“" No Hesitation to go Back Again!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
East Haven, Connecticut
“" No Hesitation to go Back Again!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week stays at the IGRH. We hadn't taken a major vacation in a long time and decided to go to Jamaica and the IGRH on a friend's recommendation. I was apprehensive reading all the reviews thinking it all couldn't be true but it was wonderful!!!

I emailed the resort to make dinner reservations prior to going. Within hours I received an email back stating they will send me confirmation, which they did. The times were 8:30. When we arrived I went to the concierge and they very easily changed the times to 7:00.

When we arrived at 12:00 we were greeted with moist cold towels and a mimosa. Kenroy, who checked us in, was very pleasant and stated that our room wouldn't be ready till 3:00, so my husband and I took advantage of the time and walked the resort and had lunch. We were amazed by the beautiful lobby and the grounds. It was clean and immaculate. The women keep the outside bathroom facilities spotless and everyone here works extremely hard.

We received a complimentary upgrade, an ocean front room. The room was gorgeous and clean! We were on the third floor 5337, which was a corner room so we had the ocean and the suites pool area view. We took so many pictures from the balcony because we couldn't believe how beautiful the view was!! I didn't mind the noise from the pool area.

Many reviews have different views on the butler service. Our night butler Dwayne was very helpful. He met us in our room the first night and showed us around. Our refrigerator did not work and within an hour it was replaced with a new one. We didn't need much, but if we had questions or needed anything Dwayne was there to answer any questions. He also surprised us one night with a rose bubble bath, balloons, and champagne for my birthday and our anniversary. He even informed us what day he wouldn't be there and who would be replacing him. Our day butler we happen to meet in the hallway on one occasion and mentioned to him that the slippers they leave were missing from the room. He said that he would have them replaced, but that never happened. It wasn't a deal breaker for us but it would have been nice if he followed up to see if we received the slippers. Therefore, your experience with butler service will depend on who you get.

I made a new friend there Kerron. She was our person who turned down our bed at night. She and Suzette, our day person, take great pride in their work. Our room usually did not get cleaned until later in the day. That was not a problem for us. One day we just laid out on the deck while Suzette cleaned the room, When I went back in she had left a cute towel creation on the bed. Kerron one night told me to go to dinner and come back for a surprise. When we returned we had a rose bubble bath drawn. I was so surprised and excited that when she saw me in the hall we gave each other big hugs!! Kerron you are awesome and I miss you!

The staff at the Grand goes above and beyond! The Star entertainment crew are hard working kids that are friendly and will come, sit, and talk with you or leave you alone if you wish to just lay out and relax. Kiki, Bubbles, Diva, and especially Shortcake are great fun. Lollipops will be in the mail soon Shortcake, but remember you have to share with Diva!

The night shows are very entertaining. These kids also put in a lot of hours and you can see how proud they are of their art and put on the best shows. I loved watching the dancers. We went to every show except for Wednesday's night because we had way too much fun at the pool bar earlier that day!

We met awesome people from Texas in the pool and the pool bartenders know how to show you a good time! A special shout out to Jerry Kerry, Wesley, Deavon, and Avion! The waitresses around the pool are diligent and always made sure you had a drink. We had a wonderful conversation with one waitress, Sonia.

We went to all the restaurants except for the gourmet. We enjoyed them all. Our favorite was the Japanese and our most entertaining waiter, besides the Japanese, was Kareem at the Italian restaurant. He made you feel like he was your own personal waiter. He even serenades you. Being Italian, I was skeptical of going there, but it was good. The buffets were also very good. We loved the breakfast buffet. Every morning I had something different. I can't say enough about the fruit! I ate so much of it!!

We love meeting people, having conversations, and participating so this resort was perfect for my husband and myself. We joined water aerobics but just watched other events. They don't pressure you. There is always something happening on the beach and there is a cookout everyday so you don't have to do the lunch buffet if you choose not to.

I know this review is long but I can't say enough about it. We will be definitely returning!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. It was encouraging to learn that we had met your expectations. Your compliments about our rooms, staff, cleanliness of our property and amenities offered, meant a lot to us. Your feedback is important as it helps us to know whether we are meeting the needs of our guests. We have therefore noted your comments about the inconsistency of the Butler Service and will be making every effort to improve on that particular area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

3,441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,043)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We just got back from our first stay at this amazing resort and we were blown out of the water with the impeccable service and wonderful food. Our butler Donovan was extremely accommodating and answered all of our questions. If it is possible to request him we would do it in a heartbeat, he is personable and makes you feel at home from the get go. The resort itself is beautiful and having full access to the other resorts was great for long beach strolls in the morning and made it possible to attend a friend's wedding in the Suites next door. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We did not want to leave, we will be coming back! Room 6406 sends its love!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We would like to also like to extend our appreciation for your comments about our butler service, warmth of our staff and property in general. Our Management and Staff take pride in offering the very best in personalized service, so reviews like yours serve to encourage our team.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our tour with Kim, our Tour Guide, was an excellent experience for the entire family. We enjoyed various activities ranging from river climbing (which was literally scaling a waterfall) to a relaxed tubing escape on the Dunn's River. Kim did an absolutely amazing job at making the whole experience memorable, she kept us all ready and rejuvenated with energy, it was amazing. We hope to visit this resort again, it was an amazing experience. Utterly unforgettable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are grateful to hear that you had an enjoyable vacation at our hotel. We were also pleased to learn that you fully immersed yourself in making your visit even more memorable by taking advantage of the tour packages available. It would be a pleasure to host you again and we look forward to your return

