I will not be visiting an all inclusive anytime soon. There are several things that may attract a traveller to an all inclusive, everything in one place; food, entertainment and a room to sleep, but it gets boring after two or three days.
The rooms are typical of the Hilton brand, there is really nothing special about it. Same Peter Thomas Roth toiletries, shampoo, soup, bath gel. No bathrobes, bed slippers etc. Ive seen better Hiltons in Paris and Rome. Ive also stayed at cheaper all inclusives in Jamaica and enjoyed better facilities and amenities.
The food is good in the main dining area. I especially liked the pasta station. The pastry was also good for a hotel so I must say kudos to the pastry chef and the executive and sou chefs. The grill near the water park however is not the best. The patties, burger and the nacho with cheese were bland. Even the ketchup tasted bland. The drinks at the bar was ok, nothing outstanding. We drank a lot of Bob Marley's, those were good. I must say though that I liked that my plate was alway warm, this suggested to me that sanitation was high on the priority list in the kitchen and thats commendable.
The water and lazy river were fun and relaxing. We especially loved the swim up bar (you dont even have to get off the rubber tube). What we hated was, the smell of urine that began to rise from the slide tower, though I can't fully blame Hilton, some people are just gross and inconsiderate. We did complain about it and the matter was dealt with promptly. Just be mindful of not allowing that water to get in your drink when you are relaxing in the pool. A tip for readers, the water park and lazy river are very popular and the number of lounge chairs by the pool fills up quickly, so get there as early as you if you want to secure one.
The entertainment was okay, and we did especially appreciate the live bands in the nights. The entertainment coordinator did a lot to ensure that the guest were not bored.
It was okay. I would not deliberately pay to go there again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rose Hall Resort And Spa
- Hilton Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Rose Hall Hotel
- Hilton Hotels Montego Bay
- Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa Jamaica - Montego Bay