“Hopefully some different information” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Hopefully some different information”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm going to try to give information in this review that is not necessarily present in others. First off, would I go again, yes absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, best holiday I've ever been on.

Ironically I found out about this place because I was looking for somewhere that you could have unlimited lobster. When I got there the lobster was off season because of government restrictions on the fishing period. Not the hotel's fault but I'll definitely return during lobster season. Curiously a lot of the restaurants still had lobster on their menus - some had a slip note to say the lobster was being replaced with shrimp. You'd really expect a 5 star place to print off fresh menus and indeed vary them.

Disappointed with the surf and turf restaurant. Asked for a medium steak, it came cremated and didn't have time to ask for another one as was going to the Pirate Beach Show. Gourmet restaurant was also weird in serving water out of a large plastic bottle (other restaurants it was served out of a metal jug).
The buffet food was absolutely great, I'm a fussy eater and there was so much variety of good quality food on offer you couldn't go wrong. There were themes to the buffet evenings (eg. Oriental, Jamaican) and a suggestion would be to publish the schedule for these themes in advance because if you didn't like the theme for a particular day you could then book a restaurant for that day.

Seen lots of other reviews about the reserving sun bed games. I have to confess each night I would get in from the disco approx. 3:30am and be out at 07:30am every morning getting my favourite spot. However, I wouldn't leave that spot from then unless I was going for 30 mins for food or to the swim up bar, which I think is reasonable. Mostly sun beds weren't unoccupied for the 4+ hours being suggested - it's true people would come at 8am and reserve and not be there until 10-11am but then they would mostly occupy that spot throughout the day.

Went every night to the disco because I like to dance. DJ on the Friday night was excellent, he really knew how to play what the crowd wanted - some of the DJs sometimes played music styles people didn't want for too long, despite the fact it being obvious no one was dancing to it and so people left making the disco more deserted. Disco is shared between all 3 hotels so it has quite a good vibe to it.

Being adults only is what really appealed to me about the hotel as I'm not really a big fan of kids running about screaming. However, some of the other adult guests were worse - why you need to shout so the whole pool can hear when the person you're in 'a conversation' with is just next to you is beyond me. I'm no prude either, spending plenty of summers in Magaluf, but I'd never experienced those kind of noise levels during the day.

Didn't spend much time in the room but a few things to counteract what other reviews have mentioned. Didn't find the 'pooling' of the water in the shower a big inconvenience. You can adjust the air con - the temp controls are by the side of the bed, ice was available for us in the room (but it took some hunting out), mini bar was restocked daily with whatever had run out.

A lot of reviews I've seen have criticised that butlers were never there - I think that's the wrong impression, in all the films I've seen they ring for a butler to appear rather than just expect them to magically be there - and the same was true here. My wife had got burnt on the first day, the pool concierge people had noticed this and radioed up to the butler to supply some after sun, which he dutifully did. Indeed the pool concierge people would always be offering to rub sun cream into me.

Which brings me onto the staff. They are the most friendly, helpful people you will meet.
Shout outs to 'Dr' D.Wayne and Yolanda in the lobby bar. Yolanda had an award winning smile and Dwayne was always keeping us amused with his tricks and banter.

There are a few easy things the hotel could address
- The hotel very generously provides sunscreen but not until 10am, they don't have to do this but I'd noted it from other reviews and took hand luggage only. The sun made an appearance over the buildings between 08:45 - 09:00 so it would be good to have protection for then.
- The in room hotel facilities guide was very old and grubby and as that's the first thing you go to, it doesn't create the best first impression. Be better to either replace every month or cover the sheets in plastic.
- The times the shows begin aren't advertised outside the front of the theatre. Of course all you have to do is ask but I prefer to look up information for myself.
- Please, please get a wider variety of music selection at the pool side bar. Hearing 'I shot the Sheriff' 20 times a day starts getting you down

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience. We are joyful that despite our imperfections, we were able to give you a satisfying experience.

