“Could have been 5 stars if” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Cornelius
“Could have been 5 stars if”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

AC wasn't working for most of our stay. They tried to make lemonade out of a lemon and, for the most part, succeeded. Dinners on the beach were a wonderful alternative. Couldn't watch the shows in the theater because of the heat. However, our butler during the first 24 hours did not listen, as we did not get the right liquors, wine ( no corkscrew in room; requested one and didn't receive it for 24 hours) or pillows. Didn't receive washcloths the second day. Food and personnel were excellent outside the room situation. Did not have the swing on our porch and was told a variety of reasons why it was gone. We were offered a room change, but declined, as no other room would have been cooler and it was too much trouble to pack up everything and move simply for a swing. Loved the beach outdoor buffet for breakfast, lunch and pools. Dinner at the Gourmet was disappointing. Beef Bourg. was dry and tough. Dinner at Surf and Turf was far better. We felt Iberostar should have offered a compensation for the lack of air conditioning in some form, whether it be a discount on a future trip or something, but did not feel we should have to request it. Just left us feeling lukewarm about the management. One would hope they learn from this experience and have more thorough maintenance checks on ac in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,299)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We went down in April,2015 first time there rooms were large and clean with a balcony. The grounds were well kept and the 4 pools were in excellent condition . The staff what can I say NO PROBLEM MAN . From the first seconds you hit the hotel the staff is there for you,Is there anything they can do to make your stay better. The food was very good, the buffets were always good,clean and neat.We tried the Surf&Turf restaurant and had a nice sit down dinner food was excellent.I will try another Iberostar Hotel. If you have never been here go ahead and give it a try

Room Tip: Try not to get the ground floor
Marlton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was my 5 stay at rose hall and the worst! The lack of communication in regards to the air conditioning system break down was unacceptable. No one could give any information regarding the repair. We were at here for 7 day 5 of those days were without air conditioning. All the restaurants were closed without word. Dinner was served on the beach, this is not what I paid for! The staff was remarkable even due to the situation. But the lack of communication by management was appalling and uncaring. I once boasted about the facility but now I will be making other arrangements for my next vacation.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Each year we come it gets better and better. This year there were improvements to the property ,new outdoor furniture ,snack bar in lobby,fresh paint. The staff never disappoints .our butler Shane is one of the best,we had him last year too. I loved coming back to our room to find champaign and a hot bath and fresh fruit. There is always something going on you will never be bored. We use our golf vouchers its worth it,but my husband does bring his own clubs. It's cheaper to bring them than to rent them every time you golf. For anyone who is still deciding on this resort you will not regret it. I have been the grand in Mexico too and the love and hospitality shone by the staff in Jamaica is way beyond anything I experienced in Mexico . And for anyone who is new to Jamaica you will fall in love with it.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Although this was my 20th visit to Jamaica, I'd always previously stayed at private homes. I had the pleasure this time to stay at the Iberostar Grand near Mo Bay.
What can I say, the service was top notch, the people were some of the friendliest that I've found anywhere and the food and drink were superb. It's a stunning location and the rooms were well appointed.
I didn't eat at any of the restaurants on the property except for the buffet. They looked lovely and I'm sure they were excellent. The buffet worked for me just fine . The food was superb with some misses, nothing to write about really, overall excellent. I was greatly impressed with the afternoon BBQ on the beach with fresh coconuts opened for you and a bar set up on the beach as well. Just great! No children are allowed on this end of the property. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were here for eight days in early April and had a great time. Staff was excellent for the most part. The pools were a good temperature and the right mix of fun and relaxing.

The main thing keeping this from being a five star stay for me was the ambiance and atmosphere in the specialty restaurants. They were very aesthetically cold and cafeteria like. It isn't that I need full on murals and dress up and knick knacks to be "Italian" or a strolling mariachi band for it to be "Mexican". It's that there was nothing at all that was any different than a dining hall or hospital cafeteria. Other than the Japanese (hands down the best food, by the way) there was absolutely nothing in the space to show that it was any sort of restaurant at all.

And a teeny/personal thing: the only place to put your shower items was the millimeter bigger than the bar of soap or the floor, which is full of water because, hello, you're in the shower. Petty I know, but a daily nuisance.

This was our first Iberostar stay and it was very nice. My favorite part was the security details keeping the kids next door on their own turf ;)

San Leandro, Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just returned from a six night stay here. It was wonderful, We are from California and our son was married here. What a great resort a perfect ten all the way around. The weather was extremely hot and the air conditioner went out on our third day and we still managed to have the time of our lives. We traveled with a group of 80 people and we all had a great time. If and when I ever return this will be the only place I would stay. Beach perfect, pools wonderful, food was excellent. STAFF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our favorite part of course was the bar at the pool and indoors. What a great place. Would return again

Room Tip: stay away from the side that gets the afternoon sun
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!