Where do I begin. I literally just returned home from this awesome place. My boyfriend and I stayed for 4 days and we honestly wished that we could have stayed longer. The decor was beautiful, eclectic but beautiful. Iberostar has 3 resorts on its property and the GRAND is absolutely and positively the best. We had an ocean view suite on the top floor (room 5416) and the views were breathtaking. The room decor was beautiful and the bathroom was every couple's fantasy (separate vanities). There was concierge and "butler" service (more on that later) for every suite. There were several restaurants to choose from and a nightly themed show full of interesting and colorful performances. The grand in particular also has a free internet room, a cigar lounge and a nightclub with a pretty good DJ. Overall I have no major complaints but I do have some advice for future guest:
1. The carpet situation: Yes there are some stains on the carpet which is a bit weird but the hallways are always kept tidy and clean.
2. One complaint that I had is that the butler service makes no sense because your butlers change throughout the day and you may tip one and never see him again. So just be conscience of that. The concierge is much better and will tend to all needs a lot faster than the butlers.
3. ON THE DAY OF ARRIVAL MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR THE RESTAURANTS FOR YOUR ENTIRE TRIP. If you do not heed this warning you may be left without a reservation even though the restaurant is 60% empty. Also be aware that not all restaurants are open every night so plan accordingly.
4. Lunch is buffet style and outside near the pool. (Beware the pasta salads because they are not placed on ice and are in fact outside). The rest of the food is tasty and often has many selections of Jamaican cuisine.
5. The pools and the beach are fantastic!!!!!!
6. Attempt to hire a private driver for all excursions (book in advance) because they can get quite pricy at the hotel. Here the internet will be your friend. Try the zip-line and bobsled I promise you will LOVE it.
7. If you want to buy alcohol avoid the shops in Jamaica at all cost because alcohol is 50% cheaper in the airport. (We learned the hard way)
8. The shows are so so and the club is actually really good.
9. Bartenders are great so don't be afraid to tip well.
10. Last but not least have FUN because this place is FABULOUS.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and EasyToBook so you can book your Iberostar Grand Rose Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Hotel Montego Bay
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Jamaica - Montego Bay