica on an all-inclusive holiday . . . and I was impressed with what my country has to offer tourists. Well, at this hotel. The staff must have been well-vetted before they were employed as they made sure our holiday was hassle-free and our requests were met, whenever possible. For example: it was our 42nd wedding anniversary, which I happened to mention when we checked in, and Portia, on reception, did her best, and succeeded, in locating a quiet room overlooking the golf course and the sea. Very special. At our first breakfast, I fancied 'something Jamaican'. I asked, tongue-in-cheek, "where's the ackee and saltfish?" Chef obliged! I fancied a water coconut on the beach. One of the gardeners got and prepared one for me!

On our anniversary, we thought it would be nice to have dinner in the Luna di Mare. However, we didn't realise we should have booked almost as soon as we arrived, so was unable to have that intimate dinner we had looked forward to - so suggest you book early for the reservations restaurants. But, reception did all they could to try and fit us in and we were told we could be if we went down at 9.00pm, which we did. Unfortunately, all the tables were still occupied and we envisaged dinner being much later. So, we ended up having dinner in the buffet restaurant, but being late we didn't have the choice. And there's a huge choice of well-prepared and delicious meals - always something Jamaican on the menu. Chatting to one of the assistants, I mentioned we were late as we had hoped to have our anniversary meal in the Luna di Mare. The next thing we knew, she had brought us a bottle of bubbly, Champagne glasses and a platter of cheese and biscuits. How thoughtful was that?!

Hubby booked a spa treatment for me - a little pricey, but a professional and relaxing experience.

All in all, a smart, clean and well-managed hotel in lovely surroundings which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Go and enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

3,385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,016)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I travelled to sunny and beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica for our wedding nuptials and could not have had a better experience then the one we had at Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa. Ms. Belinda Blake was our wedding event planner and she was brilliant, incredibly helpful, and exceedingly kind and gracious. All of the hotel staff was friendly and courteous and treated us like family. There's also something wonderful about having the choice of three sait down restraurants, one grill, and one buffet that will satisfy any craving.
If you are going to Jamaica for any reason, treat yourself to luxury, relaxation, and enough activities to keep any and all family members entertained.

Room Tip: Any one visiting this property can't go wrong with an ocean facing or ocean accessible room. Try...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rumford, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This April we will be visiting the Hilton Rose Hall Resort for the 3rd time. We can not praise the staff enough for their wonderful service! From the minute you walk in the door you are greeted with a smile by the front desk. On the way to your room the cleaning ladies all say "Hello" and really get to know you during your stay. By the middle of the week they were greeting my daughter by her name! I simply can say enough about the food.....it is just delicious. We had the opportunity to meet the Food & Beverage Manager and he was extremely nice. He always stopped by our table to ask us how we were doing and if we were having a good time. The waitstaff is beyond wonderful. They really go the extra mile to make sure you are happy with everything! The hotel also has a kids club and my daughter loves to go and make crafts....plus she adores the staff. I simply can't praise this hotel enough!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Medford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a treasure we found in Hilton Rose Hall! We had been to Montego Bay with friends for the last three years, and we've tried different resorts. We have liked them all, but LOVE has come to Montego Bay! The food was DELICIOUS, the service was exquisite, and all of the employees have such pride in their work.
We travelled with 4 other adults, and a total of 6 children (age range of 10 -17). The kids enjoyed doing everything, or nothing at all. The resort was safe for them to walk around in, and it wasn't enormous.
I have to give big "Rispect" and a strong fist bump to several employees - Trainees Javid and Junior at Beach Service (yes BEACH SERVICE!!) are wonderful! They aim to please, work very hard, and they are real "people" persons.. I hope to find them on staff when we return. They are true treasures, and they made our day every day at the beach. Also Kevin Pringle, waiter, was a wonderful face to see. He always had a wonderful positive saying for the day about Jamaica or the resort. My favorite was when he told us that they are there to serve us, because we work so hard all year long.. Meanwhile, people like Kevin work HARD every day! With a smile!
The rooms were great, and the view fantastic! The beach was cleaned every day. Water Sports were plentiful, and the life guards, like Kendrick, worked with the guests to teach them what to do on the water. They gave lessons on wind surfing in the AM for anyone who wanted to learn.
Some reviews complained that there wasn't much of a selection of food, but I beg to differ. The food was different every day, and it was delicious, and FRESH! The breakfasts were the same daily, but the selection allowed for you to have different things every day. And whoever their bakers are for desserts deserve a medal.. The BEST selection of fresh desserts I've ever had!
Go to Three Palms and ask to be seated with Smiley!
The dress code is recommended, but not terribly enforced. They appreciate nice dress.. Tailored shorts and collared shirts for men were fine.

Room Tip: The OceanFront rooms are beautiful, but the Ocean View Rooms are just as nice.. Not a lot of time sp...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at Hilton, Rose Hall from Feb 9th to 13th with a group of friends and colleagues. The property is clean, well maintained and the staff genuinely care about the guests. Started with a hassle free check in with Brandon at the front desk. The rooms were clean and beds are comfortable.
The waterpark definitely adds to the appeal of this property, especially for families and children. The food is spectacular and the variety of food is more than satisfactory. The real pleasant surprise however are the entertainment staff (Latoya, O'Niel, Andre, Jean, Lavinia and their colleagues); they show real concern for the satisfaction and entertainment of the guests. The resort has activities for kids, teens and adults alike. Highly recommend this resort and the attached golf course (Cinnamon Hill).

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view upgrade: the sunrises and the sunsets are breathtaking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food at each of the restaurants was excellent as was the golf and the spa. The beach was beautiful and the resort was very clean. We were always treated special and taken care of. The resort was a short ride from the airport so it was very convenient and we felt very safe at the resort. It is a great place to go with your family as it has a lot to do at the water park which is fun for kids as well as adults. Everything is very convenient on the resort.

• Stayed March 2012
Setauket, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just a quick review of the Rose Hall Jamaica. The first thing that comes to mind when I think about Rose Hall is the staff. The staff at Rose Hall really caters to your every need. They make it apparent that it is very important that all of your needs are met and that you are happy and satisfied. Second are the grounds. The grounds are very pretty and well maintained. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, however a little small. It would have been nice to have a bigger bathroom. Luckily I was having too much fun so I spent very little time in my room. The food was by far the best that I have had at any other all inclusive in Jamaica. The entertainment was fun. The steel drum band was amazing. The one thing that really makes Rose Hall stand out from some of the other all inclusives was the beach service. It was such a treat to not have to get off of my lounge chair for a drink or snack. Nachos, burgers, sandwiches and a pina colda brought to you with a Jamaican smile. Absolutely priceless!!!! Thanks to Kendrick, Javed and Junior at the beach for your amazing service. Good luck to you all. I wish you great success!!! You deserve it!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!