“Wonderful Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just returned from The Grand-WOW. It was amazing. My husband went to Iberostar Beach resort and loved it-but wanted to go to the Grand for our honeymoon. What a great decision!! I read the reviews on here before we left and I wanted to contribute my own opinion-it may be lengthy, but hopefully people will find it helpful!

As soon as we walked into The Grand, we were greeted with smiles and mimosas! We were ushered to the front desk and were upgraded a room for our honeymoon! The room was actually ready even though we got their earlier than scheduled. When we walked in, the room was beautiful. The bellhop showed us the room, balcony, and the binder with room service, pillow choices (I know, I know), movie choices, and tv stations. I like a firmer mattress and the mattress they have are soft pillow tops. I know a lot of people like those, but it was pretty soft for me. The staff worked very hard to make it more comfortable!
The bathroom is really big with two sinks, a hair dryer and a make up mirror. The shower is incredible with a rain showerhead..so relaxing! The tub in the middle of the bathroom is great! Our night butler, Kevin, filled it a couple times with bubbles and rose petals for us! Very nice touch ;) When we got back from dinner that night, we got back to the room and the bed was turned down with little chocolates! The air conditioning does not work when the door to the balcony is opened, which makes sense. It did get a little warm in the room, but eventually cooled off. Overall, a 10/10 for the room.

Food: The dining is great! The buffet has a lot of choices and the food is great! We went to the Italian restaurant, the Surf and Turf, and the Japanese restaurant. All of the food was good, but we definitely liked the Japanese the best! It had a great atmosphere (see the picture) and amazing food! We were a little surprised that the only red wine they had to offer was merlot. Not a big deal at all, but it was surprising that the only time you could get Cabernet was at the Italian restaurant for an added cost...but that was the only thing I would change regarding the dining experience. The breakfast buffets were delicious as well. There was an indoor buffet and an outdoor buffet by the pool. The drinks were wonderful! I cannot tell you how many bars this resort has!! Anytime you need a drink, just turn around and there will be a bar or someone willing to grab your order! Overall, dining 9/10!

Beach and pool: wonderfully refreshing! The ocean was beautiful!! I couldnt get over it! We walked down the beach to the other Iberostar resorts and noticed how many trees were on the beach there compared to at The Grand. The Grand definitely has the best beach! Plenty of chairs, however we did go down before breakfast to snag 2 chairs for the day. Like I said, there was always someone around to get a drink if you needed one. At one point, one of the waitresses, Jodi, knew the drink I liked and always had one ready for me! Overall, beach/pool 10/10

Entertainment: I could go on forever about the amazing people that work here! We definitely made some friends while we were there and actually were asked to be in one of the shows! It was a lot of fun. The Star Friends and the bands at night were great!! My husband and I loved Peter (Mr. Neat), Thunda, Fresh, Bubbles, Kiki, and Stella!! Such amazing and fun people. 10/10!

Overall, 10/10. Will we come back? Definitely!! The other guests were a blast to hang out with as well!!

Sorry for the long review, but everything about this hotel was amazing!! I hope you stay here and enjoy your stay as much as we did!! I hope Iberostar knows the wonderful people they have working for them: our butlers, Kevin and Densten. Star Friends that I have already listed, all of the swim up bar bartenders, and we LOVED Jodi-Kay :) Thanks for a wonderful stay!!!
M&M

Room Tip: Higher floors definitely have a better view!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent honeymoon trip. It was indeed a privilege to have had the chance to welcome you to our hotel. Your recommendation of our rooms, amenities, food, beach/pool and entertainment was also very motivating to our team. We are exceeding glad to hear that you intend to return as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

3,378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Polish first
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

By far this is the best hotel/resort I have laid my eyes on. Upon arriving at The Iberostar Grand, the BellHops hand you a very cool and damp hand towel infused with a essence that one will never forget. It was at that point that I knew I was about to be pampered and spoiled. Even though I only spent three consecutive nights, that amount of time was all I needed to revel in the glory of The Iberostar Grand. The main lobby was sensational in its decor and murals that bring it to life. The smell was oh so remarkable! I just could not get over the smell that seemed to travel with you everywhere you turned in The Iberostar Grand.

