“Babymoon '12” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Ohio
“Babymoon '12”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We thought the staff was impeccable from check-in to check-out; we were always greeted with a smile and friendly island spirit. We didn't spend too much time in our room so I can't complain about or praise the butler service.
The room was nice with a pool in the back that you shared with two other suites. I would've preferred a jacuzzi but no big deal.
The only bad part of our stay was management. One evening we ate a late dinner at the buffet restaurant and management ate there as well with pagers going off continuously and loud discussions to boot. I guarantee you that they don't let the local Jamaican staff eat at the restaurants with guests and neither should they. If management felt they were entitled to do so then they should've done so discretely.
I give high grades for entertainment, the fact that the adjoining Iberostar properties offered additional night-life options, and the Jamaican staff; while I give low marks for management. Travel Tip: lobster season is closed in Jamaica from April 1-June 30 so don't expect any lobster at the Surf&Turf restaurant during that time. We had a great overall stay and would go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing our property as your hosts whilst on your recent visit to Jamaica. It is kind of you to highlight the impeccable service you received from our staff as being a main reason for your enjoyable stay. Your comments about the actions of our Managers whilst you were in-house were duly noted and will certainly be passed on to them. Please know that we look forward to serving you again soon and ask that you not hesitate to book the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for your next vacation.

3,521 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,077)
  • Polish first
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just returned from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Because I use Tripadvisor frequently to research vacations spots, I had to take the time to write a review. Overall, our trip was absolutely amazing and I would definitely recommend Iberostar Grand Rose to others!!!! Here is the break down:

1) Rooms: Very spacious and beautiful! The bed was very comfortable and they offer a pillow menu to make sure your pillows are just right. The balcony has a swing and outdoor sofa which is great for enjoying the view. I think I spent just as much time sitting on my balcony as I did sitting in my room. Have room service set up breakfast on the balcony one morning and you will not be disappointed.

2) Beach: No complaints. The beach was beautiful and quite. It was not crowded and water sport rentals are available. They also have a waitress who comes onto the beach for drinks.

3) Pool: There are 4 separate pools (that appear to be one because it is an infinity pool) which overlooks the beach. They have lots of fun pool activities from volleyball to aerobics. They cook jerk chicken on the beach which is amazing and delicious. Drink service around the pool is great or you can visit the swim up bar. Some have complained about the lack of chairs. This was not a big issue for us. I will say that the "great" chairs that are right beside the pool are gone pretty early (by 9-10am) but we never had a problem getting a chair we were happy with. I asked our butler about the chair issue when we arrived and he told me to let him know if we had an issue getting a chair and he would make arrangements.

4) Staff: I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff! They were absolutely outstanding. Tipping is not expected and you are not made to feel like you have to tip but we tipped often because the service was so wonderful!

5) Food: It was good. It was not amazing gourmet cuisine but one should not expect gourmet from an all inclusive resort. As with all al-inclusive resorts, there is a little redundancy but Iberstar is better than most. The portion sizes were great and I could always find something I liked (which says a lot because I am a picky person). We ate at 3 of the restaurants during our stay. The surf and turf was my favorite. You could eat seafood or lobster every meal which was great as well. I would suggest emailing the resort 1-2 weeks before your stay to make your dinner reservations to ensure you get what you want. If you don't, the butler will make your reservations when you arrive but you are less likely to get what you want. We also opted for the romantic dinner on the beach ($200) and it was worth every dime!!!! Private chef, private waitress and dinner at sunset. We were the only ones on the beach and it was very memorable! Very romantic and highly suggested!!! Room service was good, a little longer than expected wait at times but the food was always hot and delicious.

6) Butler service: The butler was great. Many people complain about not seeing the butler but he's a butler so you have to call for him. He doesn't stand around in your room. All you have to do is pick up the phone and they are happy to do anything you wish! Have the butler draw your bath one night...... Candles, rose pedals and wine, all for your bath!

7) Nightlife: Theater shows were good. Bars were great! There is also a nightclub that plays a variety of music. Lots to do!

8) Alcohol: Drinks were not watered down and they had everything I asked for. I was quite impressed with the liquor selection. I am not much of a wine drinker so I cannot comment on the wine selection but the mixed drinks were excellent!!!!!!!!