Our hotel is Green Globe certified, which will reflect through our practices. This is part of our reason for not changing the restaurant menus that consist of lobster dishes, but instead placing the notice with the substitution. We also want our guests to be aware of what the original menu options are, since these are what are available for the majority of the year. We find that this information also assists some repeat customers when planning their future visits. We do serve water from pitchers in our Cornwall and Port Maria Buffet Restaurants, but serve from the actual bottled water in the A La Carte Restaurants because of the different atmosphere. We do have the restaurant schedule ready for each week, on the Saturday before the week begins. This information can be requested at pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm Dinner reservations can also be pre-booked.

It is unusual for us to leave unpresentable directories in the room, but have also already started to use laminated ones, to better uphold our standards and facilitate our Green Globe practices.

The time the show begins is actually located on each Grand Journal stand that is located close to the elevator of each floor, as well as in the lobby, as this is where all the entertainment activities for the day are posted.

We will definitely be taking all your suggestions into consideration. We are happy that you enjoyed the other facilities, and the exceptional service of our staff, in particular your butlers, pool concierges and bar staff.

We would love the opportunity to give you an even better vacation experience than your last.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,389)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is amazing! My husband and I got married there only 6 months ago and needed to go back because we missed it so much! The service is always above what you would expect. Upon arrival we were upgraded to an ocean front room! Syreka and janelle were our wedding planners and we ran into them to say hello. They had our butler decorate our room in honor of our return! The food was so good! Where else has lobster and caviar at the lunch buffet? At the surf and turf restaurant the waiter insisted that my husband have lobster with his meal... Again where does this happen? The people of jamaica are the nicest people! They love their country and really want you to love it too! Highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for you generous review. We were ecstatic to have been able to serve you again so soon after your wedding. Your comments about our cuisine and the warmth of our staff will also go a far way in motivating our team. We hope that you will also consider returning for your one (1) year wedding anniversary and trust that you will not hesitate to contact us at pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm to let us know when you have booked.

Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our stay at Iberostar Beach Resort in Jamaica was in one word-perfect! The staff were amazing. Each and everyone had a smile. We were treated very well.
The room was very clean and the bed was spectacular. The air conditioning was quiet and kept the room at a comfy temperature.
The food was beyond our expectations. It was very fresh and delicious with lots of great choices.
We enjoyed the pool and the Star friends who made it all fun.
The beach is fine sand and the water is warm.
Thanks to Lloyd, Barbara, Slick and Danica for making our stay extra special. You are the people who make this place shine. Carol Ann and Tony

Room Tip: Our room faced the beach...beautiful!
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciated hearing feedback from you as to your opinion of our staff, rooms, food and entertainment and were especially pleased to learn that we had met your high expectations. We look forward to serving you again soon and trust that you will not hesitate to return.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I booked the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica to attend a friend's wedding that was being held at the resort. We have been to a few resorts, but never to a 5 star resort before. We truly enjoyed the experience. Marlon, our butler was wonderful and made sure that we had everything we needed, wanted, and even things that we didn't even know that we could ask for! The restaurants were all wonderful, but we kept returning to the Surf and Turf and the theme buffet. If you have your heart set on lobster, don't visit in May, as lobster is illegal to catch during this time. I think it is also unavailable in June, but check for yourself - don't quote me on that. They substituded scallops whenever lobster was stated and they were delicious.
If you are considering a wedding here, go for it! It is a wonderful location - rain or shine!
All in all, I will definitely recommend to others, and will try to visit again myself..... I just have to find a babysitter....

Room Tip: It seemed that all rooms had lovely views. We were near the lobby with views of the pools and the oc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We were pleased to hear that we had met your high expectations especially the quality of our restaurants, cuisine and butler service

During the period of April 1, 2013 to June 30, 2013 we are not allowed to serve Lobster based on Jamaican Fishing Laws. During this time we substitute Shrimp for Lobster in our Lobster Dishes. We are looking forward to planning your wedding with you and invite you email our wedding coordinator at weddings.grand@iberostar.com.jm. Also remember that you can also spend vacation as a family along with your children at the neighboring hotels, Iberostar Beach Rose Hall or Iberostar Suites Rose Hall.

