We just returned from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Because I use Tripadvisor frequently to research vacations spots, I had to take the time to write a review. Overall, our trip was absolutely amazing and I would definitely recommend Iberostar Grand Rose to others!!!! Here is the break down:
1) Rooms: Very spacious and beautiful! The bed was very comfortable and they offer a pillow menu to make sure your pillows are just right. The balcony has a swing and outdoor sofa which is great for enjoying the view. I think I spent just as much time sitting on my balcony as I did sitting in my room. Have room service set up breakfast on the balcony one morning and you will not be disappointed.
2) Beach: No complaints. The beach was beautiful and quite. It was not crowded and water sport rentals are available. They also have a waitress who comes onto the beach for drinks.
3) Pool: There are 4 separate pools (that appear to be one because it is an infinity pool) which overlooks the beach. They have lots of fun pool activities from volleyball to aerobics. They cook jerk chicken on the beach which is amazing and delicious. Drink service around the pool is great or you can visit the swim up bar. Some have complained about the lack of chairs. This was not a big issue for us. I will say that the "great" chairs that are right beside the pool are gone pretty early (by 9-10am) but we never had a problem getting a chair we were happy with. I asked our butler about the chair issue when we arrived and he told me to let him know if we had an issue getting a chair and he would make arrangements.
4) Staff: I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff! They were absolutely outstanding. Tipping is not expected and you are not made to feel like you have to tip but we tipped often because the service was so wonderful!
5) Food: It was good. It was not amazing gourmet cuisine but one should not expect gourmet from an all inclusive resort. As with all al-inclusive resorts, there is a little redundancy but Iberstar is better than most. The portion sizes were great and I could always find something I liked (which says a lot because I am a picky person). We ate at 3 of the restaurants during our stay. The surf and turf was my favorite. You could eat seafood or lobster every meal which was great as well. I would suggest emailing the resort 1-2 weeks before your stay to make your dinner reservations to ensure you get what you want. If you don't, the butler will make your reservations when you arrive but you are less likely to get what you want. We also opted for the romantic dinner on the beach ($200) and it was worth every dime!!!! Private chef, private waitress and dinner at sunset. We were the only ones on the beach and it was very memorable! Very romantic and highly suggested!!! Room service was good, a little longer than expected wait at times but the food was always hot and delicious.
6) Butler service: The butler was great. Many people complain about not seeing the butler but he's a butler so you have to call for him. He doesn't stand around in your room. All you have to do is pick up the phone and they are happy to do anything you wish! Have the butler draw your bath one night...... Candles, rose pedals and wine, all for your bath!
7) Nightlife: Theater shows were good. Bars were great! There is also a nightclub that plays a variety of music. Lots to do!
8) Alcohol: Drinks were not watered down and they had everything I asked for. I was quite impressed with the liquor selection. I am not much of a wine drinker so I cannot comment on the wine selection but the mixed drinks were excellent!!!!!!!!
In a nutshell, we are easy going people and we absolutely loved it! I do not have one complaint! If you are planning a trip to Jamaica, you MUST stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your generous comments. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the layout of our rooms, beach/ pool, staff, food, butler service, entertainment and quality of our beverage. We are honored to have been able to meet your high expectations. Our hotel takes pride in offering the very best in all-Inclusive vacations, so it was encouraging to see that you chose to review our hotel so positively on this website. We look forward to your return and hope that you will not hesitate to choose our hotel as your destination of choice for your future vacations.
Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.