“Absolutely Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Blackstone, Massachusetts, United States
“Absolutely Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just returned from our honeymoon and we were so in love with not only the resort, but the staff as well. Our "Star Friends", Kiki, Stella, Bubbles, Diamond, Shortcake, Thunder and Peter made us laugh everyday. The Star Friends are honestly some of the hardest working young people I have ever met! They are made sure that we were having fun and we wish that we could take them all home with us. They literally became a part of our family. The bartenders at the swim up bar were also amazing, but I don't remember all of their names (they also work incredibly hard). They were always smiling, asking us if we were enjoying ourselves and sometimes, they even sang to us!! The food was amazing! A special thank you to one of the chefs (Karen) for our Jamaican Pattie recipe! Lastly, a shout out to Mr. O (our butler) for drawing us a bath with rose petals and checking on us every night to see if we needed anything. Honestly, all of the staff at this resort were simply amazing and made us all feel so welcomed! The property was really quite stunning, super clean and our rooms were spacious. I honestly can't think of one negative thing to say other than that I wish we could have stayed longer!! We definitely want to plan another vacation here again and would not try other Iberostar owned properties because of this awesome experience!!

Room Tip: We had an oceanview room (which was awesome). You could upgrade to an ocean front room, but honestl...

3,105 people have reviewed this hotel

2093
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Polish first
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I know this review is a year late, but honestly, words can't describe how great of a resort this is! My wife and I came to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall this time last year for our honeymoon, and we are headed back in the morning!!! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was awesome at this resort. First of all, the staff was incredible! Especially Terry and Amoy. They went beyond the call of duty to ensure our stay was memorable, and we are excited to know they both are still working there. The room was spacious, clean, and up to date. The food, and the variety of food, was incredible. The room service and our butler were exceptional. Bartenders were friendly and knew how to make great drinks! Beach, Local Activities, and the Club were all great. There is nothing negative that I can say about this resort. We planned to come back in 3 years, but we couldn't stay away, so we are headed back in the morning. Last statement, it is because of Trip Advisor and the excellent customer reviews that we even chose Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, and they didn't let us down. So thank you previous Iberostar guests and Trip Advisor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review of our hotel. We are ecstatic to learn that our service in general, layout of our rooms, delicious food, and excellent butler service and room service had all enhanced the quality of your last visit. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return and assure you that we will be offering our usual exceptional service.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just got back yesterday from a 5 night trip for my friend's wedding and we had an amazing time!! First I'll start off with the room. The room was modern and the cleaning staff do an excellent job tidying up each morning and evening. I loved having the butler service - Rushane and Donovan were excellent! Rushane helped us out with difficult to get reservations at the Surf and Turf restaurant and Donovan surprised my boyfriend and I with a bottle of champagne that we didn't even have to ask for.
Next, the pool area and activities. We did not have trouble finding seats by the pool and the servers were very attentive no matter where we sat. Never waited long for a drink. I also really enjoyed the variety of activity options and the "Star Friends" did a good job running them. There was something new to do pretty much every day. We only saw one show, The Ideal Couple, but it was entertaining and I would definitely recommend it.
The food and drink did not disappoint! Because we were there for a wedding at the Suites next door, we ate at two restaurants there for the rehearsal and wedding dinners. Both dinners were very good - one was at Calabash, the other, Mare Nostrum. The cream of asparagus soup at Calabash was one of my favorite dishes of the vacation. At the grand, we ate at the Surf and Turf, Gourmet, and Kiniro Japanese. Gourmet was our favorite of the trip. The Japanese restaurant has Hibachi tables which was a lot of fun and a great way to mix up all the surf and turf we had been eating. The staff at all the restaurants were very attentive. I'd also recommend getting the food they grill on the pool deck next to the bar and on the beach at lunchtime - delish! Most of the beer available was Red Stripe, and the wine was a house brand. I'd recommend the Tempranillo. There was a large selection of liquor brands to pick from.
If you're trying to pick between the grand and suites, I would pick the grand. I thought it was worth the extra money to have the adults only experience, 24-hour butler and room service, and being able to order bottles of wine, champagne and hard liquor to the room. I also thought the rooms at the grand were larger and more luxurious.
Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel! It was pricey, but worth it. Shout out to the AWESOME piano player at the lobby bar on Friday and Monday night.

