“King for a Week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
SE Missouri
“King for a Week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

This hotel was amazing! The whole experience was amazing! I've stayed at a RIU in Playa Del Carmen Mexico... and I thought it was the best until I stayed at the El Dorado Royale Spa Resort in Riviera Maya Mexico... but the Iberostar Grand in Montego Bay was one of a kind. It will be hard to try out another new place. I am not a super-seasoned traveler, but I met several during my stay. They said they have been everywhere and NEVER received service even close to this caliber. l would have to agree! The staff at this hotel were 2nd to none. Morris at the swim-up bar was the best bartender I have ever encountered. Kennesha (the waitress on the beach) greeted my wife and I every day by first name after we introduced ourselves only once on the first day.(and you got drinks on the beds out on the beach every 10-15 minutes..not once an hr like some places) Victoria greeted my wife by name everyday at the omelet station and asked if she would like the usual! The beach was a little pebbley where you enter the water, but then it is fine once you get in (i hear the beach in Negril is better..but this one was still beautiful... and not to mention you were in the hotel 10-15 mins after leaving the airport!) The food was really good... but the best was the authentic Jamaican Jerk food that was cooked out on the beach on Thursday. I was actually TIRED of eating lobster! You get as many lobster tails as you want...even on the lunch buffet! The room service was good. My wife ordered sushi, and I ordered KOBE BEEF BURGERS!(multiple times)... You can order a bag of doritos, a plate of french fries, Fanta soda, beer, DVDs..whatever.. anytime! Great romantic rooms. As soon as we got there we were upgraded to an Oceanfront Room. Total Privacy. Loveseat swing and daybed on your balcony. Beautiful view. Separate his and hers sinks, separate shower and jacuzzi tub. Tell your butler (yes you have a 24-hr butler) to draw your wife a bath at midnight.. then go eat dinner, catch a show (very talented cast), drink (all top shelf liquor- Crown Royal, Beefeater, Henessey, Grey Goose, etc..not the well liquor like you get everywhere else).. and when you open your door to go to bed.. you will have a candlelit path lined with rose petals to a bubble bath. -- this is all inclusive! .. be nice and tip good and frequent- they earn every penny! Great security at your resort- I saw security walking the beach at 3am. There were a couple of locals on canoes selling things in the water, but I was never approached like you get at other resorts. The only thing I would change is to add a little more authentic Jamaican entertainment and food... maybe an extra cookout day on the beach, or some beach entertainment with local bands in the evening would add to the experience. But I have no complaints. It was much better than Mexico. The staff is twice as friendly, and they speak English show you can shoot the breeze with them. Awesome, awesome, awesome place!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,412)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Grand for our honeymoon and it was truly the best vacation ever. The resort is beautiful and has 5 star plus accomodations. The service is exceptional. The butlers, pool staff, chefs, waiters, starfriends, bartenders, and housekeepers are all friendly and happy to assist you with whatever you need or want weteher it is a special drink, candle lit bubble bath, or even someone to apply your sunscreen at Iberostar Grand it is really "no problem mon". The food is excellent! Not only are the retaurants sensational so is the 24 hour room service and buffets. My husband and I ordered filet minion room service everyday and it always arrived fresh, hot, and cooked just right. We have been to other all inclusive resorts and the food at Iberostar Grand far exceeds are previous all inclusive experiences. In addition, the head chef Mario is very friendly and makes an effort to meet every guest and accomodate their needs. The overall experience of Iberostar Grand is one of luxury and relaxation. We would highly recommend it for couples seeking a romantic get away or honeymoon or even singles who just want to get away.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic 7 night trip to Iberostar Grand. This was absolutely our best vacation ever. Barrington at the front desk greeted us with a wonderful smile and immediately accomodated our request for an ocean front room. The rooms are very, very clean and I have high standards in that area! They are fully stocked with all of the amenities. I absolutely loved the soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower, no need to worry about those small bottles although you received those as well. The food was very good, I cannot say excellent but definitely good. The pools and beach are beautiful. Syreeka at the towel hut was always smiling and friendly and helpful. She deserves a raise! The spa was the best, heavenly! I received the best massage from Donna. She was just perfect. The wellness pool is also great. The only negatives were minor but annoying and for a 5 star hotel, they must be addressed. There really did not seem to be any non-smoking rooms. There were mutiple stains on the carpets in the corridors. For our first couple of days at the resort, my husband and I found our way to various places in the resort by following the stains. One of the concierges told us that they were wine stains and had been there for awhile! How can a 5 star resort which just opened less than a year ago accept disgusting stain filled hallways. My last complaint and it is a minor one is the lack of floats for the pool. Many times, there were only about 10 people at the pools and they were out of floats which tells me that they only have about 10. That's ludicrous. For all of the money that you pay to stay, they can purchase enough 3 dollar floats. All this said, we truly loved our vacation at the Iberostar. We will be back next year and I only hope that they can accommodate us with a non-smoking room, no stains in the hallway and a float for the pool.

pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Aug 23-30th and could go on and on about how wonderful the resort is. Originally booked at the Suites, we were upgraded to the Grand upon arrival. We didn't really know what to expect, but in all i would say our vacation exceeded all expectations. The service staff were great (management not as friendly as other hotel staff). Our room was the best room we have ever stayed in on vacation, very comfy beds, great deck with ocean view, awesome bathroom/especially the tub. The food was great, although have to be honest, at times a little slow getting to you at dinner, but can't have it all. Room service was great, we got breakfast almost every day in our room, same that was served at the buffet. Relaxing way to start our day! The wait/bartender/activity staff were great, especially Ardley, Garth, Makari and Andre! Ardley, our nigh bartender, provided us with some great conversations!! The pools were big enough, infinity pool overlooking the ocean. Plenty of lounge chairs. Entertainment opportunities at night were fun, took in a few shows which were better than the ones in Mexico, and music bar in the suites was very fun. I highly recommend this resort to any couple or group of friends. This was our first time in Jamaica and i would say we will definitely be back Mon!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Hotel in Montego Bay, Jamaica from Aug. 28th to Sept. 2nd. This was by far the best experience ever. The attention to details that the staff demonstrated was unbelievable. The rooms were amazing. Michael, I loved my swing!!! The bubble bath was the ultimate in luxury. The hotel was spotless. This resort had everything that a cruise ship offers and so much more. Gourmet dining. Thanks to Jorje, Jason and the rest of the staff. The concierge desk was always available to help with anything. The shows were spectacular. The catamaran ride was a highlight thanks to Jeffrey. I could go on and on. We will return.

Little Silver, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We visited the Grand Rose Hall Aug 18-25. We have been to the Caribbean Seven (7) tmes in the last two years and this was the Very Best Resort. We had read lots of wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor, but our own trip to the Grand Rose Hall Far Exceeded Our Expectations. The Beach, Caribbean Sea, Food, Room, and Most of All the Staff made it a fantastic trip. Norlan in the "Surf & Turf", Kacianne at the Pool Towels, Jorge our butler, and all the other wonderful staff made it a trip to remember. Thanks to Pilar for all her help. We Will Be Returning Soon !!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

This place is absolutely fabulous! The hotel is beautiful, outstanding service, wonderful entertaining, fabulous food! It's the best place that we have stayed at- and we have visited places like Mexico( Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, Cancun, Riviera Maya), Puerto Rico, Italy, France, Belgium, Germany and the UK. It's was an incredible experience- and having a butler is a nice addition!! You will get spoiled at this hotel to the point that you will not want to come back to reality! ;-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#9 of 64 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 stars 4,509 reviews
The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!