“I can't wait to return to this amazing resort! Yea Mon!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$209 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
london
“I can't wait to return to this amazing resort! Yea Mon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have just returned from a (too short!) break at this wonderful resort, and I cannot say enough good things about this place. For us the main asset is the staff. I have a list of names a mile long, so too long to put on here, but have to mention Owayne on the Hilton Honors desk, Conroy, Alwayne and Angie from Fresh restaurant, and fab Sylvester on the breakfast egg station, Cecilia from the seaside grill, and Heron at Mangoes bar. Also Sashagay, Shevon and O Neill who are part of the entertainment team and taught us how to "Reggae walk"! The thing you notice here is how everyone is so happy and friendly and seem to love working at the Hilton with many having worked there for years. Another good sign is that the Hotel Manager was often walking around chatting to guests and staff.

The food and drink here is plentiful and it was a surprise to see top name spirits being served (not the usual local cheaper brands). You must try seaside grill for lunch, and the Jerkmo cart that serves yummy jerk chicken and festival sweet bread. There are also two a la carte restaurants which can be booked via reception and are included in the AI entitlement (a once a week visit per restaurant). We found that the Three Palms restaurant was nicer than the Italian, Luna. However this is purely personal preference and is not a reflection on food quality or service.

The rooms are kept spotlessly clean, and we were lucky enough to have an amazing view of the golf course and ocean. If you leave a small tip for the cleaning ladies they'll make you cute little towel animals! The rooms have a small fridge which is kept stocked with bottled water but no alcoholic drinks are supplied in the rooms (at least ours weren't). As for the beds, WOW! These are so comfy we were tempted to chill out in our rooms, it was a real wrench to get out of the lovely comfy beds!

Nightlife was also good here, with plenty on offer, a fab band called Tropical something, (can't remember the exact name)on the Fresh stage most nights until around 10.30. The band is excellent and sing a range of popular Reggae songs, some of which of course are by the man himself, Bob Marley. The only down side is that if the drinks service is slow it means tat people go elsewhere to drink, and the band didn't always get the appreciation they deserved. Be sure to check out Silver Birds steel band, they are on stage on Wednesday and Saturday nights at the Fresh stage. They are phenomenal and will wow you, especially their dancing! There is also a nightclub on site, called Cricket club. we found this could be a bit loud and the music wasn't always to our taste, however the drinks here were good and service was great and the AI package continued until 2am here. Also the Bar King Frog bar, which serves the best G and T, and a huge range of cocktails, this bar closed at midnight.

We didn't get to use the spa, but peeped in when passing, it looked lovely and I'd definitely use it next time I visit. There was a well equipped gym with a range of equipment, and plenty of activities on offer for people wanting to stay active whilst on hols. The morning power walk on the golf course was great as was the nature walk and the pool Aqua Aerobics. The dancing with the entertainment team was also great fun, especially the afternoon Jamaican and Reggae dancing class that was held near Mangoes bar (check out Shevon's dance moves, he could teach someone with two left feet to dance, he is that good!

The hotel offers a free shuttle bus to the nearby Rose Hall Shoppes, which is good if you want to buy souvenirs or fine jewellery/watches. You can barter with the shop staff who will offer you good deals. The bus starts at 10 AM and runs every half hour till 5pm with a break for lunch from 1pm. The bus can be picked up out the front of the hotel, the Bell Desk will direct you. The journey takes about ten minutes. Definitely worth a look as there are some nice shops. The on site gift shop at the Resort is also good and we found the souvenirs to be reasonably priced, with the clothing generally available at similar prices to the airport.

I really cannot recommend this place enough. If you take the time to chat to the staff you will come away with so many new friends and you won't be able to resist booking a return trip to this great resort. Thank you to all the staff we met for making our holiday so fantastic, we miss you all, and we will see you all soon. Yea Mon!