In a nutshell, we are easy going people and we absolutely loved it! I do not have one complaint! If you are planning a trip to Jamaica, you MUST stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous comments. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the layout of our rooms, beach/ pool, staff, food, butler service, entertainment and quality of our beverage. We are honored to have been able to meet your high expectations. Our hotel takes pride in offering the very best in all-Inclusive vacations, so it was encouraging to see that you chose to review our hotel so positively on this website. We look forward to your return and hope that you will not hesitate to choose our hotel as your destination of choice for your future vacations.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just back from Iberostar grand rose hall .While we enjoyed the food and the beach , we were disapointed with the quality of room service. The buttler service is useless , they are so confused it is not even funny . Only 5 yrs old and showing signs of aging , our balcony needed a fresh coat of paint to cover the stains . Would not return

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. Firstly, we would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations as it regards our room service and butler service. We also wanted to also express our sincere disappointment that you had chosen not to speak with one of our Managers, who would have been only too anxious to rectify your problems. It is unfortunate that you have opted not to return as we would have been only to thrilled to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were only here for 3 nights, hardly long enough to get a good feel of this resort. I stayed at the Iberostar Suites a few years ago and liked it as well. Ate in the Japanese restaurant first night, it was good, not great, service was good! The resort is beautiful but a little stark from the lobby to the rooms. Fr a resort with this high of a rating, I feel they should make it more warm, even in the hallways. Almost looks undone. Everyone helpful and friendly.
Tried to use an Ethernet cord in my room for computer, Internet was awful there. A little better in lobby with wifi.
We liked the piano man in the IBerostar Suites lobby, he was great!
I would definitely go back if we had the chance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food at the Japanese Restaurant, service of our property and the Entertainment. We will certainly be looking into your comments regarding the ambience of our hotel. It is hoped that you will also allow us to serve you again soon, as we look forward to welcoming you back.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I just returned two days ago from a mother daughter trip and we had an amazing time! While there are little things that could be fixed ( wifi in rooms, rooms are a little dark). The view, the wonderful star friends, the grounds and the events at night, made up for everything else. While we did think the food at the a la carte restaurants could have been better, we are at an all inclusive --what can you expect?! (We are also picky eaters). I think it says it all that I didn't want to leave and my mom is already planning another trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. Your comments about our Entertainment team, grounds, and nightly entertainment were also motivating. As it pertains to the rooms which you described as being dark, please be guided that our rooms are equipped with three types of window treatments, regular drapes, sheer curtains and “Black Out” drapes – this means that you adjust the curtains to suit your preference. Your Butler would have been happy to assist you with adjusting the drapes/curtains, if you had mentioned this problem whilst you were in-house. We remind all guests to voice your concerns whilst in-house as our Public Relations team and Management team remain committed to your overall satisfaction. We look forward to your return trip and also would love the opportunity to welcome your Mom back.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I originally booked a trip for end of may beginning of june through Expedia, I booked an ocean view room for 10 nights, unfortunately i had to cancel that trip due to circumstances out of my control and rebook for end of June beginning of July. I had insurance so that wasn't a big deal, however I had to rebook the ocean view room for 8 nights instead of the 10.

Problem i'm having is that I booked and payed through the hotel directly an upgrade to an ocean front room costing a further $700 for those 10 nights, I booked this hotel because it's supposedly a 5 star property. Claiming to be of 5 star service I didn't think for 1 second there would be a problem either refunding my $700 I paid for the upgrade or at the very least applying it to my new stay (which i'm fine with despite being 2 nights less).

I've emailed them at least 10 times asking about it, I got one response 2 weeks ago after my first email asking (saying they would look into it) and absolutely nothing back since....

I don't think that a hotel that sells itself on being a 5 star property should act this way, and I don't think a 5 star property (or at least any i've been to before) should have any issue either issuing a refund or applying the upgrade to my newly booked dates.

No idea what the hotel is like as I've yet to go, thats the reason for the 2 stars but right now their customer service seriously ranks as one star.

Im truly disappointed and turned off by the customer service at this hotel right now and I not even got there yet... I'm hoping they come good but after no response's to 10 emails I'm not holding my breath...

Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My fiance and I wanted to get away from it all and decompress for a couple of days and our trip to Iberostar was just that. The rooms were great, the staff was so friendly and helpful, the food was delicious and the scenery....well how can it be bad in Jamaica???
I would highly recommend staying at the Grand Rose Hall - just stay as long as you can :)

Room Tip: make sure you request at least ocean view; the junior suites sometimes look over the garden