We stayed at the Grand the from Sept. 27th-Oct. 5th this year. This was our second time staying at this beautiful resort. This time around it was for a very special occasion, our wedding. There was 18 of us in total for our group and everyone had the times of their lives. I'm going to post my pros and cons below, as it tends to be a little easier to get some things across. I don't have too many cons, but will list them first:
1. The cost of this resort has increased by $500-600 per person for a 7 Night stay in 16 months (and the airfare was not to blame)!!!! I know that this resort is amazing, but come on!!! We also came during "slow" time this year, and the prices were still astronomical. The resort was less than 50% capacity for our week (it was nice that it wasn't crowded) BUT, the price for a week stay did not lower. We hope to return, but if the prices continue to increase as they have been, we may need to reconsider.
2. What happened to the wine options??! On our last trip to the Grand (May 2012), one of the amazing perks was to actually have choice of different red and white wines that were included in your package. This time around it was a choice of 2. How do you raise the prices yet take away wine? I can't put my finger on this one. I love my wine so this was definitely a big negative! Don't cheap out, bring the wine back!
3. Due to the resort being less than half capacity, it was VERY hard to make dinner reservations. There was 2 occasions where 4 of us in the group could not get a dinner reservation in one of the a la carte restaurants, therefore we had to go to the buffet. Still delicious!! But, I don't think it's right that they could not accommodate.
4. No Big Bamboo!! We requested it twice, but no luck.. LOL.. This is not major, but that song was hilarious last year!!
Okay, very little negatives, but they should be addressed!!
Now for the best parts:
1. The staff, like always, were absolutely AMAZING. Everyone from the housekeepers, bartenders, star friends to reception, were fantastic. We built some great relationships with the staff. They always have a smile on, and are there to help. Some of the staff that really added to our experience were Bubbles, Stella, Randy, Wheeler, Barrington, Kerry, and the list can go on!!! They were awesome!!
2. The rooms and the grounds of the resort were immaculate. I really can't say enough on how well kept this resort is. The maintenance crew are always at work keeping everything clean and fresh. Housekeeping service is A+!! they make your rooms spotless! I left my IPOD in one of the rooms where I was getting ready for my wedding and totally forgot about it. The next day, the housekeeper brought it to my room and asked me if I left it in there. Super honest, and such a sweetheart.
3. The pools are relaxing, clean, spacious and a perfect place to keep refreshed.
4. The beach at the Grand is also immaculate. The water is beautiful with very little seaweed and shells on the bottom. I loved it!
5. Our wedding coordinator, Janielle was amazing to work with. We had an off-resort ceremony, but Janielle planned our semi-private dinner and private cocktail party with a bonfire on the beach. It was beautiful!!! She made everything run smoothly, and made sure it was perfect. Such an amazing memory!
6. The food is spectacular! They really know how to put out a good spread at the buffet, as well as fine-dining dinners in their A La Carte Restaurants. You have to love the 24 hour included room service as well. Try out the burger and fries!! We had that a few late nights, delicious!!
I'm sure I could ramble on and on about how amazing this resort is. You really can't go wrong with this resort. Please don't raise the prices so much in the next year, and we'll be back for sure!!
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Hotel
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Hotel Montego Bay
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Jamaica - Montego Bay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, VISIT US, INC. , HotelsClick, Tingo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Grand Rose Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.