Room Tip: Rooms near the fresh stage can be noisy, so be warned if you want to sleep before 10.30 PM
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a very family friendly resort with plenty to do. The water slide and pool area is a fun area and well maintained and the bartenders were responsive and fun, which isn't always the case at an all-inclusive.The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, we were easily able to book the activities we wanted to do (kayak, restaurants, tours, etc.), the food was good. It wasn't too long of a drive to get to the shopping and tours on the island, so the location is not an issue. All in all, we had a great time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I don't think the time I got to spend at this lovely location was enough, it had everything going for it...service, food, comfort, entertainment. I think my absolute favorite thing is that they have different and unique activities every day and even in one day. I loved that I could enjoy a 'crab race' (featuring little colored crabs scrambling to get out of the circle first) before going for a float under the fantastic falls on the lazy river. It was post Sandy so I didn't get to do any water sports like kayaking so for that and so much more I'll have to go back for a visit and I guess being a Hilton Honors member doesn't hurt :).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The bartenders and performers make this place so much fun! The get 5/5 from me down to remembering my name, what I drink where I was from, my plans for the day asking me at the end of the day how it was.Telling us places to go and see where we need to watch for safety. I can't express how much these employees made me feel welcomed.

The beds were very comfortable and rooms were very clean

The supervisor in this buffet area need an attitude adjustment we went in 3 mins prior to them opening she kicked us out told us it not open for anther 3 mins she said it so rude, no matter how she said it 3 mins are you kidding.....

Over all the buffet is TERRIBLE!

They need to keep the beach cleaner before people go out in the AM most places I have been has a machine to pick up all the sludge from the ocean, these guys send 3 men with rakes in the middle of the day.

Room Tip: Do to safety issues I would not have a room on the first 2/3 floors especially the 1st (ground floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dalton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just returned from our stay (11/24-12/2) at HRH. For the most part the Hotel was very nice and clean. Our room was average, nothing special but no big deal as all we did was sleep and shower. The waterslides and lazy river were fun and added a little excitement to the days. The staff was very friendly and gracious to us especially to my 8 year old daughter. The food was average and pretty much stayed the same all week, NO VARIATION. Seafood was non-existent at HRH. No Lobster, No Crab Legs, Very Little Shrimp etc. If you are a beach lover then HRH is not the place for you. The beach seemed dirty not only with seaweed but we noticed plastic forks, spoons, bottles etc. The staff did what they could to keep the beach as clean as possible but it was still a disappointment. The ocean water was very muddy and merky at times. Forget about seeing your feet on the bottom. If you are looking for a beach with crystal clear water you will have to travel to Negril. The staff upon check-in and check-out were very diligent. The specialty restaurants were also just OKAY, nothing special, just average. The women in the Kids Klub were great. My daughter really enjoyed the activities that were offered. All in all I would say that our stay at HRH was just average. It became obvious after a few days that our expectations of HRH were set way too high for what they had to offer. One last item, the steel band that played on Wednesday night was AWESOME.....OUT OF THIS WORLD TALENT.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RobdeBekker, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent family vacation at our property. We are glad to hear your room met your needs and that your daughter was able to enjoy our Kids Klub activities while you enjoyed other activities around the hotel. We are sorry to have disappointed you with our beach presentation. Please know that we are working diligently to keep our sands clean and will continue to improve the area moving forward. Furthermore we appreciate your feedback on the food & beverage experience, we will use your feedback to be able to further improve. We hope to have another opportunity to impress you and your family should you choose to return to Jamaica in the future.