I had an ocean view room which was to die for. The room has an his and her side plus the toilet and the shower are enclosed with a jacuzzi in the middle. A super plus to the experience is that your room comes with a personal butler. I was stunned at first because that is an ammenity that I had never heard of before; but considering that it is a Five Start resort, I did not mind at all. The minibar/refrigerator was loaded with top shelf alcohol including beer and soft drinks. Because of the all-inclusive nature of the Grand, the minibar is restocked daily without question.

The Iberostar Grand offers two buffets of which the food was absolutely delicious. Keep in mind that your reservation at the Grand allows you to access the other two hotels on the property: Iberostar suites and Iberostar beach resort. That access is not limited AT ALL. You can eat and partake in the activities at any one of the other hotels. I did try the buffet at the suites. It was just as good in taste but the dinnerware and the setup was completely different from the Grand. The Grand has 3 restaurants of which you can make reservations. I highly recommend the Italian restaurant. I had the lasagna and it was the best lasagna I have ever had in all my lifetime. lol

The grounds has your typical pool with bar/swim up bar and beach area. The pool areas was decked out with lawn style chairs and beds...yes beds. You can get massages and try all sorts of watersports. There is also entertainment to be had but dont forget that one can go to the other hotels for their entertainment too

Overall, Iberostar Grand is A property that is worth a second, third and fourth visit. The ability to have access to the other properties is a welcome perk so dont let the price deter you has you will absolutely get your money's worth!

Room Tip: If you decide to get a Ocean View Room, ask for room 5037. It is a end room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review. Your compliments concerning our warm welcome, scenic views, delicious food and various restaurant choices will no doubt encourage other travelers to choose our hotel. We are grateful for your generous recommendation as it demonstrates that we have met your vacation needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon and trust that you will think of our hotel as your “home away from home”.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a wonderful place for an adults only sunny vacation. The resort is pretty, clean and staff are friendly. The food here was very good considering it is all inclusive. The alcohol for drinks is good quality. There are a ton of activities for all age groups- tennis, spinning, yoga, stretching, Zumba, cigar smoking room, casino, kayaks, beautiful pools and a great spa.
The only reason I would not give the Grand 5 stars is bc many of the beach chairs needed to be repaired or discarded- padding on several were stained and unattractive. Not 5 star quality. Also although staff was completed polite, helpful the service in restaurants was slow. It seemed as though they did not have enough help for amt of reservations they took. I would go back again!!

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 0 which was a few steps away from beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We were encouraged by your commendation of our resort in general, staff, food, and assortment of top-shelf liquor. Please be assured that we have noted your concern regarding the Beach Chairs. Our Management will also endeavor to urgently address this situation. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that on your next visit, we can exceed your expectations.

Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was our second trip to this hotel .Jan 16 to 26. When we arrived at the resort we asked at the front desk if we could have the same floor as Darwin and Randy .They upgraded us to a oceanfront room .Beautiful !!! Even though it rained most of the week we still had a great time thanks to the Star Friends Bubbles Shortcake Tiki Mr Fresh Thunder and Mr Neat who remembered us from last year .All the resturants are great and the buffets are too .The entertainment is good Star Friends work hard and do a great job.We have been to three Sandels and none of them rate anywhere near this resort. If you want value for your money this is the place to go.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We were inspired to hear that our Butlers and Entertainment team all contributed to making your vacation a resounding success. We were thrilled to learn that you rated our resort highest when compared to other Caribbean resorts. Such compliments go a far way in reminding our staff that our guests recognize their extra efforts. Please come again soon and we hope to exceed your expectations even further on your next visit.

Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was our first All-Inclusive stay and Iberostar really set the bar high... The Food was outstanding, the room actually looked like the room in the brochure and the service was top notch.
Add to that how clean they keep it... they were constantly cleaning and kept the entire resort sparkling... It was one of the best trips ever... we coupled the Iberostar resort with services from Club Mobay (arrival and departure services at the airport - they actually greet you at your plane and walk you thru Immigration and Customs) and Island Transfer and Tours to pick us up and deliver us safely to and from the hotel... we could not have asked for 3 better companies to pamper us while in Jamaica!

Room Tip: Any room 2nd Floor or higher has great views!
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to visit the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. We were exceptionally pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. Our Management has tried to design an all-inclusive product that provides luxury and relaxation for our guests, from your review it would appear that we have successful at doing just that. It was an honor to have been able to serve you and we certainly hope that you will choose to return soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was meant to be a romantic beach getaway for two. And that's what it turned out to be. We inadvertently booked the President's suite, which was an amazing, over-the-top surprise. The beach was wonderful and clean, and the ocean water warm and inviting. The pools were busy, but we never struggled to get chairs/beds. The bars were well-stocked. The hotel staff were over-the-top polite, mostly, and the service very good. The food was generally very good, but after eight days, it was starting to get a bit repetitive. Be SURE to make ALL of your restaurant reservations for your entire stay on the day you arrive -- you may end up disappointed and unable to get a reservation otherwise. I will definitely go again. The surprise rose petal bath for two with champagne and candle light was a very nice touch.

Room Tip: You want a north facing room facing the ocean. Highly recommend the Presidential suite which was de...
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We were thrilled to see your kind comments about our excellent beach/pool facilities, delicious food and extra amenities we had put in your room. We hope to be able to accommodate you again soon and invite you to bear us in mind when planning your next vacation. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was our second stay at the Grand and when we visited before we noticed that people who were repeat visitors seemed to be a bit more pampered. Not us. We ended up being put in a room that had no air conditioning, no working ceiling fan and the bathroom fan didn't work. There was such a build up of moisture in the room that we ended up moving to a new room at 11 PM the 2nd night we were there. The new room had a phone that didn't work and the fan on the veranda didn't work. Add to that the two cock roaches we had to kill and we would have to say the rooms were not worth the money. If someone from the Grand reads this, I suggest a top to bottom inspection of the rooms by someone looking at them like a guest!!!

The good news is that the Customer Service at the pool, restaurants and spa hasn't changed!!

The Star Friends people were fantastic! The young ladies who were attending to our every need at the pool were incredible and we had the best massages we've ever had! The food in the restaurants was above average for an "all inclusive" but we were disappointed by the Italian restaurant. People who stuck out were William, the bell hop: Barrington the sommelier was friendly and knowledgeable; Kimberly gave me the best back and neck massage I've ever had; all the young ladies at the pool.

Finally, the whole "butler" idea is overrated. We went with friends and we thought we were missing our butler because we changed rooms but our friends told us they had a hard time tracking down theirs. The person who was to be our butler, Yashi, has great potential but the bottom line is that there needs to be consistency on every shift since it isn't feasible for a butler to work 24 hours a day.

Bottom line on the Grand... great people, good food, excellent drinks, average rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from 6118 and 6417. We stayed on the east side of the resort the last time and had a great...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to share your review on this website. It is unfortunate however that you believed that you were not treated exceptionally for being a repeat guest. Even more regretful for us, was the fact that we were fully booked and therefore unable to grant you a second room change. We do have record of your complaints regarding the air condition in both rooms which you had occupied. Please accept our humble apology for any inconvenience you were caused.

Your comments about the quality of our rooms have been noted and we will be immediately looking at the air conditioning issues which you have mentioned. Such complaints are not typical of our guests, so kindly be assured that this is not the norm.

We found your comments about our friendly staff encouraging and no doubt, our team will be inspired by your positive comments. Certainly, greater effort will be made to ensure consistency in our service. We look forward to serving you again soon and assure you that we will endeavor to make your next visit a flawless one.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!