Room Tip: I enjoyed having a room on a higher floor!
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review of our property. We were delighted to hear that your visit to our hotel had been a remarkable success. It had been a privilege to be able to host you and your group. It was also encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the activities put on by the Star Friends, our delicious food and beverages and the attentive service of our staff in general. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will continue to tell friends and family about our hotel.

Montgomery, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was nice to go somewhere where they actually cared about you and your stay with them. The people are super friendly and always right there to take care of your every need. From the minute we got off the bus we felt like royalty.
All restaurants were very good including the buffets. The only thing you should watch out for is, the wine does not come with the meal in many cases.. You should check with server to see if it is complementary or if it will be charged to the room.
The hotel tries very hard to make your stay enjoyable by providing daytime and evening entertainment. Daytime is by the pool and the beach and evening shows are both inside and out.
The hotel and rooms were spotless.
As on all vacations you tend to bond with the people you deal with the most so I would like to mention the outstanding jobs performed by Denston & Kevin (our butlers) 4 of our favorite swim up bartenders Sentilman, Keiffer, O'Neil and Ricardo, but please know that all bartenders at the swim up bar are great ... Stella was a great entertainer and always fun....
All in all if you are thinking about going, do it.....

Room Tip: We had an ocean view that also looked over most of the pool and it was great.
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. Your glowing comments will serve as reward to our hardworking team. Our staff aims to ensure that each guest has a memorable vacation. To this end, we were enthused to hear that you had enjoyed our friendly service, superb entertainment and efficient staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope that we will become part of all your future vacation plans.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Iberostar Grand with another couple. I have never been so spoiled! By far, the friendlist staff from top to bottom that I have ever encounterd. Always asking how you were doing, if you needed anything, and always with a smile.

ROOMS: The rooms are large and have plenty of storage. The porch has a sofa and coffee table, and a large wicker swing seat that is so comfortable you could nap in it. The mini-bar is stocked with sodas, water, beer & small wine bottles, along with mini liquor bottles. It is all complimentary, and just let the butler know what you want more of or less of, and they will stock it accordingly.

POOL AREA: The pool and beach areas are beautiful and so well maintained. There are 3 pools, with the infinity pool at the end toward the beach with a swim up bar. We LOVED the bartenders at the swim-up bar, especially Sentillmen (the gentleman), Keifer and ONeil. There are always 4 or more bartenders, and they all have their own tropical drink specialty. Just ask them for something good, and they will take care of you. The drinks are NOT watered down, in fact, they are usually pretty strong. We especially liked Sentillmen's Wicky-Wacky-Woo, and the Jamaican Smile. But never had a bad drink. Staff also come around in the morning with mimosas and iced tea, and take drink orders all during the day.

The "Star Friends" staff make sure there are things to do all day long, if you want to. They are the hardest working and sweetest young staff you will ever meet. Get to know Stella. She is a riot! Activities are going on all day long, starting late morning with water aerobics. They vary from day to day, but include dance lessons (with a steel drum band one day), wine & cheese tasting, darts, horse shoes, football toss, volleyball, bingo and yoga. There are 2 ping pong tables near the towel shed, and there were several lunch buffets set up out on the beach (every other day). Also by the towel area, they have all kinds of different sunscreens for you to use, and you will need them!

The pool chairs do get reserved early, but mostly the ones in the sun. But there are plenty of chairs all around the area, and if we had to do it over, we would have gotten ones in the shade, because we all got a little too much sun by about the third day. It's best to get your sun while you are in the pool or on the beach, and have a shady spot to cool off for awhile. The sun is strong! The pools are never overcrowded. They are all large and kept just cool enough. They also bring out a big trash can filled with those swimming noodles for the pool, which are great for just floating around on. So get your sun that way, and don't get burned like we did.