Rob de Bekker
Director of Food & Beverage
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Travelled here between nov 25-dec 2nd on family vacay w/ wife & 4 year old daughter & for 1st time in Jamaica I was blown away at how great my stay was . I'll be as honest as I can.. First off , check in: Was very easy & quick ! We were booked in a resort view room and My wife simply asked if there was any rooms availible with a view of the ocean & were put into a room with 1 of the best sightlines I have ever been in , 607. Overlooked not only the ocean, but the golf course & mountains as well!! The room : Was very clean looking , updated style , beds pretty comfy , lots of pillows very comfortable feel . Bathroom was good , shower had good water pressure, only downside was the drainage and the handles in the sink were slightly leaky(not a big deal to me , but I know ppl like to hear this so).
Resort atmosphere: felt like I was on vacation!! The grounds were very neat .The common areas inside the hotel (lobby/ outside patios) were kept clean , spacious and very new looking. There were vendors outside selling goods but unlike other places I have been (Dominican) there was no pressure at all from them to get you to buy ! The fact that you could take a walk not only around the resort , but across the golf course as well was pretty neat !
Food/Drink: Being a picky eater I was expecting to lose weight due to thinking I would have less to choose from ..Wrong! We ate at the bufett every morning and there was tons to choose from. From the omlette stn. to the bacon/eggs etc. tons to choose from .French toast,waffles,pancakes as well as local fruits and traditional dishes.The fact you can eat breakfast & see the ocean as well is clutch!
Lunch was mostly spent at the Oceanside grill and again great selection ! jerk pork and chicken was pretty much the go to meals .They have a kids menu too which was great .
Dinners were again at the buffet and they had different themed meals each night . Pretty good eating too! We did eat 1 night at the 3 Palms and this was an awesome time! You do have to book but you actually take a shuttle to it and eat overlooking the golf course. Wonderful meal and gave that feel like we were off the resort but we werent!
Beach: Was ok , more of a pool guy than a beach bum but they have a separte adult only beach as well as main beach . Beach was clean , there was some stuff along the water edge but they did come by and move it away.
Pools: Spent lots of hrs here . There is a main pool right when you come out of the resort and another down further. Pool bar was great . Lazy river was neat and my daughter enjoyed it as well as the waterslides. There are 3 short slides and by the last day my daughter could go down them by herself and loved it! There is another main slide that does have a hieght restriction and you go down by tube which was awesome!! lots of fun .(If you time it right , you can actually come off the slide and get right up to the bar!!!)
They also had a kids club that we could drop off and they did activities and have a nice little play area so this was an added bonus for us as well as my daughter interacting with other kids and just having fun .
People / Staff: By far AMAZING!! Smiling , friendly , outgoing saying hi to you , asking how your trip is going, helping out with any questions you have , not just having that felling of ppl that just work there. From servers to cooks to fornt end staff as well as maintenance crew, smiles everywhere made it more enjoyable to be around. The fact that alot of these staff took time to talk to my 4 yr old , say hi , ask how shes enjoying her trip , make sure she was doing ok ,made her feel special and imprtant too!! Too many to remeber names but Kerrianne, Sophia , Kevin , Sylvester(who seemed to love my hats!!) and Davee are just a few of the caring staff there :)

Now I know this is long and Im almost done but I will note the only cons I found during the stay: Another restroom area near lazy river perhaps(The main pool restrooms were out of service so the next closest restrooms were by the buffet area.)
Overall, this was amazing and I would definatly recommend it to anyone (It is very kid friendly)
Well done Hilton Rose Hall!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with golf course / ocean view are great to watch sunsets .Really quiet if travelling with kids...
Dalton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife, 2 kids and I just got back from HRH and are not the type to complain. We love Jamaica and have been to at least 5 different resorts in Jamaica alone. However, all of us, including the other couples (2) traveling with us, found the food to be average and was lacking in selection during the week. Other resorts in the same price range have huge buffets with a different theme every day. The same breakfast and lunch menus day after day is not what we are used to and expected a little more from a Hilton property.
Secondly, the beach was short and rocky. Maybe by 1 or 2 p.m. you saw the tractor combing the beach to get rid of the seaweed. Why so late in the day? i don't know. It looked half-decent after it was done.
Staff- Very nice and accommodating to us and our children. They were great.
Rooms- Nice and on par with a Hilton.
If they could only get a better selection of food in the buffets and switch up the menus in the restaurants just once during the week, it wouldn't have gotten stale.
In addition, start cleaning the seaweed off the beach before guests arrive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
swisschef66, Executive Chef at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to our survey, I am very sorry that our food offerings did not meet your expectation. In an effort for continuous improvement I am asking you to elaborate a little what kind of food you were looking for. This will help me and my team to tailor the menus to our guests needs. My team and I are striving to satisfy all our guests’ needs and should our clients not find anything suitable we are more then happy to prepare some special meals.
I am surprised that you did not see anyone cleaning the beach befor 1PM since our landscaping department makes it thier priority to clean the beach daily first thing in the morning.

Once again I apologize for not meeting your needs and hope you will give us a chance in the near future to make it right for you.

Best regards

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!