“Typical” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Lindenwold, New Jersey
“Typical”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I will not be visiting an all inclusive anytime soon. There are several things that may attract a traveller to an all inclusive, everything in one place; food, entertainment and a room to sleep, but it gets boring after two or three days.

The room
The rooms are typical of the Hilton brand, there is really nothing special about it. Same Peter Thomas Roth toiletries, shampoo, soup, bath gel. No bathrobes, bed slippers etc. Ive seen better Hiltons in Paris and Rome. Ive also stayed at cheaper all inclusives in Jamaica and enjoyed better facilities and amenities.

The food is good in the main dining area. I especially liked the pasta station. The pastry was also good for a hotel so I must say kudos to the pastry chef and the executive and sou chefs. The grill near the water park however is not the best. The patties, burger and the nacho with cheese were bland. Even the ketchup tasted bland. The drinks at the bar was ok, nothing outstanding. We drank a lot of Bob Marley's, those were good. I must say though that I liked that my plate was alway warm, this suggested to me that sanitation was high on the priority list in the kitchen and thats commendable.

Water Park

The water and lazy river were fun and relaxing. We especially loved the swim up bar (you dont even have to get off the rubber tube). What we hated was, the smell of urine that began to rise from the slide tower, though I can't fully blame Hilton, some people are just gross and inconsiderate. We did complain about it and the matter was dealt with promptly. Just be mindful of not allowing that water to get in your drink when you are relaxing in the pool. A tip for readers, the water park and lazy river are very popular and the number of lounge chairs by the pool fills up quickly, so get there as early as you if you want to secure one.

Entertainment

The entertainment was okay, and we did especially appreciate the live bands in the nights. The entertainment coordinator did a lot to ensure that the guest were not bored.

Overall
It was okay. I would not deliberately pay to go there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Manager_Hilton_RH, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected.

I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Best regards,

Jaap van Dam
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,169)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A brilliant stay once again. Fourth time and Rose Hall you never let us down.

A few points and people who we would like to mention:

Fresh: Kelly-Maree just brilliant always smiling helpful and friendly, had lots of fun nights in Fresh with Kelly. Kevin the egg chief just brilliant never forgets what you want from one day to the next, again always happy and smiling first thing in the morning just what you need to start your day off. Alwayne our breakfast waiter was very good never had to ask him twice for anything just always there when we got back from getting our breakfast. The only complaint I have about Fresh was the way they put the Jams out in the mornings in Jars, No signage to say what was in them and then children sticking their fingers into them. Spoons pushed right into the Jam so you had to get your fingers in the Jam to get them out, Hilton go back to the old way. Some of the new staff in Fresh we feel need training up to Hilton standard.

Three Palms: Rayon, Indria and all the staff here are brilliant hosts, they make you feel welcome from the moment you walk through the door. Lots of fun and laughs had at Three Palms and we would like to thank you all.

Mangos: Romaldo best beach waiter always smiling and helpful. Great fun and always had time for people. Kevin, Tp, Adrian in fact most of the lads that worked the beach are funny and love a laugh. We have watched them play football for the last four years and have enjoyed every moment of it. Highlight of our holiday. Sorry you lost the trophy. Better luck next year.

Life Guards: Great guys always there watching the beach, for people in trouble. Thank you for keeping us safe.

All in all a great time as you can see, time just goes so quickly when we are here. It’s like home from home. These people are really lovely people and anyone who says that they are not I will disagree with them. They are friendly, like a bit of banter and lots of fun. The only gripe is the entertainment always the same year in year out.

But that’s all thank you Hilton once again for a Super Holiday.

Will we go again: YEAH MON.

Sorry the review is late.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Jamaica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at this resort. I go each year because of a conference. The property is nice, room decor great, staff good, the gym and morning walk/run is great.

The bad: the food tastes is just OK no WOW factor and the variety is poor, desert is the worst, it's all cake mix. The rooms are so close you can hear everything next door, I was awaken one night by a couple arguing, I could hear word for word what was being said. The last issue and sadly the greatest of them all, a member of our group had her laptop stolen, she was on the 4th floor and some one broke into her room in the night whilst she was asleep. Part of the reason I am writing this review so late (7 weeks later), up to now the hotel has not said much, not offering any type of compensation.

I really hope the conference organizers change the venue next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had our wedding at this hotel joined by 24 guests who all stayed at the hotel! The wedding coordinator Yolande was brilliant to say the least!!! Everything was perfect & this was down to her!
We had the wedding on us package which meant it was complimentary but you paid for any extras such as flowers & extra champagne! The hotel was great for families as there was so much to do! The water park & kids park were both great! Most of the staff were excellent! The hotel was spotless! The drinks were all branded which was an added bonus! The food was good although a little repetitive on the 2nd wk! The hot tub was great and the pool staff were very good! The entertainment & gym staff were excellent especially Andre! He went above & beyond! I had an amazing time and can't wait to go back tonJamaica!!!