BUTLERS: A BIG thank you to our amazing butlers, Denston and Kevin. These guys took such good care of us! If you need something, just ask them. An example: I got the above mentioned sunburn. It was the burning and itching kind, and was driving me crazy. I came out of my room to go to the shops to see if I could find something for it. Denston asked how I was doing, and when I told him about the sunburn, he said to just wait in my room and he would see what he could find. He came back with a new bottle of after-sun aloe gel, and told me it was complimentary. Later, Kevin brought me up about 6 more water bottles (to keep hydrated), and some hydrocortizone cream for the itching. By that evening, I was feeling much better and I couldn't thank them enough. (Hint: bring hydrocordizone cream 1% along, just in case. It saved me from that awful itching!).

RESTAURANTS: The 4 specialty restaurants take reservations 1 week in advance. You can email pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm to send in your requests.(Use this email to direct your questions on anything. They even hooked us up with transportation to and from airport for $40 each way). Restaurants are small, so reservations fill up fast. We ate at the Surf & Turf, the Italian & the Japanese restaurants. There is a dress code for these. Men have to wear long pants and collared shirts. The Surf & Turf was our favorite, both for the food and the service. The steak there was so good! If you can't get reservations, the 2 buffets are amazing! Actually, I think I prefered them, as you can go on your own schedule and they have EVERYTHING you could possibly want to eat. Or grab a plate and take it to your room. And all of it is good! I especially loved the jerk chicken. Also, they offer 24 hour room service, which is also really good. You can leave your breakfast request on your door at night, and it will be delivered on time in the morning.

NIGHTIME ENTERTAINMENT: The staff have nightly shows in the theater that begin around 9:45. One night, they had a pirate party on the beach. There is a disco, a karake bar (at adjoining hotel), game room with slot machines, pool tables, a cigar bar, and the lobby bar, which usually has a guitar or piano player.

TIPPING: While it isn't required, these people are working hard and they deserve it. Best advice we got was to bring a hundred one dollar bills, and maybe 10-20 five dollar bills. American money is totally acceptable.

BEER: Very limited selection. Red Stripe & Red Stripe light are the beers of choice. It's actually pretty good. They also have limited amounts of Miller Light, Guiness & Heineken.

WINE: Ok, so this is our only issue (though not a big deal) but...the wine selection is not very good. For reds, Merlot & Cabernet. For whites, only chardonnay. My friend likes sweet white wines, such as Reisling, Pinot Grigio or Moscato. They have NONE of these. This led to an issue we had on our last night at the Italian Restaurant. We asked our waiter about wine choices. He asked if we'd like to see a wine list, which sounded great. They didn't have what we were looking for, so my friend asked if maybe they had a white zinfindel (since they do have mini-bottles of it in the room). He came back with a red zinfandel, and we just said fine..we would both have that. At the end of our meal, he hands me a room charge bill to sign for $50. We asked what this was for, as we had never been billed for anything our entire stay. He said it was for the wine we ordered off the wine list! He never told us that those wines were not included, and he apologized for not making that clear, but still charged us. He seemed new, so we didn't want to get him in trouble and just signed for it. But we did tell the desk staff when we checked out the next day that we didn't think it was right that we were charged for this, but they just apologized for the misunderstanding. SO..be warned. If they hand you a wine list, those are NOT free!!

Overall, this is an incredible place to stay! Take advantage of what they have to offer, and get to know the staff, because they make this place special.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd & 4th floors have great views. Lower floors may be slightly blocked by palm tre...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent vacation. We also appreciated the fact that you took the time on your return home to review our property. Our Management would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any miscommunication with the waiter regarding your wine request. Despite this experience, we were grateful to note that you did not allow it to affect your overall stay. Our team was particularly pleased to hear that the service of our bartenders, star friends, butlers and quality of our rooms all contributed to warm vacation memories. We look forward to your return and hope that you will continue to think of us as your “home away from home”.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I absolutely recommend this resort to anyone! It is well kept and clean, and the service is outstanding.