We look forward to serving you again soon and hope that you will not hesitate to return.

Enterprise, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent a full seven gays at the resort and had a great time. We did find that getting reservations to some of the restaurants was bit tricky. The earliest we could get at the gourmet was 8pm. We tried a couple of different times and after eating there decided we liked the buffet better anyway. The buffet was excellent and the staff in the kitchen were very good. Mrs. Karen cooked fish to order and it was the best I've ever had. Just tell the cook to prepare the food they would make it for themselves and you will not be disappointed. I saw on some other reviews that some people had trouble finding their butler, that was not a problem for us. Our butler Kevon seemed to be everywhere. he took care of any request we had and was very professional. The beach staff were also great. Shortcake and the rest of the entertainment crew were outstanding. We'll couldn't have been happier!

Room Tip: Unless you just have to have a beach view, I would recommend a junior suit, they're the same siz...
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to spend your recent vacation with us. We appreciated that you also took the time to review our property. It was very rewarding to our team to hear that you considered your week spent with us to be well worth the trip. Your positive comments about our Butler service and Star Friends will also serve to motivate them. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This resort is awesome! You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay at the Grand. The staff is amazing, the rooms are clean and beautiful, the food and drinks are high quality and the atmosphere is relaxing. We stayed here to celebrate our 20th anniversary and my wife and I could not have been happier with the choice. Definitely stay in the ocean front suites, the view is amazing. We had Reneish Codner as our butler and he took great care of us. No request was to much to ask. Our housekeepers kept our room immaculate at all times and Kaycan made us great drinks! Definitely order her specials. I can't say enough about this place, we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Suites are the way to go
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative feedback. Your positive comments about our staff, food, drinks, efficient butler service and relaxing atmosphere were also inspiring to our Management and Staff. Our team remains committed to the total satisfaction of our guests, so reviews like yours remind us that we are on the right track. We look forward to your return and trust that when contemplating how to spend your 21st Wedding Anniversary, you will consider the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your destination of choice.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Iberostar Grand July 8-13. They made my mother I feel like stars! The service was excellent. They didn't force you to tip . But we did! They were very respectful. The Grand has no children . I love children, but this was great. We had entertainment by the pool, dancing reggae, water aerobics etc. They have a swim up bar, volleyball for you to play in the pool. Make sure if you visit Jamaica bring some 1 dallor bills , because if you give them a big bill they will give you their currency. Also best to have change like 5's and 1 's if you going on an excursion. No big bills. The dallors come in good for tips. The jucuzzi in the bedroom and swing on the balcony was beautiful . You get a butler. Only thing I would say they need to work on is room service. They got my order wrong . I tried calling two days and the line stayed busy. I had to call the concierge to place an order. They got it wrong . But that was minor , because everything else was spectacular! The restaurants are great. Surf and Turf was excellent! The Japanese restaurant was good ! Excellent presentation! They also have shows at night! I thought I was on broadway! A gentleman plays the saxophone in the lobby every night and some nights the piano. The young people are so talented at this resort! Let me not forget the five star people! They help get you involved ! They did an excellent job. William the bell service guy did a great job. They greet you with a drink upon your arrival and towel with ice! First class all the way! I didn't go during peak season , I went off peak and it was still great! The buffet is to die for! We had fresh lobster, shrimps, curry chicken, etc and lots of other things to choose from! When you get there you will say that lady review was right! Don't look any further! This is it!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We were pleased to hear that we had met your discerning taste. We were especially honored to hear that you enjoyed the service of our staff in general as well as the delicious cuisine. Please come again soon as we would love the opportunity to be able to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#8 of 64 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 stars 4,431 reviews
The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!