Room Tip: If you can afford ocean or partial ocean view go for it!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place had many staff always willing to help. Everyone was friendly, seem to enjoy where they work and aimed to please their patrons. Anytime we thought we were asking too much of the wait staff, they always replied "no problem, I can get that for you". From adding lime to my beer, finding oysters or calamari for my 7 year old daughter to try, or changing menu options for my picky wife and 3 year old daughter. I especially enjoyed conversations with a young training "Mango's" waiter, Javed Dunbar, along with his great service and great demeanor we are hoping to see him hired on to their full-time staff. Others who made our trip outstanding was Oden (at Fresh) and Nathan (at Luna's) were our favorite waiters, Kevin our favorite cook, Marcia and Jennifer in the Kids Klub. The activities staff were all great during the day and at night.They were all so friendly and quite talented.
We met 4 other small families each with 2 daughters close in ages to our two daughters, which made this trip one of our all time favorites. We have traveled to Hawaii many times, and I have to say the folks at Rose Hall made us feel so much more important than any Hilton resort in the Hawaiian Islands. Everyone was happy and friendly.
We never left the resort, watched TV or used our cell phones the entire time we were there, since they always had some type of entertainment going on day and night. Plus, the resort hooks you up for rides to golf courses and shopping if you need it, Cinnamon Hills Golf Course is literally 200-300 yards from the resort entrance, and what a great place to play (great views, many course challenges, well kept, and great staff).
The food was great with many different choices in the buffet. We were a little disappointed with the choices for lunch, which were the same each day at Mango's and Seaside Grill. If there is anything Ron Day (the General Manager) should look into changing would be a better variety for lunch. All in all, I would highly recommend this place to anyone who loves to play golf, swim, eat, drink, socialize, learn about Jamaican culture, and bask in the sun on the beach or by a pool.
Our maid service was friendly and outstanding as well. Every night Rose made my family a special arrangement with flower petals and towel, which my 7 year old loved. The rooms were cleaned daily with our beds rolled back every night. Everyone on the sixth floor in the east tower were friendly and helpful. The cleanliness was marked a 4/5 more because there was a few areas (outside of our room), where my wife and I felt the maintenance team could improve (mold on ceilings in halls, uneven cracks in walkways, cracked/ chipped paint around elevators/doorways). The rooms were not very big compared to most Hilton's (370 sq feet) but the beds were comfortable and the AC worked well. Plus, we did not spend much time in the room, so the room size did not bother us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Macedonia, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This Hilton is nice and close to downtown if you want to take advantage of the nightlife. Not may choices as far as food compared to larger resorts in Jamaica. Both upscale restaurants were okay. Staff was very accommodating at restaurant chef in the buffet made several personal requests for us that were not on the dinner buffet. Went for a wedding and the aqueduct area was beautiful as well as the area reception area that was outside by the beach that evening. There was a bus that came in on Saturday (looks like for a daytrip and there was probably more than one bus). The beachfront restaurant didn't appear accustomed to that size crowd the wait for food was terribly long. The minifridge was not stocked as you would expect to to be with an all-inclusive sore.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Penetanguishene, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were at the H.R.H. In March 2012 and returned Dec 6 with that same great feeling of paradise.
This time had a few issue with are rooms, we thought are agent had requested adjoining rooms.. When checking in(7:30pm) we find out that ( family of 6) are different floors so they said they would try to help us out in the morning, believe me next day thanks to there accommodating staff they had us moved a few rooms down from are family.
Rooms: Very comfortable pillow top mattresses for great sleep.. Good showers.. Many U.S. tv Chanel's. We were on the 5th floor facing the pool and night entertainment, it was a little noisey from 7 to 10 but not loud enough to stop someone from sleeping!
Food was awesome.. Again we did the a la cartes..( great service and food)
All we did was go to Rose Hall shopping centre and the rest of the time we stayed so busy at the resort with the water slides, lazy river, beach kayaking, sailing and eating.
Beach: is not very large beach area...alway lots of chairs..the water is murky because of the fine sand at the shore but it does't end up in your bathing suit like other beaches. Can't walk the beach but you can walk the golf course which is very scenic!
I always wonder reading reviews about a tile missing in a pool, seaweed on the beach, garbage that has not been picked up ( that you probably leave behind also) .
Review are review, I would recommend the Hilton Rose Hall to families it soooo much fun, safe, comfy and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!