When we first arrived, Stephen ( at the front desk )was very helpful and made sure that we were satisfied with our room. NOTE: Don't be put off by the hallways leading up to the suits; they seem a little dark and musty but the rooms are fresh, bright, and clean! The beds are the BEST!!! ( so comfortable! ) and they have a pillow menu so you can order the pillow that is right for you. The bathrooms have a great layout and you never want to leave the showers.

I advise on booking a fourth floor suite, where you will be well looked after by the Donovan and Dushane (the butlers) - the are both awesome. From booking dinner reservations to drawing a rose pedal bubble bath, the butlers really went the extra mile to make sure we had a fantastic experience.

The entertainment staff, lead by Kiki was wild and kept everything flowing in a fun positive way. All of the beach/pool activities were great especially the dance lessons and the "Reggae nights " show was well done.

Make sure to check out the spa which has a cool hot tub the size of a small pool with heated ceramic lounge chairs. The spa's whirlpool area has a selection of 5 hot tubs in varying temperatures. Very relaxing.

In conclusion, the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall was the perfect place to go for a perfect getaway.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. We are greatly inspired by your words of recommendation as it pertains to our Front Office staff, Butlers and Entertainment team. Such positive comments serve as reward to our Management and Staff. Please be assured that we will be looking into your comments about our hallways with a view to rectifying that issue. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will not hesitate to call on us whenever next you are planning your return trip.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just returned from a great and relaxing vacation at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall with my sister. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. The property is quite beautiful. Our room was very spacious and always very clean. I will say that there's a very strong scent that permeates the lobby and some of the rooms. I found it overwhelming at times. We actually asked the cleaning staff not to spray any scents in our room.

The beach is very clean and the water is beautiful. Montego Bay beaches are not as nice as Negril beaches. But, I cannot imagine anyone not enjoying time on the beach! Sonia, the waitress on the beach, was awesome! Loved her. She was super attentive and always knew what drinks we wanted. She was also very friendly.

Our butler, Marlon, was really attentive and helpful. He sent up champagne and dark chocolate upon arrival to our room. He made all of our reservations at the specialty restaurants and also made our spa appointments. He checked on us everyday. He was great! Mr. O was also good!

The food at the buffet restaurant as well as the lunch restaurant was really good. I love Jamaican food so I really enjoyed the local dishes offered at breakfast and lunch. We ate at the Surf & Turf restaurant and the new Jamaican restaurant. The Surf & Turf was good. It's not the best steak you'll ever have. But, it was good. And, the Jamaican restaurant was good. It was nice to eat outside near the ocean for dinner.

The spa was fabulous. My sister and I both had very good massages. She and I are both spa enthusiasts. We were not disappointed with the spa.

Lastly, my only real complaint is about the gym. It was awful! First of all, for the amount of money folks pay to stay here, I think the Grand should have its own gym. Normally, I would not care if the gym needed to be shared with guests from the other Iberostar resorts. But the gym is really small and it's hot! The equipment is old. And, of the 4 treadmills, only 2 worked. It was just not a great experience and I suggest that they spend some time upgrading the gym facilities and equipment.

Overall, I recommend the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. It's a wonderful hotel with wonderful staff. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative comments. We are appreciative of the fact that you and your sister chose our hotel as your destination for a relaxing Caribbean vacation. It means a great deal to our team to hear that our well-appointed property, beautiful beach, attentive service from our staff and luxurious spa treatments that made your trip extra-special. We hasten to apologize about the gym equipment, and assure you that our Management is attending to that situation. You can be assured that by your next visit, this situation would have been entirely resolved. Our team looks forward to your return and hope that you will continue to think of us as your Jamaican “home away from home”.

Online Reputation Manager

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!