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We visited May of 2012 for a friend’s wedding and also mine and my wife’s Anniversary. I have not stopped thinking about the vacation since. I have just booked another trip for July of 2014 and have a group of 5 couples that have also booked. The staff at the Grand was amazing and don’t think we could have been treated any better. I was worried at first because i had never heard of the Iberostar chain, but they met and exceeded any and all expectations. If you are tossed between where you want to stay, look no more. Can’t wait to head back and share the next trip with amazing friends and family that are going…

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. It was a pleasure to have been able to host you on your first visit to the Iberostar Chain. We are thrilled to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and have since made plans to return. We invite you (and your other guests) to email pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm closer to the time of your visit, perhaps two (2)weeks prior to arrival, so that we can assist in making your dinner, golf and spa reservations. It will be our pleasure to exceed your expectations even further on your next visit in order to gain your long-term loyalty.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from this resort for my first time visit to Jamaica and I must say it was amazing! I couldn't find anything to complain about if I tried! The butler service was unexpectedly over the top! My butler Darren and Stephen were terrific, because of them I will most definitely be returning to his resort! Just wish I could have stayed longer...

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are grateful for the fact that we were your hosts on your first visit to the island. Even more delightful, was the fact that you had only high-praises for your Butlers. We look forward to your return visit and hope that your next vacation will be even longer.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Many of you are going to read reviews about this resort and how beautiful, fun, and amazing it is – those positive reviews are all TRUE!

My husband and I vacationed at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in July 2013. The pictures are exactly factual – the grounds are well kept and simply put, beautiful. Expect to have an amazing, luxurious, and relaxing time. The food was very delicious and exotic. We loved the jerked lobster and seafood combo. We also enjoyed a variety of items on the room service menu.

The resort also offers quality entertainment. Whether you are very outgoing or more laid back, you will be well pleased. For example, I am very outgoing and love entertaining – I thoroughly enjoyed the beach party and nightly shows. My husband, however, is very laid-back and enjoys relaxing and chilling – he enjoyed the nightly musical performances in the Aqua Lounge. The entertainment was plentiful and their was something to do at all times of the day. This focus on entertainment, however, never imposed upon the solitude of our room. My husband frequently relaxed on our patio and read a book. The music from the pool area was never too loud and I believe everything was strategically placed for all guests to enjoy their stay.

As beautiful as the facilities are, by far, Grand Rose Hall's best asset is its staff. I believe the best thing about this resort is its staff. The staff was very supportive of our needs, willing to please, and soooo very friendly. If you stay at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, request DURAN as your butler. He was especially wonderful, caring, and went over and beyond to see that we had a terrific time. DURAN will make sure you feel like royalty during your stay!

I also must mention some of the other employees that made our trip especially fun. Star Friends: Shortcake, Bubbles, and Katsuli – Find them, meet them, they are super sweet and awesome! Also, Steven, who was mostly our night time butler, was very helpful and highly dedicated to his craft.

In summary, we had a blast!!! We will be back in the near future.

One Love,
Haynes Family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed the time you spent at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Our Management and Staff work tirelessly to ensure that all the needs of our guests are met. To this end, it was encouraging to hear you mention the names of those staff who left a positive impression on you. It was also inspiring to learn that you enjoyed the delicious cuisine and our immaculately kept grounds. We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next vacation and hope that you will not hesitate to book our hotel again.

Clyde, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

With our very first welcome of friendly smiles, thirst quenching mimosa and cool, fragrant towels, we knew that we had arrived in the lap of luxury! The quiet accommodations were elegant, as was the spectacular balcony ocean view and impressively beautiful and manicured grounds. The refrigerator is well stocked with top shelf libations, and the butler will further customize the drink selections to your exact taste. The gourmet cuisine is amazing. One of the most impressive features of the dining experience is the way the staff manages to freshen up the buffet offerings to make it always seem that you are the first to sample servings from each sumptuous dish. The same is true when the ocean side lunch buffet transforms into the afternoon pre-dinner snack time.

We are not 'hard core' drinkers, but we definitely enjoyed the limitless possibilities, esp. the 'foo-foo' frozen strawberry daquiris and pina coladas (or a combination of the two = Miami Vice). Also discovered frozen lemonade + vodka, all delicious and refreshing options. We loved the pool bar! If you are relaxing around the pools, the staff is constantly circulating to keep your 'fluids' fresh and full.

Despite members of our group saying each evening that they would probably miss the next breakfast due to being completely gastronomically satisfied, they never failed to make it down each morning to check out the fresh fruit, rum cream and Kahlua coffee and to enjoy the prosciutto, freshly squeezed juices, custom omelets, and all the other wonderful breakfast possibilities. Although the specialty restaurants were excellent at dinner time, we seemed to really enjoy the themed buffet choices as much or more. Oh, and the beach BBQ with Reggae steel drum band was fun and delicious too.

One little tip to keep in mind: June was very uncrowded which was a plus. Fortunately, the daily forecast of rain did not materialize at the resort, being far enough away from the mountains. Also, lobster is not available for a few weeks in June, to allow the (lobster) population to flourish. Despite that, food is absolutely wonderful and delicious, and I did not miss the lobster option as much as I thought I might!

Each morning, the beach is perfectly groomed and ready for sun bathing, volleyball, beach Olympics or, of course, swimming. Other fun activities include Hobie Cat sailing, scuba lessons and archery. Golf at Cinnamon Hill is also a wonderful possibility. It is a beautiful, challenging layout, with seaside greens, lush waterfalls and fabulous views, some featured in James Bond movies. The excellent caddies make the adventure even more memorable.

To summarize, the week was one of relaxed and extravagant all inclusive grandeur, and definitely first class all the way!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments on this website. We were ecstatic to learn that our food, especially our Buffet dining, had met your high expectations. It was motivating to also learn that you enjoyed the delicious beverages, and exciting beach/pool activities. We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will return very soon for another relaxing vacation.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!